FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchy:

What's the minimum fitness rating that people would pick players with? I normally won't pick anyone with less than 90%, but prefer them to be above 95%.

I'm playing online with a mate and he just picks anyone who aren't injured - so picks people in 70% or so ratings.

Its not recommended to pick players around the 70% fitness. I have 2 teams, so can afford to rest some players. But if u have a small squad and can not afford to rest key players then pick those around the 90% mark, preferably above 95%. 70% is not good enough as they will be completely exhausted come the 2nd half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's what I thought. Doesn't seem to do my mate any harm though!

Originally posted by ssaun is cool:

I'm starting to get slightly irritated with my board now. We've had several successful seasons which has accumulated to a healthy bank balance of £144m. However, they seem to have decided they have a better idea about players than I do.. It all started in the 08/09 season originally, but, I didn't mind at this point, Kuszczak to Villa for £8m, meh good price, but this was quickly followed by Evra going to Inter for just £22.5m (after board intervention of course) which was slightly irritating. After this, in January, Tevez wanted to leave after falling out with someone. Real Madrid enquired and I said I wanted £25m, which they said no to. A week later they offered £16.75m and the board decided it was "too good to turn down". Then came th 2009/2010 season which had another tragedy. By best young star Wijnaldum sold to Tottenham, yes Tottenham, for £8m without a % sell on fee! The only consolation for this was that so far its been a bad move for him. Now in my currnt 2010/11 season they sold my young £8m rated left back Erminio Rullo for £6.25, with nothing else! icon_mad.gif

Has anyone else had trouble with the Utd board?

They've onle done that to me once - which was for Pique.

You can go into the transfer centre and cancel the deal though. Do it as soon as the board accepts the offer, but you can cancel right up until the deal gets confirmed.

Originally posted by Crozzizzle:

Oh dear, made them too small and apparently I don't have rights to edit my posts, one second whilst I post replacement screenshots.

Indeed too small Croz....well I find myself in a similar situation. My first team could probably beat any team, my second string play all the smaller games.

But, am eager to see my youngster rise in the ranks. I have a few wonderful ones waiting to take the helm.

Originally posted by Hitchy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchy:

What's the minimum fitness rating that people would pick players with? I normally won't pick anyone with less than 90%, but prefer them to be above 95%.

I'm playing online with a mate and he just picks anyone who aren't injured - so picks people in 70% or so ratings.

Its not recommended to pick players around the 70% fitness. I have 2 teams, so can afford to rest some players. But if u have a small squad and can not afford to rest key players then pick those around the 90% mark, preferably above 95%. 70% is not good enough as they will be completely exhausted come the 2nd half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's what I thought. Doesn't seem to do my mate any harm though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he doesn't gain anything either. His squad would play much better if they were more fit.

Just finished my first season of my new save.

After a nail-biting league campaign.. we finished level on points with Arsenal at the top of the league. However, they had conceeded one goal less than us.. having scored exactly the same amount. Meaning they finished as champions. They went on an 11 game winning streak in the last 11 games.. our European commitments meant we couldn't match their form.

Europe went really well though, we beat Real Madrid 2-1 to clinch the title. My youth players managed a semi-final place in the League Cup and 5th round in the FA Cup.

Ronaldo finished with 45 goals in 53 apps and won all the awards going, with Rooney getting 27 in 48apps and finishing with both best player and top scorer awards in the Euro 2008.

So .. really looking forward to next season.

Only major transfer in so far is A.Valencia for 8.5m. A.Taylor looks set to join in a 4.2m deal from Boro in the next few days. J.Evans and Manucho have also returned and joined the first team squad. Also, L.Jimenez was bought for 500k, after being co-owned by two clubs in Italy.

Saha, Silvestre, Kuscuzak and Eagles have all departed.

My Team -

GK VDS/Foster

DR G.Neville/W.Brown

DL P.Evra/O'Shea

DC Ferdinand/J.Evans

DC Vidic/Pique

MC Carrick/Hargreaves

MC Anderson/Fletcher

AM Ronaldo/Valencia/Park Ji-Sung

AM Tevez/Scholes/L.Jimenez

AM Nani/Giggs/Park Ji-Sung

ST Rooney/Manucho

Fabio, Rafael, Sakho, D.Simpson, Aquino, D.Le Tallec, F.Brandy, F.Campbell.. etc are all in the reserves/loan this season to gain experience. Im putting a big focus on youth.

Im not asking for my team to be rated, i know there's loads of improvements but i've played this save before buying the best around. Looking for a more realistic save this time.

