FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by mn89:

im on patch 8.02 and rm have offered me £60.5 million for cristiano ronaldo, is this a good deal (im trying to get them to have a buy back price of 30m), and if i sell who should i get, is silva for 3om good? im on season 2009/10

i wouldn't sell untill your ready to sell.

best winger in the game imo

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gonna start a game with greatest club in the world . its not really a challenge but it breaks my heart when i beat them and steve coppel always takes over.I am refusing to sell my old gaurd of giggs and scholes cos i dont have the heart. and will deliver the holy grail ( another champ league title ).

hello united fans!!

First sorry for my poor english ( i`m from poland )

Can someone explein me how played manchester against roma?

I saw on the oficial uefa site that was 4-3-2-1, but i don`t know, ronaldo and park played on the wings or on amc`s?

Anyone?

Thanx for reply

Originally posted by Golden_Team:

hello united fans!!

I saw on the oficial uefa site that was 4-3-2-1, but i don`t know, ronaldo and park played on the wings or on amc`s?

Anyone?

Thanx for reply

Ronaldo played yesterday some striker and Rooney and Park was on the wings..

Originally posted by waynefazli:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nch:

I sold Vidic.

But I got Sergio Ramos. For less.

And I sold Pique, but I got Daniel Alves, for a few mil more..

How much did u bought Sergio Ramos for? Real Madrid doesnt want to sell him. they are offering €60 million for him. i don't know if he is worth that much icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

31.5 mil release clause.

And bear in mind I unsettled him and won the champions league to make him join me at old trafford.

Cool signing.

Hey all,

I'm playing with Utd at the moment (hold on, when don't I play with Utd? icon_biggrin.gif), with great success *touch wood*. I'm just entering January in the first season; unbeaten in the league, lost once in Europe after I'd already qualified, won every cup game including the Mickey Mouse cup (League Cup - fielded youngsters each time). We play some wonderful, sexy football at times. Ronaldo is on fire, like irl, Rooney's doing quite good, Tevez has finally hit some form along with Pazzini, so I'm quite happy icon_smile.gif The only major problem is the financial crisis. I'm £13.5M in the red, and I've just had an article in the inbox about speculation that David Gill could step down and let another member of the board take control. Hopefully, if this happens, they'll install a load of money into the club! *prays*

My team is basically the same, minus Silvestre, as I cant stand him, and with Pazzini, Samba, Barnes and Bojan on loan joining the ranks. I've purchased a whole crop of youngsters as well, in the hope that one of two of them might turn good. John Bostock and Manuel Fischer certainly look the business, they could well make the cut tbh.

Right, well I'll be back at the end of my seson, hopefully with a quadruple! (quadruple in the first season, is there a better way to introduce myself? icon_cool.gif)

Originally posted by Spector:

anyway i just finishing my first season with United and i won the treble! and Ronaldo was fantastic this season! cristianoronaldont9.jpg

Here is my team: myteambr7.jpg

I think i just need better gk and replacement for Gary Neville..

Really like this skin, what is this one?

Originally posted by Spector:

anyway i just finishing my first season with United and i won the treble! and Ronaldo was fantastic this season! cristianoronaldont9.jpg

Here is my team: myteambr7.jpg

I think i just need better gk and replacement for Gary Neville..

Got a tactic link mate?

3rd season 8.0.2 - lost out to chelsea last season on goal difference - and this year they're already banging them in with only 4 games played (inc 6-0 v Pompy)

I'm playing this 4-4-1-1 using these team instructions which seams to be doing well - averaging 2 goals a game with very few if any conceded. But if you look at my first team squad with Rooney, Ronaldo, Aguero, Adebayor and Villa, by all rights I should be banging them in. What am i doing wrong?! Please help!!!

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

He still has Nani but replaced Vidic with Kompany.. which wasn't a good move.

Javi Martinez is a good replacement for Carrick imo icon14.gif

Stupidest decision ever. Swapping a player who is almost perfect apart from his slight lack of pace for a player who can't head, jump, tackle, concentrate or get in a good position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Evon still here with his ever-so-quiet opinions I see icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gra still here then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aye, but not had a Utd game on 8.0.2.....yet

mattskelding

If i were you.. i'd go for a slightly more attacking formation. Push your two wingers up to AMR and AML with arrows to the ST position.. to make a 4-2-3-1.

Use Adebayor upfront.. he's the best in the business and will score more than a goal a game. Rooney can sit behind him, then Ronaldo and Nani should score more goals from that position. Of your 2 CMs.. make one defensive (Zapater or Hargreaves) and one more on a normal setting with more C.F and mixed passing (Anderson).

