FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Okay, start of season two and I'm annoyed greatly. Offered Rossi £120,000-a-week wages but he went with Juventus's £76,000-a-week wages. Offered Aguero £120,000-a-week wages but he chose Inter's £100,000-a-week wages. Both said they liked to come play for Man Utd so this just got me majorly annoyed.

I bought Soldado for £10.25m and Briand for £10.5m as I wanted them as back-ups if I didn't get Aguero or Briand.

My question is; Is there another World Class striker apart from Aguero or Rossi?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K.Benzema, will be 60m+ though and thats if he's interested.

Bojan will be almost impossible to sign.

A.Pato from Milan is a possiblity, again if he's intrested.

Adebayor, but he would cost you 100m i expect as he's at Arsenal.

D.Berbatov could be quality for a few years.

Originally posted by Scott08:

K.Benzema, will be 60m+ though and thats if he's interested.

Bojan will be almost impossible to sign.

A.Pato from Milan is a possiblity, again if he's intrested.

Adebayor, but he would cost you 100m i expect as he's at Arsenal.

D.Berbatov could be quality for a few years.

Well, thankfully Enyeama decided to stay when £20mil was accepted by board.

Benzema - Double Berbatov's expected price but I'll look at him next season.

Bojan - Waiting for next season to sign him.

Berbatov - Bit costly at about £30mil.

Adebayor - Never. I will never sign him. I dont like him IRL and dont like him in game.

Pato - Trying to get on Loan for 12 months. Get him interested.

How would you all rate Brind and Soldado on 8.0.2? Soldado looks a really good back-up but Briand I think I made a mistake on.

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

Prefered move mate. its annoying when they do. they just shoot all you can do is set long shots to little or something

I'm p***** off because I have to start all over again after all the hard work, do you strikers do that alot? My team haven't been scoring properly for the last 5-6 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Navie try team talks....

pre match if they havn't scored in there last match say you expect a performance

pre match if they have scored in the last match say you have faith

half time if they haven't scored say you have faith

half time and they have scored say you have faith

full time rating 8+ say fantastic

if a striker hasn't scored in his last 2 games drop him

if a striker got two 6 match ratings tell the press your upset at xxxxx form

hope this helps

Originally posted by Mooono:

How would you all rate Brind and Soldado on 8.0.2? Soldado looks a really good back-up but Briand I think I made a mistake on.

Briand is half-decent for 2 seasons then in his third or fourth season with the proper training he becomes as good as in 8.0.1

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Cheers Scott, shouldn't need to bring in anyone major then, youngsters should be fine.

Yep. All i did on my 8.02 save was bring in Bojan on loan to cover upfront. Saha's injury prone but did well when fit, so you could use an extra man upfront as Wellbeck is too young and Dong isn't good enough.

Apart from that your strong everywhere. Silvestre, Park and Dong can be sold if you want to get a bit of money. Park sometimes wont get intrest until January due to his injury.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

I'm trying with Lansbury but Arsenal are ****ing about asking for a fair bit but will defo get him, Wilshere I wasn't sure on, some games is top calss and others no more than average, is he one with a random PA?

That should of been Wilshere that I'm bidding for.

just started a new man utd game, my first ever man utd game infact. playing well but just not getting best results, or luck. Rooney and ronaldo are out for 2 months.

i have signed =

piatti

kromkamp

stancu

henrik larsson

aaron ramsey (very good youngster)

sold =

NONE

lost on penalties to chelsea in community shield

WON 2-0 againsted pompey

DREW 1-1 againsted derby???!!!???

WON 4-0 againsted birmingham

thanks any advice???

Just finished the first season playing as Real but noticed that SAF is managing Inter now. Has been there since April 2008. I find that hilarous.

The current United manager is Brian McClair (United coach).

Originally posted by manutdman666:

Anyone got any tips on how to flog eagles for a couple of mill at season start?

Not tried sellinh him but this usully works..

Put on transfer list, squad status to not needed, asking price £0.

After a few days there should be teams interested in him, then offer him for (say his value is £3m) £2.5m upfront + £2.5m over 12 months/after x apps.

Usually works if not try reducing the upfront amount slightly then offering again, if still nothing try sending him on loan til January then when he come's back, having played games, try again.

Originally posted by dexta200:

does it matter that im losing money? would be gaining 1/2/3m a month if it wasnt for these interest payments but because of them my bank balance is in the red. what should i do?

not to much mate

when i start a new game i sell most of the reserves

only buy young/youth players

try and keep the 12m

you must win a major trophy or your budgets will be tight again for the next season

okay mate cheers well ive spent all my money. my balance is hovering around the -1m to +1m atm 1.63m should be okay then. i just qualified from my CL group icon_smile.gif

and 2nd in prem due to arsenal not losing! i am unbeaten too just i have drawn one more game! liking it so far though. ive sold a fair few reserves

have you ever been able to sell scholes and giggs? or are you a united fan and dont due to them being legends lol?

