FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Scott08:

Palombo is quality.

I haven't been able to get that sort of money for players on the new patch, how did you manage it? Fletcher never sells for more than 10m in the first season for me.

You have to transfer list the player, set their value to 0 and unavailable to loan.

You then offer them out for 0 to drum up interest.

Reject all these offers that come in then wait a few days and offer out the player for what you want offer 24 months.

Using this strategy you can get huge amounts for your players.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go for Veloso he has been immense for my team.

I had Palombo in my milan game very solid DM but not a creative one, so don't expect him to be play through balls if thats how you set your DM up.

Thats is a fab price for Fletcher I only managed £15m end of the 1st season.

Hey guys

I'm about to start a new Man Utd save and thought I would like to ask for some advice or suggestion for players to buy and tactics to use..

I would love to play a 4-4-2 formation but I have had a hard time making a 4-4-2 working for 8.0.2 Anyone who has suceeded with a 4-4-2? Any other tactic on the forum that is perfect for United? I was wondering if the kimz v1 or v2 would be good..

I would also like to know in what positions you have improved the squad with new faces and who you have bought?

I'm thinking of bringing in a right back and a striker if I'm trying a 4-4-2 formation and if I choose to play one of kimz versions I'm thinking of bringing in a AMC or two and a right back..

Any advice or suggestions for my new Man Utd save would be very appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Jance

Originally posted by jance:

Hey guys

I'm about to start a new Man Utd save and thought I would like to ask for some advice or suggestion for players to buy and tactics to use..

I would love to play a 4-4-2 formation but I have had a hard time making a 4-4-2 working for 8.0.2 Anyone who has suceeded with a 4-4-2? Any other tactic on the forum that is perfect for United? I was wondering if the kimz v1 or v2 would be good..

I would also like to know in what positions you have improved the squad with new faces and who you have bought?

I'm thinking of bringing in a right back and a striker if I'm trying a 4-4-2 formation and if I choose to play one of kimz versions I'm thinking of bringing in a AMC or two and a right back..

Any advice or suggestions for my new Man Utd save would be very appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Jance

Best way to play on this patch is with a lone striker supoorted by one or two AMC's. So I think Kimz tactic will be perfect.

Sell Saha and Silvestre for sure. Upto you about the likes of Eagles/Dong/Fletcher if they are gonna feature.

For SC you can get Bojan on a season long loan deal otherwise it would be Aguero who will cost £30m+. For RB Dani Alves around £25m if you can unsettle him. Rafinha will cost around £10m, brown can do a job with Simpson has backup.

For AMC's has to be Fernandez or Van der Vaart, you can get Jiminez from Inter for around £3m but he won't join til the end of the season.

Thanks for the reply adonis

Think I will go for Rafinha.. Is Alves worth the extra £15 mio? It would be very interesting to bring in Aguero and Fernandez.. Will see if I can do so..

I have some questions abour kimz tactics.. Which one of the v1 and v2 do you guys find most effective for Man Utd?

HAve heard that they are both amazing but leaking many goals when playing away..

Thanks

Originally posted by adonis:

End of season 2009/10 update

Clean sweep of all trophies destroying teams and scoring for fun!!

Carling Cup Final beat Spurs 3-0

FA Cup beat Newcastle 2-0

Champions League beat Chelsea 3-0

03302008161747pt8.th.jpg

Rooney maintaining his free scoring run, managing 54 in 45 goals winning numerous world and european awards. Aguero abcking him up with 35 in 32 games.

Silva getting 48 assists and 13 goals in 44 games.

Looking to get a national job once the World Cup finishes.

wht skin is that adonis

Originally posted by Sanityfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

End of season 2009/10 update

Clean sweep of all trophies destroying teams and scoring for fun!!

Carling Cup Final beat Spurs 3-0

FA Cup beat Newcastle 2-0

Champions League beat Chelsea 3-0

03302008161747pt8.th.jpg

Rooney maintaining his free scoring run, managing 54 in 45 goals winning numerous world and european awards. Aguero abcking him up with 35 in 32 games.

Silva getting 48 assists and 13 goals in 44 games.

Looking to get a national job once the World Cup finishes.

wht skin is that adonis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Still" available at Susie icon14.gif but I have changed the font to a bigger one.

