FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Sheps.:

Firstly, welcome! icon_smile.gif

And you most definately need a new DM, someone like Cattermole or Bolzoni icon14.gif

Then, I'd look at getting a back up for Anderson, seeing as Scholes is getting on a bit. On my game, I got Giles Barnes, he's young, English and can cover the wings too icon_cool.gif He's like the English Ronaldinho icon_biggrin.gif

You should probably try and get a back up LB as well. Someone like Bale would be fantastic, if you can get Spurs to loosen their grip on him.

Btw, I just finished my season, so I'll be putting up a season report for you all to enjoy soon icon_biggrin.gif

That was of course aimed at keaneutdlegend. I should really start refreshing the page before I post icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">d my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Have around 12 players loaned out for experience and work permits.

Squad:

Just seen Adonis's screenshot and Rooney shows up as AM/FC. Why is it that in my game he is only FC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably retrained him as an AMC and this makes him better at the AMC position.

You can do this in the training section of the player screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I thought but I had the impression that Rooney had been an AM/FC at some point. Am quite sure thats what it used to say!

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">d my balance is now £259m, where this time last season I was in the red!!!

Squad:

Just seen Adonis's screenshot and Rooney shows up as AM/FC. Why is it that in my game he is only FC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably retrained him as an AMC and this makes him better at the AMC position.

You can do this in the training section of the player screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I thought but I had the impression that Rooney had been an AM/FC at some point. Am quite sure thats what it used to say! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he was on FM 07. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baz1:

Squad:

Thats what I thought but I had the impression that Rooney had been an AM/FC at some point. Am quite sure thats what it used to say! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he was on FM 07. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx! icon_smile.gif

I would absolutely recommend Amauri. He was my first signing, got him from Palermo for £6million. Absolute bargain. My first choice pairing are Roons and Tevez but Amauri manages to get loads of goals. His aerial presence means he's a good target man, so you could play either Tevez or Rooney off him for a different approach.

What tactic/formation is everyone employing on the 8.0.2 patch? I cant seem to devise a good balanced tactic that gets the best out of tevez, rooney and ronaldo, while being solid at the back. On 8.0.1 I made a very good 4231 tactic, but it dosent seem to work on the newer patch. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by keaneutdlegend:

I would absolutely recommend Amauri. He was my first signing, got him from Palermo for £6million. Absolute bargain. My first choice pairing are Roons and Tevez but Amauri manages to get loads of goals. His aerial presence means he's a good target man, so you could play either Tevez or Rooney off him for a different approach.

I posted my team on the last page. Would you say you'd play Rooney and Amauri or Tevez and Amauri? Because I retrained Rooney to play AML and he can replace Giggs. Otherwise I'll sign Guardado.

Originally posted by Mooono:

What a win!

Amauri was on fire.

Wow. Nice win. How much did Amauri cost you? Rooney and Tevez are great and I might get Aguero but Amauri looks brill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got him for 7.5 million and he has been absolutely brilliant.

Player 32, scored 16, assited 10, average rating 7.47.

Also I just got a 10.25 million pound up front offer from Tottenham.

He dosn't really play in my team as I have Veloso and Hargreaves ahead of him.

Should I accept?

I need a quick response as the transfer window is nearly over.

I can get Zapater for 7 million to replace him.

Originally posted by adonis:

baz-who you talking about? Carrick? You can sell him for £30m easily.

Sorry about that forgot to mention it was Carrick.

I have been trying to sell him and I usually find it easy to sell players but this is the only offer I have got for him.

Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

baz-who you talking about? Carrick? You can sell him for £30m easily.

Sorry about that forgot to mention it was Carrick.

I have been trying to sell him and I usually find it easy to sell players but this is the only offer I have got for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Newcastle usually pay £20m plus pretty sure you can hold out for more.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif On a side note I have just received £40m from 'Boro with Simpson getting a England cap!!

Originally posted by snortsy_23:

What tactic/formation is everyone employing on the 8.0.2 patch? I cant seem to devise a good balanced tactic that gets the best out of tevez, rooney and ronaldo, while being solid at the back. On 8.0.1 I made a very good 4231 tactic, but it dosent seem to work on the newer patch. icon_confused.gif

my tactic is working v.well with a 4-1-4-1

gk-van der sar

rb-brown

cb-vidic

cb-ferdinand

lb-evra

dm-miguel veloso

rm with arrow pointing to stiker-ronaldo

cm-carrick

cm with arrow pointing to striker- rooney

lm-nani

st-larrson

i also make larrson target man and play it to his head. make ronaldo free roRWARD RUNS OFTEN ! hes scored 14 goals in 14 games for me!

