FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just started new man utd game and currently bough

Saivet....lulinha..alex from vasco and also bought felipe as back up gk cos he becomes amazing. also bought banega.

sold silvestre.flecther and kuzscak cos they are crap also sold saha aswell so brought sum money in just need a RB but richards cant afford so looking at rafinha. by 2012 should have new team manchester brazil with all the brazilians i have signed. Also bought ever banega aswell.

Tevez ronaldo and rooney scoring goals for fun currently top but lost comunity shield on pens so board not happy but top of league with 12 games played and only lost one to boro away 3-2 (not happy)

I have sent Campell, Gibson and evans out on loan to get some valuable experience.

So all in all the futures bright the futures brazil!!!!!!

Friendlies Roudn Up..

Vs Hearts Away

Score : 8-0

Scorers : Evra, Rooney, Campbell, Ronaldo 2 & Ferdinand 3

MOTM : Ferdinand

Vs Crystal Palace Away

Score : 4-0

Scorers : Ferdinand, Vidic & Rooney 2

MOTM : Rooney

Vs Marseille Away

Score : 1-1

Scorers : Rooney

MOTM : Amelia

Vs Sheff Utd Away

Score : 6-0

Scorers : Evra, Puygrenier, Barnetta, Ronaldo & Moses 2

MOTM : Evra

Vs Murica Home

Score : 4-2 (Had to play a very weak suqad to due good reserves being at hearts and key players stolen by Olympics)

Scorers : Barnes, Wilshere & Moses 2

MOTM : Moses

Overall a good display but the squad is not very weak due to players being sold (Pique, Tevez, Briand & Carrick)

trying to get some world class players in but its not easy icon_frown.gif

Hi

I think i have probably the best striker on my game he is a regen. He is called Alexey Belyaev and he is russian. He is 21 i signed for 15.5 million (release clause) from Villareal in 2012-13 season. In his first season he scored 43 goals and 14 assists and 12 man of match in 48 games.He has played 4 games so far this season and scored 5 goals and 4 assists. He is now worth 33.5 million pounds. Here are his best stats:

Dribb - 19

Finish - 20

First Touch - 20

Heading - 20

Long Shots 16

Technique - 19

Anticip - 17

Creativ - 17

Compos - 177

Decisions - 17

Flair - 17

Off Ball - 16

Work R - 17

Agility - 18

Jump - 15

Pace - 15

Stamina - 17

Strength - 18

Positioning - 15

Teamwork - 15

Also his passing is 14

Plus in 2012-13 winter window i signed aguero for 30 million pounds who scored two on debut and finished season with 21 goals in 20 games picking up 6 assists and 7 man of match. He and Belyaev make a lethal partnership.

I also have L.Messi, G.Dos Santos, Bojan playing for me.

Was hoping to stir up a little discussion here...

A popular formation (at least in the first few seasons) seems to be an attacking threesome spearheaded by either rooney or tevez, with support from the flanks. In an away tactic, I've had very good success with a high tempo, counter-attacking approach with rooney running on to the ball, although not as much for tevez (lack of pace, I suppose). Anyways, at home is a different story. A control type tactic really seems to leave the striker isolated up top, and far too often, he goes missing for long periods. Also, Tevez and Rooney's strength lies with the ball at their feet, not aimed at their head, however, when they do seem to have the ball, they are 25 yards from goal with their back to it, and seem to enjoy hitting long shots right into the central defenders. I've tried a few things, such as dropping the striker's mentality far enough to be involved more, but all that really does is empty the box, leaving the on-rushing mids to take potshots from distance. Really, I'm just looking for a few ideas on how to get the front 3 to play better at home in confined space. Any thoughts??

Try using an AMC aswell, he'll link up with your two CM's and allow your ST to play further forward without becoming isolated.

Also try giving your AMR and AML F-Arrows to the ST position and playing through the middle at a high tempo.

Works well for me.

Originally posted by cristianoronaldo:

Just been taken over in my first season on the latest patch... D Gill, gone..