Originally posted by dexta200:

okay mate cheers well ive spent all my money. my balance is hovering around the -1m to +1m atm 1.63m should be okay then. i just qualified from my CL group icon_smile.gif

and 2nd in prem due to arsenal not losing! i am unbeaten too just i have drawn one more game! liking it so far though. ive sold a fair few reserves

have you ever been able to sell scholes and giggs? or are you a united fan and dont due to them being legends lol?

your balance will be very poor after champ league games have finished. yoou might start losing 4-6m a month

i've never been able to give scholes or giggs away nevermind getting some money for them.

United fan mate (isn't everyone icon_wink.gif)

haha no im a chelsea fan :p quite bad that im enjoying this game lol.

but even as a chelsea fan i sell lampard.

i guess they will just rot in the reserves then.

arsenal still not lost and just knocked me out of quater final of League cup 4-3!! at their place! so annoying i keepconceding when at the start i never did!

Originally posted by manutdman666:

Anyone got any tips on how to flog eagles for a couple of mill at season start?

Okay, a few weeks ago I thought he was unsellable. I started a new game though and decided to see if he is decent cover, see if he can earn a new contract. I still transfer listed him though. He started 1 of my premiership games and came on as a sub for a bit in the other games that month. Just before the deadline shut I noticed a few interested clubs so i offered him to them for about 1.5milion. I got a bid, accepted it and he left.

Conclusion : He is ACTUALLY sellable.

I am going to start by saying that I am no way good enough to play this game, I freely admit that. That being said, I am giving it a try. I just started my first game using the Red Devils and I am in need of serious advice.

Im playing a 4-2-4 formation with both wingers in attack mode. So my first question is, what do I do about my players?? With having a $10 transfer budget, I know Im limited on what can be done. That being said, I did make three buys:

AM - Matias Fernandez for a little under $9 mil

CB - Mamadou Sakho

AM - Saivet

Here is how my lineup looks:

GK - Edwin Van Der Sar

DR - Wes Brown

DL - Patrice Evra

DC - Rio Ferdinand

DC - Nemanja Vidic

MC - Anderson

MC - Michael Carrick

AMR - Cristiano Ronaldo

AML - Matias Fernandez

FC - Carlos Teves

FC - Wayne Rooney

Bench - Kuszczak, O'Shea, Pique, Giggs, Nani

I wasnt too crazy about the depth of my main squad but I had hope. Now after 2 games, my hope is being shaken. I lost to Chelsea 1 - 0 in the Community Shield and I lost 2 - 0 to West Ham away. What really concerns me now is not my depth but Keeper in Van Der Sar. The goals seemed to be weak efforts.

I know its only 2 games in but should I worry about Van Der Sar?? So any advice on player moves would be appreciated

I also took a close look at the my coaches and scouts. The coaches were not what I would expect of Man Utd and as far as the scouts go, well at least I have a LOT of them (lol)

So anyway, I am looking for advice from those that have been successful on what moves I need to make. I hope that the 2 games arent a sign of things to come or its going to be a longggggg season icon_razz.gif

Pele10 haven't been on here for over a day, yeah will remember them teamtalks you said, also you listed your formation...I use that but my 'team settings' are way different than yours, will try them hopefully it will be better.

FINALLY!

After one hell of a up-and-down season, we've hit awesome form.

My first season with United, and at the start of the season, all I had was 10m to spend on players, so I bought Zapater snd Barzagli, as well as a couple of young players.

2 weeks in to the season: Giggs, Ronaldo, Gary Neville, Wes Brown and more were injured. Unfortunately, United have an aweful short amount of depth, Right back being worse for wear after selling Simpson (For a cool 5 million).

Now I've gone on and beaten Chelsea 1-0 at home and Arsenal 2-1 at home *With 10 men after 20 minutes), and won 8 games in a row in all competitions.

Things are looking up...

Im in my 2nd season with United. Made two signings in the first season and another two in the second. All have been a success.

First season, i won the League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League. In the 2nd season ive won the Super cup and world championship. Im currently 2 points clear at the top of the league with 4 games to go and waiting to play the FA Cup final.

So why is it that media reports are appearing stating that i may not be offered a new contract?? Has this happened to anybody else despite achieving a lot? Will this mean for sure i'll be out of the job come summer.

Steve Bruce is 'hot favourite' with the bookies.

Hey huys,,

how do you stabilize the bank balance..

i recently started a game having played for 2 seasons

in these 2 seasons my net buying was about 10 million , without much wage boost to the players

But i started to worry about the finance department of the club

i have a loss of 1-4 million per month although already linked to 2 merchandising clubs

how can i do??

MiguelSanchez86: happened to me too. from experience, its nothing to worry. i worn everything i could and they said i might not be awarded a new contract. media ********.

nigelwg1: just keep winning and you be fine!

i won the league in the first year and seems likely to win the second one with a few games left

but the 5m bank interest and the 2m tax per month seems still quite hard to handle @@

i think i will try selling a few reserve players when the transfer window starts

Another question

Do u guys think Forster as united class goalkeeper?

I fielded him in most matches during the second season

Although not conceding much (19in 31matches)

he quite often concede early goals especially at the oppenent's first attempt

Archived