FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by zizo:

Who should I buy as an attacking midfielder and not too expensive? I'm using 4-5-1 tactic right now with two defensive midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders. For attacking midfielders i use Ronaldo, Giggs and Piatti. So any suggestion?

Fernandez is quality. He's at one of the spanish clubs (villerial i think) and you can pick him up for £11m ish.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ian Garrigan:

Im starting a completely new season with united hav sold fletcher for 6 million and now have a transfer budget of 13 mil after buying some youngter any advice for what positions i need to improve, who to buy, and to who to sell

You don't need many players in the first season, but I always go for Owen and Fernandez.

You will probably need someone to replace fletcher though, unless Gibson is up to it. I suggest Veloso - who becomes quality. You will need for of a transfer budget than that though. Maybe sell Saha, Silvestre, Bardsley, Eagles and O'shea. Though lots of people love O'shea.

I would get Sahko as a cheap left back, back up or maybe promote Lee from the reserves.

nik tik get marcelo hes brilliant

my starting 11 is

lloris (gk)

alves(rb)

vidic(cb)

ferdinand(cb)

marcelo/evra (lb

nani(lm)

anderson(cm)

Ronaldo(rm)

Teves(amc

Aguero (fc)

rooney(fc)

any suggestions icon_wink.gif

i also have quality youth talent such as

saivet sakho ibrahim wijnaldom sankhare

i sold hargreaves and pique and got over 60 million between them .

who should i buy im using 8.02 patch icon14.gif

Originally posted by jakecullen:

nik tik get marcelo hes brilliant

my starting 11 is

lloris (gk)

alves(rb)

vidic(cb)

ferdinand(cb)

marcelo/evra (lb

nani(lm)

anderson(cm)

Ronaldo(rm)

Teves(amc

Aguero (fc)

rooney(fc)

any suggestions icon_wink.gif

i also have quality youth talent such as

saivet sakho ibrahim wijnaldom sankhare

i sold hargreaves and pique and got over 60 million between them .

who should i buy im using 8.02 patch icon14.gif

Don't know how much money you have but I always try and get David Silva (from Valencia at the beginning). He's a brilliant player. Might be worth getting David Villa if you want to strengthen your striking lineup.

Just finished the 2014/15 season and won Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Premiership and Champions League.

Won Commuinity Shield 12-11 on pens against Arsenal after a 1-1 draw.

Won the League Cup 2-1 against Chelski.

Won Premiership easily:

premiership1415bm7.jpg

Won FA Cup 4-1 agianst Chelski.

Won Champions League 4-0 agianst Arsenal:

championsleaguefinal201jp7.jpg

End of season squad:

manutdsquad201415ia9.jpg

Any improvements I should make? Any positions need improving? Any players need selling? I'm think of selling Ronaldo due to him being 30 now, is that a good idea? Also thinking of selling Bodmer, he has had a great season but he is 32 now, should I sell him?

Thanks icon_smile.gif.

After my demolition of Liverppol, Chelsea fared no better but Arsenal put up a fight...kind off...

CHELSEA 1 - MAN UTD 4

06162008213804in7.th.jpg

MAN UTD 4 - ARSENAL 3

06162008214046ug4.th.jpg

Just had my biggest league win, guess it will teach the Baggies after scoring a flukey opener icon_biggrin.gif

06162008214253pj4.th.jpg

Still trying to unsettle Fabregas but proving to be very hard.

My new style of attacking football proving to be a hit, 21 games played scoring 82 but have conceded 17 which is way more than normal, guess something has to give.

Originally posted by arron52:

well ive managed to unsettle fabregas , he want to come to OT , does anyone have an idea how much you have to bid for him? ive had a £45 mil bid turned down already

Normally about £60m +, but I've never found him to be worth it. You could try getting some youngsters in instead. Micheal Woods from Chelsea is class.

Just finished the fourth season and I won the league and Champpions League.

I play a 3-4-1-2 with

Foster; Pique, Ferdinand, Milto; Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Anderson, Silva; Aguero; Rooney and Owen

I have saivet and tevez who are scoring for fun as well - especially Saivet who is my supersub. Brought some youth in Woods from Cheslea and Thiago from Real Madrid - Also a quality DC from Spurs (but he is dutch and they brougt him a couple of years back) he is only 20 and is quality, think his name is Hoenkena or something similar.

cheers hitchy, i take your point about getting youngsters instead but i think that with the squad i already have it would take a superstar like fabregas or the like to improve it further.

How's Rafinha been playing? I'd be tempted to buy Alves for RB or someone like Vincent Kompany for centre half.