You should hopefully have the same success as me with this type of formation.

o.k ive just had an unbeaten run of 8 games and not conceeding at all from loosing 3-0 at home to arsenal to 4-2 away to chelsea then 2-1 away to city and liverpool. I had a gr8 run but cant play any of the big 3. I'd really appreacheate help on tactics for playing them home and away.

Thanks

just started my game with man u my team is =

gk shmiechal

lb irwin

rb parker

cb pallister

cb bruce

lw beckham

rw kanchelskis

cm keane

cm ince

cf hughes

cf cantona

bought lee chapman for 4m and tony cottee for 6m

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

I am now playing in the first season, but how is it possible to get the finance right. I have to pay 7.5 million euro per month to the bank. I am losing allot of money!!!

There's only one way around that, sell, sell and sell.

Silvestre, Park or Eagles (I kept one as backup for Ronaldo).Clear out yr reserves-though make sure u get the best price for your players.

Fletcher as well if u so wish.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Stupidest decision ever. Swapping a player who is almost perfect apart from his slight lack of pace for a player who can't head, jump, tackle, concentrate or get in a good position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Evon still here with his ever-so-quiet opinions I see icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gra still here then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aye, but not had a Utd game on 8.0.2.....yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go on, start one today, you know you want to... icon_cool.gif

I've just got all my training aspects to 7 stars icon_biggrin.gif Whooot!

A very fast response is needed here my fellow reds! I have only 2 days before the transfer window shuts on 31st August. It is the start of the second season and i'm not sure if Neville is good enough to play at right back anymore, as much I love the man. Trouble is, Arsenal got Alves in first season and I can't afford to pay 90 odd million as it says his sale price is in the mini scout. So should I get a right back, and if so, who should I buy? I have about £54 million so that is alot.

Cheers reds. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Golden_Team:

hello united fans!!

Anyone?

Thanx for reply

It started like this, pretty much.

Rooney

Park Ronaldo

Anderson Scholes Carrick

But Ronaldo pretty much played a free-role and Park and Carrick switched positions at some point.

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

o.k ive just had an unbeaten run of 8 games and not conceeding at all from loosing 3-0 at home to arsenal to 4-2 away to chelsea then 2-1 away to city and liverpool. I had a gr8 run but cant play any of the big 3. I'd really appreacheate help on tactics for playing them home and away.

Thanks

Originally posted by Lancir:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golden_Team:

hello united fans!!

Anyone?

Thanx for reply

It started like this, pretty much.

Rooney

Park Ronaldo

Anderson Scholes Carrick

But Ronaldo pretty much played a free-role and Park and Carrick switched positions at some point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney ronaldo and park kept swapping positions throughout the first half, with rooney mainly on the left wing, ronaldo up the front and park on right, swapping with ronaldo from time to time

Originally posted by simonbyrneno.4:

Guys- Just wondering if Zarate(the lad that is on loan at birmingham in reality) is worth signing for united?

Can pick him up for about 7million, second season and i've just managed to get saha fit enough to be sold, he's gone to spurs for 18mil over 24 months

Yeh deffo, he's a real talent, both irl and on FM tbh icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

Gra still here then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aye, but not had a Utd game on 8.0.2.....yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go on, start one today, you know you want to... icon_cool.gif

I've just got all my training aspects to 7 stars icon_biggrin.gif Whooot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Might do, but I'm happy with my Wycombe game at the moment. I've never played enough seasons with them to get them up to the Prem and into Europe, so I want to give that a proper good go before starting a lesser challenge with Utd.

I can't wait to play with the likes of Andy, Ronny and Tevez.......so I'll get them for Wycombe icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone bought Giorgi Makaridze(GK) who starts out at Dinamo Tbilisi, a Georgian team? He nows plays for Midtjylland, a Danish team and is Georgia's first choice keeper for the first team. He is only 18-19.

I have Lloris as my 1st team keeper, Foster does all the easier games and Corradini on loan.

Coradini is not developing as I thought he would. Foster is often injured and doesn't seem capable of pushing Lloris for a 1st team place. I want a young keeper who will develop and b consistent, and more importantly, who won't cost much as I don't like paying much for somebody who wouldn't b 1st choice.

Anyone know a tactic which means I won't lose? I need to win a few games if I'm even to get 2nd place as Arsenal and Chelsea have only lost once each.

I'm in Quarter Finals of Champions League against Liverpool (winner plays Barcelona or R. Madrid.) and Semi Final against Blackburn (winner plays Chelsea or Liverpool) so its not like I have easy games coming up.

