FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Navie:

Ok i'm going to start a new game, this is who i'm going to buy...

Defour, Sakho, Sankhere, Saviet, Fleck, Bojan (loan), Nafouneso.

Anyone else think I should buy anyone else at the start of 1st season?

for my sidekalouda and Zapater have been brilliant!other than them i would say no.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anderson has been my best and also my most consistant player so far in my first season with United. Nani is also great.

If anything, I'd like to offload Scholes as he doesn't do much for the team. Ronaldo has been injured alot for me and now in January '08, he's scored 7 goals in 14 games. Not bad considering how poor his fitness has been so far.

scholes and giggs im not sure how too sell. been listed and offered to clubs since start of the game with no offers. cannot wait until them and neville are gone! im a chelsea fan so i dislike all the old ones. never really rated them tbh bring on the likes of nani anderson and ronaldo thats who make you want to watch united unless they play barca.

i just finished my 3rd season

with another treble season

rooney never let me down in finals and foster also performs well

i'm looking to offload kuszczak in the near future as he really annoys me urging for first team football( note that i already played him for more than 20 matches this season)

Any recommendation for a backup goalkepper anyone??

My finance is perfect with a hefty budget of 150m but i will still prefer to spend less than 20m

Another thing, how do u guys treat scholes giggs and neville?

They are not good enough for the first team after the second year so i send them to the reserve, is that cruel?

Originally posted by nigelwg1:

i'm looking to offload kuszczak in the near future as he really annoys me urging for first team football( note that i already played him for more than 20 matches this season)

My finance is perfect with a hefty budget of 150m but i will still prefer to spend less than 20m

They are not good enough for the first team after the second year so i send them to the reserve, is that cruel?

Cruel? Maybe. Neccessary? For sure.

How about Enyeama or Lloris? Both are great keepers. Enyema may end up being quite cheap too if he hasn't been snapped up.

Ustari has a release clause of 4.1 million and is good for backup.

Failing that you can't go wrong with Enyeama if you can get him

Ok i'm going to start a new game, this is who i'm going to buy...

Defour, Sakho, Sankhere, Saviet, Fleck, Bojan (loan), Nafouneso.

Anyone else think I should buy anyone else at the start of 1st season?

how bout aquino from murcia.... gets really good

can somebody please tell me about their experience of a new stadium what balance should i have to build a new stadium i'm now in 2012 year 100 k stadium won everything have a great squad but the board do not wish to expand the stadium even if my average attendance is 99 9... icon_smile.gif 10x in advance

Originally posted by Buhala:

can somebody please tell me about their experience of a new stadium what balance should i have to build a new stadium i'm now in 2012 year 100 k stadium won everything have a great squad but the board do not wish to expand the stadium even if my average attendance is 99 9... icon_smile.gif 10x in advance

i'm in 2016/17 £458m in the bank sell out most game's still no new Stadium icon_frown.gif

See if you can buy kroos, anything within your budget is a no brainer, Thiago usually turns into n exceptonal player and for no compensation you can't go wrong, wijhesum or whatever he's called from Feyenord usually comes good aswell.

You can also get some youngesters from Arsenal on a free aswell

Reading the last bit of this post...i'm starting a new game, I put Scholes in my reserves straight away because he is so slow and lacks physical and doesn't last long in matches, is that a good idea not to use him in my 1st team at all? I use Giggs until January of 1st season till I get Park Ji Sung back then put Giggs in reserves and don't play him again either, wrong or right? Maybe that is why I never win anything in my 1st season, I can win premiership but its very very hard on 1st season.

I just finished my first season with the Red Devils. It was a shaky start but it turned out pretty well I think, especially for my first try with them.

The highlights:

Cristiano Ronaldo -

60 Apps, 33 Gls, 15 Asts, 16 MoM

Wayne Rooney -

57 Apps, 39 Gls, 14 Asts, 13 MoM

Carlos Tevez -

52 Apps, 15 Gls, 14 Asts, 3 MoM

I was VERY lucky with injuries. Longest injury I had was Carrick for 1 month I think and that was it.