I think with Anderson, Banega, Hargreaves and Veloso you have enough quality midfielders.

You might be better off getting Agureo to play in Anderson's position and moving Anderson into midfield?

Originally posted by BW:

Great results adonis

What tactic?

Kimz tactic v2.1 with v1 layout icon_wink.gif

Arsenal want £150m for Fabregas and he is interested but won't be paying that much. No other clubs are interested in him so makes it harder.

Originally posted by Hitchy:

cheers hitchy, i take your point about getting youngsters instead but i think that with the squad i already have it would take a superstar like fabregas or the like to improve it further.

How's Rafinha been playing? I'd be tempted to buy Alves for RB or someone like Vincent Kompany for centre half.

I think with Anderson, Banega, Hargreaves and Veloso you have enough quality midfielders.

You might be better off getting Agureo to play in Anderson's position and moving Anderson into midfield?

i did think about alves, but rafinha has been solid since taking the RB spot from neville.im gonna give araujo his chance this season, my ass man says he`s a quality player and his influence is 20 so i gave him vice captaincy.i think my interest in fabregas has ended now anyway, how about bodmer ? ive never had him is he as good as most people say he is?

I'm on my 4th season now, 23 games played in the league and 12 points clear of Arsenal who are 2nd, just beat them 4-0 at home, Messi just rips defences apart, he runs from the wing to the centre with so much ease.

Hoping I can do the Quadruple this year again, won the World Club Championship this season icon_smile.gif

If anyone is interested...

...in my save I have never cheated and don't cheat, I don't use scouting tools etc, i'm using patch 8.02 with January transfer update.

Won the League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions Cup in 3rd season when I made this tactic, still going excellent.

Here is a link to the tactic I use, I have posted it on the 'Tactics & Training Tips' forum if anyone wants to see it.

This tactic isn't a miracle tactic but its a pretty solid tactic, I just need to find out how to upload my tactic for downloading.

My team is going pretty well...

2007/08 season,

Purchased Giles Barnes for $9.5M.

Sold Dong, Silvestre and Fletcher.

WON - nothing... upset in League cup, beaten by Liverpool in CL quarters, beaten by Arsenal in FA cup, and 3rd in league.

2008/09 season,

Purchased Quaresma for $15.75M and Podolski for $5M.

Sold Barnes for $10M (didn't like him)

also got 22.5M+clauses for Nani (and option to buy back $38M) and 2.3M for Foster (2.8M buyback)

Ronaldo won most of top awards with 54 goals and 22 assists in 55 games.

Ended up winning league and CL final against Chelski.

2009/10 Season

Purchased Neuer for $42.5M...*umm*

Micah Richards for $38M

Luka Modric for 39M

Iago for 5.75M

Sold Tevez for 11.75M + clauses

and sold Vidic for $20M

CURRENT SQUAD

squadlist1zv9.jpg

Threw alot of money at Neuer trying to get a decent keeper, even though Kuszczak was MOM in my CL win, hoping he turns out to be class!

I'm in the summer transfer window just about to start season 5. Won the league in each of the four previous seasons and won the CL twice (including last year).

I play a 3-4-1-2 formation, but am about to revert back to 4-4-2 as I think the game learns how to counter your tactics after a while. I brought Alves for RB, but can't buy a LB for love nor money.

I offered Juventus £50m for Chilleni and they've rejected. Also tried Lahm, Cristo, Cole and a few others. Can probably get Evra back, but he is now 30. How long does he stay good for?

No patches on my db.

Here's a quick overview of the second season which I've just finished second season. Lost in the Champions League final 2-1 to Barca, got to semi's of FA Cup and finished 8th in the Premiership. Won the European Super Cup, World Club Championship & charity shield this season though, so it wasn't that bad of a season.

Brought in Adriano who's done well, Aaron Ramsey, Ronaldo (short term as a backup striker only cost £400k but wanted to leave after a few months) and have Heitinga (from Ajax) & Gabriel Agbonlahor (Villa) joining in the Summer. Alot of players leaving now like Ben Foster, Fabian Brandy et al and also Giggsy retiring and got a few other players on transfer list (Park Ji Sung, Louis Saha etc.) Top priority is a new keeper (to replace Van Der Sar) but offers keep being rejected.

Also, Barcelona said they weren't going to renew Frank Rijkaard's contract, so might go to Barca if offered the job and/or do international management with United [spain job is available]. Might stay there for a third season but I've already won the Premier, Champions League, Euro Supercup etc. so not much more to accomplish there (apart from winning the FA & League cups).

