FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the advice weeeman27bob.

After careful consideration, I have decided not to accept the offer. While in the short term it is a great deal, in the long term I dont think it is as Anderson is so youg, he will perform for years to come. If he above 25 years old, then Id have accepted, but not for a 20 year old.

Thanks all the same. :)

WHAT!? Sure Anderson is a bloody good player but he improves marginally and I think his passing and creativity will probably only reach 17 or 18 at his peak if that. He doesn't even perform that amazingly to make up for it. There are many midfielders who will score more goals, provide more assists, have similar pace and work hard for the team. Some may not be as young as him but they're better.

WHAT!? Sure Anderson is a bloody good player but he improves marginally and I think his passing and creativity will probably only reach 17 or 18 at his peak if that. He doesn't even perform that amazingly to make up for it. There are many midfielders who will score more goals, provide more assists, have similar pace and work hard for the team. Some may not be as young as him but they're better.

To be fair, he performs excellently for my side. He gets plenty of assists from the centre of midfield, and also performs well on the left of my midfield (retrained) when I play 4-4-2.

To be fair, he performs excellently for my side. He gets plenty of assists from the centre of midfield, and also performs well on the left of my midfield (retrained) when I play 4-4-2.

At the start of my United save when Scholes and Hargreaves were struggling and Owen was brought with an injury, I played Anderson in the hole behind Rooney and was outstanding, scoring a few goals and assists alike. Very good potential wise.

Especially when you were already 3-0 up, it's just not necessary. What was he sent off for if you dont mind me asking?

Two footed challenge I think. Such an idiot. I fined him 2 week's wages for that. I'm thinking about replacing him too. And Anderson would be great for me if his crossing was a bit better. Then he'd be more versatile. His technical stats aren't that brilliant though, that's the problem. He gets assists but when you give him a shot at goal, the end result is embarrassing. I'll give him a year or two. If he can't get past VDV or Giggs I'll buy Fernandez. Fernandez may have been toned down but he's still bloody brilliant.

My second season incharge of my beloved Manchester United is finally complete, which means another long post for you all to read! Though it should be quite enjoyable as this seaosn has been even more exciting than my first!

Premier Lague

We went top after the second game of the season and never looked back after that, remaining top the rest of the season. We won the title with 5 games to go, with a 1-0 away at Birmingham. After that though I started resting much of my first team to keep them fresh for other games, and therfore we missed out on 100 points, as we drew our last 3 games. We finished on 94 points, 14 ahead of second place Chelsea. Rather annoyingly we scored a massive 14 goals less than the previous season, though conceded 5 less. We also remained the whole of the league season unbeaten.

As was the same as last season, good results against the other "big 4" was a big help along the way. Against Arsenal we won 2-1 both home and away. A 3-0 win early on in the season at home to Chelsea was a big result, as was the 1-0 win away to them early on February. As against Arsenal, we beat Liverpool home and away 2-1. Wealso beat rivals Man City 2-0 home and away on the way to the title.

Premier League Table

We didn't perform quite aswell when it came to the end o season awards. But we still managed to scoop a couple of the awards.

PFA Player Of The Year; Deco (Chelsea)

PFA Young Player Of The Year; Anderson (Manchester United)

Football Writers Association Player Of The Year; Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Premier League Golden Boot Award; Afonso Alves (Middlesbrough) - 28 goals in 38 apps

Barclays Manager Of The Year; Thomas Lewis (Manchester United)

We also had 6 players in the PFA Team Of The YEar

FA Cup

We had a much better season in the FA Cup this season after last years disappointing quarter final exit. We actually managed to win the trophy. We didn't have the best of runs to the final though, performing rather poorly in a couple the rounds, including the 5th round when we equalised in the 90th minute at Old Trafford to take Cardiff to a replay. We managed to get through the replay, and then in the quarter final struggled against Arsenal, but following another replay we came out on top.

