FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lloris is my 2nd gk Akinfeev is the 1st choice very reliable.

My coach says the squad is willing to die for eachother, and that is what I am seeing on the pitch. All my players are determined and that is one stat I look for in players, if they don't have it then i get them to be tutored by someone who has.

It's a 4-1-2-2-1 single tactic plus a defend version to close out games. You can find it at fmbritain site called b00gy, I tested it for the creator garyh.

Also I know how my players react from teamtalks so I know what will get them motivated and that player usually goes onto score later on in the match. 7 star training helps and also rotating your players. I use 2 teams one for the league and the other for the cup/european game until around Feburary when I only rotate 2/3 players at most for a game.

edit: Just beat Galatasaray 4-1 at home in final group game.

just won the league in my 2nd season with 5 games to go, so i put ny fringe players in to give them a run out...

lost away to portsmouth 7-2 ben foster only had 8 shots to save... never mind

fulham next away lost 4-3 foster this time only had 5 shots to save... up for sale now

Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Just started a new game with United. Anyone got tips on new players or good up and coming youngsters?

Cheers in advance

Get Steven Defour, on my game 8.02 he is brilliant! Also get Guardado at end of season 1 when transfer window opens, play Nani and he will attract attention from big clubs and you can sell him for over 15 million, he will also improve.

Originally posted by adonis:

My coach says the squad is willing to die for eachother, and that is what I am seeing on the pitch. All my players are determined and that is one stat I look for in players, if they don't have it then i get them to be tutored by someone who has.

It's a 4-1-2-2-1 single tactic plus a defend version to close out games. You can find it at fmbritain site called b00gy, I tested it for the creator garyh.

Also I know how my players react from teamtalks so I know what will get them motivated and that player usually goes onto score later on in the match. 7 star training helps and also rotating your players. I use 2 teams one for the league and the other for the cup/european game until around Feburary when I only rotate 2/3 players at most for a game.

So you can train players to become determined?...didn't know that. But I thought if 2 players have different personalities and one learns of the other and the other teaches then it a clash of personalities occurs and then both players will get upset and the one who is learning does not learn anything?

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Just started a new game with United. Anyone got tips on new players or good up and coming youngsters?

Cheers in advance

Get Steven Defour, on my game 8.02 he is brilliant! Also get Guardado at end of season 1 when transfer window opens, play Nani and he will attract attention from big clubs and you can sell him for over 15 million, he will also improve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why sell Nani he's class icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

So you can train players to become determined?...didn't know that. But I thought if 2 players have different personalities and one learns of the other and the other teaches then it a clash of personalities occurs and then both players will get upset and the one who is learning does not learn anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can tutor your youngsters to raise there determination stat not train.

What you shouldn't do is for the tutor to have a lower determination stat than the pupil, then there will be a clash. Personalities can cause a clash as well but nothing to serious, for eg Dani Alves has been upset that the youngster who he was trying to tutor him didn't like him. Now he don't like the youngster, has a major concern but hasn't stopped him playing well.

Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Cheers in advance

Get Steven Defour, on my game 8.02 he is brilliant! Also get Guardado at end of season 1 when transfer window opens, play Nani and he will attract attention from big clubs and you can sell him for over 15 million, he will also improve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why sell Nani he's class icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nani is really good but I feel that in my game I can get better wingers

Navie how do you put big pics on the forum?

I use image shack, once you upload your image...on the right handside on the image you should have very small icons. The top icon is called 'Share', click that and copy the text in the top box and paste it in here, that text represents your picture, make sure to keep it separate from your writing in your message. Let me know if you have any problems.

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

So you can train players to become determined?...didn't know that. But I thought if 2 players have different personalities and one learns of the other and the other teaches then it a clash of personalities occurs and then both players will get upset and the one who is learning does not learn anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can tutor your youngsters to raise there determination stat not train.

