FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Can someone please answer this for me...loads of clubs like Barca and Inter want Pique, i'm very very tempted to sell him, they are offering 14 million for him but I know can get more.

I know he is good and young but he is slow and I want fast defenders, would I be stupid if I sold him or is he worth much much more?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to get 25m for him, but then it depends if your playing him or not.

If you don't want him in your team i'd sell icon_smile.gif

Personally i'd keep him, i love bringing youngsters through and making them first team regulars.

Originally posted by Navie:

I just got Gai Assulin from Barcelona for free...has 6 months left on current Barca contract, he joins me on 1st of July...woohoo and my best scout says he has potential to be good as Anderson (5 stars) icon_smile.gif

Assulin is really good.

I play him on the wings as I have enough AMCs. He does all 3 AM positions well and now Barca have enquired about him icon_biggrin.gif

On a different note, almost sold Pique to Juve for 15m+40m after 1 internation app. But Juve didn't have enough money!

Now Gill has accepted a ludicrous offer of 20.5+20% from Spurs!!!! grrr

Gael Etock is joining me too from Barca just like Assulin and out of coincidence David Gill has accepted a 10.75 million bid from Barca for Pique icon_frown.gif , the offer was too good to turn down...when clubs were offering me 14.75 million. I hope this gets sorted for next FM game because Pique is worth wel more. Also would like if they sorted how clubs make bids for your players and then they get unhappy, you should be able to make it private so the player doesn't know about it until you accept an offer like in real life, speculation is another thing like in the tabloids.

Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

Have any of you got a good player by offering a free transfer/0 money?

Do u mean like at the end of the player's contract?

I got Marchiosio and Gio Dos Santos. Almoost got Flamini. Sold Marchiosio for 15m, though I bet I could have got more. Gill just accepted the offer.

Got Aquino from some club and sold him for 3m+1m+50%.

Got Zaccardo and Sisi. Sold Zaccardo for 10m+10m+50%.Sisi could get any suitors, sold for around 3m.

On 8.01 I got VDV and Bojan among my notable free transfers.

Gael Etock is joining me too from Barca just like Assulin and out of coincidence David Gill has accepted a 10.75 million bid from Barca for Pique icon_frown.gif , the offer was too good to turn down...when clubs were offering me 14.75 million. I hope this gets sorted for next FM game because Pique is worth wel more. Also would like if they sorted how clubs make bids for your players and then they get unhappy, you should be able to make it private so the player doesn't know about it until you accept an offer like in real life, speculation is another thing like in the tabloids.

Exactly! I really can't see SAF or Gill as a matter of fact, in real life, allowing a player to leave for less than is possible.

That has been a low point of my transfer window.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Exactly! I really can't see SAF or Gill as a matter of fact, in real life, allowing a player to leave for less than is possible.

That has been a low point of my transfer window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah and isn't Gill a business man? It would be more sensible to keep him than sell in the long run, even if Pique doesn't join a team Gill will still accept offers from other clubs, he wouldn't intefere in trnsfer dealings in real life...very annoyed.

Can anyone advise me whether Everton's Vaughan is worth it? My scouts say he is not far from being better than Tevez-If so, who of Rossi, Rooney, Carlos Tevez, Alex Tex and Anderson, do I sell? I also have Saivet, Banuanotte(sp), Baxter and Gio Dos Santos who can play in the 3 positions available up front!(2 AMC with farrows behind a lone FC)

I've just finished my last game of the 3rd season.

Won the Premier League again

Won the FA Cup for the 1st time

Lost on penalties in the Champions Cup Final against Olympiokos

Was hoping it would be a treble but its very sad to lose the Champions Cup final icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by ausmichaelz:

I'm sure the Vidic corner settings have been posted a page or two back.

Vidic - Challenge GK

Ferdinand - Attack Near Post

Tevez - Attack Far Post

Brown - Attack from deep

Ronaldo - Attack from deep

Rooney - Outside of box

Scholes - Outside of box

Make your best Corner taker as your Corner taker which in this case is Giggs.

Set Corner settings to 6 Yard Box in Team Instructions for both sides.

Vidic scores hattricks.

Oh my word! This is spot on, just implemented these corner tactics and Vidic scored 4 goals in the match!! Quality corner tactics!

Originally posted by Mikey 123:

Anyone managed to get messi and how did you do that?

Bojan and dos santos too

Do you have to win cups or something and the offers you offered to them.

