FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tradex:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zordan:

Never really had the Tevez problem as quite a few post about. Tevez and rooney usually is a deadly partnership for me.

I usually play Tevez behind Rooney or using a barrow to amc from his striker posistion

zordan wad individual instructions u give to rooney and tevez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing special really, tevez on attacking mentality and short passing with forward runs and Rooney with very attacking approch and mixed forward runs

Originally posted by Zordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tradex:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zordan:

Never really had the Tevez problem as quite a few post about. Tevez and rooney usually is a deadly partnership for me.

I usually play Tevez behind Rooney or using a barrow to amc from his striker posistion

so both tevez and rooney with full attking mentality and wad u mean rooney with veri attking approach?

zordan wad individual instructions u give to rooney and tevez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing special really, tevez on attacking mentality and short passing with forward runs and Rooney with very attacking approch and mixed forward runs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by red devilz:

anyone knows of any good RB?

gary neville is retiring and i want somebody who is cheap and good!

if ya still got jonny evans,try retraining him. it wont take long because he's either footed and plays well their too.

On failing that take a look at zuiverloon(sp) plays in holland and is a good right back. might be in the dutch squad. improves well too. got him on my game for cheap.

Originally posted by red devilz:

anyone knows of any good RB?

gary neville is retiring and i want somebody who is cheap and good!

what year are you in?

I picked up Zaccardo on a free at the end of season 1 (07/08) . However I also play Danny Simpson alot as I like to try keep some of the united youth coming through.

Originally posted by adonis:

Iago is good on the new patch, I am currently trying to get him on a bosman end of 3rd season but aint interested at the moment. Gai Assulin is another who turns out well.

Matt - I would sell Soldado not good enough imo, if your after a player you can play anywhere try Ben Arfa.

Hmm will look to offload Soldado soon. Sadly Ben Arfa just moved to Chelsea...under my nose hehe. Bidding for Iago. I'm finding it hard to find players to help the cause. think i need another MC to play backup/rotation with carrick, veloso and zapater.

Hey guys... I just cant get united winning :@.. ive ried 3/4 tactics.. created loads and done a full pre season with each .. but still no srong results leading to a poor 3-0 or 2-0 deafeat to chelsea in CS...

Please.. if you have a strong tactic prefferably an attacking one seeing as i usually sign players such as Assulin/ Wijnaldum/ Saivet/ Kroos/ Thiago/ Dos Santos so alot of potential attacking ability...

PLease reply soon because im slowly loosing interest in the game... and its a good game.

Originally posted by pele10:

cheers mate i had a look and sorted now mate icon_biggrin.gif

my only prob is the stars i downloaded don't change icon13.gif

did you put them in the skin folder..im not sure but you might have to change some of the xml coding. dnt know much about that.

Hey guys, just about to start a new career at United and I'm was going to see what I could do with the current squad without making any major changes. Looking at the squad though, it obviously needs at one top class striker to at least fight with Saha in challenging Rooney and Tevez.

I'm playing on the original 8.0 version so what do you think guys? Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Originally posted by Bornlucky:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/tpandpoffthebiff/teamseason2802.jpg

im in season 8.02 who should i play and in what positions?

thanks

Nice team mate. I'd play as follows -

GK VDS

DR Rafinha

DL Evra

DC Vidic

DC Pique

MC/DMC Veloso

MC Anderson

AMR Ronaldo

AML Robinho

AMC Silva

ST Rooney

* How you managed to get Silva, Robinho and Diego by 2008 is beyond me.

niether do i really but i won the quad last season icon_biggrin.gif (part of the reason?)

real madrid came 6th last season so they werent doing to good

silva hada 30 mill realease clause

Got diego 1st season has always been intrested?

thanks for the advice though icon_smile.gif

another quad for 2nd season icon_smile.gif i hope so icon_smile.gif

Inter offered £40m over 24 months £10m after 10 int games plus 50% sell on clause for Nani. it took me 5 seconds to accept. icon_biggrin.gif good times. one week later Nani Refused the contract icon_mad.gif bad times

my team in my 4th season is this

Foster

Kirkland (brought him as back-up to foster but has amazing so is now 1st choice)

Brown (back up for everyone)

Ferdinand

Vidic

Brazagli (however you spell it)

Evra

Rafinha

Simpson (the one at united at the start of game)

Marchisio

Anderson

Ashley Young

Veloso

Ronaldo

Nani

Maxi Rodrieguez

Rooney

Owen

Tevez

Walcott

Just won the premiership and fa cup, rooney scoring 63 goals

wwhat you guys think of it?