Helooo again...

Am in the end of season 2 and have accumulated a fair bit of players-some of them came on free, Gio Dos Santos, Marchiosio, Aquino and maybe a few more...Some were there from the start, Manucho, Saha, F.Campbell, Wellbeck, Rafael, Fabio...and finally a few that I indulged in.

The problem is I want to clear out and am finding it difficult to sell the likes of Manucho, Saha and Aquino. But thats another story.

Below are pics of my first team. All those showing in red are on their way out, one way or another;loan or sale.

From the rest,which one do I keep, loan or sell? (Marchiosio/Sankhare/Hamzik, Lullinha/Ronaldo/Gio,Frazer etc....)

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

Hello

I haven't played FM2008 for like 2 months and started a new game with Man Utd about 3 weeks ago, into my 3rd season now, using 8.02 patch and January transfer window update database.

Here is my team...

manutd1vp1.jpg

By seals at 2008-04-07

Micah Richards (COST just over 64 million)

Guilherme (COST 22 million)

Andres Guardado (COST 20.5 million)

Javi Martinez (COST 25.5 million)

Steven Defour (COST 4 million)

What do you people think? I have a problem with my goalkeeper...Ben Foster...he is unsettled and is looking for a new challange and is considering his options, I have no transfer money left to spend this season.

So far I have not won the Champions cup, won the premiership in 1st and 2nd season, no FA cups nor any League cups yet, is that normal? Got knocked out in first round of CL in 1st and reached semis in 2nd season, hopefully I can win it this season.

What do you people think I should do to strengthen my team? I am planning to buy Petr Chech for 50 million, Fabregas or Denilson from Arsenal and a very fast right back or centre half so I can use Micah Richards in centre or right back so I have a very pacey defence.

manutdtacticsuq3.jpg

By seals at 2008-04-07

Here are the tactics I use, just beat Arsenal 2-0 away with this team from home so I know it works good with right players, I change the arrows of the midfield depending on what the other team do, my defence is very pacey at the moment and the defender arrows make a very tight defence when teams play through middle.

Finished 1st season and soon beginning 2nd season. My team is:

GK: Edwin van der Sar/Tomasz Kuszczak

DL: Patrice Evra/John O'Shea

DC: Rio Ferdinand/Gerard Pique

DC: Nemanja Vidic/Wes Brown

DR: Rafinha/Gary Neville/Danny Simpson

ML/AML: Nani/Abdou Razack Traore/Ryan Giggs

DMC: Owen Hargreaves/Christian Poulsen/Michael Carrick

MC: Rafael van der Vaart/Anderson/Paul Scholes

AMC/FC: Wayne Rooney/Carlos Tevez

MR/AMR: Cristiano Ronaldo/Nani/Sotiris Ninis

ST: Carlos Tevez/Wayne Rooney/Dimitar Berbatov

I have signed this summer: Berbatov £14m (Tottenham), van der Vaart £20m (Everton) and Rafinha £11m (Schalke). I am still looking for GK and DL. Tried to sign Lloris but he went to Zaragoza. Now negotioning for Ochoa. I need advive on DL situation. I have about £15m for it.

Originally posted by Navie:

Don't sell Ben Foster what ever you do, he becomes better than Thomas Kuszczk and has 4 stars, he is pretty good, goalkeepers are very expensive I think to buy.

I haven´t sold him but I loaned him to Fulham because I think Ed can manage one more season.

Navie - why do have all of your back 4 running to the centre of the pitch, don't you get caught on the flanks? You should really find a 1st team slot for Vidic, best defender on the game.

Vidic is my first choice centre back but I put Micah Richards in centre when I play Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool, Aderbayor, Torres don't even have a chance to score when Micah is marking them, Vidic is too slow so I leave him out.

I have my 4 defenders like that because...then my centre of my defence is compact and I don't have a problem with the flanks because Evra has 18 pace and Brown has 16 pace, thats why I need a new right back who is fast for when Brown retires OR a fast centre back and then I can use micah richards at right back. I already have a replacement for Evra...Guilherma who has 17 pace, 15 accelaration and is upto Evra's standard and is only 21 years old.

The formation I suse works like this...have both centre backs on defensive...when playing harder teams go ulta defensive with both centre backs. Right and left back a couple of notches defensive, or a few if harder teams.

