FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Navie:

This is absolutely breathtaking, I just beat Arsenal 1-8 away from home, they have come 2nd the last 3 seasons and I absolutely mashed them in true style.

Adebayor was injured and Kolo Toure was unavailable, I had Anderson and Guilherme out who are my 1st choice players.

81ct1.jpg

Can you send me a copy of the tactic you are using mate?

I have been using 4-1-3-1-1 MD Ronaldo tactic, just started a new united game, and can't win a single game.

Rich226402@googlemail.com

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone do me a huge favour?? I know it must get annoying having people ask over and over for tactic, but I am at the point where football manager, laptop, mouse the whole lot are going to get thrown out the window!!!! lol

I'm looking for a good tactic, something that will get the best out of ronaldo. Had been using 4-1-3-1-1 MD RONALDO tactic, but it doesn't seem to work now. It is driving me insane, please someone help me, for the sake of my laptop!!! lol

Thanks guys

Come to the end of the summer transfer window in my 2nd season and here is my final squad for season 2008/09:

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedaugust2xf4.jpg

Transfers In:

Daniel Alves - Sevilla (£15.75m)

Matias Fernandez - Villarreal (£20m)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (£18m)

Transfers Out:

Louis Saha - Tottenham (£5m)

Park Ji-Sung - Palermo (£6m)

Kuszczak - Newcastle (£5m)

Started the season just a little better than last season, gaining 7 points from 4 league games with Chelsea defeating my team at Stamford Bridge. Champions Arsenal have started like a house on fire so I'll have to start stringing a similar run to last season where I went 28 league matches unbeaten.

The draw for the Champions League group stages have placed me in a group with runners-up Barcelona, Feyenoord and Fenerbahce while my players have a chance at revenge in the League Cup as we travel to Anfield to face holders Liverpool.

What do you think of my squad guys after the summer alterations? And is it good enough to bring some silverware back to Old Trafford this season? Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Come to the end of the summer transfer window in my 2nd season and here is my final squad for season 2008/09:

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedaugust2xf4.jpg

Transfers In:

Daniel Alves - Sevilla (£15.75m)

Matias Fernandez - Villarreal (£20m)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (£18m)

Transfers Out:

Louis Saha - Tottenham (£5m)

Park Ji-Sung - Palermo (£6m)

Kuszczak - Newcastle (£5m)

Started the season just a little better than last season, gaining 7 points from 4 league games with Chelsea defeating my team at Stamford Bridge. Champions Arsenal have started like a house on fire so I'll have to start stringing a similar run to last season where I went 28 league matches unbeaten.

The draw for the Champions League group stages have placed me in a group with runners-up Barcelona, Feyenoord and Fenerbahce while my players have a chance at revenge in the League Cup as we travel to Anfield to face holders Liverpool.

What do you think of my squad guys after the summer alterations? And is it good enough to bring some silverware back to Old Trafford this season? Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Yes mate, defenitley. Though see if you can pick up some younger players; saivet, wjindilum, veloso etc.

Originally posted by richburman:

Can someone do me a huge favour?? I know it must get annoying having people ask over and over for tactic, but I am at the point where football manager, laptop, mouse the whole lot are going to get thrown out the window!!!! lol

I'm looking for a good tactic, something that will get the best out of ronaldo. Had been using 4-1-3-1-1 MD RONALDO tactic, but it doesn't seem to work now. It is driving me insane, please someone help me, for the sake of my laptop!!! lol

Thanks guys

Im using this. Its one that I invented and I am unbeaten in 64 in the league. Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season so he does well in that advanced right position. Hes set as the front post man on corners too.

