FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

How about JP.Carrizo from Lazio, who spends the first season on loan at River. He's always been good for me. Usually available for 5-7m.

just agreed another loan to River /o\

balls balls balls

might just sign some old players to teach my youth icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try Bogdan Lobont (cheap as bits), Michael Rensing (Bayern), Roman Weidenfeller (Dortmund, Gomes (PSV), Mickaël Landreau (PSG), Morgan De Sanctis (Sevilla) or Hélton (Porto). Should be a **** load of good Goalkeepers. Or you can try & make a player search filter on Carizzo (Misc -> Make player search filter).

-------------------------------------

Transfer targets for the summer

#1 Johnny Heitinga

The Ajax player has had a busy season and looks to have the stats to strengthen my defense. He has mainly played in the centre of the pitch for Ajax, but would be employed at RB in my team.

#2 Demy de Zeeuw

The dutchman has had a great season for AZ with his 19 assists. Looks alot like Carrick, would provide great cover in a rotation system and also has 7 caps.

#3 Franco Semioli

This winger can play on both wings and with his speed and precise crosses could be a great player for me. Should push Park all the way to the wire.

#4 Jérémy Ménez

Has some u21 caps with a decent amount of goals. Not a good season but reportedly unsettled, might have a look at him although i think he is more of a central kind of player instead of a winger.

#5 Nicola Pozzi

The Italian striker has impressed me when he played against my Belgium U21 squad. Has great finishing and heading and a good composure in front of goal. Combined with his technique, acceleration, pace and strength could well be the new RVN. Co-owned by Empoli and Milan, the only stumbling block.

#6 Jérémy Toulalan

Great player with great passing looks set to be the next Juninho. Had an average season but did get 6 caps. His attacking mindedness might make me reconsider, still have my doubts.

#7 Jan Kromkamp

Sevilla swooped him away in front of my nose on the last day of the winter transfer market. Didn't have a lot of appearances for them, probably because of Alves. Still worth a look though and my plan B if Heitinga fails.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

Vinsanity

Try Luigi Bruins for midfield. Bought him for £3.5mil and he just scored 4against Southampton!!! AvgR of 7.44

Requested a scouting report now. I remember him from the Holland u21 squad from a couple of years back when he scored a nice goal. I don't really like dutch players in my team (Belgium<->Holland thing) but still they look good on FM.

English Footballer of the Year award

1. Cristano Ronaldo

2. Wayne Rooney

3. Adrian Mutu (A'nal)

English Premier Division Top Goalscorer award

1. Benni McCarthy (Blackburn - 26)

2. Wayne Rooney (25)

3. Didier Drogba (Chelsea - 22)

English Players' Young Player of the Year award

1. Charles N'Zogbia (Newcastle)

2. Francesc Fàbregas (A'nal)

3. Anderson

English Premier Division Manager of the Year award

1. Vincent Borgmans (*ME*)

2. Arsène Wenger (Arsenal)

3. Rafa Benitez (Liverpool)

English Players' Team of the Year award

RB - Wes Brown

MR - Cristiano Ronaldo

S5 - Wayne Rooney

Transfers

John O'Shea -> Aston Villa | €3.4M

Adriano -> Man Utd | €10M (was decided a year ago)

Kwabena Agouda -> Man Utd | free (going to Antwerp for a WP)

*Martin Galván -> Man Utd | €900k (in 2010)

*Rabiu Ibrahim -> Sporting | €30k

*Josh Lambo -> Man Utd | free (in 2009)

Pablo -> Man Utd | free

*Miguel Tevez -> Man utd | free (in 2009)

* = youth player

selling O'Shea for 3.4M icon_frown.gif i am sadden

Might go for Amelia (sp) from Livorno for a goalkeeper, opinions on him?

Yeah sry

love him irl, used to go watch him at antwerp... but he was on way too high wages since he wasn't being used. Someone had to go and eventually he was it (he was in reserves)

Getting some scout reports in atm.

Current shortlist

Johnny Heitinga

Demy de Zeeuw

<STRIKE>Luigi Bruins</STRIKE>*

Franco Semioli - €18M + Piatti (renegotiated for Piatti <-> Semioli)

<STRIKE>Jérémy Ménez</STRIKE>**

Nicola Pozzi

Jérémy Toulalan

Jan Kromkamp

Michele Paolucci (had also impressed in an U21 game vs Italy, not as good as Pozzi)

Jonny Magallón (looks like a great defender)

Francisco Javier Rodriguez (seems like Chivas have great players)

*Luigi Bruins was not rated highly by me or my scouts

**Isn't up to Premier League standard yet, going to let him grow at Monaco for a while and then make my move in a couple of years' time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brc:

Barnetboyz,

I'm interested too. Could you send them? Thanks.

done icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait.. seems i can't send to that email? do you have another one i can send to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brc:

Barnetboyz,

wait.. seems i can't send to that email? do you have another one i can send to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's try this one...

bconick_*_nuparadigm.com

Replace the _*_ with @. Thanks again.

