FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Just out of interest what happens if you don't win the Premier League in either 1st or 2nd season? Do you get the sack? Because the board say 'The board want the team to win the Premier Division by the end of the two year plan' meaning you only have 2 years to win it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

I've noticed sometimes my team make very silly mistakes, Flether has done it and my defenders have all done it which has gave the opposition chances which is not good, not sure why though.

are you still wining with the silly mistakes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I do win but its on rare occasions. Also check this...I was winning 1-0 against Everton, they scored 2 then I scored 2, then they scored again so final score was 3-3 and I was AWAY, I have conceeded 20 away and 7 at home in 25 games, I have realised that fast defenders do get behind my defence, i'm playing Ferdinand and Vidic in centre, Evra and O'Shea on sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try moving defensive line back a notch or 2 when playing away but don't go below 10 ( middle of the slider)

Just out of interest what happens if you don't win the Premier League in either 1st or 2nd season? Do you get the sack? Because the board say 'The board want the team to win the Premier Division by the end of the two year plan' meaning you only have 2 years to win it.

you might do unless you win some cups mate

I have noticed something very very unusual about the top two teams in the Premier league excluding Man Utd (if you manage Man Utd). Lets say 1 season Arsenal do good...in that season Chelsea are way off points from your team (Man Utd), next season Chelsea might be close to you and Arsenal will be way off pace, why does that happen? Thats is completely stupid because it spoils the game IMO.

How do I find that out? I don't hardly concede at home but its when I play away but I will adjust my defensive line like you said nd see if that improves my defence. So far I haven't lost a game at home but lost twice away.

I have noticed something very very unusual about the top two teams in the Premier league excluding Man Utd (if you manage Man Utd). Lets say 1 season Arsenal do good...in that season Chelsea are way off points from your team (Man Utd), next season Chelsea might be close to you and Arsenal will be way off pace, why does that happen? Thats is completely stupid because it spoils the game IMO.

it's always Arsenal on mine liverpool hover around 3rd-6th chelsea mid table team now icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention something important about my individual settings. Whenever I play any team I mark every striker tighlty so its set to 'Always' but if they are fast I do 'Closing down' as 'Never', if they are very very slow I do 'Always' on closing down and leave it alone if they have like 12-14 pace.

How do I find that out? I don't hardly concede at home but its when I play away but I will adjust my defensive line like you said nd see if that improves my defence. So far I haven't lost a game at home but lost twice away.

on your home page mate

are you on your 2nd season?

Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

it's always Arsenal on mine liverpool hover around 3rd-6th chelsea mid table team now icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, I have a game in hand but i'm 2 points behind them at the moment, so annoying.

I forgot to mention something important about my individual settings. Whenever I play any team I mark every striker tighlty so its set to 'Always' but if they are fast I do 'Closing down' as 'Never', if they are very very slow I do 'Always' on closing down and leave it alone if they have like 12-14 pace.

that might be your problem there mate... your defenders might be running out to close down to soon or a striker is moving and making gaps between your 2 dc's

on your home page mate

are you on your 2nd season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It says 27(0.7), i'm on my 1st season still...I started again remember icon_biggrin.gif

that might be your problem there mate... your defenders might be running out to close down to soon or a striker is moving and making gaps between your 2 dc's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but...if the striker is fast then I don't close down at all, I only tight mark them, I thought that was a good idea to do because I read that somewhere otherwise you leave strikers with alot of space and then they can punish you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

on your home page mate

It says 27(0.7), i'm on my 1st season still...I started again remember icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0.7 is very good mate

tbh i wouldn't worry about your defence with a stat like that

just look out in games when the AI has a lot of possesion you need to up your closing down mate..

the AI like's to just pass the ball around the back 4 and midfield, it won't try and attack you until the last 10 mins of the game

on your home page mate

It says 27(0.7), i'm on my 1st season still...I started again remember icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0.7 is very good mate

just look out in games when the AI has a lot of possesion you need to up your closing down mate..

the AI like's to just pass the ball around the back 4 and midfield, it won't try and attack you until the last 10 mins of the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget I have my normal defence that I put down earlier so it needs building on, I didn't have a clue about that, when should I be worried...if it goes over 1.00? Btw I bought Sakho for 475k icon_biggrin.gif, he is not developed yet though.

Btw i've just checked...everyteam I play against I have more chances than they do, even against Arsenal and Chelsea...even when i'm away I have like 6 or 7 more shots on goal than they do which is great.

on your home page mate

0.7 is very good mate

the AI like's to just pass the ball around the back 4 and midfield, it won't try and attack you until the last 10 mins of the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget I have my normal defence that I put down earlier so it needs building on, I didn't have a clue about that, when should I be worried...if it goes over 1.00? Btw I bought Sakho for 475k icon_biggrin.gif, he is not developed yet though.