In my second season now going pretty well second in the league by 3 points but with 2 games in hand ! just won the semi final first leg in the champions league v arsenal 1-0 and im in the final of the fa cup against arsenal aswell !

there seems to be a bug in my game everytime i score arsenal always score withn 30 seconds i mean always

also i need a good left winger as guardado is to young imo

Originally posted by jakecullen:

In my second season now going pretty well second in the league by 3 points but with 2 games in hand ! just won the semi final first leg in the champions league v arsenal 1-0 and im in the final of the fa cup against arsenal aswell !

there seems to be a bug in my game everytime i score arsenal always score withn 30 seconds i mean always

also i need a good left winger as guardado is to young imo

Matias Fernandez is quality on the LW. or you can retrain Anderson.

Ben Arfa is also good there.

Halfway through the 2nd season in my United game and here is my squad's progress so far this season:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedjanuarytk0.jpg

The partnership of Rooney and Tevez is just getting better and better following on from last season and both Owen and Defoe are finding it very difficult to dislodge them at the moment. Speaking of Owen, he began pretty much in the same vein as Defoe last season as he struggled from the bench and it got the fans unfairly on his back but he has recently started to show why I paid £18m for him. Of my other two signings Alves and Fernandez, the full-back has been steady so far but Fernandez has been very impressive thus far, chipping in with his fair share of goals and assists. He has surely solved my problem of replacing Giggs long-term. Also, Foster started the season as 1st choice filling in for injured van der Sar and impressed me big time.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionjmm7.jpg

The league table shows my side just a point behind new leaders Chelsea with their success built mainly a very solid defence which has kept 14 clean sheets. Champions Arsenal's strong start faded the moment Fabregas was injured in the defeat to my side at Old Trafford. What has been the most shocking story of the league so far is Liverpool's dangerous game with the relegation zone and their form has been inconsistent to say the least.

My players recovered from defeat away to Barcelona to win the next four games to not only qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League but win the group with a game to spare, which I happened to lose. I have been drawn to face French side Lyon who bought Quagliarella (sp) to France.

My players' quest for revenge against Liverpool was stung in the final minute of a classic 4-3 thriller. That result did'nt matter as the holders went crashing out in the next round to Reading at Anfield. The favourites for the League Cup are clearly Chelsea but you never know what could happen. My bid to go one better in the FA Cup begins in a few days with a home tie against League Two strugglers Macclesfield.

Looking at my squad before, I've decided to give Neville, Giggs and Scholes 1-year extensions on their contracts as I try find suitable replacements for them.

But I'm a little undecided on whether to keep van der Sar at the club for another year. I've offered a new deal to Foster as reward for his promising form at the start of the season. If I was to let van der Sar go, my options include Lloris (offered contract as he is free), Akinfeev and Ustari. Of the three, I favour Akinfeev but Lloris on a free does look tempting especially as I've never had him before on any game.

What do you think of my goalkeeping situation guys and also my progress so far with this season's squad? Thanks for feedback in advance icon14.gif

I'm going to start a new game managing the Red Devils. I want to a 433 tacti and I wonder if anyone has som experience of it, and would like to share some hints and tips.

I also would lika to know if it works with Rooney as a lone forward/striker? Tried that before and has the experience af him not to perform very well as alone on top.

lmrick 433 works well with united if you use 2 wing backs and 2 deeper centre backs and play one cm and 2 wingers with the two strikers up front

gk

cb cb

wb wb

cm

amr aml

st st

with both wing backs with barrows and centre mid with a farrow you

Also rooney is good as a lone striker but not great

good luck mate !!icon_smile.gif

The board are really annoying me at the moment. No matter how many new contracts I get Pique to sign, the board keep accepting bids from other clubs on my behalf.

So I've decided to give up and let him go. Any suggestions on who to replace him with? I'd prefer to sign someone young with great potential just like Pique. I'll be back with a shortlist later as I'm waiting for my scouts. Any suggestions welcome icon14.gif

maybe mamundo sakho if its not to early or you could always buy denilson zapata or retrain hargreaves?

Originally posted by jakecullen:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

The board are really annoying me at the moment. No matter how many new contracts I get Pique to sign, the board keep accepting bids from other clubs on my behalf.

