FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by nigelwg1:

Another question

Do u guys think Forster as united class goalkeeper?

I fielded him in most matches during the second season

Although not conceding much (19in 31matches)

he quite often concede early goals especially at the oppenent's first attempt

same problem for me, i kept him as back up for 3/4 years. then sold him for 12m

buy Akinfeev

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by nigelwg1:

Another question

Do u guys think Forster as united class goalkeeper?

I fielded him in most matches during the second season

Although not conceding much (19in 31matches)

he quite often concede early goals especially at the oppenent's first attempt

What i tend to do is when i sell my players i take no money upfront and put it all on monthly payments over 24 months.(even if the sell value is as little as 100k)

For example if after your first season and a half or so you have sold let's say simpson,brown,fletcher,saha,gibson,campbell,park,kuszack,possenbon(sp?) and heaton, in total that could bring anywhere up to 40mil upwards. In geting all instalments over 24 months it is ensuring the stabilty of the club. add your gate reciepts,merchandise,season tickets and TV revenue and you should be prety sound for the future even if you don't manage to do too well in your first season. Also make your you continue to sell players in this until your balance reaches 60mil or so.

i am now in my second season and have bought and sold players. i never buy players for too much over 24 month instalments because i don't want to impede what i am gaining from sales too much. i now have 76 mil in the bank and am steadily climbing. (Also ask for more over 24 months than their value if they are top players. i sold carrick to tottenham at the beggining of my current season for 20mil over 24 months and 30% of next sale.he was only valued at 6 mil. i barely used him in first season due to injuries.

Sorry for the long post but yeah i finished my first season winners of the league on 105 points(most points i've ever clocked on any CM/FM game) . arsenal came second on 92.

thanks,, that should be useful

i have just finished the second season

won the premier league by 1 point more than arsenal

and surprisingly won both the champion cup and the fa cup

special to note that forster impressed me in both finals

so i guess i will keep using him for the next season icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Navie:

Seems a bit unrealistic to me unless you have team have really matured, but good job.

agree with you mate thats why i'm playing with a lower league club as well

Originally posted by pele10:

he's a must buy

He wanted £105k a week, which is strictly for my top players, i.e Rooney and Ronaldo. I offered £90k so have to wait and see.

Also trying to get Zapata who moved to Valencia, so he is costing me a fair bit... I need him as a fast defender as I sold Rio.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

he's a must buy

He wanted £105k a week, which is strictly for my top players, i.e Rooney and Ronaldo. I offered £90k so have to wait and see.

Also trying to get Zapata who moved to Valencia, so he is costing me a fair bit... I need him as a fast defender as I sold Rio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about ramos

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

he's a must buy

Also trying to get Zapata who moved to Valencia, so he is costing me a fair bit... I need him as a fast defender as I sold Rio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about ramos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U mean Ramos instead of Zapata?

Zapata was a favorite from 8.01..So ideally i'd like to stick with him. Valencia accepted an offer of £27m but i backed out as I think its excessive.

How much would be reasonable for Zapata? and how much would Ramos cost?

get in just beat Valencia on pens after a 4-4 draw on agg with them! dont think ive ever beaten them in the CL so please with that!

still unbeaten in league just beat chelsea at the bridge 2-1 but arsenal still not losing so 6 points behind them!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

takeover 1st season? ever going to happen?

i dont think so

unless your balance is -20m to -30m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah okay its only -10m but just changes every week lol

Got Richards for 27m and 90k a week...a bit expensive but am gonna have a clear out soon. high on my list are the ST who don't seem to adapt in my team!now for a DM-my current one, Hamzik is a prat. gets injured oftern (though in all fairness, I think thats because am doing sth wrong since my other DM, Sankhare, has the same problem), and often has poor moods-I offered a low collective-we are now in November and he still has poor morale!!! everyone else except for Van Den Borre is ok!