Team Stats -

Played 66 games - Won 46, Drew 15, Lost 5

Scored 140 goals, conceded 36

Won the League Cup and the Premier League, beat Arsenal by 5 points

I lost in the FA Cup final and the Champions League Final to Arsenal icon_mad.gif

I only signed 2 major players:

GK Hugo Lloris - 34 Apps, 14 Conc, 23 Cln

AM Matias Fernandez - 32 Apps, 6 Gls, 13 Asts

I had a terrible run to open the season with only 1 draw in my first 5 games. I brought in Lloris and the rest, as they say, is history icon_biggrin.gif

I closed out the season with a run of 41 games without a defeat.

I was just given $70 mil for transfers, whatever do I do?? (LOL)

Time to see what I can do now with season 2

Also at start of 8.02 Neville is injured and I never use him once in my 1st team, I always release him at end of 1st season.

wow i never release these old players

i don't use them but after their contract ends i play them wage monthly till they retire

i'm in 2010 and my balance is 180 m with a 100000 seated stadium

I'm currently top of the league with Man City 2 points away..week 13.

I use a rotation system for every player

FC: Aguero-Rooney

FC: Adebayor-Huntelaar/Owen

AM: Silva-Fernandez

ML: Aaritalo-Guardado

MR: Ronaldo-Dos santos(on loan atm)

MC: Carrick-Hagreaves-Sub in Javi Martinez

DL: Traore- Evra

DC: Pique- Evans- Breno(loan atm)

DC: Barzagali- Ferdinand

DR: Daniels Alves..lot of playin time =)

GK: Ustari- Akinfeev(when he comes in december)

With this rotation system, i might not get a player that gets a lot of goals, but my players get enough playing time and dont complain, they also have time to rest. For big matches like finals i pick the best, but for regular matches i switch every other match..Only players who havent scored a goal yet are Guardado, Traore, Evra, Carrick and Ferdinand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buhala:

i'm in 2010 and my balance is 180 m with a 100000 seated stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 282M balance and 99212 stadium seats in 2010

Also at start of 8.02 Neville is injured and I never use him once in my 1st team, I always release him at end of 1st season.

u should truly use them more in the first season

although scholes is slow, his accurate will help the team when they face the weaker teams

moreover giggs is not as bad as real life so he is still a better player than park

i never used gary neither, brown slot in well in the first season and i bought ryan taylor in the second season who is terrific

its annoying that he still hasnt been called up for the england squad

I got the stadium announcement on 17 June 2012. I believe I had approximately £500million in the bank and was selling out my stadium in almost every game.

Took about a year to build the new stadium, currently playing the first season of having it but taking a slight break. On being completed it is 124675 seater stadium.

I have finally started my man utd game on patch 802.

ins:

veloso 10m

sakho 600,000

winjldum 600,000

bojan loan

marcelo 5.5m

outs:

fletcher 6m

carrick 9m

silvestre 1.9m

my starting 11 is basically the same as fergies. I am targeting moutinho alves and a tall cf who is good in the air as utd dont have anyone really of that stature.

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buhala:

I got the stadium announcement on 17 June 2012. I believe I had approximately £500million in the bank and was selling out my stadium in almost every game.

Took about a year to build the new stadium, currently playing the first season of having it but taking a slight break. On being completed it is 124675 seater stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so fingers crossed i might get my new stadium soon

Originally posted by ronaldo175:

Can you guys who have managed United for a good few seasons tell me if any of the reserves or U18's at the beginning of the game have the ability to make it into the first team?

Making up part the first team, but not necessary a regular start are the following.

Simpson

Fabio

Jonny Evans

Pique

Gibson

Foster is easy first teamer (but i sold him now)

Robert Brady may be in the future, still not quite there in 2013.

Reserves/U18 playing at other prem clubs now:

Brandy - west ham

welbeck - portsmouth

benzerga - west ham

campbell - Norwich (sold to them when in prem)

eagles - leeds (they in prem)

there bound to be more, but they are some of the ones i spotted on a quick look. I track my players after I sold them, but still need to update with the past season or 2 worth.

Originally posted by ronaldo175:

Can you guys who have managed United for a good few seasons tell me if any of the reserves or U18's at the beginning of the game have the ability to make it into the first team?

foster and pique can easily adapt it in the first year

they should be world class level in the 3rd or forth year

evans i think is still not very reliable, although with not much mistake, i don't know why its hard for him to get rating 8 in a game

brandy and welbeck are two promising kids, try farm them out in the third year and they should prove useful in the forth year

fabio i don't rate him much as his tackling is awful while robert brady i think i need to access him more in the near future

Ok guys, I need some feedback from the regular posters on this please and everyone else can reply also.