I can get messi on my can because he has release clause of 43.5 million and is interested to join me, don't know if he is worth it though because scout says he is fairly susceptible to injuries and I play a flat 5 in midfield and he is not natural to any position for the formation I play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey 123:

Anyone managed to get messi and how did you do that?

Bojan and dos santos too

Do you have to win cups or something and the offers you offered to them.

I can get messi on my can because he has release clause of 43.5 million and is interested to join me, don't know if he is worth it though because scout says he is fairly susceptible to injuries and I play a flat 5 in midfield and he is not natural to any position for the formation I play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got leo messi for that same amount on my 3rd season. tbh, he was quite disappointing - only produced a mudane 7 on average... and as navie said, didn't really fit into the squad. (shockingly)

btw, i need to ask this question - Micah Richards or Daniel Alves ? for right back.

hmm... thanks guys...

well, I have a 20M offer for richards turned down, while a 16.5M offer accepted for alves... while I tried buying Ramos for 30M awhile back and got rejected... But I've played richards in the past and he's been simple awesome on the full or centre back... just don't know if I wana try something new =/

on another note; is Martins any good on this game? i need a fast striker to replace saha who mostly spends his time with the physiotherapists

I bought Richards for 64 million, was money well spent, I play him at right back and centre back to mark the fast strikers, if you want Alves or Richards get richards because he can play centre back and how many centre backs are as fast as him with his arial ability?

fmsquadin0.th.png

Hey that's my squad end of second season. I haven't downloaded any patches or anything and was wondering how you guys think I could improve my squad. I play 4 at the back, with Hargreaves DM, Carrick and Anderson CM, Rooney AML, Ronaldo AMR and normally Tevez up front, although Huntelaar starts some games as does Nani. I have won prem title twice (narrowly), won league cup once, runners up once in cl and once fa cup semis.

I have had an offer of 19.5 accepted for Joao Moutinho.

Shall I sign him? Where should I look to strengthen? Also any tips on selling players?

Cheers

Ok I need some advice here, I need a really excellent goalkeeper, Petr Chech wants to come to me and he is going to cost £65 million + 50% sell on clause but i'm not going to sell him, they wanted £81 million for him so I thought i'd put in 50% sell on clause to lower initial price.

Is £65 million worth it for a goalkeeper, he is a quiality player and his description says World Class goalkeeper?

Originally posted by stegga:

fmsquadin0.th.png

Hey that's my squad end of second season. I haven't downloaded any patches or anything and was wondering how you guys think I could improve my squad. I play 4 at the back, with Hargreaves DM, Carrick and Anderson CM, Rooney AML, Ronaldo AMR and normally Tevez up front, although Huntelaar starts some games as does Nani. I have won prem title twice (narrowly), won league cup once, runners up once in cl and once fa cup semis.

I have had an offer of 19.5 accepted for Joao Moutinho.

Shall I sign him? Where should I look to strengthen? Also any tips on selling players?

Cheers

If your just finished the 2nd season Scholes, Giggs are no good, get rid of them, look like you need a really good left winger as Rooney isn't natural in that position, Ji sung is for backup.

You may need a better keeper later but I recommend strengthening your midfield because it lacks class except Ronaldo, try selling Carrick...he ain't that good, Hargreaves is good defensively but not offensive, so a central midfielder is a must buy.

If your using 1 striker then you don't need to buy any srtikers but Saha should be sold ASAP to get money when you can.

Defence is good at the moment, make sure you have replacement for Ferdinand, keep hold of Jonathan Evans and Pique is excellent also in the future from reserves.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Rooney has done really well for me at AML, and the way we play it is more of an attacking trio at AML, AMR and ST, but I'll look into it.

Any suggestions for cm and aml? Is Moutinho good enough? What about Javi Martinez?

Unfortunately my chairman sold Pique to Inter for 7 mil icon_frown.gif.

Any tips on selling players?

Cheers for your help

I don't have tips on selling players but I can tell you how to keep your players happy and not sell them. Ok lets say Ronaldo is wanted by Inter and Barca or whatever club and they make a bid for Ronaldo but you don't want to sell him. You don't want to unsettle him by rejecting their offers, especially the ones they set a deadline to, so what do you do? You click on view offer and ask for say 100 million or somthing silly like that, as long as you think the pther party will not agree to it. Now when you do that and the other party reject your price nothing will happen because...it shows you haven't rejected the offer they made, it also shows that the other party aren't willing to agree to the price therfore the player will not get affected.

