FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Navie:

If anyone has got MAMADOU SAKHO please can I get some info?

In my 2nd season and he gets injured all the time, he is susceptible to injuries, does it affect him in future?

It just means you won't get a consistent run of games out of him. Probably not a good idea to rely on him as first choice if he's very prone to injuries.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

My team:

picture3lz1.th.png

Looking for some feedback on how to strengthen my squad.

Thanks.

Looks a really good team mate.

Strong in defence.. although i'd look to replace Kompany with a better CB. Someone like Pique, Sakho, Vidal, Fazio or Nordtveit. His defensive stats aren't particularly good.

Then i'd maybe bring in another Winger to provide a bit more depth. Messi would be ideal. Otherwise A.Valencia, H.Ben Arfa and J.Menez are all quality and can cover both sides.

Apart from that all looks great icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

If anyone has got MAMADOU SAKHO please can I get some info?

In my 2nd season and he gets injured all the time, he is susceptible to injuries, does it affect him in future?

It just means you won't get a consistent run of games out of him. Probably not a good idea to rely on him as first choice if he's very prone to injuries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I startd a new game to see if SAKHO has the same weakness, I bought him and his weakness was 'Inconsistent performer', I guess i'm unlucky for him to be susceptible to injuries in my game, weakness changes all the time when you create a game.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

I just bought Nani back, which made Assaiti surplus to requirements as I also have Mota. Now, Mota is in my second team but he has good stats and will improve. Therefore I had to get rid of Assaiti. Agreed an exchange with Newcastle, Assaiti for Trejo. Also had 2 offers on the table, 10m+20m after 1 international+50%. which one should I have gone for?

I'd take the second offer. Aissati isn't all that good in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

I just bought Nani back, which made Assaiti surplus to requirements as I also have Mota. Now, Mota is in my second team but he has good stats and will improve. Therefore I had to get rid of Assaiti. Agreed an exchange with Newcastle, Assaiti for Trejo. Also had 2 offers on the table, 10m+20m after 1 international+50%. which one should I have gone for?

I'd take the second offer. Aissati isn't all that good in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers.Managed to get 10m+30m after 1 international+50% from Everton!!! I have noticed something in my game, Tottenham have bought a lot of players and seem to be selling them as fast. EPL news says 'penniless' Spurs...interesting! Newcastle have been fighting hard for a top 5 finish for the past 2 seasons and have offered big money moves to some players.

While I bought Nani back for £14m, Arsenal bought Valencia from Spurs for £15.5. In that same week Spurs also sold Tim Cahill back to Everton, Ryan Taylor to Barca, Assou Ekoutto (sp). Robbie Keane and Yoan Gouffran (sp) rejected contract offers from other teams. Gareth Bale and Mikael Chretien (sp) have also been sold in the same season! Am I missing something here? My team seems to be the only one doing clever business!

What a complete joke. Just played Juve in the CL group stages. I was unbeaten all season up to this game.

It finished Juve 2 - Man United 0

Juventus Shots = 3, On Target = 2, Possesion 38%

Man United Shots =28, On Target 21, Possesion 62%

Unbelievable.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Has anyone had their kit sponsorship deal renewed? My 4yrs £14.12m deal expired in 2010. We r now in 2011 but nothing has changed as of yet!

Post it in the bugs forum maybe. Can't remeber what happened in my old save. I was in 2014.

What a complete joke. Just played Juve in the CL group stages. I was unbeaten all season up to this game.

It finished Juve 2 - Man United 0

Juventus Shots = 3, On Target = 2, Possesion 38%

Man United Shots =28, On Target 21, Possesion 62%

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable!!! maybe its your level of creative freedom! I had a similar experience with...Derby of all teams!!!

i had to sell ben foster, come towards the end of season 1 he wanted more first team action but van der saar was on great form, foster handed in a transfer request so i didnt keep him against his own will even though i had planned for him to be the number 1 this season, i sold to pompey for 17m and signed akinfeev as his replacement

What a game i've just had. league cup quater final, away at Stamford Bridge.

Went in at half time 1-0. Second half we went 3-1 down. However, 4 goals from Rooney in 12mins took us to 4-3. Ended 5-5.. then Ronaldo scored in the 121st minute of extra time to win 6-5 icon_biggrin.gif

Pique deal or no deal time again...

End of 1st season, Valencia have just offered 9m over 2 years AND Rafinha for him.

Would be sorry to see him go but I need to strengthen right back (still only got Brown, Neville and Simpson comepeting for it).

Worth letting him go for that?

Just finished 2011-12 season and I have to say its my best season yet. I won the much desired Champions League, which I have never won on CM or FM so I am very happy.

Here is a screen shot of the final against Valencia:

championsleaguefinal201jm7.jpg

As you can see, Rooney was amazing!

I also won the Premieship for the fourth season running:

manutdstartof1011ql0.jpg

Also the FA Cup:

facupfinal201112al1.jpg

And the League Cup:

leaguecupfinal201112ko7.jpg

My first ever quadruple!

Anyway, down to the squad, here is the squad from the season thats just finished:

squad201112em3.jpg

So can anyone suggest any improvements for my squad? Money shouldn't be a problem so who do you think I should sign or what position?