That happened me on one game as well and the new chairman gave us lots of extra money.

In his first message to me, he stated that no investment was going to take place with the transfer money...

Unlucky.How are your finances looking?

A profit of 45 million so far this season...

In April now.

So not so bad. A bank balance of 300k though. Ha.

You should be fine so.

You start to get into trouble when u have a bank balance of -10 million or so.

Happened to me once or twice

Hi all. Just finished my first season with Manchester United. I have supported the club for nearly 30 years now, so I am always a bit dubious about playing as them in the game, but their performance's from last season persuaded me to give it a go.

I tried to limit my incomming's and outgoing the first season as I was a little concerned about upsetting the balance of the team, and the financial situation at the club.

Transfers In/Out

As you can see I released a lot of players from my reserves and youth, as imo they wouldn't be good enough for the 1st team and were just taking up money out of the club.

My main signing was Zapater, who I have used many times before, and proved himself to be an excellent aquisition for the club.

Season Review

We won the Premiership with relative ease with 2 games to spare. We hit top spot after 11 games, and there we stayed. Arsenal and Chelsea never gave up the fight, and despite only dropping 18 points all season I had to wait til 2 games before the end to secure th Premiership title.

Premiership Title

In the league cup we lost 3-2 to Chelsea in the final. A very even game that we were unlucky to lose, but probably didn't do enough to win.

In the FA Cup we lost 2-1 to Liverpool in the Semi-Finals. This game we definatly deserved to win. Reina claimed the man of the match, and we threw everything at them but couldn't find a way through.

The Champions League was the one I really wanted to win. We made it though the group stage with ease. We drew Roma in the first knockout round, and beat them 5-0 on aggregate. The quaters were favourable to us by drawing us with Schalke, and we overcame them 5-1 on aggreagate.

The Semi's paired us with Barcelona. Away leg first. We took a 2-0 lead within 3 mins thanks to a double from Rooney. We held this til half time, when either Rijkaard's team talk or my own caused the 2nd half. The hammered us. I tried everything to try and alter the way the 2nd half went, but I think if you make a mistake in your team talk there is no recovering. They had 3 dissalowed goals, and an appeal for a penalty turned down. In the end I was grateful to come away with a 2-2 draw.

The second leg we again took an early lead thanks to Nani. Henry leveled just before half time after Brown 'dallied on the ball for far too long'. They took the lead in the 2nd half though Henry, and then shut up shop. Ended up by throwing 4 forwards on and 2 AMC, but couldn't break though them. Dream over..............

Summary

Don't know how to feel about the season really. There were some great performances, especially from Rooney. The defence, on the whole, was great. We just didn't perform in 2 or 3 key games, so near, so far.........

Squad

What next?

Ok where do I need to improve for next season?

Fletcher has already agreed a move to Sevilla for 10m.

I think I need another CM, have been looking at Toulalan from Lyon, but not sure how much I will get yet, and his price will probably be very high. Other options could be Bodmer or Nasri. Not too sure on Nasri as he seems perhaps a bit too attacking. Think I also could do with an out and out forward. Benzema and Huntelaar are the 2 I am looking at.

Still got to offload a few players. Saha is in the reserves, and I want him gone. Probably going to get rid of Van der Saar or Kuszczak and give Foster his chance. Carrick/Simpson/Brown/O'Shea/Nani could all go if I get the right money, and if I can get replacements.

Any advice would be welcome. Dave.

I'm currently at the beginning of my 2012/2013 season. And I've collected a transfer budget of £100mill.

I'm in need of "extremely" talented youngsters.

Mainly in the area of: FV - DC - DCR - MC

Any recommendations are much appreciated

This is going to sound really dumb but can people who finish their 1st season top of the Premiership post their tactics please and instruction if they use patch 8.02 because I find it quite impossible to win the league everytime. Would like to see what tactics people use.

Originally posted by Navie:

This is going to sound really dumb but can people who finish their 1st season top of the Premiership post their tactics please and instruction if they use patch 8.02 because I find it quite impossible to win the league everytime. Would like to see what tactics people use.

