FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok .. the saha trick .

play him on the left wing with rooney up front .

but have rooney running back aand saha running into rooneys departed space .

13 goals and im in mid october .

not bad ey ?

he is no longer my top scorer though due to a lad called ronaldo .

he is very good at penalties and my team are very good at winning them .

TRY SAHA !

The first month after the summer transfer window in my 2nd season of my United save has just been concluded and here are my squad's results for September 2008:

Aston Villa (H) - (Premier League) - W 3-1

Werder Bremen (H) - (Champions League) - W 4-1

Derby (A) - (Premier League) - W 4-1

Cardiff (H) - (League Cup) - W 5-2

Middlesbrough (Premier League) - W 4-2

Now to my top 5 performers so far this season:

Tevez - 10 apps, 11 goals, 7 assists, 7.60 av. rating

Rooney - 10 apps, 9 goals, 6 assists, 7.50 av. rating

Hargreaves - 7 apps, 1 goal, 3 assists, 7.43 av. rating

van der Sar - 9 apps, 0 assists, 3 clean sheets, 7.33 av. rating

Scholes - 11 apps, 1 goal, 4 assists, 7.18 av. rating

Here is my squad's progress for each position:

Goalkeepers: Although van der Sar did'nt keep a clean sheet this month, he was still able to produce some excellent performances in goal, especially in the games against Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. Still looking 1st choice, defying his age of 37 but still, the more experience the better you are. Understudy Foster was present for the League Cup tie against Cardiff and did his job with the minimum of fuss. Looks solid enough to be called upon if van der Sar gets struck by injury.

Defence: September saw new signing Cassani snatch the right-back slot from Neville and the Italian has'nt disappointed thus far in his United career with a number of accomplished displays. Neville played in the League Cup tie and showed that his confidence has'nt been dented by the omission and continues to show the same professionalism in his performances. Due to Pique's exertions with the Spain under-21 squad, Vidic was given an opportunity to get back to match fitness alongside Ferdinand and was typically agressive in his approach, despite his obvious lack of games. Pique returned to grab his 1st ever goal for the club at Middlesbrough and partner Ferdinand also notched a goal against Werder Bremen. Evra has been ever enthusiastic going down the left flank but his excitement cost him a little bit late on at Middlesbrough when he conceded a penalty to blot an otherwise consistent month. Back-up Silvestre continues to impress when given the rare chance as he scored in the League Cup against Cardiff while O'Shea has again been used from the bench and has'nt put a foot wrong.

Midfield: The central midfield partnership of Hargreaves and Scholes is finally beginning to gel perfectly. Hargreaves showed his willingness to go forward again as he scored a stunning goal against Werder Bremen as well as setting up goals in the same game and against Aston Villa. Scholes showed his creative influence against Aston Villa too, setting up two goals for his team-mates. The wingers Ronaldo and Fernandez have enjoyed fairly good performances as the former set up a goal against Werder Bremen while the latter's beautifully placed free-kick at Derby opened the scoring. The wingers' back-up Nani and Giggs enjoyed giving Cardiff's defence the runaround as Nani set up four of the five goals while Giggs set up the other goal. Anderson was used mainly from the bench in September and made an impact against Werder Bremen, making an assist almost immediately. Carrick has been used sparingly from the bench and has'nt done much wrong when brought on. The only midfielder who has'nt been used this month is Fletcher but should get his chance somewhere down the line this season.

Attack: I think it's fair to say that the partnership between Rooney and Tevez is looking frighteningly good in the early stages of the season. The pair scored 11 goals between them in September and were both creative forces as well, setting up a combined 5 goals. But this form does'nt really effect Owen at the moment as he made use of the spare chances he got last month, coming on to score against Werder Bremen. Summer signing Stancu showed some real potential against Cardiff, producing two goals to set the team on the way to victory. Judging by the manner of the two strikes, it seems he has been receiving some guidance on powerful finishing from tutor Rooney.

Here are the summaries of the competitions throughout September 2008:

http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionsep9.jpg

In the League, my players have carried on their decent start to the season with a 100% record in September and scoring plenty of goals too. They lead the table with a couple of games still in hand but this is just a start, they need to keep it going. Portsmouth's form has stalled after a nice unbeaten start but champions Chelsea have picked themselves up after an uncertain start. Speaking of uncertain starts, Arsenal have not begun the campaign in great fashion while Liverpool are a work in progress so far. At the other end, the three promoted teams along with Derby are the early strugglers in the League this season.