Cheers

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

32 league games in and the league is won with a 3-0 win at home over Chelsea \o/

now comes up a tough CL quarter tie with arsenal icon_frown.gif

You strolled through the league, nicely done.

Good luck against Arsenal. I never seem to have problems with them as long as I use a DM and 2 CMs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

32 league games in and the league is won with a 3-0 win at home over Chelsea \o/

now comes up a tough CL quarter tie with arsenal icon_frown.gif

You strolled through the league, nicely done.

Good luck against Arsenal. I never seem to have problems with them as long as I use a DM and 2 CMs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems you were right icon_biggrin.gif

05262008150010xn6.th.jpg

Anderson slowly becoming my favourite player with 3 great assists

End of Season 2

After a good season, we wrapped up the league title with a game to go, finishing 3 points clear from previous winners, Arsenal. We managed to get a total of 92 points and went unbeaten all season (27wins/11draws). Again, we drew too many games at the start of the season, but our unbeaten record in the league now stands at 49 games.

In the Cups, we beat Everton 1-0 in February to win the League Cup at Wembley. However, after cruising into the sixth round of the FA Cup, we suffered a dissapointing 1-0 defeat at St James Park to Newcastle.

In the Champions league we drew Barcelona in the first knockout round and it took a 113th minute goal from Ronaldo at the Nou Camp to seal a 3-3 draw on the night and 6-5 aggregate win for us overall. We made it to the semi's after beating Juventus and drew Inter. After a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford the pressure was on us at the San Siro. I opted for an attacking formation and suffered the consequences as Inter raced into a 2-0 lead at half-time. Nani pulled one back in the second half but we just couldn't get past man of the match, Julio Cesar, in the Inter goal to score a second. So we were defeated 4-3 on aggregate.

We had some good performances from our top players this year -

*Ronaldo got 41 goals in 47 games, including 17 assists (top scorer in the league with 33 goals, for a second consecutive season).

*Rooney got 40 goals in 44 games, 27 in the league.

*Tevez got 19 goals in 39 games, but managed an incredible 29 assists.

I've decided to sign a new two year contract at the club and i'm looking forward to next season.

M.Richards has just signed in a cash + players deal. Will update my transfers a bit later.

Start of Season 3

We're about a week away from our first competitive game of the season in the Community Shield against Everton. Im happy with my squad and I can't see any more transfers coming in or out. After not spending much last year i've decided to use some of my 100m budget to see if we can retain the league and also bring the Champions league tophy back to Manchester for a second time in three years. There's still 40m available if required.

INs

K.Benzema (Lyon: 30m + 25& Sell-On Clause + Sergio Mota)

M.Richards (Man City: 18m + 20% Sell-On Clause + John O'Shea)

F.Fazio (Sevilla: 3.8m)

Y.Sankhare (PSG: 6.75m)

Total = 59m

OUTs

W.Brown (Real Madrid, 2.1m)

J.O'Shea, Sergio Mota (Part-Exchange)

F.Fazio, Y.Sankhare, M.Sakho, H.Saivet, Rafael, Fabio, A.Ramsey, D.Le Tallec (Loans)

Total = 2.1m

My Squad

1. Ben Foster

29. Jeremie Baron

30. Edwin Van De Sar

3. Patrice Evra

5. Rio Ferdinand

6. Micah Richards

14. Jonny Evans

15. Nemanja Vidic

19. Gerrard Pique

20. Danny Simpson

26. Andrew Taylor

4. Owen Hargreaves

8. Anderson

16. Michael Carrick

22. Luis Jimenez

24. Darren Fletcher

7. Cristiano Ronaldo

13. Park Ji-Sung

17. Nani

27. Antonio Valencia

9. Karim Benzema

10. Wayne Rooney

25. Manucho

32. Carlos Tevez

Overall, im really happy with my team. I've got two very, very good regens that have come through our own youth system who will have big futures, Luke Warrington and Lee Kane. Aquino and F.Campbell are both in the reserves and will definatly feature at times over the season. Aquino especially is already looking top-class. J.Baron in goal is a regen picked up from Lyon who my scouts feel will become better than Ben Foster. At 19 he's already good enough to be back-up to our new No.1. Danny Simpson and Luis Jimenez have returned from successful loan spells and will play their part this year.

Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Van De Sar will all play in the reserves this season. Giggs is set to become part of the back-room staff after he announced his retirement at the end of the season and I hope all the others will follow him.

unlucky in the CL scott icon_frown.gif

Ronaldo seems to be scoring loads for everyone but myself icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

Yeh i was hoping to win it for a second consecutive year but we weren't quite strong enough. Rooney and Tevez tired towards the end of the season. Will be a different story this year with Benzema's arrival.

I use Ronaldo at AMR with an arrow to the ST position and sometimes he swaps with Rooney (ST). Plus takes all penalities and free-kicks.

Same here. Got him for 8.5m last season.

He made 24 appearances last year, scored 6 made 16 assists and averaged about 7.40.

Was delighted.