So I've decided to give up and let him go. Any suggestions on who to replace him with? I'd prefer to sign someone young with great potential just like Pique. I'll be back with a shortlist later as I'm waiting for my scouts. Any suggestions welcome icon14.gif

maybe mamundo sakho if its not to early or you could always buy denilson zapata or retrain hargreaves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's okay jakecullen, Pique rejected Inter's contract and decided to stay. But several clubs are sniffing around again and it's unsettling him. We'll see how it pans out.

Halfway through the 2nd season in my United game and here is my squad's progress so far this season:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedjanuarytk0.jpg

The partnership of Rooney and Tevez is just getting better and better following on from last season and both Owen and Defoe are finding it very difficult to dislodge them at the moment. Speaking of Owen, he began pretty much in the same vein as Defoe last season as he struggled from the bench and it got the fans unfairly on his back but he has recently started to show why I paid £18m for him. Of my other two signings Alves and Fernandez, the full-back has been steady so far but Fernandez has been very impressive thus far, chipping in with his fair share of goals and assists. He has surely solved my problem of replacing Giggs long-term. Also, Foster started the season as 1st choice filling in for injured van der Sar and impressed me big time.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionjmm7.jpg

The league table shows my side just a point behind new leaders Chelsea with their success built mainly a very solid defence which has kept 14 clean sheets. Champions Arsenal's strong start faded the moment Fabregas was injured in the defeat to my side at Old Trafford. What has been the most shocking story of the league so far is Liverpool's dangerous game with the relegation zone and their form has been inconsistent to say the least.

My players recovered from defeat away to Barcelona to win the next four games to not only qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League but win the group with a game to spare, which I happened to lose. I have been drawn to face French side Lyon who bought Quagliarella (sp) to France.

My players' quest for revenge against Liverpool was stung in the final minute of a classic 4-3 thriller. That result did'nt matter as the holders went crashing out in the next round to Reading at Anfield. The favourites for the League Cup are clearly Chelsea but you never know what could happen. My bid to go one better in the FA Cup begins in a few days with a home tie against League Two strugglers Macclesfield.

Looking at my squad before, I've decided to give Neville, Giggs and Scholes 1-year extensions on their contracts as I try find suitable replacements for them.

But I'm a little undecided on whether to keep van der Sar at the club for another year. I've offered a new deal to Foster as reward for his promising form at the start of the season. If I was to let van der Sar go, my options include Lloris (offered contract as he is free), Akinfeev and Ustari. Of the three, I favour Akinfeev but Lloris on a free does look tempting especially as I've never had him before on any game.

What do you think of my goalkeeping situation guys and also my progress so far with this season's squad? Thanks for feedback in advance icon14.gif

Forgot to mention the awards regarding my team so this season. I picked up the manager of the month awards for September, October and December. Foster's fantastic early season form earned him the August Player of the Month and new signing Fernandez was voted European Midfielder of the Year.

just finished my third season in charge with a premiership and an fa cup but we lost 2-0 in the champions league final to barca icon_mad.gif

vds is way to old now and foster got off on a bosman so i need a good backupp or maybe competitor for lloris

any ideas?

Forced to start a new United game. Last save in the 2013/14 season is stuck on an old computer which has crashed.

I know this has been asked countless times, but how are people managing to get Ronaldo to score 40/50 goals a season? Can never manage it myself.

I'm looking at Podolski and Kuzmanovic as my first signings. How easy are they to get at the start, and how much will I have to pay for them?

5th Season (11/12) - Won Charity Shield, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League. I am chuffed.

My team is really beginning to mature and I have been blooding youngsters such as Ninis, Saivet, Aquino, Teixiera, Nordveidt and a regen I have called Joe Burke. Nani, Anderson and Walcott are on my bench with the youngens but I rotate well and bring them on as much as I can which seems to keep them happy.

My First team is.