Originally posted by jance:

Thanks for the reply adonis

Think I will go for Rafinha.. Is Alves worth the extra £15 mio? It would be very interesting to bring in Aguero and Fernandez.. Will see if I can do so..

I have some questions abour kimz tactics.. Which one of the v1 and v2 do you guys find most effective for Man Utd?

HAve heard that they are both amazing but leaking many goals when playing away..

Thanks

I have never had Rafinha only Alves and he has never let me down, can play on the right wing has well.

I don't play with Kimz tactics only just had a look at them, maybe ask in his thread?

Don't forget to get all the youngsters..likes of Wijnaldum/Toni Kroos/Saivet/Sakho and a few others.

Do Robert Brady and Danny Welbeck develop into quality players? I'm in 2009, giving Welbeck games in the cup and the odd games at home in the league, planning to do the same with Brady next season. Coach reports suggest that they'll be good (good enough to make an impact on my United team), but has anyone got experience with them?

Cheers

Originally posted by Tkmy:

Do Robert Brady and Danny Welbeck develop into quality players? I'm in 2009, giving Welbeck games in the cup and the odd games at home in the league, planning to do the same with Brady next season. Coach reports suggest that they'll be good (good enough to make an impact on my United team), but has anyone got experience with them?

Cheers

Have a look at xx11 post where he has screenies of them two in 2011. just below the top of this page.

Originally posted by xx11:

This is a long post, and I dont blame you if you dont want to read it. But as I was doing my own review I thought I just put it down how I have done here. Screenshots available for competitions mainly just show you the goalscorers, as forgot to split screen them icon_frown.gif

Completed my 3rd season after starting yet another game, restart was due to the updated 8.02 and wanted to begin with everything afresh.

Season 1 Summary

Tactic used in this season was a 4-2-2-2 making use of various positional arrows.

Season 2 Summary

Kept the same 4-2-2-2 formation, however used farrows on the fullbacks and changed various player settings for a more attacking feel. Wasn’t happy with the flow of football in season 1 so was hoping it would be more pleasing attacking football in season 2.

Season 3 Summary

After assessing the first 2 seasons I decided that I was time to pull away from the 4-2-2-2 which I played in the hope of a strong variant of a 4-4-2. Clearly this wasn’t attacking enough and my wingers were not pitching in as much as I would liked. Due to this I devised a fresh formation which they played in a load of friendly games to adapt to. With an overhaul of the player settings, the formation was switched to a 4-2-3-1 with much movement dictated by tactical arrows.

Formation certainly helped out in the attacking areas, with Ronaldo being top scorer on 43 for the season. Just 1 away from Ruud’s record but he just couldn’t break that hurdle. Rooney on 29, Rossi on 22 and Bojan on 18 rounded it off. Was delighted and this formation will continue to be used for the time being.

If you could post/email me a link for those tactics mate would be much appreciated! icon14.gif

Pele 10-You could have sold some of the lads for a bit more money!

Regarding Saha, I don't think he is all that bad. I didn't sell him in my 1st season, keeping him as a backup to Bojan. Couldn't get Bojan in 2nd season as Barca included him in their first team and I didn't sell Saha as I wouldn't get the price that I wanted-and didn't really need to generate more money,would have helped to lower my total wage though.

He has scored a good few goals and is a good backup. Am I glad I have him? ummm, why not I say. Allows me to send some of my youngsters on loan for first team football instead of being backup in my team.

Also, Lullinha...we all know him from 8.01 but he is well worth it in 8.02 as well. Had Ronaldo injured for 3months and I rotated between Assulin and Lullinha. Though not pacey, he has got an 8 in several games and a favourite with the fans.

Flamini, if lucky enough, can be had on a free at the end of season 1.I missed out just slightly. Batuhan ends up on a bosman as well.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Pele 10-You could have sold some of the lads for a bit more money!

Regarding Saha, I don't think he is all that bad. I didn't sell him in my 1st season, keeping him as a backup to Bojan. Couldn't get Bojan in 2nd season as Barca included him in their first team and I didn't sell Saha as I wouldn't get the price that I wanted-and didn't really need to generate more money,would have helped to lower my total wage though.