Premier League Top 5 Goalscorers:

Yakubu (Everton) - 8

Tevez (Man Utd) - 7

Elano (Man City) - 6

Cani (Newcastle) - 6

Rooney (Man Utd) - 6

Premier League Monthly Awards:

Player of the Month - Given (Newcastle)

Young Player of the Month - Lennon (Tottenham)

Manager of the Month - Khan (Man Utd)

In the first game of the Champions League group stages, my players despatched Werder Bremen at Old Trafford to top the group. Here are the how the other groups have begun as my side prepare to travel to the Ukraine:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=europeanchampionscupseprr3.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=europeanchampionscupsepan2.jpg

As you can see, my players began the defence of the League Cup with a comfortable victory over Cardiff at Old Trafford. Here are the other results from the League Cup 3rd Round:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishleaguecupthirdrohb7.jpg

The 4th Round Draw has seen my side drawn with Championship bottom side Burnley, with the tie to be played at Turf Moor. Here is how the draw is shaping up in full:

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishleaguecupfourthrfh7.jpg

Any advice and feedback much appreciated.

Anyone fed up with Ronaldo?

Hes amazing for my team, but his real life antics has got me angry. So hes 30 now, and I just sold him for £30M to Arsenal.

I know its a bad move, but Im glad to get rid of him!

the only thing that annoys me about ronaldo (not being a man u fan) is his poor fitness. every third game his fitness is down to 92/93. anybody know any way to prevent/lessen this?

If you really want to lessen it you could lower the intensity of his training or rotate him but if you keep playing him match after match with high intensity training than this is goig to happen.

I'm now in season 6 with Manchester United and my team is fantastic!

I have won EPL 4 times, CL 3 times and FA Cup 4 times and many another small titles.

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=titlesgo7.jpg

My all transfer in and out so far are this:

