What annoys me after many years (determination stat)

I've playing Football Manager for years and still I can't understand why 'determination' is so low when set at '0' in the editor. I mean...

Valentin Barco mental stats is from 12 to 16 but determination is at 5? Come on?

16 year old Estevao from Palmeiras. Super talent. Mental stats is from 7 to 13  (remember he is only 16). Determination is at 1 (!)

Is so unrealistic. It dosn't make sense and this list goes on and on. And its the same EVERY year.

Same goes for coaches in 'level of discipline' which in some cases is SO low that its just unrealistic. I was hoping that the creators themselves could se that its unrealistic. If there is a FM God. Change this please. Only lower league players has 1-5 in the determination or a player like Ravel Morrison. No top tier players or big talents should have 1-5.

Yes, I fully agree with this. If I am not wrong, they put 0 when they are not sure, but that can completely ruin a player in some saves. Not just determination, any attribute set to 0.

I think when they are not sure ( if that is the reason why they put 0 ) they should do a range, for example, they set Determination for Barco to be in a range from 12 to 20 in the editor

Edited by Marko1989

Exactly. Instead of '0' you could wright '-3' which is 10 to 15 where as '-4' is 16 to 20. But that might be to much work..

But I mean... Pace for instance. If set a '0' its never like 1 to 5 because no pro footballer is that slow. And no pro footballer has 1-5 in determination..... very few at least

There is a difference in skills but somehow determination is the worst one...