He has scored a good few goals and is a good backup. Am I glad I have him? ummm, why not I say. Allows me to send some of my youngsters on loan for first team football instead of being backup in my team.

Also, Lullinha...we all know him from 8.01 but he is well worth it in 8.02 as well. Had Ronaldo injured for 3months and I rotated between Assulin and Lullinha. Though not pacey, he has got an 8 in several games and a favourite with the fans.

Flamini, if lucky enough, can be had on a free at the end of season 1.I missed out just slightly. Batuhan ends up on a bosman as well.

cheers mate

im in my second season now... not usually united... am a villa fan n usually relish the challenge to improve them.. lol!

but heres my man u team start of second season!

won the champs league, fa cup and league cup.... somehow amazingly missed out on the league... gutted!!

GK:::

Van Der Saar

Foster

LB:::

Evra/Bale

RB:::

Neville/Brown

CB:::

Ferdinand/Pique/Evans

Kompany/Breno

MC:::

Hargreaves/Sidwell/Fletcher

Makoun/Martinez/Szetela(very highly rated real life... okay on game cost 400k n fans were very pleased with the signing) bargain!

AM:::

Ronaldo/Saivet(amazing!!)

Nani/Modric/Menez

Rooney/Anderson/Scholes

rooneys amazing in the whole behind strikers given a free role....

FWD:::

Berbatov/Henry/Tevez/Balotelli(16 when i brought him ... banged in something crazy like 40 goals in 25 matches for the reserves... class player)

also brought some good youngsters like:::

Gorgelin:GK

Roox: GK

Mattock: DL from leicester

Sakho: CB

Fourtier: CB

Morgado: DL

Rosado: AML

Baxter: AM/FC from everton

Moses: AM/FC from palace

Benzerga: DM

Gosling from plymouth

Nsue : from spanish team.. cnt rememebr which one

Franks: from boro

pichu atienza: pretty good

zeefuiks : or however u spell it

possibly only one or two will make it in to the first team.. maybe not even that.. but i sold about 5 of them for a profit... so worked out well in the end...

also did me well as i took control of the under 18s. won the youth cup and the league.

im thinking i need a new GK,CM and RB

Any suggestions from anybody??

Originally posted by shaggy_123:

im in my second season now... not usually united... am a villa fan n usually relish the challenge to improve them.. lol!

won the champs league, fa cup and league cup.... somehow amazingly missed out on the league... gutted!!

Van Der Saar

Foster

Evra/Bale

Neville/Brown

Ferdinand/Pique/Evans

Kompany/Breno

Makoun/Martinez/Szetela(very highly rated real life... okay on game cost 400k n fans were very pleased with the signing) bargain!

Nani/Modric/Menez

Rooney/Anderson/Scholes

Berbatov/Henry/Tevez/Balotelli(16 when i brought him ... banged in something crazy like 40 goals in 25 matches for the reserves... class player)

Gosling from plymouth

possibly only one or two will make it in to the first team.. maybe not even that.. but i sold about 5 of them for a profit... so worked out well in the end...

also did me well as i took control of the under 18s. won the youth cup and the league.

For GK try Akinfeev or Ustari, RB Alves or Rafinha, CM try Deco.

Originally posted by shaggy_123:

Van Der Saar

Foster

Evra/Bale

Neville/Brown

Ferdinand/Pique/Evans

Kompany/Breno

Nani/Modric/Menez

Rooney/Anderson/Scholes

Gosling from plymouth

Where is Vidic, Carrick and Nani?

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tkmy:

Cheers

Have a look at xx11 post where he has screenies of them two in 2011. just below the top of this page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, right, sorry, didn't spot them. Cheers.

How long have people held on to Carrick and Hargreaves for? I'm in 2009, Carrick has spent most of the season out injured, so my main midfield partnership has been Hargreaves/Anderson. I signed Veloso but he's spent most of the season out injured too, but I think he'll take over from Hargreaves next season.

Should I sell Carrick in the next summer window? And if so, any reccomendations as to who I should buy (someone I'll be rotating with Anderson)

(Javi Martinez has just moved to Bayern for quite a bit, so he's out of the question.)

Still Have Nani.. hes a first choice...