IN

16.07.2007 - Miquel Veloso from Sporting CP - £12.75M

17.07.2007 - Aquino from Murcia - £210K

17.07.2007 - Carlos Sáez from Rayo - £95K

18.07.2007 - Matthieu Saunier from Bordeaux - Free

18.07.2007 - Mamadou Sakho from Paris SG - Free

18.07.2007 - Henri Saivet from Bordeaux - Free

20.07.2007 - Georginio Wijnadum from Feyenoord - £600K

25.07.2007 - Oded Gavish from M. Petach-Tikva - Free

01.01.2008 - Marko Matic from AZ - £35K

01.01.2008 - Birkir Bjarnason from Viking - Free

29.01.2008 - Diogo Rosado from Sporting - £5K

01.07.2008 - Jose Baxter from Everton - Free

05.07.2008 - Luke Freeman from Arsenal - £85K

20.08.2008 - Marcelo from Real Madrid - £5.5M

25.08.2008 - Guilherme from Cruzeiro - £12.75M

01.07.2009 - Joao Moutinho from Sporting CP - £13.25M

01.07.2009 - Joe Hart from Man City - P/ex

01.07.2009 - Theo Walcott from Arsenal - Free

01.07.2009 - Lionel Messi from Barcelona - £40.5M

03.07.2009 - Rafinha from Schalke - £13M

11.07.2009 - Manuel Neuer from Schalke - £13.25M

01.07.2010 - Neymar from Santos - Free

31.07.2010 - Ruud van Nistelrooy Free Transfer

20.08.2010 - Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff - £500K

01.01.2011 - Gérson from Gremio - £60K

01.07.2011 - Kasper Schmeichel Free Transfer

11.07.2011 - Bojan from Barcelona - £51M

23.07.2011 - Micah Richards from Man City - £30M

09.08.2012 - Alberto Zapater from Zaragoza - £27M

OUT

01.07.2008 - Tomasz Kuszczak to Portsmouth - £7M

01.07.2008 - David Gray to Tranmere - Free

01.07.2008 - Seán Evans - Free Transfer

15.07.2008 - Darren Fletcher to Everton - £12M

04.08.2008 - Louis Saha to Portsmouth - £2M

07.08.2008 - Mikaël Silvestre to Newcastle - £1.2M

16.08.2008 - John O'Shea to Newcastle - £4.7M

01.07.2009 - Sam Hewson to Cardiff - Free

01.07.2009 - Daniel Drinkwater to Preston - Free

01.07.2009 - Ben Foster to Man City - £2.5M P/Ex

19.07.2009 - Ji-Sung Park to Sampdoria - £3.1M

22.07.2009 - Kenny Strickland to Wolves £90K

23.07.2009 - Lee Martin to Swindon - £2.1M

01.01.2010 - James Chester to Charlton - Free

02.01.2010 - Carlos Tevez to Valencia - £20.5M

08.01.2010 - Patrice Evra to AC Milan - £14.5M

01.07.2010 - Magnus Eikrem to Racing - Free

01.07.2010 - Marko Matic to Heerenveen - Free

01.07.2010 - Gary Woods to Sunderland - Free

01.07.2010 - Dong Fangzhuo Free Transfer

01.01.2011 - Ritchie Jones to Hull £1.3M

01.01.2011 - Chris Eagles to Watford - £2.4M

06.01.2011 - Conor McCormack to Southend - £1.1M

06.01.2011 - Mark Laws to Cardif - £50K

06.01.2011 - Kieran Lee to Middlesbrough - £2.5M

07.01.2011 - Antonio Bryan to Shrewsbury - £140K

07.01.2011 - Greg Jones to Dag & Red - £20K

07.01.2011 - David Chapman to Mansfield - £20K

09.01.2011 - Oded Gavish Free Transfer

10.01.2011 - Niki-Lee Bulmer to Morecambe - £20K

12.01.2011 - Michael Lea to Notts Co - £55K

14.01.2011 - Gavin Taylor to Torquay - £1K

14.01.2011 - Scott Moffatt to Plymouth - £20K

15.01.2011 - Wes Brown to Fulham - Loan

16.01.2011 - Conor Devlin to Colchester - £12K

16.01.2011 - Frazer Campell to Blackburn - £1M

16.01.2011 - Chris Curran to Notts Co - £130K

21.01.2011 - Theo Walcott to Tottenham - £10M

22.01.2011 - Richard Eckersley to St Mirren - £190K

22.01.2011 - Nicky Ajose to Leeds - £100K

01.07.2011 - Craig Cathcart to Hearts - Free

01.07.2011 - Matthew James to Aberdeen - Free

01.07.2011 - Joshua King to Kongsvinger - Free

01.07.2011 - Robert Brady to Celtic - Free

01.07.2011 - Federico Macheda to Fulham - Free

01.07.2011 - Ben Amos to Watford - Free

01.07.2011 - Tom Cleverley to Ebbsfleet - Free

01.07.2011 - Reece Brown to Scunthorpe - Free

01.07.2011 - Rio Ferdinand, Manucho, Heaton, Norwood all Free Transfer

01.07.2011 - Joe Hart to Reading - £3.4M

22.07.2011 - Guilherme to Barcelona - £10M

21.08.2011 - Wes Brown to Derby - £825K

01.01.2012 - Michael Barnes to Hibernian - £50K

01.01.2012 - Rafinha to Tottenham - £14M

01.01.2012 - Febian Brandy to Fulham - £2.5M

20.01.2012 - Jonny Evans to Aston Villa - £10M

01.07.2012 - Chris Fagan to Barnsley - Free

01.07.2012 - Daniel Galbraith to Portsmouth - £2.6M

01.07.2012 - Darron Gibson Free Transfer

02.07.2012 - Oliver Gill to Motherwell - Free

11.07.2012 - Jordan Davis to Southamptin - £160K

19.07.2012 - Marcelo to Inter - £20M

10.08.2012 - Michael Carrick to West Ham £5.25M

My team:

GK: Neuer / Schmeichel

DR: Richards / Simpson

DC: Vidic / Pique / Sahko

DL: Fabio

DM: Veloso / Possebon / Hargreaves / Zapater

AM: Moutinho / Anderson / Ramsey

MR: Messi / Nani

ML: Ronaldo / Auino

FC: Rooney / Bojan / Welbeck

I Won also World Cup with England in 2012..

Its been ages since I visited the forums. I even forgot my password.

I have entered the 10th season in my legendary Man Utd. save. Still using the aging Rooney, Ronaldo & Matias Fernandez to a great effect. Rooney is now England's all time high - scorer with most appearances. He's also broken Sir Bobby Charlton's record for 199 league goals. There's so much to talk abt. Will post later.

I have just come to the end of October 2008 on my United save and here are my team's results:

Shakhtar (A) - (Champions League) - W 2-1

Blackburn (H) - (Premier League) - D 0-0

Bristol City (A) - (Premier League) - D 1-1

Paris Saint-Germain (A) - (Champions League) - W 4-3

Portsmouth (H) - (Premier League) - W 5-0

Burnley (A) - (League Cup) - W 3-0

And here are my top 5 performers so far this season:

Hargreaves - 13 apps, 1 goal, 5 assists, 7.38 av. rating

van der Sar - 14 apps, 0 assists, 5 clean sheets, 7.36 av. rating

Ronaldo - 13 apps, 1 goal, 6 assists, 7.31 av. rating

Fernandez - 14 apps, 5 goals, 1 assist, 7.21 av. rating

Tevez - 16 apps, 12 goals, 7 assists, 7.19 av. rating

Now to my squad's progress so far this season for each position:

Goalkeepers: As you can see, van der Sar has been one of my most consistent players thus far and his performances against Shakhtar and Portsmouth were outstanding. Just proves keepers get better with age and can play on longer than outfield players. Understudy Foster was given his opportunity to impress in the League Cup tie at Burnley and did'nt have much to do as his attacking team-mates ensured he was a spectator for the majority, therefore keeping a clean sheet.