I have Javi Martinez in my game and he is a 'Midfield Playmaker'...he is pretty good but i'm playing the 8.02 patch, I think his stats are very similar to the other versions, I bought him for 25.5 million which is very cheap for a player like him.

For a midfielder left, go for Guardado who is available at the end of 1st season for cheap, Matiaz Fernandez does excellent in that positon also even though he ain't natural to the position...only accomplished, Babel may be another option but not sure how good he can get. Silva is another winger who is upto Ronaldo's standard if you have the cash to buy him...I highly recommend him. Alessandro Rosina is good too but develops good at age 24-26. Frank Ribery is another excellent option is he ain't already been snapped up.

Yeah the chairman sold my Pique too which was very annoying.

Btw you should build your midfield around Ronaldo, Anderson and Hargreaves.

Does anyone know how I can EDIT my post? A message comes up saying I need permission.

You cant at the moment, only moderators of the forum have that right.

Originally posted by Rico73:

Has anyone else had difficulty getting the best out of Tevez? He just doesn't seem to get going for me. He'll have one good game and then 3 or 4 average then a couple of bad games.

If yr on 8.02, sort yr tactics out. Tevez is quality. He might not score so much in my game as he plays behind Rooney, but he links up play really well.

Originally posted by pele10:

why sell Rossi, Rooney, Carlos Tevez,and Anderson.. unless you are far into the game icon_confused.gif

Am not really far into the game. Only started my 3rd season now but Vaughan is priced at £12.5m,which is very good for a ST who my scout says can be better than Tevez! Considering that Rossi cost me £21-22m, I think thats a wonderful price.

Any suggestions plz?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rico73:

Has anyone else had difficulty getting the best out of Tevez? He just doesn't seem to get going for me. He'll have one good game and then 3 or 4 average then a couple of bad games.

If yr on 8.02, sort yr tactics out. Tevez is quality. He might not score so much in my game as he plays behind Rooney, but he links up play really well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did i come across as a bit rude there....

Sorry if thats the case! icon_smile.gif

1st season

signed no one

loaned bojan ( class act )

sold no one

community shield lost on pens to chelsea

league cup won 2-1 vs liverpool

fa cup won 1-0 vs everton

champ league semi final lost to arsenal 5-4

league won only lost 2 games away to derby 1st game of the season and away to A.villa last game of the season..

great start time for the re-build

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rico73:

If yr on 8.02, sort yr tactics out. Tevez is quality. He might not score so much in my game as he plays behind Rooney, but he links up play really well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did i come across as a bit rude there....

Sorry if thats the case! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a fan of Tevez (in the game of cuz', I adore him irl), doesn't figure in my plans... but it's just cuz' i play with one striker and tevez just doesn't evencome close to displacing rooney in that role.

and yes, @Rico73 - i find tevez really hard to rely on when you really need a goal sometimes (note "sometimes")

Check this out, Guarado in my game is supposed to be better than Ronaldo, on Ronaldo it says Explosive winger as description but look what it says on Guardado's, he has just turned 24.

guardado1du2.jpg

By seals at 2008-04-10

guardado2rf4.jpg

By seals at 2008-04-10

Love your skin/background images etc etc any chance you can post a link?

That Guardado picture is part of the game and is already there, the skin i'm using is called 'Flex' but i'm not really sure which version of the skin it is, think its one of the first versions, the background is part of the skin.

This skin is a updated version of the flex one and I think its much better looking, the person who made flex did not make this but all tabs etc are in same place but with a grey tone green colour than a full green one, its called 'dDs2.1'

matrinezah3.jpg

By seals at 2008-04-10

Originally posted by adonis:

My next 2 games:

04102008193546kq7.th.jpg

How are you managing to win by that many goals? Is that how much you normally score? Would like to know what tactics you use icon_smile.gif, I have same goalkeeper as you Llonis...he is brill!

04102008193626ly6.th.jpg

30 goals in my last 6 games..fukin unbelievable!! Will be off to the Club World Cup soon, hopefully more goals to come. Teamtalks are working a treat players being inspired left, right and centre.

Originally posted by adonis:

My next 2 games:

04102008193546kq7.th.jpg

04102008193626ly6.th.jpg

30 goals in my last 6 games..fukin unbelievable!! Will be off to the Club World Cup soon, hopefully more goals to come. Teamtalks are working a treat players being inspired left, right and centre.

How are you managing to win by that many goals? Is that how much you normally score? Would like to know what tactics you use , I have same goalkeeper as you Llonis...he is brill!

Posted wrong in last post, sorry.

Archived