Originally posted by brc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Barnetboyz,

wait.. seems i can't send to that email? do you have another one i can send to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's try this one...

bconick_*_nuparadigm.com

Replace the _*_ with @. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

done icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by jonahno6:

BB, I see Fraizer Campbell scored for you, I recommend you play him a lot. He has 32 goals in 30(12) appearances for me in the 2nd season.

with only player striker being played upfront and the likes of Rooney, Tevez & Briand in teh same team i doubt Campbell will get any chances

End of Season Review 2007/08

Squad

05282008011104mw6.th.jpg

Anderson, O'Shea & Ronaldo my stand out players

Premiership & National Cups

05282008011416pd7.th.jpg

FA Cup Final

05282008011459ww7.th.jpg

Carling Cup Final

05282008011536ju0.th.jpg

Champions League Final

05282008011616mr1.th.jpg

Other Info & Reflection

The Under 18s stormed to the league championship without losing a game mainly with goals from Kodro & Saivet also helped with future captain Jordan Spence playing brilliantly..

On the news of feeder clubs.. Antwerp won promotion to the belgium top division but sadly Borges or Dalei did any good icon_frown.gif and Hearts managed a pretty crappy 9th in the Clydesdale premier division in scotland but not year will be much different

On the news of transfers.. have agreed to sign Zaccardo, San Roman, Barnetta, Shea, Ratsivoson, Mellis, Pacheco, Blanc, Kacaniklic, Weimann for the 1st of july 08 while i have other transfers including Lambo, Mauricio, Galvan etc who will arrive in more years to come, also seems i might lose Tevez & Pique to high money deals icon_frown.gif

On relegation.. Birmingham, Sunderland & Derby did end up going down so i will of course be putting bids in for the likes of Muamba, Gordon, Witsel (Sunderland), Kenwyne Jones and Giles Barnes.. .. ..FC Metz, FC Lorient & AS Nancy went down in the Ligue 1 division so bids will be placed in for Gueye, Puygrenier, Malonga & possibly Dia.. .. ..No decent teams were relegated from germanys top flight.. .. ..Livorno, Atalanta and shock horror Sampdoria were relegated from Serie A so quite a few bids will be placed for the likes of Amelia, Palombo, Fellaini, Ramires, Skjelbred and bugger all went down from spain who had any talent

Reflection.. Season went very well ending with a Barca crushing \o/, looking to bring in the youth of Lansbury, Moses, Campbell and get rid of the oldies/people who want out Rio, Pique, Tevez, Hargreaves etc

also looking to a DM \o/

Not sure whats the point of having too many players. In my game only 11 players can take to the field and in most games, 7 subs. I do have around 28 players in my first team, but I recalled a few after securing the title and with a few games in hand-They can therefore benefit from the experience of playing first team.

I have a 'healthy' reserve squad, with most players out on loan. But I sell quite a few at the end of every season when I find that they wouldn't be 'United quality'. Kenwyn Jones...

Its a thrill for me to see a healthy bank balance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

How about JP.Carrizo from Lazio, who spends the first season on loan at River. He's always been good for me. Usually available for 5-7m.

balls balls balls

might just sign some old players to teach my youth icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about Akinfeev? Not as good as Lloris in the game, in my opinion, but certainly good. How much do u have to spend? Neueur is also very good and shouldn't be too expensive.

Just For Jambo icon_razz.gif

05282008193946do7.th.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif

Nani rejected a 20M move to Inter whic hhas slightly annoyed me as i was planning on not playing him much due to Kaloudas arrival icon_mad.gif

Try selling players for less than their market value + xxx amount after 1 international, e.g I sold Assaiti for £10m spread over 24mths though he was valued at £16.5, to Everton, + £40m (or maybe it was £30m) after one international + 50%. I was actually willing to sell him for even less as the internal game clause would assure me a healthy profit.

After selling him, he didn't feature in the first set of international games but did in the second one. And Everton had to pay up!