GK - Akinfeev

RB - Ramos

LB - Evra

CB - Vidic

CB - Ferdinand/Nordveidt (Rio is old so fazing him out)

DM - Hargreaves

CM - Aquero

CM - Fernandez

RWF - Rooney

LWF - Ronaldo

FW - Berbatov/Saivet/Teixeira (I am unsure who to go with at the moment).

Subs from - Itandje, Zuiverloon, Walcott, Nani, Anderson, Burke, Ninis, Aquino, Andrew Taylor.

What I need is a new left back to replace Evra who is now 31. I am unsure, might just look for a regen. I have a young Russian regen centre back called Yuri Frolov who looks something special so he is off at Antwerp getting a work permit and then will replace Vidic in a couple of years after I lost out to Chelsea in signing Sahko.

Originally posted by ledzepman:

5th Season (11/12) - Won Charity Shield, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League. I am chuffed.

My team is really beginning to mature and I have been blooding youngsters such as Ninis, Saivet, Aquino, Teixiera, Nordveidt and a regen I have called Joe Burke. Nani, Anderson and Walcott are on my bench with the youngens but I rotate well and bring them on as much as I can which seems to keep them happy.

My First team is.

GK - Akinfeev

RB - Ramos

LB - Evra

CB - Vidic

CB - Ferdinand/Nordveidt (Rio is old so fazing him out)

DM - Hargreaves

CM - Aquero

CM - Fernandez

RWF - Rooney

LWF - Ronaldo

FW - Berbatov/Saivet/Teixeira (I am unsure who to go with at the moment).

Subs from - Itandje, Zuiverloon, Walcott, Nani, Anderson, Burke, Ninis, Aquino, Andrew Taylor.

What I need is a new left back to replace Evra who is now 31. I am unsure, might just look for a regen. I have a young Russian regen centre back called Yuri Frolov who looks something special so he is off at Antwerp getting a work permit and then will replace Vidic in a couple of years after I lost out to Chelsea in signing Sahko.

for a leftback you should get marcelo! hes quality

Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richburman:

Thanks guys

Im using this. Its one that I invented and I am unbeaten in 64 in the league. Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season so he does well in that advanced right position. Hes set as the front post man on corners too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate, will give that a go today. Cheers

I'm halfway through my 1st season with Man U. Transfer wise, i've re-shaped the youth team by getting rid of a lot and bringing a few in such as ninis, torje, stancu, R sneijder, Saivet, Wijnaldum. all seem to be getting better better every game for U18/Reserves.

My 1st team buys are:

Adrien-Dm from Sporting-£1 million

Van Der Vaart-£18 million

Guilherme-£6.5

Modric-£4 m

I was so close to selling ronaldo for 45 million to Inter before the season began but cancelled at last minute and i'm glad i did!!!

doing well in the league with V D Vaart being awesome!! he's my top scorer so far, which leads to main problem...

Rooney and tevez don't score as many goals as i'd like.especially Tevez,this leads to me losing or drawing games i should be wining easily, such as against Derby i lost 1-0 because my strikers couldn't score!! Shal i stick by them or buy someone else in jan window? guilherme is back up at the moment but doing well!

Also, anyone have any tips on buying bojan, i always try but he won't budge!!

thanks

Originally posted by mattowls:

I'm halfway through my 1st season with Man U. Transfer wise, i've re-shaped the youth team by getting rid of a lot and bringing a few in such as ninis, torje, stancu, R sneijder, Saivet, Wijnaldum. all seem to be getting better better every game for U18/Reserves.

My 1st team buys are:

Adrien-Dm from Sporting-£1 million

Van Der Vaart-£18 million

Guilherme-£6.5

Modric-£4 m

I was so close to selling ronaldo for 45 million to Inter before the season began but cancelled at last minute and i'm glad i did!!!

doing well in the league with V D Vaart being awesome!! he's my top scorer so far, which leads to main problem...

Rooney and tevez don't score as many goals as i'd like.especially Tevez,this leads to me losing or drawing games i should be wining easily, such as against Derby i lost 1-0 because my strikers couldn't score!! Shal i stick by them or buy someone else in jan window? guilherme is back up at the moment but doing well!

