FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pele10:

in season 3 and i'm getting fed up with rooney and tevez they are both missing loads of chances

Lower their CF then. That'll stop them trying to do too much with the ball, and instead they'll just hit it when the opportunity is there - resulting in more converted chances.

can anyone recomend me a backup for ferdinand hes getting old now and pique is to slow so does anyone know of a young fast reliable centre back. and does everyone have the same problem with pique he allways want to be allowed to leave but when i offer him to clubs hes angry cause he thought he was an important part of the team.

Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

Adonis...how do u know what individual message u give yr players?

I either got for 'have faith' or sometimes 'can make the difference'. I believe its not best suited to all the players, so how do u know what to say?

Also, Fabio...how good does he get? Wondering whether to sell or not?

Lastly, tutoring:I usually have the tutor preset in the 'player interraction' window. So how can u choose a different tutor?

When you go to the player interaction page, at the bottom of the screen you'll see the name of the player you is set as the tutor. Click on the name and a list of players will pop up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnnnn! I never noticed that even though I have been playing for so long!

Thanks a lot!!!

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

Adonis...how do u know what individual message u give yr players?

I either got for 'have faith' or sometimes 'can make the difference'. I believe its not best suited to all the players, so how do u know what to say?

Also, Fabio...how good does he get? Wondering whether to sell or not?

Lastly, tutoring:I usually have the tutor preset in the 'player interraction' window. So how can u choose a different tutor?

When you go to the player interaction page, at the bottom of the screen you'll see the name of the player you is set as the tutor. Click on the name and a list of players will pop up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnnnn! I never noticed that even though I have been playing for so long!

Thanks a lot!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasjs:

He is unsellable, i just let him leave usually

Actually play Eagles a few games and u shud b able to sell him fairly easily. I believe I sold him for 5 or 7.5m,+50%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big problem with this being he is rubbish and therefore you don't want to play him anyway unless it's the league cup.

Originally posted by Chasjs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasjs:

He is unsellable, i just let him leave usually

Actually play Eagles a few games and u shud b able to sell him fairly easily. I believe I sold him for 5 or 7.5m,+50%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big problem with this being he is rubbish and therefore you don't want to play him anyway unless it's the league cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on what stage of the game u r, u shud be able to find a place for him in some game or another. maybe bring him on after building a comfortable lead. or friendlies. or even start against the weaker opponents. he was as good/bad as Park in my game!

Another trick that might work; If you have already started the season but still have time before the end of the transfer period, take control of the reserves and play him there. maybe that could generate some interest. make sure he is 'not needed by club' and you offer him for £0 first.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

in season 3 and i'm getting fed up with rooney and tevez they are both missing loads of chances

Lower their CF then. That'll stop them trying to do too much with the ball, and instead they'll just hit it when the opportunity is there - resulting in more converted chances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to have the same problem BUT its only against teams who I am expected to beat very comfortably, I have so many chances but no goals.

By the way what is CF?

Okay, season 1 overwith after losing my last save. Won the Premier League, Champions League(Chelsea - 3-0 win), FA Cup(Arsenal - 1-0 win), League Cup(West Ham - 2-1 win) and Community Shield(Chelsea - 5-4 on pens). Though the Premier League took till the end of the season game against Liverpool 3-1.

Players Bought -

Rafael van der Vaart - £10.25 mil

Levan Kenia - £1.6 mil

Vincent Enyeama - £1.5 mil (already worth £4.6 mil after being sent out on loan)

Rene Mihelic - £

Georginio Wijnaldum - £600k

John Fleck - £600k

Mamadou Sakho - £575k

Henri Saivet - £525k

John Bostock - £475k

Younousse Sankhare - £50k

Brian Sarmiento - Free

Players Sold -

Michael Carrick - £9.75 mil (could of got more but oh well, never liked him)

Tom Cleverly - £75k

Other Youths Sacked

Future Transfers and Dates -

Lulinha - £5.5mil - 1.7.08

Jean-Charles Blaudet - £50k - 1.7.08

Florian Pintaux - £50k - 1.7.08

Yessu Cabrera - £170k - 1.1.09

Nicolas Millan - £300k - 1.1.10

Petri Pasanen - Free - 1.7.08

Crstian Zaccardo - Free - 1.7.08

Team and Tactics -

I usually play a 4-1-2-1-1 formation which works amazingly well. With VDS in net and a back four of Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and O'Shea (with Pique playing over 30 games in the season and the full backs with arrows to WBL/R), I thought it better to go and upgrade my strike force for the season. I got VDV as I don't rate Anderson as good enough, retraining him to be a back-up AMR as Nani played AML for most of the season. I had Hargreaves in DMC for most of the season, sometimes putting in Fletcher but in a MC role. Ronaldo obviously played on the right, MR, with an arrow to AMC and Nani the same but on the left, ML. VDV played in the AMC position with an arrow to CF, and finally Rooney played up front with Tevez with arrows to the wings.