I use Kimz tactic on 8.0.2:

Kimz Tactic

I have won the premiership twice in a row, 2 Champions League's and a few FA Cups and League Cups.

Hope this help you mate icon_smile.gif.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

I use Kimz tactic on 8.0.2:

Kimz Tactic

I have won the premiership twice in a row, 2 Champions League's and a few FA Cups and League Cups.

Hope this help you mate icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do go anywhere, I need to talk to you icon_biggrin.gif

Right...I want to badly use that tactic BUT...Ronaldo, Flether, Nani do fit in anywhere in that Tactic.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

You could play Fletcher either in one of the MC positions or even the AMC position but if you are in the first season the I reccomend playing Scholes in the AMC position.

You maybe could do with a strong MC/DM for the other MC position?

Hope i'm helping and I will stick around for a bit if you need to talk icon_smile.gif.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado with the best finishing in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

You could play Fletcher either in one of the MC positions or even the AMC position but if you are in the first season the I reccomend playing Scholes in the AMC position.

Hope i'm helping and I will stick around for a bit if you need to talk icon_smile.gif.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

Kimz tactic has no players in the AMR and AML position, there is a FC, 3 AM, 2 DM, 2 DC, a DL and a DR position

If I use Kimz tactics then I want to play Nani so after 1st season Inter and Arsenal bid for him like they always do and his stats go up pretty good. Also Nani and Ronaldo may play badly out of their normal positions.

I meant AML and AMR as the ones on the left and right of the three AMC's. So play Ronaldo on the left of the 3 AMC's and Nani on the right of the AMC's. I got ronaldo to score alot of goals by playing him on the left of the three, you should give it a go for a few games.

I meant AML and AMR as the ones on the left and right of the three AMC's. So play Ronaldo on the left of the 3 AMC's and Nani on the right of the AMC's. I got ronaldo to score alot of goals by playing him on the left of the three, you should give it a go for a few games.

Ok cool thats good, I will give that a go. Btw..since I have been playing patch 8.02 I have started again like over 20 times completely because its really difficult to win the league as Chelsea & Arsenal only drop like 10-15 points every season so I have to win like virtually every match, hopefully this is much more fun than irritating.

You should win most of your games with the right players. All I think you need to sign is maybe a new attacking DR, De Silvestri is awesome, have a look at him.

You can play Carrick and Hargreaves at MC positions and roatate Tevez and Rooney.

Hope I helped mate.

You should win most of your games with the right players. All I think you need to sign is maybe a new attacking DR, De Silvestri is awesome, have a look at him.

You can play Carrick and Hargreaves at MC positions and roatate Tevez and Rooney.

Hope I helped mate.

You have helped alot, thanks, I will use O'shea as backup, Brown will play DR because of his Pace and Acceleration until I get a better DR, i'll be buying Steven Defour and he will play AMC, seen how good his offensive stats are?...unreal, he only costs 3.1 million. Other 1st season signings will be Sakho, Saviet, Sankhare and Bojan on loan.

After 1st season i'll try get Veloso because he is an excellent DM. This Kimz tactic is good because it does not have any MC because I find it really impossible to find someone who is like Essien/Patrick Viera/Denilson...someone who is offensive and can tackle at same time.

Can anyone advise me on Wellbeck plz...Is he actually not far from being better than Rooney as my coach report says?

How about Baxter-my report says he would b a decent player.

And lastly, Aquino...is he quality enough for Manchester United?

Welbeck will become pretty awesome if you continue to train him right and give him some games. My advice - Let him rip the U18's League up in the 1st season. Then second season, move him into the reserves, which he wont 'rip' up as much, but he should still do quite good. Then play him in smaller games for the first team e.g. the Mickey Mouse cup (League Cup) and give him some game time at the end of a match when your ahead by a few goals. By the time of the 3rd season, he should be good to use as proper backup to Rooney/Tevez and should be hitting a fair few goals. By the time of the 4th season rolls around, he should be challenging Rooney/Tevez/whoever else you got, for their places in the first team. No need to buy a real quality striker imo, when you have Welbeck coming through the ranks. That's why I've restrained myself from buying Aguero etc.. on this save (Although, if he's available cheap this summer, I might just go in for him icon_biggrin.gif).