Btw i've just checked...everyteam I play against I have more chances than they do, even against Arsenal and Chelsea...even when i'm away I have like 6 or 7 more shots on goal than they do which is great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah a poor defence is +1.00 it's ok if your scoring 3-4 a game but i always look for 0.5-0.9

also look for players getting 6's in case they are having to many shots, 4-5 shots and no goals isn't to good

Just sold Hamzik for 10m+17.5m after 1 international app+50% to Pompey! Paid £12.5 for him in 1st season and am now in 3rd! He is still only 22 but his morale has been poor since I allocated a small collective bonus!!! And the next international is in.... 3 days!!! haha

I supose I could have pushed for more as I had been negociating from a mere 1m up to the price I got. But couldn't b asked with more hassle. But I got Banega for £6m so its a healthy profit overall.

Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

I just started a new game and right now I'm halfway into the season but the finances have hit an all time low of -10M.

Any tips on getting more money?

you got a feeder club?

sell people you don't want

offer new contract to staff and players with less wages and no sign on fee

get taken over with fingers crossed you keep your job

I have like 9 games to go in the Permier league in 1st season and Arsenal are 9 points ahead of me and I have a game in hand, I have basically thrown the title away because 15 games ago I was like 2 points clear, my side are finding it very hard to score at the moment, I have drawn alot of games now.

I have like 9 games to go in the Permier league in 1st season and Arsenal are 9 points ahead of me and I have a game in hand, I have basically thrown the title away because 15 games ago I was like 2 points clear, my side are finding it very hard to score at the moment, I have drawn alot of games now.

Do you play the same team every week or do you change it around a bit?

I've found that I struggle the moment I change the team around by a couple of players or more.

I'm going to try and sell Tevez and Rooney at the end of the season, Rooney hasn't hardly scored many, Ronaldo is my top scorer and he plays on the wing. Going to buy Aguero and Bojan on loan and another striker hopefully.

Originally posted by Dempsey:

Just won the champions league icon_smile.gif

Was loosing 2-0 to chelsea and came back to win 4-2 with Bojan netting a hat trick icon_smile.gif

Also My starting 11 fills the european dream team! hahaha icon_smile.gif

Lucky you, what season was this in?

this is my first ever post lol

im almost at the end of my firat season

4 points clear at the top of prem

won the league cup vs. Arsenal

lost in 5th round of fa cup (away to pompy 1-0, james played a 10)

in quarters of champs league vs. roma

stats.....

played 50

scored 130

conceded 46

top scorer is ibrahimovic with 58 (42 in prem)

rooney has 33 (23 in prem)

Originally posted by Aldur:

stats.....

played 50

scored 130

conceded 46

how did you sign ibrahimovic icon_confused.gif

Lol I think I have to start my season all over again, I accidently quit the game and didn't save it so lost all the matches I played.

That hurts...but gives u a chance for a clean slate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aldur:

stats.....

played 50

scored 130

conceded 46

how did you sign ibrahimovic icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops editor, ignore my post........

Originally posted by Aldur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aldur:

stats.....

played 50

scored 130

conceded 46

oops editor, ignore my post........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you ever feel guilty about cheating? I would

stats.....

played 50

scored 130

conceded 46

oops editor, ignore my post........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you ever feel guilty about cheating? I would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i only added one player, i wanted to see how he does in the prem, and i was pleased with the result, is that such a crime really???? icon_confused.gif

No I don't have anything against anyone who uses the editor or makes modifications. I just feel I wouldn't have the same great feeling if I won't the League or Champions League with taking advantage of the SI database and it wouldn't be a challenge to get all the great players etc.

Is it just me, or United suck really bad in patch 8.0.2? Wtf is wrong? The player stats are simply stupid. Ronaldo seem to be really lame. I checked the players in the scout and they don't develop at all. Rooney's stats are also very low. Anderson and Nani seem to be complete jokes. The other players are very weak too. Only Giggs and Scholes seem fine.

Do they really suck this bad? I am kinda new to this game.

Originally posted by Metacor:

Is it just me, or United suck really bad in patch 8.0.2? Wtf is wrong? The player stats are simply stupid. Ronaldo seem to be really lame. I checked the players in the scout and they don't develop at all. Rooney's stats are also very low. Anderson and Nani seem to be complete jokes. The other players are very weak too. Only Giggs and Scholes seem fine.

Its pretty hard to win the league with them too, even after you get all the best players its still very hard.

Originally posted by Metacor:

i think you haev the wrong tactic i managed to get 1st season unbeaten and win prem CL and FA cup. and im not usually good with big clubs!

anderson and nani are 2 of the best players you have! ronaldo is immense and giggs and scholes went straight into reserves with me hate those guys.

try pele's formation a few pages back mate.

Archived