What you shouldn't do is for the tutor to have a lower determination stat than the pupil, then there will be a clash. Personalities can cause a clash as well but nothing to serious, for eg Dani Alves has been upset that the youngster who he was trying to tutor him didn't like him. Now he don't like the youngster, has a major concern but hasn't stopped him playing well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I will try that, I will only do it with the youngsters that have 4 stars potential or more, thanks. Hope it works.

that pic was 1st season i had him on loan

he was class

I see it now haha...I was thinking...how the heck did this guy get him and i'm finding it 110% impossible even though I can get a offer accepted by Barcelona, I love his stats and his personality, scout says...'his driven personality compliments his game superbly', its just what I need, he is my most wanted player at the moment :O

My mate just signed him in 2010 for spurs, although he came 3rd in World club champs.

I got bored of United, even though i support them, always go into massive debt/administration end of 2nd season.

Last time I played as United the Glazers accepted 25mill bids for Cristano Ronaldo from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Playing as Spurs currently myself now

Originally posted by Chasjs:

My mate just signed him in 2010 for spurs, although he came 3rd in World club champs.

I got bored of United, even though i support them, always go into massive debt/administration end of 2nd season.

Last time I played as United the Glazers accepted 25mill bids for Cristano Ronaldo from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Playing as Spurs currently myself now

strange... we have a lot of debt but if you win things money aint a problem

I won the premiership, in midweek went into administration before the FA cup final. Still won it. But Glazers then accepted £25mill bids from Arsenal and Chelsea and he signed a contract with Arsenal.I then beat Liverpool in the Champions league final.

oh well onto season 2

players in

Aguero fc 31m

Akinfeev gk 20m

Rafinha dr 10.75m

Balotelli sc 4.5m

and loads of youth players

players out

Kuszcak 6.25m

Fletcher 8m

Evra 14.25m icon_mad.gif i think i spent to much money and the board wanted some cash

sold loads of reserves

league won easy 5 games left

fa cup lost in the eary rounds playing my youth team icon_eek.gif

league cup won 3-1 liverpool

champions league won 2-0 vs chelsea ( here's hoping icon_biggrin.gif )

community shield lost to arsenal on pens

not to bad 6 trophies in 2 years

Pele10 what version are you playing? I'm playing 8.02 with January update database, i'm on my 4th season now, won Premier league every year, won FA cup last season and lost the Champions League final last season aswell to penalty shootout...still need to win Champions League icon_frown.gif . You shouldn't spend all your money at once, I learn't my lesson, maybe you went for glory and lost your players, I have £69 million left to spend this season, bought Lloris (GK) for 20 million and a regen goalkeeper from Barcelona who has potential to be as good as Lloris for 3 million, got Gael Etock and Assulin from Barca for free aswell icon_biggrin.gif

Wow Evra should not have been sold but there are loads and loads of fast left backs.

i'm playing 8.02 with jan update my money is fine mate.. remember i didn't sign anyone in season one and in season two i bought 13 players for 69m and sold 53 players for 39.5m

just signed

henry 4m

Ramos 34.5m

Kroos 16.5m

still got over 60m in the bank icon_cool.gif

i'm playing 8.02 with jan update my money is fine mate.. remember i didn't sign anyone in season one and in season two i bought 13 players for 69m and sold 53 players for 39.5m

just signed

henry 4m

Ramos 34.5m

Kroos 16.5m

I think I might have a better deal than your henry's 4M offer...

Sheva's on sale for 85k on my game. lol.

I really want Ramos too

me too... he has a release clause of 33.5M... but I just bought Micah Richards for 35M... I have 40M left in the bank, not sure if I should break the bank trying to sign Silva (I sold Nani for 23M - was thinking to replace Nani with Silva who's much better in the game imo) or just build an impregnable defense with Richards, Rio, Evra, Vidic, Bales, Pique, Sakho and adding Ramos to the addition.

59 players? That is a heck of alot of players. I really want Ramos too

i just got rid of all the poor reserve and youth players that i didnt rate

Originally posted by Kongming:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

just signed

henry 4m

Ramos 34.5m

Kroos 16.5m

Sheva's on sale for 85k on my game. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you get him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kongming:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

just signed

henry 4m

Ramos 34.5m

Kroos 16.5m

Sheva's on sale for 85k on my game. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you get him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They accepted my bid... but sheva's asking for 85k per month. lol. Well... Im placing 20k per month with a "backup" tag slapped to him - just waiting to see if he accepts or not

Originally posted by Kongming:

As I expected - too good to be true; Sheva turned down my contracts. icon_frown.gif

Just not ready to make him "first team" - or lie to him for this matter icon_wink.gif

I take back what I said - Sheva just signed for me for just 85k! I had decided to raise his contract offer to "rotation" at 50k per week... It's alittle too much for my tastes, but I'd really wana have a taste of what Sheva can do icon_cool.gif

Great thread everyone.