Defence: The central defence of Ferdinand and Pique has been effective and solid, with only lack of concentration against Paris Saint-Germain almost costing the side any points. The full-backs Cassani and Evra were solid too and produced excellent displays in the victories over Burnley and Portsmouth respectively, each laying on an assist for their team-mates. The only other defenders to taste action in October were Silvestre and O'Shea who both were used from the bench and played admirably - O'Shea came on to set up a goal against Burnley. Vidic, Brown and Neville all failed to see any football and may start to fear for their futures at the club if the situation does'nt change.

Midfield: October saw Fernandez start to show why I paid £16.75m for him. He opened the scoring against both Shakhtar and Portsmouth before slaying Burnley with two thunderous strikes to complete a highly productive month. His mate on the right wing Ronaldo was equally productive last month but only this time, he was laying on goals instead of scoring them. He set up both goals in the Ukraine, two in Paris and another goal against Portsmouth. Hargreaves and Scholes seem to be growing from strength to strength at the moment as Scholes scored great goals in Paris and against Portsmouth while Hargreaves set up goals against Portsmouth and at Burnley. Both Giggs and Anderson have been used mainly from the bench in October and they made vital contributions to the team. Giggs came on to grab the priceless winner in the Ukraine while Anderson set up a goal in the fightback in Paris. Carrick made just the one substitute appearance last month, coming on to try and get a winner at Bristol City. Fletcher and Nani both missed out on action but should get their chance in the months to come.

Attack: It was a strange month for my strikers last month as both Rooney and Tevez started to struggle a little bit, which is understandable given the start they made to the season. But they both scored goals towards the end of the month to show that it was hopefully a blip. The striker that made a huge impact in October was Owen even if all his action was from the bench. He came on to turn a defeat into a victory within minutes in Paris and then notched another goal at Burnley. Stancu did'nt see any action this month but must'nt worry too much yet - the main strikers were needed in October.

Here are the summaries of the competitions in October 2008:

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionoaa3.jpg

In the League, my blistering start stalled with the draws against Blackburn and Bristol City before thrashing Portsmouth at Old Trafford to end the month on a winning note. Chelsea have climbed to top spot for the moment as I have two games in hand on them - that will have to wait though as my next league game comes at Stamford Bridge in a true test of my side's title credentials. Everton have made a good start to the season as well as Tottenham, Bolton and Portsmouth gather behind them. But the biggest shock has to be Arsenal's start as they hother just above the relegation zone with Derby and the promoted sides all down there with them.

Premier League Top 5 Goalscorers:

Yakubu (Everton) - 10

Elano (Man City) - 9

Utaka (Portsmouth) - 8

Tevez (Man Utd) - 8

Rooney (Man Utd) - 8

Premier League Monthly Awards:

Player of the Month - O'Brien (Bolton)

Young Player of the Month - Dzsudzsak (Blackburn)

Manager of the Month - Coppell (Bolton)

In the Champions League group stages, my team negotiated away games against Shakhtar and Paris Saint-Germain where I was 3-1 down at half-time. My players top the group and here is the progress of the other groups at the halfway stage:

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=europeanchampionscupocttn3.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=europeanchampionscupoctmg4.jpg

As you can see, my players got past Burnley at Turf Moor quite easily in the League Cup 4th Round. The Quarter-Final draw is yet to be made so I will have that for you in the next monthly report. Anyway, here are the other results from the League Cup 4th Round:

http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishleaguecupfourthrrp8.jpg

Any advice and feedback much appreciated.

After a weekend away from FM due to bloody work, I have now got a man-flu (a cold) so much FM time is on the way in the coming days!

Happy reading..................

I've gone through the summer transfer window at the start of my second season and I'm now on the eve of my first Champions League Game of the season. There has been a fair bit of transfer activity, but most of it because of players leaving the club rather than players coming in. I didn't really add to the positions I had hoped to at the end of last season, (Goalkeeper, Right-back, Left-back), and instead chose to pretty much stick with the squad I already had.