3rd Round - Blackburn (A) 3-2

4th Round - Reading (H) 2-0

5th Round - Cardiff (H) 1-1

5th Round Replay - Cardiff (A) 2-1

Qtr Final - Arsenal (A) 1-1

Qtr Final Replay - Arsenal (H) 2-1

Semi Final - West Brom (N) - 3-0 (AET)

In the final we met Everton, but with the Champions league final just days away I decided to rest a few players. Nemanja Vidic who was just returning from injury was left out all together, Wayne Rooney was left on the bench, as was Michale Carrick. Owen Hargreaves was suspended for the game, as he would be for the Champions League final.

We struggled in the first half playing 4-4-2 and found ourselves 1-0 down. At half time I changed o my 4-1-2-2-1 system, and we equalised just 9 minutes into the second half through Carlos Tevez. Dimitar Berbatov was then subbed, and the man who replced him, Wayne Rooney, grabbed the winner with just 6 minutes remainig.

FA Cup Final

Carling Cup

Once again I used most of the games in this competiton to give my back-up and youth tema players some match time. Even doing this, I still had strong line ups out and this resulted in us again getting to the final of the competition, this was despite having a tougher run of games through to the final.

3rd Round - Arsenal (H) 1-0

4th Round - Bolton (A) 1-0

Qtr Final - Portsmouth (H) 2-0

Semi Final 1st Leg - Middlesbrough (A) 3-1

Semi Final 2nd Leg - Middlesbrough (H) 1-0 (4-1 on aggregate)

In the final we met Tottenham, and to make sure we retained the trophy, I sacrificed my my selection policiy to pick almost my strongest team.This resulted in us walking all over Spurs, thrashing them 4-0. Berbatov and Vidic bagged early on, and them Ronaldo helped himself to a brace to ensure we retained the trophy.

Carling Cup Final

Champions League

We once again strolled through our Champions League group, finishing in first place, 3 points ahead of second place Valencia. We did however have the odd struggle as we drew 2 of our games.

Shakhtar (A) 1-0

Fiorentina (H) 0-0

Valencia (H) 1-0

Valencia (A) 1-1

Shakhtar (H) 3-1

Fiorentina (A) 2-1

In the 1st knockout round we were drawn against Spanish opposition in the form of Atletico Madrid. The 1st leg was away from home and we struggled to a 1-1 draw, but in the home leg we cruised to a 4-0 thanks to goals from Berbatov, Ronaldo 2, and Vidic, to give us a 5-1 aggregate win.

The quarter finals saw us face Porto. The first leg was away from home and we performed terribly and were lucky to escap with just a 2-1 defeat, Wayne Rooney grabbing what could be a priceless away goal for us late on. That awy goal didn't prove all that important though, as demolished Porto 4-1 in the home leg, Ronaldo and Rooney grabbed 2 goals each to hand us a relatively comfortable 5-3 aggregate win.

We faced Barcelona in the semi final, the side who had knocked us out at the same stage last season. This season though, the first leg was at home, giving us a chance to take a good lead to Spain with us. We did take a win with us, beating them 3-1. The only downside was a late own goal from Wes Brown giving the Catalan side a bit of hope.

The 2nd leg kind of explains itself*

*Note - 4 of my goals did come after Xavi had been taken off injured, leaving Barcelona down to 10 men.

In the final we met league rivals Arsenal in Rome. I reverted to my usual 4-1-2-2-1 formation, meaning Berbatov was left on the bench. With Owen Hargreaves suspended I decided to play Paul Scholes into the side, to play alongside Anderson with Michael Carrick moving to the DM position.

The game started off typically cagey, but in the 28th minute the deadlock was broken as Cristinao Ronaldo flashed in a free kick. Just nine minutes later though Arsenal equalised in similar fashion through Franck Ribery. After seeing that we struggled to keep the ball in the first half, I decided to slow the tempo right down for the second half, and this seemed to work as kept hold of the ball much better.

The second half though was rather dull, with very few chances created by either side, that was until the 81st minute. Arsenal had a corner, but we cleared it away. Rooney played it to Anderson who played it down the wing for him to chase, Rooney got their, whipped in a cross , and coming in at the near post was Ronaldo to make it 2-1, and seal us the Champions League crown! Fair enough, we probably didn't deserve to win, but I was suitably eccstatic.

