FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jsut started a new game with man utd squad doesnt need a great deal ive bought adrien and veloso from sporting and fleck from rangers any other ideas where i might strengthen i was thinking maybe right bak and goalkeeper

great squad how is saivet getting along for you ?

Saivet has been doing pretty well, however Rooney and Givanildo have been on fire this season and with tevez as back up he's hardly played. In previous seasons he has done very well being my first choice striker, but now im unsure what to do with him, think maybe a loan out for a season? it seems a waste him sitting on the bench or not being selected. any suggestions?

Originally posted by 7dmc:

jsut started a new game with man utd squad doesnt need a great deal ive bought adrien and veloso from sporting and fleck from rangers any other ideas where i might strengthen i was thinking maybe right bak and goalkeeper

I always buy a striker in the first year - normally Owen. If you can't afford him try Stancu. Also, try and get some youth in, for a couple of years time. Sahko, Saivet, Wjindilum, Jose Baxter.

Originally posted by edosimon:

The current Man Utd strikers are small and not very good in the air.

Do you guys have any suggestions for strikers who can win a lot of headers, hold up the ball etc?

Kind of like the successor to RVN?

Thx icon_biggrin.gif

Zeefuick (can't remember if he's from Ajax or PSV). Too young in first season, but turns out to be quality. First year loan him to Walsall. You can pick him up for £300-400 in the first year and slightly more after that.

Originally posted by curtley-jack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> great squad how is saivet getting along for you ?

Saivet has been doing pretty well, however Rooney and Givanildo have been on fire this season and with tevez as back up he's hardly played. In previous seasons he has done very well being my first choice striker, but now im unsure what to do with him, think maybe a loan out for a season? it seems a waste him sitting on the bench or not being selected. any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn'y loan Tevez out - he's far too good. If you do though make sure you put in a recall option so you can get him back if one of your first choice is injured.

Hi there!

Progressing with my Man Utd game now, I'd like to keep it as realistic as possible and buy players that I actually rate in real life!

So, my first season-

Went well! Won the league! No transfer to make note of. Also won the Champions Leauge, FA Cup and Carling cup!

icon_biggrin.gif

Second Season-

Again won the leauge, and the Carling cup! This was my first BIG transfer window, transfers are as followed-

transfers2008pp1.th.jpg

Third-

Lost out on the Leauge due to some bad form, won the Carling Cup though, and also the FA Cup!

Was very quiet in terms of transfers, managed to get Theo Walcott for free though!!

Fourth-

More like it! Won the Leauge and came runners up in the Champions Leauge! Also won the FA Cup

Sold Tevez for £28.5M too, not my favourite player...

Fith-

Got John Obi Mikel for free and Iago, Mikel was astounding and got me a Premier Leauge crown, and a FA Cup crown. Again second in Champs Leauge.

Sixth-

Now Im here, Just managed to get Pato for free!!!

Sold Mikel for £30M, and Iago for £5M

Looking good icon_smile.gif

teammantudbi9.th.jpg

well im amazed, going into my 4th season at utd and i ve managed to get bojan & van der vaart both on bosmans and no other clubs put a offer in. so my buisness is done and i aint spent a penny icon_biggrin.gif

I'm looking for the best 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 formation to use with Man Utd. I'm using Heath/ronaldo's 41311 at the moment but it's an extremely open tactic and it means i get exposed sometimes against big teams.

I'm looking for a back-up formation that i can use in the 4-2-3-1 mould. Something like a formation based around using a target man like a lone front man like Huntelaar.

So guys whats the best 4-2-3-1 formation?

Originally posted by richburman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Richburman here is the link I missed to my tactic, sorry.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/5292047704

Thanks mate! will give it a go now. See how it works out. Could you put a link to the 4-4-1-1 tactic you change it to as well please mate?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks like this:

FC

^ AM ^

ML MC MC MR

DL DC DC DR

GK

At the end of the 2013/2014 season. Won the league with about 8 games to spare. Have now won the Premiership 3 years on the trot. My team is really beginning to come together. Have won the champs leagyue 3 out of the last 4 years and am about to play Barca in the semis this year.

My team is as follows...

GK - Akinfeev

RB - Ramos

LB - Evra

CB - Vidic

CB - Nordtveidt

DMC - Burke

CM - Aguero

CM - Fernandez

RWF - Rooney

LWF - Ronaldo

ST - Saivet

Subs - Ninis, Teixiera, Bejan, Aquino and others. Loads of youngens are coming through, I have a very exciting squad!!

Whats the best formation for united using a 4-4-2. I.E. 4-4-2 with defensive mid and centre mid ?? or is a 4-3-3 best ?? I normally play 4-3-3 but rooney doesnt get many goals out of it he needs a partner any ideas for the best partner with him ?? Huntelar ? Vela ??