I am going to start a new game with Man Utd and i'm thinking of using Kimz tactics that are posted in the 'Tactics & Training Tips' forum.

Now I only want to use this tactic because I know its very succussful and also its really fun to use, would it be cheating if I used this formation or am I just being silly? I know this tactic can be very effective by buying the correct players for each position so that is something I will have to do.

Posted 27 April 2008 01:45 Hide PostReply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Ok guys, I need some feedback from the regular posters on this please and everyone else can reply also.

I am going to start a new game with Man Utd and i'm thinking of using Kimz tactics that are posted in the 'Tactics & Training Tips' forum.

Now I only want to use this tactic because I kno

why don't you modify and create a tactic by yourself which suit u most

Originally posted by SneakyDave:

Start of second season, just been offered 7m pounds and a 30% sell on for Foster. That would leave me with VDS and Enyeama.

Still... There's plenty of targets.

So, deal or no deal?

You can get twice that over 24 months so no deal.

Start of second season, just been offered 7m pounds and a 30% sell on for Foster. That would leave me with VDS and Enyeama.

Still... There's plenty of targets.

So, deal or no deal?

I sold Foster to Roma for 30m pounds.But not all in cash.I think is 10m cash and 20m twelve month installment.

Right, now time to update you all on how I'm doing. Here's my starting eleven that won me the Premiership:

GK: Van Der Sar

LB: Evra

RB: Hargreaves

CB: Vidic

CB: Barzagli

LM: Nani

RM: Ronaldo

CM: Zapater

AM: Anderson

AM: Moutinho

ST: Rooney

SUBS: Kuszczack, Pique, Scholes, Wijnaldum, Pizarro.

I was clearly lacking up front, and Giggs would have been in the first team, but after he came back from the first long-term injury, he got a series of niggling injuries, leading to another 5 month injury. He only played a handful of games.

SUMMER SIGNINGS: (In pounds)

Enyeama - 1.8m

Saviola - 8m

Kazenga LuaLua - Free

Alves - 26m

Adriano (The Inter one) - 11m

Barnes - 5.5m

I've cleared alot of the fat from my Reserves, leaving me with some notable youngsters and quality players including Enyeama, Kalouda, Wijnaldum (Teams interested include Chelsea, Liverpool and Barca), Giggs, Buonanotte and Stancu. I hope to loan alot of them out to steady them for the future.

So any thoughts on strengths and weaknesses on my team?

How could it all go so wrong? Damn that David Gill. After me trying my best to keep things low and nurture talent he has to screw me over.

Over my head he accepts offers for Pique, Anderson and Nani. Pique is now in Italy for 9m (!), Anderson is at Real Madrid for 30m + 25% sell on and Nani (PRAISE JESUS) snubbed Lyon's offer (30m).

Right so now I'm without two key players in Anderson and Pique. I'm looking at Vidal and Miguel Veloso, any ideas on a midfielder? Also any experiences with either of my future prospects Veloso and Vidal?

Originally posted by SneakyDave:

How could it all go so wrong? Damn that David Gill. After me trying my best to keep things low and nurture talent he has to screw me over.

Over my head he accepts offers for Pique, Anderson and Nani. Pique is now in Italy for 9m (!), Anderson is at Real Madrid for 30m + 25% sell on and Nani (PRAISE JESUS) snubbed Lyon's offer (30m).

Right so now I'm without two key players in Anderson and Pique. I'm looking at Vidal and Miguel Veloso, any ideas on a midfielder? Also any experiences with either of my future prospects Veloso and Vidal?

Ok it a bit late now, but if offers are accepted by chairman you can prevent them leaving one of two ways.

1) Offer a new contract

or

2) Go to transfer tab, and click on the accept offer. You then should be able to select "reject offer" on the bottom right area of the screen. (this can be done anytime before the player accepts a contract)

Originally posted by xx11:

Ok it a bit late now, but if offers are accepted by chairman you can prevent them leaving one of two ways.

1) Offer a new contract

or

2) Go to transfer tab, and click on the accept offer. You then should be able to select "reject offer" on the bottom right area of the screen. (this can be done anytime before the player accepts a contract)

Thanks, good to know for future screwings!

Any ideas so for a good midfielder? Preferably left sided, possibly able for centre midfield too. Got 39m to spend, but I'd still like a bit to spare.

Archived