I'm just about to start to start my 2nd season with United and I'm loving it.

First season I sold Fletch and Silvestre and bought in Eduardo, an 18yo CB from Brazil for £3m and he's going to be awesome and is already fringe 1st team and a WK. I won the league, League Cup and lost in the final of the CL to Inter after losing Rooney to injury the day before the final. Also bought the usual youngsters (Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare, Wijnaldum, Bostock, Baxter...) for £0 + sell on %, completely overhauled coaches & scouts and got 3 feeders including finance ones from Japan and USA.

In the summer I sold a lot including Foster, Kusczcak, Saha, Park. I wanted a new GK, RB, FC, MC/AMC, AML, AMR and back up DMC. Here's what I ended up with:

GK: Akinfeev, for up to £22m. I overpaid but I really needed him. Lloris would have cost even more by the looks of it and Ochoa was only rated 3* by my scouts. Couldn't seem to get any sniff of Neuer either. Also got Olazabal from Barca for £2.5m for the future, as my scouts rated him and loaned to him Sheff United (feeder club).

RB: Scouted everyone and the only 4* were Alves, Rafinha and Gunter (spurs). Clubs were not interested in business except Spurs but ended overpaying again at about £10m + Wijnaldum (and then had to give another £1.5m to his old club) but he'll eventually make the slot his own for a long time I hope.

DMC: Decided to give Harg another year and hold off on getting Veloso, so I got Sunny for £4.5m and Gosling from Everton for £2.5m. Both I think have very bright futures.

MC/AMC: Got Kroos for £5m. Younger and more raw than I wanted but thought it could be a long-term bargain. He's not a million miles away from the first team but signing him meant I needed another AMC for this season.

AMR: Got Navas from Sevilla for £11.5m. Not had him before in any game but he looks great in preseason and I think he'll be good.

AMLC: Mihelic for £5m+ A lot of money but I had him on loan for last season and his stats are very good. Will be very good backup to Nani.

FC: Got Pandev for £14m. Agreed fee for Rossi but he wanted £105k pw, with Rooney and Tevez scoring over 25 each last season in rotation (I play 1 up front) it wasn't worth it. Pandev started well getting a hattrick on his friendly debut.

AMC: After the above I only had £2.5m left to spend (with a healthy bank balance well above that) so I nearly jumped off my chair when Roma listed Matias Fernandez for loan. I snapped him up quickly and I think he'll be great.

What are your opinions of all that business?

Found 4 regens I'm quite excited about, a french GK and striker who have superb stats for 15 year olds and a couple promoted from my academy who if I can't develop then I must be rubbish. The best is a left back is called Lee Lee.

Looking fwd to Arsenal away in game 2 of the season, shame I've got Eduardo, Anderson, Nani and Ronaldo at the Olympics.

Hey all,

I promised a Season 1 report a few pages back, and here it is. The season went extremely well, probably the best first season I've ever had at a club.

Honours

Barclays Premier League - Won with 5 games to go, losing only one game all season. City kept on winning also, but bottled it towards the end of season and finished in 3rd, allowing Chelsea to grab 2nd.

UEFA Champions League - Just battered everyone, including Real Madrid, Ajax and Liverpool in the knockout rounds. Then beat Porto (who managed to sneak past Barca 1-0 on aggregate in the semi's) in the final 1-0.

The FA Cup - Again I demolished everyone on the run to the final, then beat an ultra-defensive Chelsea by penalties, after they'd managed to counter attack and grab a goal to make it 1-1 in normal time.

The English League Cup (aka The Mickey Mouse Cup) - I fielded my youngsters in this competition each time, and they certainly did me proud, beating all other teams, and winning 2-1 in the final against a strong Aston Villa side.