Originally posted by Hitchy:

They've onle done that to me once - which was for Pique.

You can go into the transfer centre and cancel the deal though. Do it as soon as the board accepts the offer, but you can cancel right up until the deal gets confirmed.

wish i knew that then i wudnt have lost out on piqye to barca for 16mil

asfdasfha4.th.jpg

My latest game i'm currently in 2015 and tevez is 31 years old.

asfdasdfuz9.th.jpg

My squad icon_smile.gif

aaasfdasdfgj1.th.jpg

My most intrested signing i still don't know if he is a regen or not but i dont think so icon_razz.gif he is class.

sorry for my game not bein in english but i think you understand the most of it anyways 100 mkr=£8.5M

Ok a wee update on here. After last season of winning the league cup and finishing 2nd in the league I have gone to 451 instead of 442 icon_frown.gif

I've been pretty busy this transfer window looking for good deals which I have got, pretty much all my signings were transfer listed by the club or request or for Ustari he had a minimum fee release clause.

Transfers for season two

I have no figured out my team yet who is best to play where etc but i'm sure I will over the season.

The Squad

Any comments?

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

I'd really love a 3rd winger like Ronaldo and Nani. I'm almost halfway the first season so transfer window will soon open up and i'd love to look around. Would be a great strengthening, although i might make my move in the summer.

Ronaldo was out injured for far too long. Both him & Park are nearing recovery so my wings will look stronger. Yet i want another winger as Giggs only performs in some odd games (and i mostly had to mentally challenge him through teamtalks) and Nani is still a bit young.

Semoli (sp) is a good winger for both sides, plays for fiorentina iirc and is usually transfer listed soonish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franco Semioli looks great! BB knows what kind of players i look for icon_biggrin.gif I'm not the 'spend way too much for 1 player'-man icon_smile.gif I'll try to go for him next season... Or not, since Park is playing like a world beater!

When i first saw that screenshot i was like: "Sandy Pettigrew? Isn't that a goalkeeper?"

And then i started thinking... Siracusa AC icon_biggrin.gifAaaah ... Memories

-------------------------------------

Current League Table

Currently having a great season as you can see. Our defensive stats are just magnificent, best defence in the league. The next best defensive team is Chelsea, obviously.

Arsenal is currently pushing us to the wire and we have to play them soon. Arsenal have a busy schedule though as we are out of all the domestic cups.

My team and tactics

As you can see my whole team is performing well. Most notable players are Ronaldo, Park, Rooney and Zapater as they often decide the game with goals and dictating play.

Looking for another winger, probably Semioli. And Tevez is really disappointing me. Vennegoor isn't setting the world alight but does better than Tevez. So Tevez might go out and a better striker might come in. Yet to find a preferred player, open for suggestion!

Final transfers in & out

Alberto Zapater was a great buy, great value for money! Great defensively and often dictates play too.

Pablo Piatti currently starting on the bench but has showed some talent in the games he played.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink hasn't set the world alight but does what is needed from him.

Iago, John Fleck, Mergim Hereqi and Aquino are currently playing in the u19s.

Bogdan Lobont is currently the first goalkeeper to set my heart alight on FM08.

Stephen Wright was brought in for depth and has been demoted to the reserves.

Christopher Samba is in a rotation system and looks solid at the back.

Diego Buonanotte is young and on the bench. The new Scholes/Anderson?

Gonzalo Pineda is in a rotation system and is solid on the wing, in the centre and as a DM.

Kirill Kombarov needs a WP and is on loan at Antwerp. He looks really good tbf!

!!My best result so far!!

Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Ok a wee update on here. After last season of winning the league cup and finishing 2nd in the league I have gone to 451 instead of 442 icon_frown.gif

I've been pretty busy this transfer window looking for good deals which I have got, pretty much all my signings were transfer listed by the club or request or for Ustari he had a minimum fee release clause.

Transfers for season two

I have no figured out my team yet who is best to play where etc but i'm sure I will over the season.

The Squad

Any comments?

Looks pretty good mate. Good depth, although you seem to have lost Carrick and Scholes without replacements. CM looks slightly weak.

And how can you sell Giggs icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Transfers for season two

The Squad

Any comments?

Looks pretty good mate. Good depth, although you seem to have lost Carrick and Scholes without replacements. CM looks slightly weak.

And how can you sell Giggs icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes is in the reserves looking for another club as is Giggs now, I love them both but they need to go icon_frown.gif

I've been pretty careful on spending money but Vidal can also play in MC. Ideally I will sign another one but he has to be the right player for the right price icon_smile.gif

Transfer window of the start of season two has just closed.