Champions League Final

Despite the poor performance in the final, we of course we had great sucess in the tournament in general, and this is reflected in the fact that we had 4 players in the Champions LEague Dream Team. And once again Cristiano Ronaldo won the Champions League Best Player Award.

Top Scorers

Cristiano Ronaldo again was our top scorer. He didn't quite get as many goals as last term, but it was memorabke season for the Portuguese man. Dimitar Berbatov again had an extremely good goals to game ratio, but Carlos Tevez struggled hugely for goals. Manucho also chipped in with 8 goals from 16 appearances.

Cristiano Ronaldo - 55 starts 1 sub app - 38 goals

Wayne Rooney - 38 starts 2 sub apps - 25 goals

Dimitar Berbatov - 23 starts 7 sub apps - 15 goals

Carlos Tevez - 45 starts 2 sub apps - 12 goals

What Next?

Not much needs doing to my squad after such a great season, although i do need to start seeking replcements for my aging players. A new goalkeeper has already been signed in the shape of Oscar Ustari, but apart from that no other new signings have been secured thus far.

------------------------------------------

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always, And I'll be happy to upload any screenshots.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to read this!

I have just come to the beginning of the January transfer window in the 1st season of my United save:

Formation/Tactics

Flat 4-4-2

One Defensive Central Midfielder

One Attacking Central Midfielder

Strongest Starting XI

GK - van der Sar

DR - G Neville

DL - Evra

DC - Ferdinand

DC - Vidic

MR - Ronaldo

ML - Giggs

MC (Defensive) - Hargreaves

MC (Attacking) - Scholes/Anderson

FC - Tevez

FC - Rooney

Substitutes

S1 - Kuszczak

S2 - O'Shea

S3 - Anderson/Scholes

S4 - Nani

S5 - Owen

S6 - Fletcher

S7 - Silvestre

Other Squad Members

Corradini

Brown

Pique

Park Ji-Sung (just returning from injury)

Carrick

Saha

Key Player Stats (sub apps included)

Scholes - 12 apps, 4 goals, 2 assists, 7.25 av. rating

Rooney - 25 apps, 16 goals, 10 assists, 7.16 av. rating

van der Sar - 27 apps, 29 goals conceded, 8 clean sheets, 7.15 av. rating

Anderson - 22 apps, 8 goals, 3 assists, 7.14 av. rating

Tevez - 23 apps, 15 goals, 6 assists, 7.13 av. rating

Ronaldo - 28 apps, 6 goals, 7 assists, 7.11 av. rating

Mid-Season Progress

Premier League

After a perfect 100% start to the title defence in August, my players have made a good fight of it in the first half of the season. They sit 3 points behind leaders Chelsea with an inferior goal difference despite beating both Chelsea and Arsenal at Old Trafford and drawing at Anfield. But surprise home reverses against West Ham and Fulham coupled with a narrow derby defeat at City has seen them behind the leaders at the half-way stage. Arsenal and Liverpool have both been very inconsistent so far this season and as a result, sit in mid-table mediocrity and this has paved the way for the likes of West Ham, Tottenham and Newcastle to contest the two Champions League places. My players and Chelsea have been in such good form there is a big gap between me and West Ham. At the bottom, it looks very bleak for Sunderland who have registered just 7 points and are winless. Apart from them, there are several others hovering inside or around the relegation zone which should make for an interesting second half to the season.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionjtd7.jpg

Champions League

In my Champions League group, my players were brilliant, winning all 6 games and scoring 20 goals in the process. Here are my group results in the Champions League:

Celtic (A) - W 4-2

PSV Eindhoven (H) - W 4-2

Dinamo (H) - W 5-0

Dinamo (A) - W 3-1

Celtic (H) - W 3-1

PSV Eindhoven (A) - W 1-0

The draw for the 1st Knockout Round was made some 10 days later and my players face a tough tie with Italian giants Roma, with the 1st leg to be played in Rome. Other standout ties include Arsenal v Real Madrid and Barcelona v Inter Milan.

FA Cup

The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round was made at the start of December and my players face a trip to Leyton Orient early in January.