Anyway, I usually line up

GK - Van der Sar

RB - Neville/O'Shea

LB - Evra

CD - Vidic

CD - Ferdinand/Pique

DMC - Hargreaves

LM(arrow to AMC) - Nani

RM(arrow to AMC) - Ronaldo

AMC(arrow to CF) - Van der Vaart

ST(arrow to wing) - Rooney

ST(arrow to wing) - Tevez

I have Saha and Billy Sharp(loan) as back-up strikers as £10.5m went on VdV, £5.5m on Lulinha(next season) and numerous youth and staff (Enyeama too). Sold Carrick for £9.5m for quick cash but sold no-one else till beginning of next season.

Anyone got any ideas then?

P.S. I know who I'm getting next season so just need tactic tips.

Start of Season 2010/11 update

Surprisingly In have only ended up buying a few players which is very rare for me icon_razz.gif.

Iago on a bosman from Barcelona plus a young regen German gk and a French CB also a regen.

But I did sell 2 of my last season 1st teamers in Guardado and Mathias Fernandez, mainly due because I wanted Aguero to play behind Rooney along with Anderson.

Transfers Out:

Mathias Fernandez - £35.5m plus 30% of next fee

Guardado - £41m plus 30% of next fee

Danny Simpson - £10m plus £40m after 1 int cap plus 50% of next fee

Now have a transfer budget of £190m and my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Have around 12 players loaned out for experience and work permits.

Squad:

04052008234703lv6.th.jpg

Won Community SHield vs Chelsea 2-0, and the Euro Super Cup vs Lyon again 2-0 with Campbell getting both goals.

Champions League group consists of Galatasaray, Dinamo Kiev and Strasbourg.

Originally posted by TevezIsGreat:

IMO, I would go for Joe Hart or Kasper Schmeichel, and take a look at Carson and Kirkland too. I know they play for rivals but there is no denying that they are good, upcoming keepers.

Thanks for the infor but Joe Hart and Carson won't come cheap as both are 1st choice for their respective team, in my game.

AFAIK Kirkland is not exactly young. Will have a look at Kasper though.

The thing is, the 1st 3 are pretty much same age as Lloris, therefor not the young keeper I was looking for.

Originally posted by Mooono:

Anyone know a tactic which means I won't lose? I need to win a few games if I'm even to get 2nd place as Arsenal and Chelsea have only lost once each.

I'm in Quarter Finals of Champions League against Liverpool (winner plays Barcelona or R. Madrid.) and Semi Final against Blackburn (winner plays Chelsea or Liverpool) so its not like I have easy games coming up.

Anyway, I usually line up

GK - Van der Sar

RB - Neville/O'Shea

LB - Evra

CD - Vidic

CD - Ferdinand/Pique

DMC - Hargreaves

LM(arrow to AMC) - Nani

RM(arrow to AMC) - Ronaldo

AMC(arrow to CF) - Van der Vaart

ST(arrow to wing) - Rooney

ST(arrow to wing) - Tevez

I have Saha and Billy Sharp(loan) as back-up strikers as £10.5m went on VdV, £5.5m on Lulinha(next season) and numerous youth and staff (Enyeama too). Sold Carrick for £9.5m for quick cash but sold no-one else till beginning of next season.

Anyone got any ideas then?

P.S. I know who I'm getting next season so just need tactic tips.

As far as my experience goes, av noticed that there isn't any quick fix tactic. The players need to settle down with it and play it as you intended it to be.

d my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Squad:

Just seen Adonis's screenshot and Rooney shows up as AM/FC. Why is it that in my game he is only FC?

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">d my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Squad:

Just seen Adonis's screenshot and Rooney shows up as AM/FC. Why is it that in my game he is only FC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably retrained him as an AMC and this makes him better at the AMC position.

You can do this in the training section of the player screen.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Out of curiosity, anyone ever signed Sir Alex?

I've never actually confirmed a contract offer for him but he says that he "doesn't want to return to his former club" so I just cancel the contract offer. However, in one of my save games he joined Middlesbrough!

hey, first post on this thread icon_cool.gif

I'm on 8.0.2, in the Jan transfer window of the 2nd season. Won the League and the CL in the 1st season, final of the FA cup and pretty crap in the League Cup. Rooney got 45 goals last season! Ronaldo and Tevez also played excellently.

2nd season (so far): out of the league cup again icon_rolleyes.gif but in the 5th round of FA cup. 1st in the league (on goal difference) with man city and arsenal playing excellently this season. Strolled through group stages of CL, facing Ajax in the knockouts. Have not played as well or reached the heights of last season, Tevez and Amuri have 17 goals each so far, Rooney with 15.