Players Out;

Jonny Evans - £41million (£1million upfront with £40million after 1 international appearance) - Arsenal

Tomasz Kuszczak - £8million - Portsmouth

Darron Gibson - £6million - Hull

John O'Shea - £5.5million - Newcastle

Kieran Lee - £4million - Ipswich

Park Ji-Sung - £3million - Napoli

Lee Martin - £3million - Stoke

Younousse Sankhare - £2million (Plus 50% sell-on fee and £5million buy back price) - Recreativo

Febian Brandy - £2million (Plus 50% sell-on fee and £3million buy back price) - Bristol City

Daniel Drinkwater - £1million - Sheffield United

Cory Evans - £500k - Colchester

Magnus Eikrem - £500k - Plymouth

Gary Woods - £150k - Fulham

Joris Delle - £100k (Plus £250K buy back price) - Birmingham

The deal for Jonny Evans came about after a few clubs made enquiries for him. I negotiated this not really thinking they would go for it, but they came back with the deal and it was far too good to refuse.

With Ben Foster now back to full fitness, (and my intention to sign another keeper), this deal for Kuszczak was a good one and was agreed just after the end of the season. But having not signed a new keeper, I may regret it.

The deals for Darron Gibson, Kieran Lee, and Lee Martin, were all far too good to refuse.

John O'Shea didn't play much last season. Cup games and minor league games when rotating were what he was limited to. The offer from Newcastle was a good one, and I've got £25k off the wage bill.

Park Ji-Sung's would not be involved much, if at all, in the coming season. I would have liked to have got a bit more for him, but the fee was adequate.

After offering Younousse Sankhare, Febian Brandy, and Joris Delle out on loan many times, nobody was willing to take them, Recreativo, Bristol City, and Birmingham came in with the enquiries, and they all accepted the terms above. The deals are good as all three players will get the first team football they need to develop, and when the time is right I can buy them back.

Daniel Drinkwater, Corry Evans, Magnus Eikrem, and Gary Woods were sold as I couldn't see them ever developing enough to get in my first team.

Players In;

Mario Balotelli - £20million - Inter Milan (Loaned out to Genoa)

Alberto Paloschi - £5million - Milan (Loaned out to Fulham)

Ryan Bertrand - £1.5million - Chelsea

Mario Balotelli and Alberto Paloschi are both very young and are definitely for the future. Both will spend atleast this season out on loan. Ryan Bertrand has been signed as back-up for Patrice Evra. He is only 19 and hopefully will develop into a very a solid left back.

Manucho Gonçalves also returned from his loan spell at Panathinaikos. I wasn't planning on keeping him, but a great pre season, and a 3month injury layoff to Dimitar Berbatov made me decide to keep him. So far he has been excellent.

Other Loans Out;

Sherman Cardenas - Recreativo

Fagner - Lille

Eren Derdiyok - Preston

James Tomkins - Hibernian

Jimmy Bermudez, Sandro, Oded Gavish, Damien Le Tallec, Aurelien Teaudors, Michal Miskiewicz - All to Antwerp

All have been loaned out to get first team experience. I was pleased that Cardenas decided to go on loan to Recreativo rather than going to Inter Milan in what wold have been a very profitable deal for me.

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers;

1.Edwin van der Sar

12.Ben Foster

Defenders;

2.Gary Neville

3.Patrice Evra

5.Rio Ferdinand

6.Wes Brown

15.Nemanja Vidic

19.Alex Silva

25.Danny Simpson

30.Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders;

4.Owen Hargreaves

8.Anderson

11.Ryan Giggs

16.Michael Carrick

18.Paul Scholes

24.Darren Fletcher

28.Damien Plessis

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

7.Cristiano Ronaldo

9.Dimitar Berbatov (Out for 3 months)

10.Wayne Rooney

17.Nani

20.Sean Scannell

26.Manucho Gonçalves

32.Carlos Tevez

Reserve/Youth Team Players;

13.Ben Amos (GK)

29.Aquino (AML)

33.Possebon (DM)

36.Jose Antonio Heredia (CM)

37.Mamadou Sakho (DLC)

38.Nicklas Barkroth (AMLR)

39.Fraizer Campbell (ST)

40.Freddies Sears (ST)

41.Rodney Sneijder (AMLC)

43.Victor Moses (ST)

44.Andoni Saizar (CB)

47.Danny Welbeck (AMR/ST)

The season So Far

For the second season running we won the community shield. As like last year it was a tough game. We faced Arsenal this time, and had a couple of players missing because of injuries, and because they were at the Olympics. We trailed after 17 minutes when Abou Diaby scored a wonder goal for Arsenal, but in the 62nd minute I brought on Manucho for the disappointing Rooney, and just 7 minutes later he bagged his first competitive goal for the club. Neither side could find a breakthrough, and it when down to penalties. Cesc Fabregas was the only player to miss, and we took the trophy.