Now...the midfield is a flat 5 in centre of the park when your team have no ball and when they do you have 4 going up and have to be good at attacking, Martinez should be centre actually on the tactics screenie about, martinez is a midfield playmaker and give him extra creative freedom. With this midfield the other team get pinned back and when they attack they won't be fast enough as defence is keeping caution, you have to adjust passing style depending what tactic the other team uses and also the arrows on the midfields, I don;t always have 4 going forward.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

Navie - why do have all of your back 4 running to the centre of the pitch, don't you get caught on the flanks? You should really find a 1st team slot for Vidic, best defender on the game.

Vidic is my first choice centre back but I put Micah Richards in centre when I play Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool, Aderbayor, Torres don't even have a chance to score when Micah is marking them, Vidic is too slow so I leave him out.

I have my 4 defenders like that because...then my centre of my defence is compact and I don't have a problem with the flanks because Evra has 18 pace and Brown has 16 pace, thats why I need a new right back who is fast for when Brown retires OR a fast centre back and then I can use micah richards at right back. I already have a replacement for Evra...Guilherma who has 17 pace, 15 accelaration and is upto Evra's standard and is only 21 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For RB Silvestri, Ramos, Dani Alves or Rafinha your best choices. Ramos can fill in the centre as well. My back 4 is Richards, Ramos, Vidic and Evra.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antero3000:

Quickie. Carrick to Newcastle for £20m. icon14.gif or icon13.gif?

I got £30m from the stupid Geordies, could get more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to sell him too but no one has made an offer yet and don't want to offer him as the squad might get unsettled at me trying to force out a player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antero3000:

Quickie. Carrick to Newcastle for £20m. icon14.gif or icon13.gif?

I got £30m from the stupid Geordies, could get more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They wont pay more. Cheap bastards. I'm going to sell as Carrick is pretty useless now. He is craptastic as a DM and aMC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

I have my 4 defenders like that because...then my centre of my defence is compact and I don't have a problem with the flanks because Evra has 18 pace and Brown has 16 pace, thats why I need a new right back who is fast for when Brown retires OR a fast centre back and then I can use micah richards at right back. I already have a replacement for Evra...Guilherma who has 17 pace, 15 accelaration and is upto Evra's standard and is only 21 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For RB Silvestri, Ramos, Dani Alves or Rafinha your best choices. Ramos can fill in the centre as well. My back 4 is Richards, Ramos, Vidic and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvesti...was going to buy him buy my scout said his weakness was 'Does not enjoy the big matches'. Daniel Alves would cost me 50 million...not worth it as he is 26 now, Ramos...is that sergio ramos?...he won't come to me and would cost over 80 million icon_frown.gif

Helooo again...

Am in the end of season 2 and have accumulated a fair bit of players-some of them came on free, Gio Dos Santos, Marchiosio, Aquino and maybe a few more...Some were there from the start, Manucho, Saha, F.Campbell, Wellbeck, Rafael, Fabio...and finally a few that I indulged in.

The problem is I want to clear out and am finding it difficult to sell the likes of Manucho, Saha and Aquino. But thats another story.

Below are pics of my first team. All those showing in red are on their way out, one way or another;loan or sale.

From the rest,which one do I keep, loan or sell? (Marchiosio/Sankhare/Hamzik, Lullinha/Ronaldo/Gio,Frazer etc....)

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

Any advice on who to sell/loan out?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

For RB Silvestri, Ramos, Dani Alves or Rafinha your best choices. Ramos can fill in the centre as well. My back 4 is Richards, Ramos, Vidic and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvesti...was going to buy him buy my scout said his weakness was 'Does not enjoy the big matches'. Daniel Alves would cost me 50 million...not worth it as he is 26 now, Ramos...is that sergio ramos?...he won't come to me and would cost over 80 million icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh Sergio Ramos wait til he signs a new contract then his minimum release fee becomes around £35m.

With Carrick did you use the trick of selling players?

Put asking price to £0, transfer list him and wait for a few days. Then offer him to clubs for £0 upfront and £30m after 24 months, don't worry about other players getting upset there cloncern will go after a few days.

Helooo again...

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

Any advice on who to sell/loan out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need a top RB SImpson and Van Borre aren't good enough. You need someone like Sergio Ramos, Richards, Alves or Rafinha and Silvestri. Don't play Marcelo at LB not good enough beter at AML. I would loan out Sakho I did that for a whole season and his stats increase by loads.