My current team:

GK: Akinfeev

RB: Rafinha (tried to get Alves but Roma got there 1st)

CB: Ferdinand

CB: Vidic

LB: Evra

RW: Ronaldo

LW: Nani

CM: Fletcher

CM: Anderson

ST: Rooney

ST: Tevez

The rest: Foster, Brown, O'Shea, Evans, Silvestre, Carrick, Young, Amauri, Park

Bought:

Amauri £6m (bargain)

Ashley Young £12m (bit pricey for back up but young and english)

Akinfeev £15m (bought him in this Jan transfer window only played 2 games so far)

Rafinha £16m (played really well)

Plus loads of youngsters e.g. Saviet, Sakho etc

Sold:

Pique £12m to Barca(could rise to £18m board accepted so had no choice)

Hargreaves £17m to Valencia (he wasnt performing great and didnt really fit my formation)

Kusczak £5.5m to B'burn (pretty good deal in my opinion)

Saha £3m to B'burn (way too low but he was constantly injured and playing poorly, had to get rid)

Campbell £5m to Newcastle (did ok, but was a good offer)

Plus several older players (Neville, Scholes, Giggs, VDS) contracts run out this summer...

So im in the 08/09 season, Jan transfer window. I have £20million to spend. I think my midfield is way too thin, and with games coming thick and fast, should i spend now? or rely on the older players until summer and spend big in the big transfer window?

Main priorities: strengthen midfield (only have Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher and Scholes), and a back up striker to support Rooney, Tevez and Amauri.

Any ideas would be appreciated, cheers.

hey, first post on this thread

I'm on 8.0.2, in the Jan transfer window of the 2nd season. Won the League and the CL in the 1st season, final of the FA cup and pretty crap in the League Cup. Rooney got 45 goals last season! Ronaldo and Tevez also played excellently.

2nd season (so far): out of the league cup again but in the 5th round of FA cup. 1st in the league (on goal difference) with man city and arsenal playing excellently this season. Strolled through group stages of CL, facing Ajax in the knockouts. Have not played as well or reached the heights of last season, Tevez and Amuri have 17 goals each so far, Rooney with 15.

My current team:

GK: Akinfeev

RB: Rafinha (tried to get Alves but Roma got there 1st)

CB: Ferdinand

CB: Vidic

LB: Evra

RW: Ronaldo

LW: Nani

CM: Fletcher

CM: Anderson

ST: Rooney

ST: Tevez

The rest: Foster, Brown, O'Shea, Evans, Silvestre, Carrick, Young, Amauri, Park

Bought:

Amauri £6m (bargain)

Ashley Young £12m (bit pricey for back up but young and english)

Akinfeev £15m (bought him in this Jan transfer window only played 2 games so far)

Rafinha £16m (played really well)

Plus loads of youngsters e.g. Saviet, Sakho etc

Sold:

Pique £12m to Barca(could rise to £18m board accepted so had no choice)

Hargreaves £17m to Valencia (he wasnt performing great and didnt really fit my formation)

Kusczak £5.5m to B'burn (pretty good deal in my opinion)

Saha £3m to B'burn (way too low but he was constantly injured and playing poorly, had to get rid)

Campbell £5m to Newcastle (did ok, but was a good offer)

Plus several older players (Neville, Scholes, Giggs, VDS) contracts run out this summer...

So im in the 08/09 season, Jan transfer window. I have £20million to spend. I think my midfield is way too thin, and with games coming thick and fast, should i spend now? or rely on the older players until summer and spend big in the big transfer window?

Main priorities: strengthen midfield (only have Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher and Scholes), and a back up striker to support Rooney, Tevez and Amauri.

Any ideas would be appreciated, cheers.

If you want to strengthen midfield then Veloso from Sporting is a great choice.Cost about 20 millions in second season while around 15 millions in first season.He can play defense and attack.I think no need to strengthen your striker,if anything happen push Ronaldo to striker.

Firstly, welcome! icon_smile.gif

And you most definately need a new DM, someone like Cattermole or Bolzoni icon14.gif

Then, I'd look at getting a back up for Anderson, seeing as Scholes is getting on a bit. On my game, I got Giles Barnes, he's young, English and can cover the wings too icon_cool.gif He's like the English Ronaldinho icon_biggrin.gif

You should probably try and get a back up LB as well. Someone like Bale would be fantastic, if you can get Spurs to loosen their grip on him.

Btw, I just finished my season, so I'll be putting up a season report for you all to enjoy soon icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">d my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Squad:

Just seen Adonis's screenshot and Rooney shows up as AM/FC. Why is it that in my game he is only FC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably retrained him as an AMC and this makes him better at the AMC position.

You can do this in the training section of the player screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep retrained him just in case I have a spate of injuries and am struggling for players, I do it with every player retrain them to be accompolished in at 2/3 positions.

Archived