League Cup

My quest for the 1st piece of major silverware of the season ended at the quarter-final stage with a dramatic penalty shootout loss against Aston Villa at Old Trafford. It was very hard on my players after dominating for long periods (see screenie above). Here is how my players performed in the competition:

3rd Round - Arsenal (H) - D 1-1 (won 5-3 on penalties)

4th Round - Everton (H) - W 3-1

Quarter-Final - Aston Villa (H) - D 1-1 (lost 2-1 on penalties)

Awards Won By My Club

van der Sar - September Player of the Month

Fletcher - November Player of the Month

Anderson - September Young Player of the Month

Khan - September and November Manager of the Month

Annual International Awards

World Footballer of the Year - Klose

World Player of the Year - Lampard

European Footballer of the Year - Deco

European Goalkeeper of the Year - Casillas

European Defender of the Year - Ayala

European Midfielder of the Year - Deco

European Striker of the Year - Kiebling

So, at the midway stage of my 1st season on my United save, I think my squad are doing very well to challenge for the Premier League crown and also making the knockout stages of the Champions League in the manner that it was done was quite satisfying. But Roma will be tough opponents with the advantage being that the 2nd leg is at Old Trafford. Very disappointed to go out of the League Cup in the manner it played out and I was devastated. Hopefully, my players can make it up for it by progressing in the FA Cup.

What do you think of my squad's progress so far guys in my 1st season at United and is there any changes needed to be made in the winter transfer window? The only problem if I wanted to buy is that I would need to sell first.

Any suggestions and advice much appreciated.

Hey guys... was just wondering how far you have ever went with Man united... i am currently on season 2012/13 season.... i have been extremely successful winning the league every year and all cups i have been entered in on more than 3 occasions.... my current squad is

| Pkd | Inf | Name Position | Nat | Height | Weight | Age | Value |

| - | | Igor Akinfeev | GK | RUS | 185 cm | 78 kg | 26 | £18.25M |

| - | | Allan McGregor | GK | SCO | 183 cm | 74 kg | 30 | £4.1M |

| - | | Petri Pasanen | D RC | FIN | 187 cm | 86 kg | 32 | £1.2M |

| - | Slt | Patrice Evra | D L | FRA | 173 cm | 74 kg | 31 | £7M |

| - | | Andrea Barzagli | D C | ITA | 186 cm | 78 kg | 31 | £11.25M |

| - | Inj | Christophe Berra | D C | SCO | 191 cm | 75 kg | 27 | £5.25M |

| - | | Rio Ferdinand | D C | ENG | 189 cm | 83 kg | 33 | £650K |

| - | Unh | Miki Roqué | D C | ESP | 188 cm | 77 kg | 24 | £3.9M |

| - | | Angelo Palombo| D C, DM | ITA | 177 cm | 77 kg | 31 | £9.25M

| - | Yel | Danny Simpson| D/WB R | ENG | 173 cm | 77 kg | 25 | £7M |

| - | | Leighton Baines | D/WB/M L| ENG | 173 cm | 75 kg | 27 | £6M |

| - | | Francesc Fàbregas | M C | ESP | 176 cm | 69 kg | 25 | £26M |

| - | Yel | Aaron Ramsey | M C | WAL | 180 cm | 77 kg | 21 | £5.25M |

| - | Unh | Aaron Lennon | AM R | ENG | 166 cm | 63 kg | 25 | £6M |

| - | | Cristiano Ronaldo | AM RL | POR | 184 cm | 79 kg | 27 | £29M |

| - | | Giovani dos Santos | AM RC, F C | MEX | 174 cm | 75 kg | 23 | £25.5M |

| - | | Stewart Downing| AM L | ENG | 181 cm | 64 kg | 28 | £5.75M

| - | | Rafael van der Vaart| AM C| NED | 175 cm | 74 kg | 29 | £6.25M |

| - | | Sergio Agüero | AM/F C| ARG | 173 cm | 74 kg | 24 | £25M |

| - | Slt | Wayne Rooney | F C | ENG | 178 cm | 78 kg | 27 | £28.5M |

| - | | Steven Fletcher| ST | SCO | 178 cm | 75 kg | 25 | £6.25M |

| - | Inj | Jamie Kerr | ST | SCO | 181 cm | 80 kg | 22 | £37M |

Anybody think of any improvements... got a shed load of money for transfers... my club is worth £1.75bn

I'm now in season 6 with Manchester United and my team is fantastic!