Don't know a few of your strikers but maybe loan out Saivet and Welbeck.

I don't put players in the 1st team on a regular basis until they are at least 20-21. Reserve team football is no good for them so best option is to loan out where they play regulary at a decent level.

Helooo again...

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

I am seriously thinking of selling Pique-the greedy git!

He now wants a salary similar to that of Marcelo's, who received a pay rise coz his contract was about to expire!

This relates to a few posts on here debating about his general attitude!

Helooo again...

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

You need a top RB SImpson and Van Borre aren't good enough. You need someone like Sergio Ramos, Richards, Alves or Rafinha and Silvestri. Don't play Marcelo at LB not good enough beter at AML. I would loan out Sakho I did that for a whole season and his stats increase by loads.

I don't put players in the 1st team on a regular basis until they are at least 20-21. Reserve team football is no good for them so best option is to loan out where they play regulary at a decent level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate.

Van Den Bore has been a personal favourite from earlier fms. Silvestri is out of bounds as he has moved to some other team. I might try to lure him/Richards or Rafinha though.

Will send Saivet as per your suggestion and thinking about Sakho as well. I usually integrate them in some of my first team games when I have a small team to play. Sakho was a regular starter last season and generally did well.

But following from my previous post, I think I will sell Pique and loan out Sakho or someone else as Pique just p***ed me off! Simpson has been disappointing as he has only progressed marginally whereas Van Den Borre has some good stats in spite of his age (younger that Simpson).

I remember you retrained Evan as a DR. Is he any good at that?

Silvesti...was going to buy him buy my scout said his weakness was 'Does not enjoy the big matches'. Daniel Alves would cost me 50 million...not worth it as he is 26 now, Ramos...is that sergio ramos?...he won't come to me and would cost over 80 million icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh Sergio Ramos wait til he signs a new contract then his minimum release fee becomes around £35m.

With Carrick did you use the trick of selling players?

Put asking price to £0, transfer list him and wait for a few days. Then offer him to clubs for £0 upfront and £30m after 24 months, don't worry about other players getting upset there cloncern will go after a few days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not worried about them getting upset...i'm more worried about their morale going down because it makes players play badly.

Was it really neccessary putting down that cheat how to sell a player for any amount of money?

Helooo again...

defensezj6.th.png

attackye3.th.png

midfieldqq7.th.png

I don't put players in the 1st team on a regular basis until they are at least 20-21. Reserve team football is no good for them so best option is to loan out where they play regulary at a decent level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rafina is not any better than O'Shea, maybe faster...thats all.

vbnmu Haven't had the need to play EVans at RB just yet but I like my players to be adaptable in many positions just in case.

Navie The "trick" doesn't allow you to sell a player for any amount just more than you would normally get,I aint forcing people to use it!!!

vbnmu Haven't had the need to play EVans at RB just yet but I like my players to be adaptable in many positions just in case.

Navie The "trick" doesn't allow you to sell a player for any amount just more than you would normally get,I aint forcing people to use it!!!

Why not use Danny Simpson?...on my game it says he has potential to be as good as Richards.

I won't use it anyway...I hate cheating. I like to feel good about what I have done to my team normally.

Why not use Danny Simpson?...on my game it says he has potential to be as good as Richards.

I won't use it anyway...I hate cheating. I like to feel good about what I have done to my team normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my initial question actually was who to sell/loan from my list of defenders since I had too many.

If i sell Pique and loan Sakho I won't need to change anything else.

As you said, I like to feel good about my team. I wouldn't like to splash the cash simply because I have a healthy bank acc-Richards being the best option, he will also cost a lot.

Might look around for some youngster/regens instead.

I won't use it anyway...I hate cheating. I like to feel good about what I have done to my team normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my initial question actually was who to sell/loan from my list of defenders since I had too many.

As you said, I like to feel good about my team. I wouldn't like to splash the cash simply because I have a healthy bank acc-Richards being the best option, he will also cost a lot.

Might look around for some youngster/regens instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends which version you play, I played the 8.01 version which I got to about season 8, bought Richards on the 2nd season for 35 million. Now its version 8.02 he cost me 64 million.

Might look around for some youngster/regens instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends which version you play, I played the 8.01 version which I got to about season 8, bought Richards on the 2nd season for 35 million. Now its version 8.02 he cost me 64 million. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am on 8.02. If he is gonna cost £64m then am definitely not buying! Nobody is worth that much in my opinion!

Archived