I used similar tactics for Evra and got really good money.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Just For Jambo icon_razz.gif

05282008193946do7.th.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif

Nani rejected a 20M move to Inter whic hhas slightly annoyed me as i was planning on not playing him much due to Kaloudas arrival icon_mad.gif

Try selling players for less than their market value + xxx amount after 1 international, e.g I sold Assaiti for £10m spread over 24mths though he was valued at £16.5, to Everton, + £40m (or maybe it was £30m) after one international + 50%. I was actually willing to sell him for even less as the internal game clause would assure me a healthy profit.

After selling him, he didn't feature in the first set of international games but did in the second one. And Everton had to pay up!

I used similar tactics for Evra and got really good money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*international game clause

Originally posted by vbnmu:

balls balls balls

How about Akinfeev? Not as good as Lloris in the game, in my opinion, but certainly good. How much do u have to spend? Neueur is also very good and shouldn't be too expensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i disliek Akinfeev

i signed Amelia anyway for £6.5

and considering Nani i didn't actually transfer list him, and tbf i'm not fussed that he didn't go, and i know about the interantional fee glitch

Just got to January 2013 and saw that Diego's contract is expiring in the summer so I can sign him on a free and pay no compensation. The problem is he wants £105k a week and £4.5mill signing on fee, is he worth it? Currently i've got Anderson and Alex in the AMC position. I use one AMC position in my tactics so is he worth it?

Screenshot:

diego2013kq6.jpg

Cheers

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

Just got to January 2013 and saw that Diego's contract is expiring in the summer so I can sign him on a free and pay no compensation. The problem is he wants £105k a week and £4.5mill signing on fee, is he worth it? Currently i've got Anderson and Alex in the AMC position. I use one AMC position in my tactics so is he worth it?

Screenshot:

diego2013kq6.jpg

Cheers

I don't think his passing is good enough for the level he'd be playing at, so I'd say no.

Anybody signed Kenwyne Jones, and is he god enough back up?

Jambo

New back up keeper as i don't rate Adan one bit, maybe look at the likes of Preston Edwards, Gordon or maybe that Marseille GK

Maybe another back up left back to the legendary Evra, Bale or Traore would suit the bill

another DC aswell Nordtviet would be great by this time in the 3rd season and maybe Rodwell from Everton

Wingers are fine for the minute but farfan isn't that good imo

another good striker might be needed aswell unless Fleck has come of age and matured well (a screenie might be needed) otherwise the liks of Saivet, Freeman or Briand icon_smile.gif

hope it helps

Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

Barnetboyz could zou sent both tactics to Tarynng@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

BB's tactics, always wanted as the most icon_biggrin.gif ..

I am also pretty interested as I keep struggling with Man Utd icon_frown.gif

I think its more handy for him to upload them? Than people can download them and he doesn't have to mail everyone icon_razz.gif

I'm in need of some help

I'm currently at the beginning of the 2010/2011 Season, and I'm in need of a CB.

I've currently got a budget of £25mill.

Only requirement is that the player is ready to jump into the first 11 And compete for the first choice.

Advice would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Illdisposed:

I'm in need of some help

I'm currently at the beginning of the 2010/2011 Season, and I'm in need of a CB.

Only requirement is that the player is ready to jump into the first 11 And compete for the first choice.

thanks in advance

Who do you have already?

Without knowing that look at

Pique, Sakho, Nordtveit, Zapata, Breno

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Illdisposed:

I'm in need of some help

thanks in advance

Who do you have already?

Without knowing that look at

Pique, Sakho, Nordtveit, Zapata, Breno </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been sorted; thank you. I'm buying Breno at the end of the season. His buyout clause at barca is only £20mill.

Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

Nice. Any small tweaks or OI you set/use? icon_smile.gif

sometimes i use the DM to mark the best midfield player but thats rare, e.g only on someone like Fabregas who needs to see as little of the ball as possibly etc)

Haven't posted here in ages but have a Man Utd game going that I'm enjoying so figured I might aswell post progress.

First season: Won the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield, knocked out of Champions League on away goals by Inter in the quater finals.

Second season (season I just finished): Lost Community Shield to Liverpool, knocked out of league cup in 4th round to Chelsea, knocked out of Champions League by Barcelona in quater finals thanks to an Henry goal in the 94th minute of second leg, which I would have won on away goals. Lost 3-2 in FA Cup final to Newcastle, De Guzman scoring for them in the 86th minute.

On a positive note, I believe that my current squad is the strongest squad I have ever assembled in FM08, simply because for the first time ever in this series of games (been playing since CM2) I have actually managed to go the whole league season unbeaten. I think I have finally got this rotation businsess sorted out!