Community Shield

The league campaign has started in the best possible way. We have roared to the top of the table, winning all of our opening six games. So far we have scored 14 goals, and have conceded just three. We have won away at both Liverpool and Arsenal, aswell as defeating Chelsea at home.

Chelsea (H) 3-0 - (Ferdinand, Manucho 2)

Preston (A) 3-1 - (Manucho 2, Ronaldo)

Liverpool (A) 2-1 - (Ronaldo, Rooney)

Aston Villa (H) 3-0 - (Ferdinand, Rooney 2)

Arsenal (A) 2-1 - (Rooney 2)

Bolton (A) 1-0 - (Ronaldo)

League Table So Far

The draw for the champions League group stage has of course been made, and we have been handed what could be a very tough group.

Manchester United

Valencia

Shakhtar Donetsk

Fiorentina

Some very tough games are in prospect for my team.

And our defense of the Carling Cup begins in the 3rd round, at home to Arsenal.

------------------------------------------------

Any comments or suggestions you have are welcome, and I'll be happy to upload any screenshots you wish to see.

Many thanks to those of you who took the time read this.

Well that, or the fact that after that second goal of Blackburns went in I switched to 4-3-3 putting Ronaldo up front and setting him as target man, with the supply to him set to "mixed."

Whatever it was, I didn't mind one bit! :)

I always score a bucketful against Blackburn even though they're a pretty good side. It's surprising. Tbh though I'm crap at comebacks so wp. I'm only good at them with Udinese. Gyan scored a hattrick with 2 goals in stoppage time to make it 3-2 and against Inter of all teams. Lobs and curlers too.

I've had to make some space on my laptop today, which means my United save is no more. A shame really because I was going to play Chelsea and hopefully beat them to lay down a marker in the 2nd season.

I do intend to restart a new save tonight but instead of giving you monthly reports, I will post updates in particular parts of the season - summer transfer window update (August), winter transfer window update (January) and post-season update (May).

I will be back later on tonight guys.

Thought it was about time to post my Man United save info.

So i holidayed the first season to see how things would go and not pretty good from a United point of view.

3rd in the League behind Chelsea in 2nd and Liverpool Champions.

FA Cup Winners v Tottenham

League Cup Winners v Tottenham

Beaten Qtr Finalists v Liverpool (who went on to win it)

So they sacked Fergie and i applied for the job and got it and also applied for the Spain job and got it.

I was given 150M budget and 5M wage budget so adjusted it to give around 175M.

2007/2008 Transfers In

Sergio Ramos - Real Madrid - 32M (min fee release clause)

Iker Casillas - Real Madrid - 27.5M (min fee release clause)

Sergio Aguero - At. Madrid - 24M (min fee release clause)

Samir Nasri - Marseille - 25M

Steven Defour - Ajax - 8M

Francesc Fabregas - Arsenal - 42.5 M (Wanted to Leave i was one of his favoured personnel)

Giorgio Chiellini - Valencia - 17.5M (min fee release clause)

Transfers Out 2008/2009

Plenty out on loan (cba to list all)

Gary Woods - Scunthorpe - 120K

Ben Barnes - Swansea - 110K

Nani - Everton - 19.25M

Steven Defour - FC Bayern - Loan

Won every competition that season i was entered in (League, FA Cup. League Cup, Champs League, Community Shield)

Transfers In 2009/2010

Ronaldinho - FC Barcelona - Free (wanted to be transfer listed and contract was up)

Remy Riou - Auxerre - 5M

Havard Nordtveit - Arsenal - 10.75M

Fernando Torres - Liverpool - 30M (wanted to leave, fell out with Rafa and i am favoured personnel)

Transfers Out 2009/2010

Ben Foster - Blackburn - Free (tried to keep but wanted to leave)

John O'Shea - Sunderland - 4.4M

Wes Brown - Sunderland - 2.5M

Magnus Eikrem - Derby - 210K

Steven Defour - Portsmouth - Loan

Gerard Pique - Sunderland - Loan

Michael Carrick - Everton - 18.25M

I am now about to go into January '10 and am top of the league by 13 points (City 2nd and i have won all games so far), Semi Finals of League Cup v Everton, 3rd Round FA Cup v Grimsby, 1st Knockout Round of Champs League v Real Madrid and won the Club World Championship.