This was a quite successful tactic considering I won everything I could. My team scored over 140 goals and only conceded around 40 in all competitions.

Areas for Improvement and Future Buys -

I need a RB as Gary Neville is too old and I don't rate Brown, Simpson or O'Shea as good enough to play there, though Simpson is a good back-up. I need another Striker or two as I'm selling Saha and that will leave me with only 2 strikers (3 including Manucho). Also, I'm looking for a back-up DMC and back up LB, AML, AMR and GK.

GK -

I'll be selling Kuszczak and Foster in the summer as neither is good enough for my team. VDS will stay for tutoring purposes. I'll obviously sign Akinfeev and maybe Lloris or Ustari as a back-up, keeping Enyeama as a good Reserve keeper as during my season both Kuszczak and VDS got injured leaving me to play Ron Robert-Zieler for two games as Foster was still injured.

Budget on Keepers - £25 mil.

RB -

This will most likely be Rafinha or Sergio Ramos. I rate these quite high and with Alves already 26, I think I'll get more for my money from either of these two.

Budget on RB - £35 mil.

LB -

This is a tricky one as on my last save I used Marcelo as a back-up LB and AML but people seem to be critisising him lately so I'll look around. As I only need a back-up I don't need to spend much and with Sakho a promising youth, someone cheap and experianced will do.

Budget on LB - £7.5 mil.

DMC -

Ever Banega. He was my back-up DMC on my last save so I may well buy him again just to back up Hargreaves as he was solid all season for me and I trust him greatly to defend in front of the back four. If I can't get Banega for below £10 mil, I may go for Veloso as he's better and only a few million more.

Budget on DMC - £10-12 mil.

AML/AMR -

Matias Fernandez is someone I want as my new AML, with Nani becoming the back-up to both AML and AMR. I think I could get him for around £25 mil but if I can't then I'll go for maybe Guardado who's around £24 mil and still good on the left.

Budget on AML/AMR - £25 mil.

ST -

Guiseppe Rossi, Sergio Aguero. These are my two top transfer targets as I really need a striker. I ended up playing John Fleck and Henri Saivet for some games in the season as Tevez was injured for the last 3 months and Saha was rubbish.

Budget on ST - £50 mil.

Overall Needed to Fund Budget - £152.5-£154.5 million.

I know this seems alot, but with me winning every competition and the fact I have about £40-50 million worth of players to sell I think I can raise this type of money.

All-in-all, a great season, and with the right money I can buy all the players I want.

Mooono.

Originally posted by antero3000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> By the way what is CF?

Creativity Freedom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anyone know how lowering a strikers creative freedom makes them have a more chance to shoot at goal and score more?

I'm looking for an excellent central midfielder with technique, passing, decisions, composure and first touch 15 or over. There are about 5 that I want, but mainly want John Obi Mikel because of his age and he has the best of the 5 stats above and his tackling is good too, how much would you pay for him? I have a £40 million bid rejected for him so far, i'm thinking he may cost over £60 million

season 3 09/10

players in

Kroos 16.5m

Ramos 34.5m

Quaresma 20m

henry 4m

players out

£15m on reserves and youth players no major sales

tough season this on the team just didn't play well in the league but great in the cups. at one point i was 11pts behind Arsenal but my strikers found form in the second half of the season to pip them by 3 points.

community shield won 4-0 vs wigan

league won arsenal a close second

euro super cup won 2-1 vs shakhtar

world club cup won 5-0 vs seongnam

fa cup won 3-0 vs reading

champions league won 3-1 vs inter

roll on season 4

Originally posted by Navie:

I'm looking for an excellent central midfielder with technique, passing, decisions, composure and first touch 15 or over. There are about 5 that I want, but mainly want John Obi Mikel because of his age and he has the best of the 5 stats above and his tackling is good too, how much would you pay for him? I have a £40 million bid rejected for him so far, i'm thinking he may cost over £60 million

£60m for Mikel!!!! forget it...