Also, anyone have any tips on buying bojan, i always try but he won't budge!!

thanks

forgot to add transfers out:

Carrick £15m to real

Saha £4m to spurs

fletcher £6m to spurs

O'shea £5m to pompy

Silvestre £3m to PSG

Funnily enough, never got to 3rd season on FM08 so never know how Guardado. Does look awesome at the beginning though. Sorry could'nt help you more.

Now hopefully you guys can help me out - Lorik Cana is available on a free at the end of the 2nd season and Fletcher is on his last year of his contract. Question is, is Cana good enough to provide emergency cover for Hargreaves and Carrick or should I look elsewhere and spend some money? The other reason for pursuing Cana is that my scouts have always recommended him to me. Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richburman:

Thanks guys

Im using this. Its one that I invented and I am unbeaten in 64 in the league. Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season so he does well in that advanced right position. Hes set as the front post man on corners too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Rio_V:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

Thanks guys

Im using this. Its one that I invented and I am unbeaten in 64 in the league. Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season so he does well in that advanced right position. Hes set as the front post man on corners too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's try that again... icon_razz.gif

Stom...quick question. Tactic looks pretty cool.

Do you use the same tempo all/most of the time? Specifically, when you are playing a team that is parking the bus, do you keep it on quick?

quick update with my squad im in my third season and hae 40 million to spend who should i sign /sell

goal keepers=Hugo Lloris and Oscar Ustari

centre backs= Ferdinand, Vidic, Breno and sakho

left backs=Evra and Evans

rigtbacks=Alves and zaccardo

cntrmids=Johnson,Fletch,Carrik,anderson,Sankhare

right mids=Ronaldo,Walcott

left mids=Andres Guardado,Henri Saivet

strikers= Rooney Teves,adriano and teixera

I got through to the conclusion of the 2nd season in my United game and here's how my squad finished up:

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedmay2009cv5.jpg

Rooney and Tevez's partnership did'nt quite hit the heights of the 1st half of this season as Rooney was injured throughout April and only returned for the Cup Final which hit Tevez's form a little hard as he went through a barren spell in front of goal. At this time, Owen had continued to bang in the goals when needed for the team and has proved a decent signing, despite the supporters' criticism. The central midfield area was somewhat stretched in the 2nd half of the season as Scholes picked up a couple of serious injuries which could mean the end of his regular place in the starting XI. Carrick filled in with some consistent displays while Hargreaves was influential again but an injury allowed Anderson the chance to show what he could do in the business end and he did'nt do too badly. My other summer signings Alves and Fernandez carried on their decent form from the beginning of this season with the latter chipping in with some vital goals late in the season. Ronaldo was fantastic in the 2nd half of this season, scoring some crucial goals and laying on countless assists.

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionmen2.jpg

What I thought was going to be a tight and close title battle turned out being surprisingly easy as my players won the 1st trophy in my United career. The minute I defeated Chelsea at Old Trafford in January, their title challenge collapsed so much that whenever I stuttered for form, they never ever capitalised. The last time they actually won a league match was at the start of March!

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdvarsenalfacupfinafp8.jpg

My players followed up the league success with the FA Cup to clinch the domestic double. As you can see, it was an extraordinary match which went back and forth so much that if it ever happened in real life, I don't think my heart could take it! In the League Cup, Chelsea did end the season with a trophy, beating Wigan 1-0 in the final.

My Champions League challenge was ended at the 1st knockout round by Lyon, who were knocked out by Real Madrid at the quarter-final stage, who then got knocked out by Sevilla in the semis and the lesser of the Spanish giants produced the Champions League's second underdog champions in a row, winning a battle of penalty nerves with Arsenal in Rome. You can imagine that capped an agonising few days for the Gunners. Kind of what I felt like last season. In the UEFA Cup Final, an all French affair saw Bordeaux surprise favourites Marseille in Istanbul.