Carrick didnt rele do much so i got rid in january for 16.5 mill... which i thought was a good bit of buisness

which is exactly how much martinez cost.. and hes far better

vidic ended the season on 6.45 average rating which is terrible for a first choice centre back.. ferdinand out injured for most of season.. kompany finished season with 7.21 average rating which is class

so after pique comign back from loan and jonny evans coming back decided to get rid of vidic 12 mill to arsenal (yeh rivals i know) but good money for what it hough was a crap player...

He still has Nani but replaced Vidic with Kompany.. which wasn't a good move.

Javi Martinez is a good replacement for Carrick imo icon14.gif

Stupidest decision ever. Swapping a player who is almost perfect apart from his slight lack of pace for a player who can't head, jump, tackle, concentrate or get in a good position.

thinking of giving FM A REST for now. ever since my long term game wouldnt reload my tactic just doesnt work anymore (strange same team same players)

the nail in the coffin was away to chelsea lost 6-2 4 shots to 17 icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Stupidest decision ever. Swapping a player who is almost perfect apart from his slight lack of pace for a player who can't head, jump, tackle, concentrate or get in a good position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Evon still here with his ever-so-quiet opinions I see icon14.gif

Need an advice on Rio plz...

2nd season and Rio is now 30-Do I start planning of life without him? Sell him in the summer?

Am trying to get Breno. Have sold Cathcart already and might sell Pique after some bad reviews about him on here.

Is Evans good enough to step in? Would Sakho be worthy of a 1st team or only in easier games?

Can anyone suggest a good young DC-not Zapata who has already moved to Porto-Am looking for a youngster who I can train. A few names came up for the Sth American U20 but none that Ed Van Stijn can highly recommend!

Rio plays well until the 5th season from my experiences. And any bad reviews on Pique aren't very accurate as he becomes one of the best CBs on the game.

Jonny Evans becomes good too but prehaps not a first choice CB on 8.02. Definatly good enough for back-up.

Rio plays well until the 5th season from my experiences. And any bad reviews on Pique aren't very accurate as he becomes one of the best CBs on the game.

Jonny Evans becomes good too but prehaps not a first choice CB on 8.02. Definatly good enough for back-up.

Thanks Scott08.

If Pique becomes really good then I should probably keep him. But that means he would warrant a first team place, which is one more reason why I should sell Rio. The other being that I like my team young and now is the time to cash in on Rio. I usualy phase out my players when they get to that age which means that soon Vidic will be out and then Evra.

I have actually done very good with a 4-4-2 formation. I use

Rooney Tevez (ST)

Nani Ronaldo (AML) (AMR)

Veloso Pirlo (MC) (MC)

Evra Vidic Ferdinand D.Alves (DL) (DC) (DC) (DR)

Wingers with arrows to the middle so they are allowed to cut in and shoot.

I also give Alves a free role so he can do whatever he wants.

Pirlo as playmaker.

Ronaldo as target man.

Works for me but might not work for everyone.

Originally posted by Rydo L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone tried Havard Nordvelt(sp) from Arsenal? He has acceleration 10 and pace 11 but Van Stijn says he would be a good signing!

He becomes one of the best CB's in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate. Is his lack of pace and acceleration an issue or can it be ignored?

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rydo L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone tried Havard Nordvelt(sp) from Arsenal? He has acceleration 10 and pace 11 but Van Stijn says he would be a good signing!

He becomes one of the best CB's in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate. Is his lack of pace and acceleration an issue or can it be ignored? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His stats will improved alot during the course of the season. he is worth it.

Originally posted by nch:

I sold Vidic.

But I got Sergio Ramos. For less.

And I sold Pique, but I got Daniel Alves, for a few mil more..

How much did u bought Sergio Ramos for? Real Madrid doesnt want to sell him. they are offering €60 million for him. i don't know if he is worth that much icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Stupidest decision ever. Swapping a player who is almost perfect apart from his slight lack of pace for a player who can't head, jump, tackle, concentrate or get in a good position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Evon still here with his ever-so-quiet opinions I see icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gra still here then icon_biggrin.gif

im on patch 8.02 and rm have offered me £60.5 million for cristiano ronaldo, is this a good deal (im trying to get them to have a buy back price of 30m), and if i sell who should i get, is silva for 3om good? im on season 2009/10

Archived