So, to recap, a fecking quadruple!! icon_cool.gif To say the least, the board were rather happy. I was very pleased with little amount of goals conceded and the amount that we scored. Goals came from all over the field, and Ronaldo lived up to his real life self by netting 28. The board changed hands about halfway through the season, we went through financial turmoil during December and January, and I was expecting the worst (Administration, deduction of points etc) until Martin Edwards stepped in, taking over the club from David Gill. He took us out of debt, and gave me a nice transfer budget for the new season.

The New Season...

After this great season had come to an end, I knew that although the squad had achieved absolute perfection in the last season, there were area's in the team that had little depth, and the legends (Giggs, Scholes, VDS) were getting too old, and wouldnt be able to keep up next season. I think that Neville will be the only legend that keeps playing for me in this new season. So, in the preseason, I've set about finding some new young boys that can be eased into the squad. There was also some dead wood that I was looking to get rid of to make space. Martin Edwards kindly gave me £46m to work with, and hefty wage budget as well.

My Signings

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Name of Player - Price Paid - Info

Javier Saviola - £3.1m - A snip at that price, he'd fallen out of favour at Real. Good backup imo.

Christian Zaccardo - Free - Again, great back up, got him on a free after his contract ran out.

Hugo Lloris - £13m - Great keeper, will slot right into the first team for the coming season.

Andre-Pierre Gignac - £8m - Young, strong, pacey, aerial threat. Everything you want in a striker. **** Drogba, this guy is the shizzle.

</pre>

I also got some youth that scouts recommended after I sent them out.

And I Sold...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Name of Player - Sold for - Info

Tomasz Kuzszcak - £3.4m - Didnt impress too much last season, and I can use Foster as backup.

Darren Flecther - £4.3m - Sad to see him go, as I like him irl, but I didnt need him.

Chris Eagles - Free - :mad: I guess it'll teach me to check my reserve's contracts.

</pre>

A few of my best youths went out on loan to Gretna (feeder club) as well, to see if they can help them survive the SPL for a second season, or even push for Europe seeing they are brilliant players I sent out there tbh icon_cool.gif

Well thats all, bring on the new season, I'm hoping to at least keep the treble this season, dont really mind about the League Cup. Of course, I'm not expecting the same sort of success I had last time, with just one loss (after I'd already won the title) and very few conceded, because that was just unbelievable. Although, if Chelsea and City play like they did last season, then I dont think I can afford to lose more than 3 games tbh. Anyway, I'll probs be back when I reach January. icon_smile.gif

P.S. England were knocked out of Euro Championships in the quarters, by penalties against Portugal again. Funny how that happens in both real life, and in FM. Portugal then went on to win the whole thing, beating Spain 1-0 in the final. VIVA RONALDO! icon_cool.gif Capello was sacked for a poor performance, and I was hired. I organised my first International game to be against Croatia in September, to see if I can do what McClaren couldnt. icon_biggrin.gif

Going back to the previous few posts about Guardado v Ronaldo...Am getting extremely frustrated with Ronaldo who has a poor crossing ratio and very few assist.

Given that I have Gio Dos Santos, Lullinha and Assulin who can play in that position, am thinking about selling him-there really is no point in having a winger who crosses the ball poorly!

Adonis...how do u know what individual message u give yr players?

I either got for 'have faith' or sometimes 'can make the difference'. I believe its not best suited to all the players, so how do u know what to say?

Also, Fabio...how good does he get? Wondering whether to sell or not?

Lastly, tutoring:I usually have the tutor preset in the 'player interraction' window. So how can u choose a different tutor?

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Going back to the previous few posts about Guardado v Ronaldo...Am getting extremely frustrated with Ronaldo who has a poor crossing ratio and very few assist.

Given that I have Gio Dos Santos, Lullinha and Assulin who can play in that position, am thinking about selling him-there really is no point in having a winger who crosses the ball poorly!

he makes a great fc mate if you re train him

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Adonis...how do u know what individual message u give yr players?

I either got for 'have faith' or sometimes 'can make the difference'. I believe its not best suited to all the players, so how do u know what to say?

Also, Fabio...how good does he get? Wondering whether to sell or not?

Lastly, tutoring:I usually have the tutor preset in the 'player interraction' window. So how can u choose a different tutor?

When you go to the player interaction page, at the bottom of the screen you'll see the name of the player you is set as the tutor. Click on the name and a list of players will pop up.

Archived