Now onto my squad and how I can change it for next season's challenges. I desperately want a good crack at the Champions League and I'm very likely to let van der Sar go this summer as no matter how weak the opposition, my team seem to concede to just about anyone and are struggling to keep clean sheets. So I'm on the lookout for a new keeper and Lloris rejected my contract to go to Espanyol. Other candidates include Ustari, Akinfeev, Neuer and Leo Franco (could do worse than this guy). Also offered Fletcher a new deal as Cana's wages are just too much for an emergency cover player. Scholesey's injuries seem to have really caught up with him so another priority is finding a replacement or at least find someone to rotate with Anderson. A few names come to mind like Nasri, van der Vaart and Renato Augusto. I've also got Stancu, who has been on loan at Recreativo, waiting in the wings now in my squad. This could mean the end of Defoe's career at Old Trafford as Stancu clearly looks special. Other youngsters I've got coming through include Fabio, Rafael, Hewson, Marin, Corradini, Barkroth and Saivet.

What do you think my squad's achievements and is a repeat on the cards in the 3rd season or can I win even more trophies? Also what do you think of my transfer targets or is there more players I should be looking at? Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

I forgot the awards regarding my players again icon_mad.gif.

Tevez was named the February Player of the Month while he was part of a United dominated Team of the Year which also included van der Sar, Alves, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Matias Fernandez, Ronaldo and Rooney. Although he did'nt cost me in the end, former player Saha went on to pick up the Premiership Golden Boot. The Footballer of the Year was Rooney, with Tevez and Ronaldo completing the hat-trick in 2nd and 3rd place. The Players' Player of the Year was former United man David Jones, who excelled at Aston Villa while Arsenal's Carlos Vela picked up the Young Player of the Year award. And last but certainly not least, I was named the Manager of the Year for my glorious League and Cup double icon_cool.gif.

Hey there guys. Was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and post your tactics on here. I am playing with united, doing ok, but really want to find a great tactic!! please help guys, I know it must get boring people asking over and over, but would really help out, thanks guys

Hey there guys. Was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and post your tactics on here. I am playing with united, doing ok, but really want to find a great tactic!! please help guys, I know it must get boring people asking over and over, but would really help out, thanks guys

hey man i use croats tactic , i ve won the prem in first season and the treble in the 2nd season. there is a version 2 but you will have to look in this thread for that , hope it works for you

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/7712090963/p/1

I got through to the conclusion of the 2nd season in my United game and here's how my squad finished up:

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedmay2009cv5.jpg

Rooney and Tevez's partnership did'nt quite hit the heights of the 1st half of this season as Rooney was injured throughout April and only returned for the Cup Final which hit Tevez's form a little hard as he went through a barren spell in front of goal. At this time, Owen had continued to bang in the goals when needed for the team and has proved a decent signing, despite the supporters' criticism. The central midfield area was somewhat stretched in the 2nd half of the season as Scholes picked up a couple of serious injuries which could mean the end of his regular place in the starting XI. Carrick filled in with some consistent displays while Hargreaves was influential again but an injury allowed Anderson the chance to show what he could do in the business end and he did'nt do too badly. My other summer signings Alves and Fernandez carried on their decent form from the beginning of this season with the latter chipping in with some vital goals late in the season. Ronaldo was fantastic in the 2nd half of this season, scoring some crucial goals and laying on countless assists.

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionmen2.jpg

What I thought was going to be a tight and close title battle turned out being surprisingly easy as my players won the 1st trophy in my United career. The minute I defeated Chelsea at Old Trafford in January, their title challenge collapsed so much that whenever I stuttered for form, they never ever capitalised. The last time they actually won a league match was at the start of March!

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdvarsenalfacupfinafp8.jpg

My players followed up the league success with the FA Cup to clinch the domestic double. As you can see, it was an extraordinary match which went back and forth so much that if it ever happened in real life, I don't think my heart could take it! In the League Cup, Chelsea did end the season with a trophy, beating Wigan 1-0 in the final.