Current 1st Team Squad:

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas

Remy Riou

Defenders

Sergio Ramos

Patrice Evra

Giorgio Chiellini

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Havard Nordtveit

Midfielders

Francesc Fabregas

Samir Nasri

Ronaldinho

Cristiano Ronaldo

Anderson

Strikers

Sergio Aguero

Wayne Rooney

Carlos Tevez

Fernando Torres

Was thinking of selling Ronaldinho to finance a move for Messi (although i have the money already but don't want players to be upset)

Feedback, Suggestions and Questions welcome

gandycoleuk

Shame about you having to delete your game, hopefully your next one will be as interesting to read about.

KC92

I can't really recommend any players for Kimz tactic as I have no idea what it is because I use my own tactics.

I can only recommended the usual youth players, (Sankhare, Sakho, etc.), but you are best uaing the forums search function to find youngsters with great potential rather having someone list them all in here. :)

SinghyEFC4Life

You have a great squad and look like having success for years to come. You dont need sugestions for that side! ;)

tomtuck - do you think i should sell ronaldinho and get messi?

I use a 4-1-3-2 formation usually like this:

GK: Iker Casillas

DR: Sergio Ramos (forward arrow to cm)

DC: Nemanja Vidic

DC: Rio Ferdinand/Havard Nordtveit

DL: Owen Hargreaves/Patrice Evra/Giorgio Chiellini (forward arrow to cm)

CM: Francesc Fabregas

AMLC: Samir Nasri/Ronaldinho

AMC: Sergio Aguero/Anderson

AMRC: Cristiano Ronaldo

FC: Wayne Rooney/Fernando Torres/Carlos Tevez

FC: Wayne Rooney/Fernando Torres/Carlos Tevez

Need a bit of halp here boys.......................

I've also posted this in the Should I By/Sell Thread, but only had one response despite there being about 12 more posts in there since I posted.

Selling

Player Name: Anderson

Your Team: Manchester United

Buying Club: Real Madrid

Player Value: £21million

Offer: Click Here

Patch: 8.0.2

I dont want, (or need), to sell him, but this is just such a phenomenal offer.

Is it too good to refuse??

Thanks for the advice weeeman27bob.

After careful consideration, I have decided not to accept the offer. While in the short term it is a great deal, in the long term I dont think it is as Anderson is so youg, he will perform for years to come. If he above 25 years old, then Id have accepted, but not for a 20 year old.

Thanks all the same. :)

This is my united team... i am 5 seasons in and have won every competition possible except uefa cup as i have never been in it.... where do i go now??

6260032508a8560185519l.jpg

http://file043b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/08/06/21/6260032508a8560185519l.jpg

6260032508a8560185625l.jpg

http://file043b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/08/06/21/6260032508a8560185625l.jpg

6260032508a8560185726l.jpg

http://file043b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/08/06/21/6260032508a8560185726l.jpg

6260032508a8560185815l.jpg

http://file043b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/08/06/21/6260032508a8560185815l.jpg

all pics have links under if it is difficult to read

just a quick question, in the first season as man united, how much do you get to spend? and are you able to ask for more money?

I think its 12 million and some people have been lucky enough to get more by asking. some havn't. If you get the weegie patch it gives you £54million

just a quick question, in the first season as man united, how much do you get to spend? and are you able to ask for more money?

Depends on what patch you're playing. I've only played on the original patch, so you get £10m if you challenge for the title (I usually go for that just for 1st season) and if you think you can win the title, then you get £12.75m to spend.

You're not able to adjust your budget during the 1st season, so basically you would have to sell before you buy. I normally ask for more money straight at the end of the 1st season (when Premier League money is awarded depending on your final position).

Hope that helps mate.

After having to make more space on my laptop, I've had to start a new United save on original patch and intend to get into this game for a long while.

I am playing under my name which is Faiz Khan and I will be turning 30 on the 18th of November of the 1st season (very young for a Man Utd boss but hopefully a masterful young boss!). I have loaded up all the English leagues as well as the main Spanish, German, French, Scottish, Dutch, Portuguese and Italian premier divisions.

I have got to the end of the 1st month (August) of my 1st season. Looking at my board's aims and expectations, I have been expected to challenge for the Premier League crown and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League. I have also been told to reach both the FA Cup and League Cup Final.

After letting the board that I will at least challenge for the League, I was given a moderate if unspectacular transfer budget of £10m to spend on strengthening of the squad. Looking at the squad, I thought there was good enough cover for all positions except up front. With that, here are my transfer dealings before the end of August:

Players Out

Tom Heaton - Hartlepool - £50k

Frazier Campbell - Gretna - Season Loan

Danny Simpson - Celtic - Season Loan

Darren Gibson - Derby - Season Loan

Heaton did'nt look like he was going to improve much and I thought the loans of Campbell, Simpson and Gibson could give them a chance to gain valuable 1st team experience for a season.