I have been looking at some youngsters;Rafael Carioca from Gremio, Banega or Roberto from Corinthians-My scout, Comolli, says they all have the potential to be better than Hamzik. Veloso is at Magpies so can't go for him.

Any suggestion which of these 3 plz? or anyone else?

Originally posted by rocky0:

I am going to start by saying that I am no way good enough to play this game, I freely admit that. That being said, I am giving it a try. I just started my first game using the Red Devils and I am in need of serious advice.

Im playing a 4-2-4 formation with both wingers in attack mode. So my first question is, what do I do about my players?? With having a $10 transfer budget, I know Im limited on what can be done. That being said, I did make three buys:

AM - Matias Fernandez for a little under $9 mil

CB - Mamadou Sakho

AM - Saivet

Here is how my lineup looks:

GK - Edwin Van Der Sar

DR - Wes Brown

DL - Patrice Evra

DC - Rio Ferdinand

DC - Nemanja Vidic

MC - Anderson

MC - Michael Carrick

AMR - Cristiano Ronaldo

AML - Matias Fernandez

FC - Carlos Teves

FC - Wayne Rooney

Bench - Kuszczak, O'Shea, Pique, Giggs, Nani

I wasnt too crazy about the depth of my main squad but I had hope. Now after 2 games, my hope is being shaken. I lost to Chelsea 1 - 0 in the Community Shield and I lost 2 - 0 to West Ham away. What really concerns me now is not my depth but Keeper in Van Der Sar. The goals seemed to be weak efforts.

I know its only 2 games in but should I worry about Van Der Sar?? So any advice on player moves would be appreciated

I also took a close look at the my coaches and scouts. The coaches were not what I would expect of Man Utd and as far as the scouts go, well at least I have a LOT of them (lol)

So anyway, I am looking for advice from those that have been successful on what moves I need to make. I hope that the 2 games arent a sign of things to come or its going to be a longggggg season icon_razz.gif

VDS is good enough in 1st season. Its only in 2nd season where u need to find better. but the 2nd keeper is not worth it.

The scouting side is up to u. I signed a few while sacking/expired contract, but it doesn't make much of a difference-we know who the stars are and they don't bring young talents to the club as regulations prohibit that (I think). Feels good to have an in depth knowledge tho.

Coaches...I made sure I have the best coaches. Do read the tips on good coaches as you can easily end up with the wrong one.

Tactics....depends what sort of formation you like. Use Pele10's from above. He knows his stuff.

Players...the normal routine,promising youngsters in, and a clearout.

Orignal patch

Fifth Season

Igor akinfeev

Micah richards (45m)

Wesley Brown (Trying to sell)

Jonathan Evans

Craig Cathcart

Gerard Pique

Nemanja Vidic

Rio Ferdinand (Trying to sell)

Michael Johnson(25m)

Michael Woods (25m)

Sam Hewson

Luis Nani

Diego Capel (Free)

Anderson

Aguero (46 buy out clause)

C.Tevez

W.Rooney

Bojan (Free)

C.Ronaldo

L.Messi (42 Buy out clause)

im playing 4-2-3-1 tactic so my attack is awesome no need to change but my defence needs some depth where do i improve , been thinking about buying taiwo and kameni but you got any of ideas ?

Originally posted by dexta200:

ive been taken over? 30th march 2008. Martin Edwards is my new chairman! bet ill get sacked now! has this happened to anyone else?

nice one

what about the debt?

btw i was just going to ask you the same question about the skin it's very good all it needs is an old trafford background :p which i had already done,i think of starting a discusion about the best player you've ever got i'm in my 4th season i boaght all kinds of players like messi he is god matias fernandez aguero bojan breno sakho veloso bale rafinha and so on icon_smile.gif but one player was above all his name is Guilherme brazilian Amc/Fc he scores like crazy all 3 seasons top goalscorer with over 30 goals in premiership he scores every game for my team icon_smile.gif pure class he was the brazil youth captain now he is mine

Originally posted by EpiC2z:

yea same here. united after a few seasons gets boring. you cant stop winning!

off to oxford!

still playing with United but my 2nd team is forest at the mo. trying to get them in the prem before i resign

still got about 80odd million left of my transfer budget for the season, dont know where to spend it though. i bought out messi's release clause...38.5m (i really didnt need him, and he is not doing so well, so might sell him at the end of the season)

See squad pic

IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/lee_kendrick/Untitled.jpg[/img]

i kno i will need a ferdinand replacement soon!