League Table - The Invincibles

Transfers 08/09

All of my 5 major signings had fantastic seasons. Sergio Aguerro was a goal machine, Daniel Alves very rarely let anyone past him, Christopher Samba is like having another Vidic, Lassana Diarra was signed as a replacement midfielder for Scholes really but fitted in brilliantly, and Leonardo is easily the best £2million I have ever spent - brought him in as a short term replacement for Nani who the board sold for £24 million on last day of January transfer window - then was forced to play him up front when Rooney and Tevez both got injured and his goal return was totally unreal, he will start next season as a retrained striker without a shadow of a doubt.

Biggest surprise this season is that the 3 old men are still going strong. Giggs still first choice left winger with a brilliant average rating of 7.32 after 38 games, Scholes managed 7.0 after 29 games, and Neville a respectable 6.92 - not bad considering there is no chance that he could dislodge Alves from the starting line up.

Youth wise, Sakho and Wijnaldum are coming along - Aquino, although performing well, still needs a couple of seasons I think. Wijnaldum is already a full international aged 18, capped 3 times this season. Saivet, Forster and Rodney Sneijder will probably spend next season out on loan again as I'm hoping to strengthen in the summer, dependant on the budget I'm given which I'm hoping will be £30-40million. Hopefully I can get a bit further in the Champions League next time around.

Anybody spot any weak areas in the team, apart from the obvious left wing place and lack of propper out and out right wing backup for Ronaldo (I've been playing Wijnaldum out there when Ronnie needed resting)? I'm playing 4-4-2 most of the time, only playing 4-1-4-1 away from home against the big teams and in Europe.

Someone on here who knows when the regens get added to non-english clubs ?

Preferably Belgium, France, Spain & Italy?

Could someone with a game in the future check this for me? Go to a foreign team -> Transfers -> History -> Views -> Promoted youth players and check the dates that are highlighted together with the regens.

Other countries like Scotland, Russia, Germany, Ukraine & Portugal would be great too!

Thanx in advance

Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

Someone on here who knows when the regens get added to non-english clubs ?

Preferably Belgium, France, Spain & Italy?

Could someone with a game in the future check this for me? Go to a foreign team -> Transfers -> History -> Views -> Promoted youth players and check the dates that are highlighted together with the regens.

Other countries like Scotland, Russia, Germany, Ukraine & Portugal would be great too!

Thanx in advance

i think its near enough all in the same month (maybe apart from russia as the yseason is in a different time period iirc)

have decided to make some big changes for the 2nd season.. with Pique already gone for £19.5M, Briand has now left to join Spurs for £16.5M (14M profit in 6 monthes \o/) and now Carrick & Tevez look to be leaving as for £17M & £24M each tp Spurs & Inter

meaning i will only have 1 striker in Rooney icon_frown.gif and hardly any world class MCs

Just finished season 2012-13 and has been a good season overall.

Transfers in/out:

transfersinandout201213ip5.jpg

Biggest dissapointment has to be Pato, he has been so dissapointing that I shoved him in the reserves (tbh, he is doing immense in the reserves lol). Messi was also a great signing, he only came in January and managed to score 9 goals and achieved 5 assists in 23 games. No big transfers out, quite alot of reserve players left on free's but thats all.

Won the Premieship for the 5th consecutive season:

premiership1213rf3.jpg

It's my highest points total that I have ever got in a 38 game season which I am quite happy about. Notice Derby's position! They got relegated 1st season then came straight back-up and they have been improving ever season, there not far from knocking Liverpool out of the top 4 which i'm glad to see icon_smile.gif.

I won the FA Cup for the second consecutive season in a row and suprising both finals were against Portsmouth:

facupfinal201213pb1.jpg

I had a very easy FA Cup tbh, it was Plymouth, Sheffield United, Derby, Charlton, Southhampton and as you can see from above, Portsmouth in the final.

I also won the Champions League also for the second consecutive season.

championsleaguefinal201li0.jpg

Now on 4 Champions League and not far away from them 5 Champions Leagues that Liverpool have won. Aguero is becoming Mr Final, he never lets me down in a big game!

Not bad results in the League Cup tbh, went out in semi's to Arsenal.

The end of season squad:

manutdsquad201213ve1.jpg

My player of the season has to be Fernandez:

fernandez2013wf1.jpg

This is mostly because he has shown so much improvement this season. Aguero came in a close second place.

can anyone suggest and improvemtns to my squad? What positions? Who to sell? Who to buy?

So thats about it, sorry for the lengthy post.

Cheers

Archived