Players In

Michael Owen - Newcastle - £10m + 20% sell-on clause

Eros Corradini - Parma - £70k + 35% sell-on clause

Corradini has been placed immediately into the reserves squad to gain some football time and I may loan him out if he continues to develop and hopefully excel in the reserves. Owen was the only buy of the summer for the position I thought needed improving. The prolific striker came with a niggling injury and now that he has recovered, he will provide cover for Rooney and Tevez.

With just the addition of Owen, my squad for the 2007-2008 season looks like this:

Goalkeepers

Edwin van der Sar

Tomasz Kuszczak

Ben Foster (out for 6 months)

Defenders

Gary Neville

John O'Shea

Patrice Evra

Mikael Silvestre

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Wes Brown

Gerard Pique

Midfielders

Cristiano Ronaldo

Nani

Ryan Giggs

Park Ji-Sung (out for around 4 months)

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Carrick

Paul Scholes

Anderson

Darren Fletcher

Strikers

Wayne Rooney

Carlos Tevez

Michael Owen

Louis Saha

Progress So Far

Community Shield

The traditional curtain-raiser for the new season, also my 1st game in charge, was won by my players with a 3-2 defeat of FA Cup winners Chelsea. Debutant Anderson and a Ronaldo penalty gave my side a two goal lead before Chelsea's own forward signing Pandev pulled a goal back before the interval. Almost straight from the restart, Rooney restored our two goal cushion until Drogba scored what turned out to be a consolation. My players had the joy of winning silverware in their 1st game of the new season:

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chelseavmanutd2007commune1.jpg

Premier League

The defence of our League crown has begun with a perfect 100% record as two victories each at home and away has given my side 12 points. I am closely followed by Portsmouth while Chelsea and Arsenal sit in decent positions with games in hand. The main surprise so far is Liverpool losing both of their games this season. Their form should improve really as the season goes on and they will have the perfect chance to do just that as my players travel to Anfield next:

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionsrr0.jpg

Champions League

As a result of winning the league in the previous season, my players were placed the group stages. In the end, my group looks like a group my team can get out of without too much of a problem:

Man Utd

PSV Eindhoven

Celtic

Dinamo Zagreb

Awards Won By My Club

Rooney - Premier League Young Player of the Month

Khan - Premier League Manager of the Month

With my United save after the summer transfer window, I will start getting into this game until January where I will then deliver my mid-season update.

What do you think of my squad so far guys and also my squad's progress even at this early stage of my 1st season for the club?

Any suggestions and advice much appreciated.

gandycoleuk

Your squad is fine, though I would have advised that you kept Simpson as back-up as he can be more than useful cover in both fullback positions if retrained to played LB. A bit surprised you kept hold of Louis Saha, but I do also know that he can be quite useful if he manages to keep fit. (So much like real life!) And seen as you have spent so much on Michael Owen, I would recommend you use him as a bit more than "back-up." He will get goals when used.

You've had a good start to your season, though Id advise you to be slightly more cautious about your Champions League group. Of course you should qualify, but a couple of your away games could be slightly tricky.

Yeah I've just had my first away game in my Champions League group against Celtic and it finished 4-2 to my side but they did lead 1-0 and 2-1. Not saying that it was an easy group with some tricky away games there but it would be a surprise if I did'nt qualify.

Owen also scored his 1st goal for the club in the same game and one thing I've learned about Owen on past games is that he is remarkably good in the air for such a little man.

Ok I decided to start a new Man United game on 8.0.2, I felt that the 14M budget wasn't anywhere near realistic so edited to give 61M transfer. I was planning on signing a Goalkeeper as cover/rotation for the aging Van Der Sar, A DM for the tactic i use and a right back to replace the aging Gary Neville.

I had a bid of 26M accepted for Pirlo and managed to sign him after having bids rejected for Essien and Cambiasso.

I was going to sign Daniel Alves for around 26M but cancelled the deal to have money for other players and will keep faith with O'Shea/Brown.

I am currently appealing against a WP rejection for Ochoa who will cost 11M.

So Here is the current Squad

GK: VDS/Kuszczak

DR: Brown/O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand

DC: Vidic

DL: Evra

DM: Pirlo

AMR: Ronaldo

AMC: Anderson

AML: Giggs/Nani

FC: Rooney

FC: Tevez

Subs will be the likes of Brown/O'Shea, Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves (when fit) and maybe Saha (when fit)

Thinking of using the money i didnt buy Alves for to buy a striker but don't know who to buy :S

Archived