I bet u Sankhare could do as good a job. If u still have Carrick, keep him and train a youngster.

Originally posted by Navie:

What about Michael Johnson? Can get him for £14.5 million

What formation do u play? At 14.5m we r getting a bit more reasonable. If its burning yr pockets, get Jonhson.

R u sure u need re-enforcement though? Are the games ahead too tough for the remainder of the squad? Couldn't you play an AMC and a DM instead?

There are various combinations...

What I don't like is to have a player that will not feature in my plans, i.e I have my untouchables-1st team, and my promising players-2nd team, that plays easier games. Anyone that doesn't fit into my ship is flogged off.

If you don't mind that then fair enough! How long are your players out for? and who do u have in yr squad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

What about Michael Johnson? Can get him for £14.5 million

What formation do u play? At 14.5m we r getting a bit more reasonable. If its burning yr pockets, get Jonhson.

R u sure u need re-enforcement though? Are the games ahead too tough for the remainder of the squad? Couldn't you play an AMC and a DM instead?

There are various combinations...

What I don't like is to have a player that will not feature in my plans, i.e I have my untouchables-1st team, and my promising players-2nd team, that plays easier games. Anyone that doesn't fit into my ship is flogged off.

If you don't mind that then fair enough! How long are your players out for? and who do u have in yr squad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 5 main midfielders, 2 normal midfilders, 2 attacking and 1 defensive but I play all in centre so Johnson is okay I guess.

January transfer window of 2nd season. Joaquin and Vicente are both transfer listed. icon_rolleyes.gif

Joaquin - £13m

Vicente - £9.75m

Should I get them to rotate with Ronaldo and Nani? I'm still waiting to get Silva in 3rd season when he's gonna sign a new contract.

I have £21 million to spend, but can't find a good third striker. Aguero slipped through my fingers even though I offered him £120k a week against Inters £110k a week.

I'm looking at Soldado, Briand, Amauri and Rossi may cost me £20mil plus Enyeama.

Any ideas on who I could sign?

Possibly two would be great.

i've got Quaresma and he wants to leave he will be 28 soon and was bought for cover but he's been class so do i....

sell to chelsea £41m all cash( they came 2nd to me in the league) or

sell to inter for 12.5m 15m over 24 months + 40%

i want chelsea's money but i will make them a better team

See this formation below, Chelsea use this in the game alot...

F F

AM

M M

DF

D D D D

GK

...i've edited the ablove formation and come up with the following 3 formations to use

F F

AM

AML M M AMR

D D D

GK

F F

AM

AML M AMR

DM

D D D

GK

F F

AM

AML AMR

DM DM

D D D

GK

I want a tactic that dominates every other tactic but guess for every tactic there is...there is at least one tactic that will take advantage of that tactic. I bet that defence is solid, don't know about Rafina though.

season 4 10/11

transfers in

Veloso 30m

Richards 39m

transfers out

carrick 7.25m

rio free

park free

saha free

manucho free

the league was very easy under no pressure at all icon_wink.gif won by 11 pts and scored 102 goals icon_biggrin.gif

league cup won 2-0 arsenal

euro super cup won 4-0 roma

world club cup w 4-0 cruzeiro

community shield won on pens vs arsenal

fa cup went out early again ( will put that right this season)

the future...

not looking on bringing any major signings this season, got a few youth players that should break into the 1st team

I have £21 million to spend, but can't find a good third striker. Aguero slipped through my fingers even though I offered him £120k a week against Inters £110k a week.

I'm looking at Soldado, Briand, Amauri and Rossi may cost me £20mil plus Enyeama.

Cass. try and sign bojan on loan for cover for tevez and rooney and send your scouts out to find good young players

just get your backroom staff sorted training sorted and you tactics sorted and you will do well in season one, untill the money comes in

Originally posted by Mooono:

could you try and loan one striker and sign a big named player with the rest of your money?

what season you in?

2008/09. My team currently is:

Akinfeev

Ramos, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra

Hargreaves

Lulinha, Ronaldo

Van Der Vaart

Rooney Tevez

Subs

Enyeama, Pique, Fletcher, Fleck, Anderson, Zaccardo, Simpson

I'll have about £32mil as I'm selling Brown for £11mil, and Saha for £6mil.

I have offered £20mil for Amauri, £13mil for Briand, £23mil and Enyeama for Rossi, £10.25 for Soldado(accepted) and £8mil for Balotelli.

These good offers? And I may be able to get Saviola for £2.5mil

Archived