Originally posted by Dempsey:

Going into 2010 soon

AC Milan have just made an offer of 7.25 million over 24 months + 20% next sale + Gareth Bale for Breno

Current got Ramos and Ferdinand , and Collocini

Should i ?

i wouldn't

as i dont rate Bale in the game

plus Breno if i was selling i'd want 40+ million for him

i would bring Breno and Sakho into your 1st team squad, with 7 subs put them on the bench and bring them on when your wining, plus league cup champ league and fa cup play them, then you will see there stats rocket up mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

ive been taken over? 30th march 2008. Martin Edwards is my new chairman! bet ill get sacked now! has this happened to anyone else?

nice one

what about the debt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in finances it says investment 11m so i guess thats the new chairman, my bank balance is 3m but that has also been boosted by getting into the CL semi final and the FA Cup Final. hopefully will be okay now! icon_smile.gif now been taken over dont have to pay off the owners bank loan either so all good! just need to keep my job lol

Originally posted by dexta200:

nice one

what about the debt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in finances it says investment 11m so i guess thats the new chairman, my bank balance is 3m but that has also been boosted by getting into the CL semi final and the FA Cup Final. hopefully will be okay now! icon_smile.gif now been taken over dont have to pay off the owners bank loan either so all good! just need to keep my job lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck mate

cheers mate just wrote out a huge end of season review but clicked off it and took me ages so cant be bothered to do it again but to summerise...

Premiership:

1st Played 38 Won 30 Drawn 8 Lost 0 For 103 Agg 37 Points 98!

great season 2 points ahead of arsenal but was 6 points behind at one point!

FA Cup Final:

Man Utd 4-1 Chelsea (Rooney, Bojan, Ronaldo, Pique)

League Cup:

lost in 4th round to Arsenal 4-3

Community Shield:

Lost on pens to Chelsea.

Champions League!!

Man Utd 3-2 Milan (Rooney, Bojan, Pique (PEN))

WOW What a season!!

already entered the english managers hall of fame at 7th dont think ive ever been in it lool

so thats a nice treble for my 1st season in charge need to top it now with complete dominance! went unbeaten in the league but still think i drew too many! arsenal were close on my tail.

Star Players:

Cristiano Ronaldo 59 Games 30 Goals 21 Assists 7.58 Av R.

Bojan - 29 games 24 Goals 7 Assists 7.24 Av R.

Wayne Rooney - 54 Games 27 Goals 12 Assists 7.31 Av R.

Nemanja Vidic - 56 Games 27 Goals 7.66 Av R.

Alberto Zapater - 52 Games 9 Goals 31 Assists 7.35 Av R.

although everyone played amazing it was particularly pleasing to see those players playing well game in game out!

Current Squad:

GK: Van De Sar/Enyeama/Foster/Kuszczak

DR - Simpson

DL - Evra/Marcelo

DC - Ferdinand/Pique

DC - Vidic/Samba/Sakho

MR - Ronaldo/Kalouda

ML - Nani/Park Ji Sung/Wijnaldum

MC - Zapater/Anderson/Marin

MC - Carrick/Veloso/Hargreaves

FC - Rooney/Tevez

FC - Briand/Saivet

right where do i improve? i have thought about selling...

Hargreaves

Carrick

Samba

Ferdinand

Park Ji Sung

Tevez

how much do you think i could get for them? obviously Tevez and Ferdinand only if i could get a great offer but how much would you settle for?

Archived