Thanks for any responses :D:D

I'm looking for the best 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 formation to use with Man Utd. I'm using Heath/ronaldo's 41311 at the moment but it's an extremely open tactic and it means i get exposed sometimes against big teams.

I'm looking for a back-up formation that i can use in the 4-2-3-1 mould. Something like a formation based around using a target man like a lone front man like Huntelaar.

So guys whats the best 4-2-3-1 formation?

Ive used this: http://files.filefront.com/StomManU1+Man+Utd+Jul+2009tac/;10823061;/fileinfo.html

It worked wonders for me, Ronaldo got eighty or ninety goals in the first two seasons, so all good!

It was a formation I made up myself, its not perfect but it seems to do the job

Actually don't matter made my own tactic and seems to be going great just hammered chelski 5-1 at the bridge just a quick question, how do you get bojan?? i mean i've got him on loan but after this season can i make it permanent ??

Whats the best formation for united using a 4-4-2. I.E. 4-4-2 with defensive mid and centre mid ?? or is a 4-3-3 best ?? I normally play 4-3-3 but rooney doesnt get many goals out of it he needs a partner any ideas for the best partner with him ?? Huntelar ? Vela ??

Thanks for any responses :D:D

Rooney never worked well with Vela for me. He's decent with Aguero, Tevez, Rossi etc. etc.

I'm gonna try and pair him up with Huntelaar, first time i've bought him loads of people go on about how he is a great target man and goal scorer gonna try him as target man and rooney playing along side him. I'll tell ya if there a good partnership :D

Huntelaar isn't much of a targetman. He's incredibly similar to RVN in that he's just a poacher who's decent in the air, decent technically and has decent pace. He may score a few goals with Rooney supplying.

Am currently in the 09/10 season and am in need of advice with my squad. would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on where i can improve, who i can sign, who i should sell etc. The squad is as follows:

GK - Akinfeev/ VDS

DR - Alves/ Brown

DL - Evra/ O'Shea

DC - Rio/ Sakho

DC - Vidic

AMR - Ronaldo/ Cesar Villaluz

AML - Nani/ Sergio Mota

DMC - Veloso/ Hargreaves

AMC - Matias Fernandez/ Anderson

FC - Rooney/ Saivet

FC - Tevez/ Victor Moses

Subs:

Ledley

Kenan Kodro

Manucho

Saha

Barkroth

Cathcart

Welbeck

Out on Loan:

Kieran Lee

Pichu Atienza

Thiago (from barcelona)

Wijnaldum

Nordin Amrabat

Let me know what you think and where I can improve. Cheers

Marcelo is one of the worst left backs in the history of left backs. Good winger, dire left back. And I reckon Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Villa, Pazzini would all be decent partners because they can all have pace, some strength and can finish well but the best partner for Rooney for me is Owen. He finishes off chances created by Rooney so well and slips in a couple for Rooney too.

Any recommendations for an out and out striker. Just started United save and I've signed pretty much everyone i wanted apart from a striker, was looking at Gyan but they keep rejecting. I roughly about 8 million and am looking for someone fast who would compliment Tevez/Rooney! Hope someone replies properly unlike last time when i just got an earful about posting in the wrong bloody part :) and how i have a guy called Ronaldo ... like I'll forget :p !

Finished third season at Man U and won the Premiership and UEFA cup. So far, I've sold Rooney to Roma, Ronaldo (sold for over £35m with clauses) & Tevez to Juventus and Nani went to Arsenal (for around £23m with clauses). Also sold Fletcher, Carrick (to Newcastle), Frazier Campbell and released a few players on free transfers too.

Brought in Van Der Vaart (for £20m), Podolski (for £9m, which was a bargain as he's been quality so far), Piatti (for around £12m), James Vaughan (£20m from Everton and after an average start he's on good form with 10 goals already [in October now in fourth season], Akinfeev (£30m), Arshavin (£8m), Alves (£7.75m), Zapata (£26m) and Hamsik (for £17m).

Now in fourth season and won Community Shield & European Super Cup so far. Here's my team and records (my manager name in FM is Jurgen Klinsmann):

manusquadvy9.th.jpg

honorspr0.th.jpg

Good point but the main reason I sold Ronaldo was because he kept saying he wanted to leave for some time and as his status was 'unhappy' most of the time his form was affected so instead of getting 8's and 9's he was averaging around a mid 6/occasional 7. Van Der Vaart has been a quality replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo and as he's happy at the club has been more consistent too.

If you would to of praised him individually and offered him a new contract he would of or i think been "Happy" happened to me Mancini kept doing it to me he was unsettled and unhappy i done this and he signed a new 5 year deal :D

Finished third season at Man U and won the Premiership and UEFA cup. So far, I've sold Rooney to Roma, Ronaldo (sold for over £35m with clauses) & Tevez to Juventus and Nani went to Arsenal (for around £23m with clauses). Also sold Fletcher, Carrick (to Newcastle), Frazier Campbell and released a few players on free transfers too.