Not sure myself why Utd finished 8th. Main reasons I think were because of inconsistent results (like beating big name teams and losing to those in the relegation zone) & injuries. Cristiano Ronaldo was out for about 4/5 months total throughout the season, Tevez was injured for a few months too and Rooney lost his form and was only play well at the end of the season. Quite a few other players lost their form & I think not having a solid keeper (bids for Buffon, Akinfeev, Lloris, Doni et al kept getting rejected) cost the team too.

Originally posted by Hitchy:

I'm in the summer transfer window just about to start season 5. Won the league in each of the four previous seasons and won the CL twice (including last year).

I play a 3-4-1-2 formation, but am about to revert back to 4-4-2 as I think the game learns how to counter your tactics after a while. I brought Alves for RB, but can't buy a LB for love nor money.

I offered Juventus £50m for Chilleni and they've rejected. Also tried Lahm, Cristo, Cole and a few others. Can probably get Evra back, but he is now 30. How long does he stay good for?

No patches on my db.

Get Gareth Bale very easy to unsettle for around £15m. Or Traore of Arsenal.

Manchester United January Second Season

Finally arrived at January after having a 2nd game with Tom Tomsk, so it took me a while. 19 Games in and have lost 1! Was also appointed Belgium manager so it takes me some time before i continue the game.

standingsje3.jpg

Transfers

Tried getting in Arda Turan, but he didn't get a work permit so he's out of the question as for now.

Ciprian Tatarusanu came in to become understudy of Bogdan Lobont and i attracted an american and belgian regen.

Gonzalo Pineda wanted to be able to discuss with Atlético Madrid. Hence they kept their intrest up for a year i allowed it and he left me for €5.5M

teamlp1.jpg

Youth Setup

The youth are doing great. Especially the newgens. A couple have had some 1st team chances already as they are storming both u18s and reserves leagues. Just no way stopping them as i played them against Cardiff in a cup game. Just to let you know i won 5-0 with a 15 year old scoring and assisting!

Transfer targets

I feel i need a new Striker since Adriano wants out and handed in a transfer request. (Never let someone who wants out play is my thought, hence he's in the reserves).

A young up & coming AMR could be useful as i've put Eagles on the transfer list.

A new DM since i've never used Hargreaves and have decided to sell him ASAP. Preferably someone who can wait for a chance.

And a new LB is needed as i don't have one available in the youth or reserves! Maybe one who can play both Right Back and Left Back and who would want to sit on the bench!

Transfer targets for...

Striker

Tiago Luis, Artem Milevskiy, Lukas Podolski (Main target), Alex Teixeira, Alexander Prudnikov and Roman Pavlyuchenko (great in Euro08)

Attacking Midfielder Right

Andrey Arshavin, Yoan Gourcuff (out of favour at Milan) and Nicolae Mitea (maybe retrain him)

Defensive Midfielder

Andre Pirlo (out of favour at Milan & interested), Nigel Reo-Coker (Englishman), Gojko Kacar (young and may not dislike the bench) and Miguel Veloso

Left Back

Philip Lahm (obviously), Gareth Bale (will be expensive) and Domenico Criscito (young and capped)

Hints, tips, suggestions and praising are very welcome!

My team is really working well now. Im in my second season and am top of the table 7 poimts ahead of Arsenal and having only drawn two games! I also finished top of my CL group winning all my games, including a 4-0 win at Atletico Madrid!

I only have one problem. Ronaldo. He has been immense. First season, he scored 35 goals, and this season he has 21 in 24! But he cannot play against the terrible teams! He played recently against Blackburn and got a hattrick, then we had the group game against Slavia Prague, and he got a 6! Then he got 2 against Villa and another 9, before a 6 against Chartlon! Its just irritating. Luckily Gignac got a double to sink the relegation favourites.

Does anyone know how to get Benzema? Im on his fave personell, but in the scout reports it still says that he would have no intention!

Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

I only have one problem. Ronaldo. He has been immense. First season, he scored 35 goals, and this season he has 21 in 24! But he cannot play against the terrible teams! He played recently against Blackburn and got a hattrick, then we had the group game against Slavia Prague, and he got a 6! Then he got 2 against Villa and another 9, before a 6 against Chartlon! Its just irritating. Luckily Gignac got a double to sink the relegation favourites.

He does seem to have this once a while for me. Play one week like the world beater he is against a big team like AC Milan or Chelsea. The match after that against a team like Fulham or Leicester, wich should just be a run out he gets a 6 and i win by a late goal or something!

Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

He does seem to have this once a while for me. Play one week like the world beater he is against a big team like AC Milan or Chelsea. The match after that against a team like Fulham or Leicester, wich should just be a run out he gets a 6 and i win by a late goal or something! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily Im not having a problem with scoring against them icon_wink.gif , its just Ronaldo not scoring. Vidic has been a scoring machine this season though! Hes been scoring from Corners, free kicks, and even a couple of screamers from the edge of the area! Im tempted to play him upfront lol. He just got his 14th, 2nd top scorer icon_biggrin.gif

frazza pie;

you will get 14 million pound if you plan to challange for the tiltle and 18 million if you plan to win !

I always bring in youth as the current squad doesnt need many players for the first season !

i bring in the youth of

henri saivet-650k

georginio wijnaldom (not sure how to spell)

younousse sankhare

mamadou sankhare

the one position you should consider improving on is your goalkeeper vds is great for the first season but after that you need a new keeper

i would get hugo lloris straight away you should be able to buy him for about 11 million or you could ask for more money in late august and you will get about 15 million more.

i would sell sysvestre

oshea/brown

kuzckak

park

song

more reserves

saha

realy hope i helped icon_smile.gif

Aargh, I have a problem. Inter just made an offer for Nani of £20m up front, £10m after 1 game, 50% sell on and £30m buy back! So if I bought him back I would be making a £15m profit!

But Rodriguez is injured atm, so I would have to bring in a new winger in Jan - Id be left with Ronaldo, Barnetta and Rooney who can play that, and Id rather play Rooney upfront.

What do people think?

Aargh, I have a problem. Inter just made an offer for Nani of £20m up front, £10m after 1 game, 50% sell on and £30m buy back! So if I bought him back I would be making a £15m profit!

But Rodriguez is injured atm, so I would have to bring in a new winger in Jan - Id be left with Ronaldo, Barnetta and Rooney who can play that, and Id rather play Rooney upfront.

What do people think?

what about jeremy menez ? or if you have enough money sergio aguero

My transfer budget is only 1.5mil thanks to Daniel Alves in the summer. Menez and Guardado are at Liverpool, Matias Fernandez is at Everton. Ive accepted as Ben Arfa was unsettled - Ive made a £20m offer. I think if I can get him, that should encourage Benzema to join him in the summer

Paid £40m for him start of 2nd season. I had been trying to get Ramos all summer, bu then Alves became unsettles, so I went for him instead. Needed a replacement for Neville anyway.

Ive just been thinking that I may be planning to go a bit OTT upfront for next season. I have Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Anderson, Rodriguez, Barnetta, Campbell and Gignac for the 4 attacking spots and was planning on bringing in Ben Arfa, Aguero and Benzema! Which would make 11players for 4 slots! I could get rid of Barnetta, Tevez and Campbell, but what do people think?

I found that when I bought Adriano, it was sometimes difficult to add him in the team along with Rooney & Tevez. This is because I usually play an attacking 4-4-2 formation. If you've still got Cristiano Ronaldo, train him up to be a striker (so you can use him anywhere in midfield and as a striker/center forward) and sell the players who don't play often in the team. I usually rotate the strikers I have and put Frazier Campbell and take turns in having Adriano/Rooney/Tevez on the bench, although I kept Rooney on towards the end of the second season as he was on good form.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Bloody broken transfer system!!! Liverpool made an offer for Benzema and got it accepted at 42m. I have spent the whole two years attempting to become friends with Benzema and Perrin, his manager. Yet when I match Liverpools bid, they demand £66m from me!!! Why? Im on Perrins favoured personnell, why should he favour Liverpool over me! A friend! This is seriously making me want to quit!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Bloody broken transfer system!!! Liverpool made an offer for Benzema and got it accepted at 42m. I have spent the whole two years attempting to become friends with Benzema and Perrin, his manager. Yet when I match Liverpools bid, they demand £66m from me!!! Why? Im on Perrins favoured personnell, why should he favour Liverpool over me! A friend! This is seriously making me want to quit!

The only thing that I can think of is that they (lyon) think of you as a rival (must be CL).

Happens to me a lot when I try to buy Ricahrds after other teams have bids of £25m accepted, and the ask for £60m from me!

Well, he signed a new contract with Lyon and wnt back to no intention of joining... So thats good. Nani rejected Inter, so hes still here, but they made another bid and I managed to up the fee after 1 game to £20m, so if he goes and I were to sign him back I would make £25m icon_biggrin.gif

Archived