Here's my squad ..

1. Edwin Van De Sar

13.Ben Foster

2. Gary Neville

3. Patrice Evra

5. Rio Ferdinand

6. Wes Brown

14.Jonny Evans

15.Nemanja Vidic

19.Gerrard Pique

22.John O'Shea

26.Andrew Taylor

4. Owen Hargreaves

8. Anderson

16.Michael Carrick

18.Paul Scholes

24.Darren Fletcher

7. Cristiano Ronaldo

11.Ryan Giggs

13.Park Ji-Sung

17.Nani

27.Antonio Valencia

10.Wayne Rooney

25.Manucho

32.Carlos Tevez

So far, we have beaten Valencia 2-0 in the European Super Cup and are second in the league with a game in-hand. 4 Wins, 2 Draws and +16 G.D. Here's my results so far..

6-2 vs Chelsea (A)

0-0 vs Everton (H)

6-1 vs Cardiff (H)

7-1 vs Newcastle (H)

2-0 vs Valencia (ESC)

1-1 vs Aston Villa (A)

2-1 vs Tottenham (H)

3-0 vs Shakhtar (A)

Rooney has 10 Goals in 7 Games.

Ronaldo has 8 Goals in 7 Games.

Manucho, Nani and C.Tevez all have 2 Goals.

Some great youngsters mate. Have you got a certain training type? Or just all great coaches?

Surprised you have no made many transfers?

Original squad has great depth already and i don't want to go out and spend massively on this save, i'ved done it before too many times! icon_smile.gif

Bojan came on loan in the first season but im going to give Manucho his chance before spending on a new Striker.

My 3 main targets were G.Rossi, who went to Newcastle for 39.5m! and I was priced out of a deal for K.Benzema. Bojan wasn't inrested either so i'll spend in the future here.

A.Valencia has come in to provide more depth in attack. He's a really tidy player and was my main priority after Wigan were relegated. A bargain at 8.5m. Along with A.Taylor at the back, who will be back-up to P.Evra this season. He's English and looks set to have a great future.

Plenty of youth too around the place too so im pretty happy icon_smile.gif

60m to spend if needed!

harryseaess i agree, real life it would be a definate no but on the game id accept, if it was 72mil straight for him, over a certain period of time say 24months puts me off abit.

Playing very well sofar in my 2nd season after a fairly poor 1st season of only winning the league cup. We were beat 2-0 off chelski 1st game of the season but since then weve went on a 16 match unbeaten run in all comps, sitting top of the league after 12 games. Really pleased with the depth of the team this year. playing against reading now in the league cup ive fielded a weakish team but a team that i feel can win, im looking at the team now and it looks so strong,

van der saar

brown

barzagli

pique

lescott

makoun

michael johnson

nani

modric

moutinho

benzema

i hate to sound asif im bragging but im really pleased with that line up there considering none of them are my 1st choice.

Wow, what an end to the season. 3 points behind Arsenal on the last day of the season and their game went like this against Pompey

Pompey Vs Arsenal

all I had to do was win....

Ronaldo in teh 95th minute icon_smile.gif I love you

And the league table ended like this

League Table

Then I had to prepare for a FA Cup final against Liverpool icon_smile.gif

Why is there nothing sweeter than last minute goals icon_biggrin.gif

FA Cup Final

Arsenal knocked me out the CL in the Semi final and I was knocked out the league cup on penalties to Villa early on.

Overall squad stats

What an impact some of my signings had this season and Ronaldo was good in hiw new position of AMC icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Navie:

If anyone has got MAMADOU SAKHO please can I get some info?

In my 2nd season and he gets injured all the time, he is susceptible to injuries, does it affect him in future?

I've never had problems with him. Always turns out to be a star

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

In my 2nd season and he gets injured all the time, he is susceptible to injuries, does it affect him in future?

Well on my game he is susceptible to injures and gets injured alot.

I've never had problems with him. Always turns out to be a star </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

I've never had problems with him. Always turns out to be a star </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well on my game he is susceptible to injures and gets injured alot.

I just bought Nani back, which made Assaiti surplus to requirements as I also have Mota. Now, Mota is in my second team but he has good stats and will improve. Therefore I had to get rid of Assaiti. Agreed an exchange with Newcastle, Assaiti for Trejo. Also had 2 offers on the table, 10m+20m after 1 international+50%. which one should I have gone for?

Archived