FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Happy : New 124,675 seater stadium being built and named after me Smile

so whats the new stadium called? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoobridge Park ... bit lame compared to Old Trafford icon_razz.gif

xx11.How did you manage to get the new stadium?My capacity is 100k and been winning.Kept asking the board to expand but the answer is no.I'm in the year 2011 now.

ANd how much did the new stadium cost you?is it loan or from your balance sheet.thanx

First season has come and gone. Won the League Cup, EPL, and CL. Beat Chelsea 6 times icon_cool.gif

Inter made a bid for Nani (45 mill + 30%). Was thinking about activating Messi's release clause. Any advice on a other AML to share time with/replace Giggs for 2nd season and beyond. Thanks.

Originally posted by azri1986:

xx11.How did you manage to get the new stadium?My capacity is 100k and been winning.Kept asking the board to expand but the answer is no.I'm in the year 2011 now.

ANd how much did the new stadium cost you?is it loan or from your balance sheet.thanx

I just won a fair bit and was at 100k for many season, getting close to maximum capacity every game.

On top of that I had a high bank balance from my transfer dealings. Sell for big money and only purchase in what is necessary. Mainly just use the youth I got in the first season mixed with the original players and some free transfers.

The finances for the stadium.

Cost: £564m

Sale of OT: £335m

Cash: £231m

Who's a better Goalie for me to buy, January season 2: Lloris, Akinfeev or Neuer. Their all rated 4 stars by my scout and have similar attributes. Price doesn't matter I have £50m+ to spend.

Also is Ben Arfa any good as a second striker, EG Tevez role to play Backup for Aguero??

Cheers

Originally posted by mattskelding:

If you could post/email me a link for those tactics mate would be much appreciated! icon14.gif

Sorry it took awhile, but here are the links. Hopefully they will work for you. Only difference between the two 4-2-2-2 are basically the farrows so just putting the one up

4-2-2-2

http://rapidshare.com/files/108000032/4-2-3-1__Man_Utd_...c.html]4-2-3-1[/url]

In my first season with United and haven't lost for 30 matches. My last loss was away to Birmingham of all teams. Right now I'm the middle of playing Liverpool three times in a single week.

Beat them at home 3-0 for the ECC and it should have been more. Sissoko was sent off in the 59th, and Gerrard in the 90th so I'm in great shape for the away leg. In the 82nd minute they injured Wazza, who's now out for the rest of the year icon_frown.gif

Then I just played them in the semi-final of the FA Cup and handily beat them 4-1 with a hat trick from Ronaldo in the first 16 minutes. This lead to their manager to be sacked. They're now on their THIRD manager of the season. In the late part of this game they injured Tevez for three weeks, leaving me with only one out and out striker (Saha) for the away leg of the ECC with Briand ineligible. I'm probably going to have to start Torje up front...

Hoping I can finish the sweep of in the away leg.

Line-up goes like(when healthy)

VDS

Rafinha - Brown - Ferdinand - Evra

Nani - Hargreaves - Anderson

Ronaldo

Tevez Rooney

Bench:

Enyeama

Foster

Breno

Pique

Marcelo

Neville

Scholes

Carrick

Torje

Mihelic

Stancu(on loan at Sunderland)

Banega

Fletcher

Rhys Murphy

Saha

Briand

Retrained Ronaldo as an AMC and he's absolutely fantastic there. He's able to run the show and score plenty of goals. Right now I'm at the beginning of April and he has 28 goals, despite missing a month and a half. I don't rely on one prolific goal scorer, and instead have a very spread out list of scorers, which is probably because of the fact I like to rotate alot..

Hey guys.

I've just completed a very successful third season, winning a glorious treble icon_biggrin.gif!, with Henri Saivet scoring an injury time winner against R. Madrid in the ECC final.

Just wondering where you think I could strengthen my squad and also whether it's time to start giving players like Saivet and Sakho (who are developing very well) a regular starting place.

Also, wondered has Sakho got a free kick stat of 18 on anyone else's game? He scored a few on loan at Reading and 2 for me in about 8 games.

Cheers fellas.

Originally posted by pele10:

lol nice one how's ronaldo legend doing?

what setting you using?

3 8's so far

Beat Chelsea 3-0 in CS

Won on first 2 Premier League games so far 2-0 and 3-0, thats all I have played so far hehe, been on forums also icon_biggrin.gif

This formation is better than my 4-5-1 because I couldn't score goals easy on that, I try to play short style as much as I can.

My central defenders close down only in own area, forward do forward runs often, tempo 1 or 2 notches below normal, defensive line 1 motch below normal, mentality is 1st notch when reaching attacking. Creative freedom is ike 3-5 notches below normal for whole team.

I may be just about to make a few people very jealous...

I have managed to sign Bojan on a free transfer icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif!

As I only play 1 at front and already have Rooney, Saivet, Tevez and Huntelaar I didn't really need him, but on a free, who could resist?

I plan to sell Tevez and use the money on strengthening my team elsewhere, perhaps try to sign an unsettled Essien or break the bank on Fabregas.

Originally posted by stegga:

I may be just about to make a few people very jealous...

I have managed to sign Bojan on a free transfer icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif!

As I only play 1 at front and already have Rooney, Saivet, Tevez and Huntelaar I didn't really need him, but on a free, who could resist?

I plan to sell Tevez and use the money on strengthening my team elsewhere, perhaps try to sign an unsettled Essien or break the bank on Fabregas.

I believe Fabregas is one of the best 3 players in the game, he can cost anything from £70 million to over £100 million but well worth it for a truly great midfield.

Originally posted by stegga:

Which other really top-notch CMs or DMs could you recommend? And I mean like Rooney, Ronaldo standard.

Also suggestions for a LB to replace/challenge Evra.

Guilherme is excellent, has potential to be just a bit better than evra, I had him before and cost me around £18 million

Originally posted by Navie:

I only found out the other day when watching the Barcelona CL match how to pronounce Bojan's name when the commentatory said Bo-han, I thought Bojan was pronounced like it says as Bo-Jan, Bo-han sounds homo.

In fairness, I've heard different commentators pronounce it in about 3 or 4 variations, including Bo-Jan. Others include Boh-han. I think its a bit of a mystery.

Is Guilherme the Brazilian at Werder Bremen, because my scout reckons he would be the 4th best left back at the club, only decent for PL sides and I wouldn't be able to get a work permit...

Archived