Originally posted by htygyr:

Foster

Kirkland (brought him as back-up to foster but has amazing so is now 1st choice)

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evra

Rafinha

Marchisio

Anderson

Ashley Young

Veloso

Ronaldo

Nani

Maxi Rodrieguez

Rooney

Owen

Tevez

Walcott

Pretty solid team there icon14.gif

You could use a back-up player to Evra at LB. Someone younger prehaps.. Have a look at J.Mattock, A.Traore, A.Kolarov, M.Sakho (Also plays at CB) or G.Bale.

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JawKam:

can somebody please post screenies of these young players when they are a few seasons in and have developed well?:

Danny Welbeck

Robert Brady

Fraizer Campbell

Craig Cathcart

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Cathcart

Welbeck

Campbell

Brady </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks icon_biggrin.gif

(This save is on 8.02 with the 8.01 database)

Here's my team. Just starting 2011/2012 season. We've won the league four times in a row. Things are going well.

GK Foster/Ustari

RB M.Richards(25m)/D.Simpson

LB P.Evra/G.Bale(12m)

CB J.Evans/C.Cathcart

CB Pique/Breno(5.75m)

MC F.Fabregas(60m)/M.Carrick

MC Anderson/M.Johnson(20m)

AMR C.Ronaldo/Nani

AML L.Messi(45.5m)/T.Kroos(875k)

AMC W.Rooney/C.Tevez

ST D.Berbatov(19.5m)/Bojan

As you can see.. lots of my youngsters have come through in defence and T.Kroos was with me from season one.

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htygyr:

Foster

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evra

Rafinha

Marchisio

Anderson

Ashley Young

Veloso

Ronaldo

Nani

Maxi Rodrieguez

Rooney

Owen

Tevez

Walcott

Pretty solid team there icon14.gif

You could use a back-up player to Evra at LB. Someone younger prehaps.. Have a look at J.Mattock, A.Traore, A.Kolarov, M.Sakho (Also plays at CB) or G.Bale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i retrained simpson to be left back as well as right, that way im covered until january

End of season 2009/10 update

Clean sweep of all trophies destroying teams and scoring for fun!!

Carling Cup Final beat Spurs 3-0

FA Cup beat Newcastle 2-0

Champions League beat Chelsea 3-0

03302008161747pt8.th.jpg

Rooney maintaining his free scoring run, managing 54 in 45 goals winning numerous world and european awards. Aguero abcking him up with 35 in 32 games.

Silva getting 48 assists and 13 goals in 44 games.

Looking to get a national job once the World Cup finishes.

I just after starting a new game with Man United and had planned to keep almost the whole squad and to finish the season without making any major signings.

However David Gill is after accepting two 30 million pound bids for Owen Hargreaves.

I don't want to sell him as I always find him good but I now have no choice.

I am looking for a replacement who is a good tackler and can protect the back four but who can also pass the ball.

I am also after selling Fletcher for 24 million pounds.

Originally posted by baz1:

I am just after starting a new game with Man United and had planned to keep almost the whole squad and to finish the season without making any major signings.

However David Gill is after accepting two 30 million pound bids for Owen Hargreaves.

I don't want to sell him as I always find him good but I now have no choice.

I am looking for a replacement who is a good tackler and can protect the back four but who can also pass the ball.

I also just sold Fletcher for 24 million pounds.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Scott08:

How in the world are you managing to get £54m for Hargreaves and Fletcher? Somthing isn't right here.

As for replacements.. M.Veloso is the ideal one.

Ya I know you can get crazy amounts for players on the new patch.

The even crazier thing is that it was Reading who bought Fletcher.

I can't ever imagine them spending 24 million on a player.

I also just found Angelo Palombo from Sampdoria who looks like the perfect replacement and will only cost around 11 million.

Has anyone ever had any experience with him?

Archived