About Baxter, he looks good on my current game (Halfway through 2nd Season) and definitely looks like he could be a great backup, not too sure about him making the first team squad though, ahead of these two regens and Welbeck that I've got coming through. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kornfan001:

whom should i sll to get money to buy sergio aguero? only got 2.2 million, i'm in first season

Don't stick with what you have got in the first season. Rooney Tevez Ronaldo Nani all brilliant attackers.

hey, im in my first season with united, wnt to find a tactic that incorporates rooney and tevez, and get ronaldo in on the action. tried one season bt ronaldo hafnt scored for like 20 games and rooney and tevez wernt prolific. can anyone help?

kornfan001 - Like Jambo said, you already have great attackers in the squad. There isnt much need to bring in another Rooney/Tevez type anyway.

call1987 - Try playing a flat 4-4-2, with Tevez dropping, and Rooney playing the out and out forward role, with a bit of CF. The give Ronaldo quite a bit of CF, and a farrow to FL/FR (whichever side you play him on) from midfield. All of them should score the majority of the goals for you, however, don't expect Ronaldo to be the top goal scorer from their like irl, it just isnt possible on a game.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

And about Aquino, I've never had him. So I cant really say, although he does look quite damn good.

Thx Sheps. Wellbeck was sent out on loan last season. And I can't remember what I didt the previous one-he was probably in U18s though. He is now part of my 1st team, challenging for a spot along with Saivet. Reason y I sold Vaughan.

Baxter was sent out on loan last season, but he has really low acceleration and pace. Will give him this season as backup behind Rooney/Saivet/Wellbeck. We shall see how it goes from there.

I have already sold Aquino. Could have sent him on loan but I already have a lot of left sided guys, most of which are on loan.

Originally posted by kornfan001:

cheeuys, when should i strt bringing in replacements for giggs,neville,scholes and van der sar

Start of the second season in my opinion. Ben Foster is quite good but I went for Ustari. If I were you every couple of months i would take a look out for transfer listed players. I got a fair few bargains. Fazio being the best one for 3 million icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone got any tips for an away tactic, ive bin playing a 4-2-3-1 i made myself and im in 2nd season, at home im lethal drawing only 2 and winning the rest in the first season, but im loosing too many points away from home, anyone got any advice?

For those that use KIMZ tactics

Does anyone know if I should just stick to using ONLY version 2.0 or do I use version 2.1 and 2.2 aswell? I'm playing using patch 8.02

This are the OI I use:

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

- injured player : tackling hard

Also is there a way to stop conceeding too many opposition goals/shots?

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Squad Help

06022008132158me8.th.jpg

Just about 80M to spend, and yes i know the squad is huge but a few might be sent out on loan (Spence, Jonsson, Evans to name a few)

Ramon is a outstanding 18 year old brazilian who i have high hopes for

Pretty deep squad there. If you're still using that same formation, I'd recommend somebody like a Van der Vaart, or maybe Moutinho. Other than that, maybe bring in a physical-type striker, just for that extra dimension.

Originally posted by brc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Squad Help

06022008132158me8.th.jpg

Just about 80M to spend, and yes i know the squad is huge but a few might be sent out on loan (Spence, Jonsson, Evans to name a few)

Ramon is a outstanding 18 year old brazilian who i have high hopes for

Pretty deep squad there. If you're still using that same formation, I'd recommend somebody like a Van der Vaart, or maybe Moutinho. Other than that, maybe bring in a physical-type striker, just for that extra dimension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am using the same formation, i have Anderson to come in as the MC to AMC position to replace the good Lansbury and have Moses as my target man striker (jumping 20 \o/)

am looking to buy a world class player though, tried Fabregas but 60M was rejected icon_frown.gif

might wait until Ramos is interested and activate his 34M release clause to complete my defence

Archived