My Champions League challenge was ended at the 1st knockout round by Lyon, who were knocked out by Real Madrid at the quarter-final stage, who then got knocked out by Sevilla in the semis and the lesser of the Spanish giants produced the Champions League's second underdog champions in a row, winning a battle of penalty nerves with Arsenal in Rome. You can imagine that capped an agonising few days for the Gunners. Kind of what I felt like last season. In the UEFA Cup Final, an all French affair saw Bordeaux surprise favourites Marseille in Istanbul.

Now onto my squad and how I can change it for next season's challenges. I desperately want a good crack at the Champions League and I'm very likely to let van der Sar go this summer as no matter how weak the opposition, my team seem to concede to just about anyone and are struggling to keep clean sheets. So I'm on the lookout for a new keeper and Lloris rejected my contract to go to Espanyol. Other candidates include Ustari, Akinfeev, Neuer and Leo Franco (could do worse than this guy). Also offered Fletcher a new deal as Cana's wages are just too much for an emergency cover player. Scholesey's injuries seem to have really caught up with him so another priority is finding a replacement or at least find someone to rotate with Anderson. A few names come to mind like Nasri, van der Vaart and Renato Augusto. I've also got Stancu, who has been on loan at Recreativo, waiting in the wings now in my squad. This could mean the end of Defoe's career at Old Trafford as Stancu clearly looks special. Other youngsters I've got coming through include Fabio, Rafael, Hewson, Marin, Corradini, Barkroth and Saivet.

What do you think my squad's achievements and is a repeat on the cards in the 3rd season or can I win even more trophies? Also what do you think of my transfer targets or is there more players I should be looking at? Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

Hey guys, just released van der Sar from the club and replaced him with Craig Gordon after my targets Lloris, Akinfeev and Ustari all slipped within my grasp. And after an impressive loan season at Recreativo, Stancu has been promoted to the 1st team, leaving Defoe's future at the club in doubt.

I was wondering if there is anything else that needs changing to the current squad and before anyone suggests Giggs, Scholes and Neville need replacing, I'm aware of that. Definitely Giggs and Scholes are in their final year at the club but Neville's future will be decided at the end of this season.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

I forgot the awards regarding my players again icon_mad.gif.

Tevez was named the February Player of the Month while he was part of a United dominated Team of the Year which also included van der Sar, Alves, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Matias Fernandez, Ronaldo and Rooney. Although he did'nt cost me in the end, former player Saha went on to pick up the Premiership Golden Boot. The Footballer of the Year was Rooney, with Tevez and Ronaldo completing the hat-trick in 2nd and 3rd place. The Players' Player of the Year was former United man David Jones, who excelled at Aston Villa while Arsenal's Carlos Vela picked up the Young Player of the Year award. And last but certainly not least, I was named the Manager of the Year for my glorious League and Cup double icon_cool.gif.

Give Foster a chance in goal, failingthat Enemya (sp) is good and very cheap if he is still at his original team).

Veloso is quality in midfield, with maybe Wjinilum (sp) and Zeefuick as some younger players to bring in. Saivet was quality for me in the 3rd season - he was a super sub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

This is absolutely breathtaking, I just beat Arsenal 1-8 away from home, they have come 2nd the last 3 seasons and I absolutely mashed them in true style.

Adebayor was injured and Kolo Toure was unavailable, I had Anderson and Guilherme out who are my 1st choice players.

81ct1.jpg

Can you send me a copy of the tactic you are using mate?

I have been using 4-1-3-1-1 MD Ronaldo tactic, just started a new united game, and can't win a single game.

Rich226402@googlemail.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry haven't been reading this thread, here is my tactic I posted on the 'Tactics' forum, use that in first few seasons, after that you will have to use 4-4-1-1 (normal 4-4-2 formation but AM behind the FC), the team and player setting are the same for this formation as the 1st one.

