Regional Cup/Secondary Divisions/Regional Leagues

pauldadams1984

Hey, I know theres probably multiple threads along these lines but can't find specifics.

I am trying to make regional leagues and cups. I plan to make the number of teams in each league variable so it doesn't throw a team into a random region (even if the league has to drop down to 12 teams). Including an inactive division. I will be considering a variable relegation/promotion set up that I have read but I want to see how bad it is by keeping it simple first.

I have read the way to make a regional cup is by making a "secondary competition" thats inactive, add the teams you want into that secondary league and then take the teams from that division to play in your cup.

Problem I am having is setting "secondary divisions" to teams that don't already have secondary divisions. (I.e, I can edit brazilian teams secondary division because they play in the state championships), but I can not add a secondary competition to italian teams.

This is the same with Regional Leagues, If they have a regional league set, I can edit that (i.e. I can edit man citys regional league to be conf s instead of north), but i can't create new if they don't already have one set (i.e. Juventus have no regional league set so I can not add one.

Am I missing something as this seems weird to me? I haven't used an editor for a long time so I am rusty!

I am using basic rules, but these 2 things are database edits and not rules anyway, so am I right in thinking that the rules don't make a difference to be able to add secondary divisions to teams anyway.

fm.jpg

On 08/12/2023 at 16:18, pauldadams1984 said:

aahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Knew I was missing something simple!!

Thank you!

I wanna know, if you figured out a way of doing this.

I think you might be able to help me on my quest. I am working on a database, where my error seems to be when teams get relegated, they get relegated into the wrong subdivision. In the editor test-league it runs fine for a few years, then errors (i suspect its because "the correct" teams are relegated)

On 15/12/2023 at 19:03, Ninja777 said:

I wanna know, if you figured out a way of doing this.

I think you might be able to help me on my quest. I am working on a database, where my error seems to be when teams get relegated, they get relegated into the wrong subdivision. In the editor test-league it runs fine for a few years, then errors (i suspect its because "the correct" teams are relegated)

yes and no. Having teams available to multiple leagues helps (i.e. teams that are on the boarder of both regions)

What I am hoping helps, (which I am running tests with now). Having the bottom league relegate more than it promotes, should counteract any swing from the teams getting relegated.

I.e. if you have the league above relegating 4 teams, have the regional leagues relegating 4 teams each, then even if all 4 that get relegated go into one league, the inactive league only needs to add 2 into that and then pomote 6 into the league thats not had any relegated into.

This is my theory. (I have made all teams the same rep that is in the inactive league so the game doesn't auto add the highest rep, thus causing another swing).

It is difficult for me as above my regional league, I have an 8 group league. Theoretically, I could get 8 teams all from the same region getting relegated, so to test my theory out properly, I need to set 8 teams to get relegated!

So I am doing another database to do it