Brought in Van Der Vaart (for £20m), Podolski (for £9m, which was a bargain as he's been quality so far), Piatti (for around £12m), James Vaughan (£20m from Everton and after an average start he's on good form with 10 goals already [in October now in fourth season], Akinfeev (£30m), Arshavin (£8m), Alves (£7.75m), Zapata (£26m) and Hamsik (for £17m).

Now in fourth season and won Community Shield & European Super Cup so far. Here's my team and records (my manager name in FM is Jurgen Klinsmann):

manusquadvy9.th.jpg

honorspr0.th.jpg

Terrible, terrible decisions. Selling Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani and Carrick? You've massacred the team. And for peanuts too. Ronaldo can be sold for upwards of £80m whilst Nani is a £30m+ player. Bad buys too. Vaughan? Alves? Your other buys are decent but massively inflated such as VDV who is usually available for around £10m, Piatti whilst being an amazing player can be bought for 100k and isn't worth £12m, Vaughan is decent but worth at most £8m while Akinfeev for £30m is just ridiculous. He's worth £15m at most. Also Alves is just not needed at all. Zapata and Hamsik are good buys but a bit inflated again. I have Piatti, Zapata and Hamsik for Udinese and they are fffffb but you've paid too much for everyone except Arshavin and Podolski-who is a pretty good value buy.

And sell Nani. Now. That's a brilliant offer.

Ronaldo will complain every once in a while... bring in someone better than him and he'll shut up trying to make the first team. I brought in Messi and silva, both vastly more versatile than Ronaldo, and he hasn't complained since. Of course I also won everything there is to win every season.... But generally every player will be "unhappy" in the first couple of seasons, they see you as unexperienced, especially if you fail to win the prem and champions league the first year.

You must be doing badly. And you should never reject bids. Always negotiate to an idiotic price. Like £100m. If they might pay that, add a few extras. And just keep him. Unless you can get someone like Messi or Silva for much less than they'd pay you. He'll get over it if you leave it awhile. Then offer him a new contract.

Barcelona just offer me a deal for Evra in exchange of Kompany + $20M after 24 months. I'm in year 2010. Should I accept it? It's very tempting. For DL I have Taiwo, Pander and Sakho in my squad. So should I?

Never sell evra :( He's the best left back on the game if you use him right. Sakho can take over once he's 21, but that's still a while to go. Kompany is useless in most of my games, you've got pique, cathart, evans, rio, vida, brown (unless you sold him) who are all in my personal opinion better than Kompany.

Barcelona just offer me a deal for Evra in exchange of Kompany + $20M after 24 months. I'm in year 2010. Should I accept it? It's very tempting. For DL I have Taiwo, Pander and Sakho in my squad. So should I?

Let me show you guys their stats

kompanyvf7.jpg

evrafp6.jpg

how u guys get messi? im in my fourth season now and i have offered so much money that everytime the board accept... BUT HE DOESNT WANT TO COME OVER? how u all do that??? to ask him to come.. i dun get it...

my squad has

kameni

evra,taiwo

breno vidic

rio vidal

cassani barragan

carrick martinez hargvease anderson benega benzerga

ronaldo nani ribery park

tevez ronney jovetic bostock

who should i buy ?

Ronaldo will complain every once in a while... bring in someone better than him and he'll shut up trying to make the first team. I brought in Messi and silva, both vastly more versatile than Ronaldo, and he hasn't complained since. Of course I also won everything there is to win every season.... But generally every player will be "unhappy" in the first couple of seasons, they see you as unexperienced, especially if you fail to win the prem and champions league the first year.
You must be doing badly. And you should never reject bids. Always negotiate to an idiotic price. Like £100m. If they might pay that, add a few extras. And just keep him. Unless you can get someone like Messi or Silva for much less than they'd pay you. He'll get over it if you leave it awhile. Then offer him a new contract.

i think i set the transfer status to reject all offers, i will change that, and put ridiciulous bid to scare them off.

I got silva at 35m++, buyout clause. if not gotta pay insanse high transfer fee to get him.

And also i had win every cup that are there to offer. hehe. Maybe ronaldo want a new challenge. haha. after winning 2 seasons of treble.

Never sell evra :( He's the best left back on the game if you use him right. Sakho can take over once he's 21, but that's still a while to go. Kompany is useless in most of my games, you've got pique, cathart, evans, rio, vida, brown (unless you sold him) who are all in my personal opinion better than Kompany.

haha im using the latest fm wedgie patch, pique is no longer there, had transfered to barca.

Archived