You have to switch formations every 4-5 seasons because it becomes ineffectual as the AI adjusts to beat it, I used the 4-5-1 in first 4 seasons, then used 4-4-1 and still using it, i'm on my 7th season now, will use 4-5-1 next season. Hope that helps.

Ok people this is how i'm doing so far, in my 7th season now, played 2 games won 2, won charity shield.

Won the Champions League last season (6th season) again for the 2nd time, been in the final 4 times now in 6 seasons, lost 2 finals though, also won League Cup.

I won the league last season also, which makes it 5 times in a row.

After 6th season:

I sold Tevez for £20.5 million to Chelsea, Guilherme for £30 million to Real Madrid (he wanted to go and wouldn't sign a new contract), also sold Nani for £11 million, sold Ben Foster for £8.75 million

Bought Bojan for £49 million, Armand Traore for £20 and a GK for free from Real Madrid who is as good as Foster.

My bank balance is £192 million with 1.2 million coming in every month for next 18 months from installments, have £180 million to spend on transfers still.

Here is my competition honours:

season7qm8.jpg

I have concluded my summer activities in the transfer market and here is my final squad for season 2009/10:

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedaugust2xs2.jpg

Transfers In:

Craig Gordon - Villarreal (£23m)

Bogdan Stancu - promoted from reserves

Transfers Out:

Jermain Defoe - Tottenham (£6m)

Began the defence of my Premiership crown with an average points haul of 9 from the first 6 league matches, including a defeat away to Chelsea. That setback has put my side in 6th place, 6 points behind surprise leaders Derby.

In the Champions League group stages, my players come up against holders Sevilla, UEFA Cup holders Bordeaux and Maccabi Petach-Tikva, conquerors of Tottenham in the qualifying round. I face an all Premiership tie in the League Cup with Middlesbrough at Old Trafford.

What do you think of my squad for the 3rd season in my United game guys? And can it build on last year's Premiership and FA Cup double success? Any feedback much appreciated icon14.gif.

I'm going to finish a season that I'm playing against a mate of mine over the internet tonight. I'm top of the league with about 6 games left and in the semi's of the CL.

Things are getting tight though (top on goal difference).

More nervous than normal as I want to win both as my mate (playing as Chelsea) are out of both.

Would people change tactics slightly for the run in, now things are tight?

I play a 4-4-2 with: VDS; Nev, Ferd, Vidic, Evra; Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Scholes, Fernandez; Owen, Rooney.

Recently I've dropped Rooney and played Giggs just behind Owen, and he has done well there.

What do you guys do in the run in when things are getting tight?

cheers. I try and rotate mid season as well (and the cups). So my players are all in good shape at the moment, the problem is though that I have the added pressure of wanting to win the league as it's a game that my mate is playing with me.

Also, as he is Chelsea he has loads of money and I think I'll only get a half decent transfer budget if I win things. So there's the added presure of that.

When things get tight I trust my youngens.

Teixeira, Nordveidt, Ninis, Saivet, Aquino, Joe Burke (regen) are all players I can trust but none are beyond 21. It is about blooding them slowly, boosting their confidence, and then bring them into the side.

Hello all, i have been playing my Man Utd save for a while now and have been pretty successful with 2 european trophies, 5 times prem champions and one FA cup.

However, after winning the champions league this year, i was told in the media i was a "miricle maker" and it was amazing i had won the champions league with the players at my disposal, is this saying my squad is weak?

here is a screenshot, i have 99 million to spend this summer, any ideas? would be much appriciated, thanks in advance. oh, and i also play 4 defence, one midfield, 3 attacking midfield, and 2 strikers.

Got abit of a problem! I play either 4-2-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1.

I've just got Obi Mikel on a free, meaning my current midfield is-

Veloso, Hargreaves, Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Wilshere and now Mikel!

Abit stocked, would think of getting rid of Carrick, but hes my favourite United player!

Archived