He's really pushing Nani for a first team spot. I'm retraining him so he can play at AML aswell, still learning at the moment though.

was gonna have a look at him if Wigan had decided to go down this season but they are flying high in 11th icon_frown.gif

crappy teams liek sunderland, birmingham & derby in bottom 3 with 6 games to go /o\

only Jones, Barnes & Muamba any good form them icon_frown.gif

Yeh they got relegated on mine, along with Middlesbrough .. which is why i snapped up A.Taylor for 4m. They were the only two signings i made for the second season iirc.

C.Gordon is good from Sunderland too, he'd be good to have along with B.Foster if he was available on the cheap.

Yeh they got relegated on mine, along with Middlesbrough .. which is why i snapped up A.Taylor for 4m. They were the only two signings i made for the second season iirc.

C.Gordon is good from Sunderland too, he'd be good to have along with B.Foster if he was available on the cheap.

gordon would be good but i expect even if they go down he will cost 10M+ and i have no money and i expect i will have no money in the summer for big buys unless isell Rio/Tevez/Ronaldo/Hargreaves to get money

just been drawn against Inter in the CL Semis icon_frown.gif the one team i fear in the whole competition after all their spening /o\

whoever wins will face Barca after they got an amazingly easy semi final tie with Spartak ****ing moscow

not sure if i should experiment with young players and reserves for the remainingly EPL matches

Just finished my first season. Here is my update.

Transfers

transfersbq4.jpg

transfersbq4.9024b785d4.jpg

Squad

squadkk1.jpg

squadkk1.4d2d3c9948.jpg

League Table

tableyq7.jpg

tableyq7.8a130a2df8.jpg

Fa Cup

facupxp5.jpg

facupxp5.83dbe8a709.jpg

Champions League

eurook8.jpg

eurook8.0c5d190360.jpg

I think I'm going to get a new right back and centre midfielder. Any other postions I should improve and any good youngsters I should sign? Cheers

Ouch.. tough games in the CL. Got a feeling you'll manage it though.

I'd definatly give a few youngster a run and keep your big players fully fit for the CL.

6 wins out of 6 so far for me this season, shocked that im yet to draw icon_smile.gif .. Benzema has 4 in 4 so he's done well so far.

Good season there Sparky.

Suprised by your decision to sell Vidic though. Kompany isn't all that good at CB, he lacks key stats.

Zapater is a good signing though, as is Sankhare and Sakho.

Youngsters-wise.. I'd look to get Aquino. He turns out amazingly.

Prehaps look at getting a new AMR/L.. A.Valencia has done well for me here. Otherwise Ben Arfa and J.Menez are both good.

OK, coming up to crunch time in my first season. Im two points behind Arsenal after thrashing Chelsea 7-2 icon_biggrin.gif and have Inter in the CL 2nd round, Arsenal in the League Cup final and the in the league coming up.

Have been thinking about how to improve my squad for next season, and want a new RB, DM and CF. I was thinking Benzema or James Vaughen upfront - or maybe Gignac. I want someone who is an all rounder -quick, strong, can shoot and head and pass. But Benzema will probably bust my budget I would think.

Does anyone know what the average budget is in the 2nd season for Utd? Ive made over 10mil profit this season by selling Silvestre, O'Shea and Fletcher.

Im having real trouble finding a consistent team / formation for my team. I'm coming up to the January transfer window in the 3rd season, and am doing great in the cup competition.

However, the league is the problem, i think the problem is that i dont know my strongest team. Currently 4th but only 5 points off Chelsea. My squad is:

GKs: Akinfeev, Foster

Defs: Rafinha, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Brown, O'Shea, Evans, Bale

Mid: Ronaldo, Nani, Veloso, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Park Ji Sung, Ashley Young

Att: Rooney, Tevez, Amauri

I often switch between a 442 diamond (veloso as dm and anderson as am) and just a simple 442.

But i cant find consistency, the wingers drift in and out of games and i just drew against wolves 1-1, who are in 19th and fairly poor. Yet they dominated me, 62% of possesion! i feel like i need a stronger midfield?

I'd play..

GK Akinfeev/Foster (Both similar --> Down to personal prefrence, i'd go with Foster)

DR Rafinha (He's attack-minded so play Brown in tight games)

DL Evra (Again Bale is more attacking, good for open games)

DC Ferdinand

DC Vidic

MR Ronaldo

ML Nani

MC Veloso - Best DM on the game, perfect partner for Anderson

MC Anderson - Great player, Veloso is a perfect partner.

ST Rooney

ST Tevez

Can't see any problems. Very similar team to mine. I'd play a flat 4-4-2, can never get the diamond to work. The DM and AM don't link very well from my experiences.

Try tweaking instructions, you have the players to play a short passing game at a fairly quick tempo. Have your width set to narrower if they aren't getting the ball. Ronaldo is your main assest .. you need him on the ball as much as you can.

Hope this helps.

Inter defeated \o/

5-2 on agg meaning a expected final clash with Barca in the final, only positive is that Messi might miss out with injury

Henri Lansbury ifb

Nice. icon_smile.gif

Tried for Lansbury on my save but Arsenal want 20m for him, couldn't get him at the start.

Archived