I have won EPL 4 times, CL 3 times and FA Cup 4 times and many another small titles.

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=titlesgo7.jpg

My all transfer in and out so far are this:

IN

16.07.2007 - Miquel Veloso from Sporting CP - £12.75M

17.07.2007 - Aquino from Murcia - £210K

17.07.2007 - Carlos Sáez from Rayo - £95K

18.07.2007 - Matthieu Saunier from Bordeaux - Free

18.07.2007 - Mamadou Sakho from Paris SG - Free

18.07.2007 - Henri Saivet from Bordeaux - Free

20.07.2007 - Georginio Wijnadum from Feyenoord - £600K

25.07.2007 - Oded Gavish from M. Petach-Tikva - Free

01.01.2008 - Marko Matic from AZ - £35K

01.01.2008 - Birkir Bjarnason from Viking - Free

29.01.2008 - Diogo Rosado from Sporting - £5K

01.07.2008 - Jose Baxter from Everton - Free

05.07.2008 - Luke Freeman from Arsenal - £85K

20.08.2008 - Marcelo from Real Madrid - £5.5M

25.08.2008 - Guilherme from Cruzeiro - £12.75M

01.07.2009 - Joao Moutinho from Sporting CP - £13.25M

01.07.2009 - Joe Hart from Man City - P/ex

01.07.2009 - Theo Walcott from Arsenal - Free

01.07.2009 - Lionel Messi from Barcelona - £40.5M

03.07.2009 - Rafinha from Schalke - £13M

11.07.2009 - Manuel Neuer from Schalke - £13.25M

01.07.2010 - Neymar from Santos - Free

31.07.2010 - Ruud van Nistelrooy Free Transfer

20.08.2010 - Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff - £500K

01.01.2011 - Gérson from Gremio - £60K

01.07.2011 - Kasper Schmeichel Free Transfer

11.07.2011 - Bojan from Barcelona - £51M

23.07.2011 - Micah Richards from Man City - £30M

09.08.2012 - Alberto Zapater from Zaragoza - £27M

OUT

01.07.2008 - Tomasz Kuszczak to Portsmouth - £7M

01.07.2008 - David Gray to Tranmere - Free

01.07.2008 - Seán Evans - Free Transfer

15.07.2008 - Darren Fletcher to Everton - £12M

04.08.2008 - Louis Saha to Portsmouth - £2M

07.08.2008 - Mikaël Silvestre to Newcastle - £1.2M

16.08.2008 - John O'Shea to Newcastle - £4.7M

01.07.2009 - Sam Hewson to Cardiff - Free

01.07.2009 - Daniel Drinkwater to Preston - Free

01.07.2009 - Ben Foster to Man City - £2.5M P/Ex

19.07.2009 - Ji-Sung Park to Sampdoria - £3.1M

22.07.2009 - Kenny Strickland to Wolves £90K

23.07.2009 - Lee Martin to Swindon - £2.1M

01.01.2010 - James Chester to Charlton - Free

02.01.2010 - Carlos Tevez to Valencia - £20.5M

08.01.2010 - Patrice Evra to AC Milan - £14.5M

01.07.2010 - Magnus Eikrem to Racing - Free

01.07.2010 - Marko Matic to Heerenveen - Free

01.07.2010 - Gary Woods to Sunderland - Free

01.07.2010 - Dong Fangzhuo Free Transfer

01.01.2011 - Ritchie Jones to Hull £1.3M

01.01.2011 - Chris Eagles to Watford - £2.4M

06.01.2011 - Conor McCormack to Southend - £1.1M

06.01.2011 - Mark Laws to Cardif - £50K

06.01.2011 - Kieran Lee to Middlesbrough - £2.5M

07.01.2011 - Antonio Bryan to Shrewsbury - £140K

07.01.2011 - Greg Jones to Dag & Red - £20K

07.01.2011 - David Chapman to Mansfield - £20K

09.01.2011 - Oded Gavish Free Transfer

10.01.2011 - Niki-Lee Bulmer to Morecambe - £20K

12.01.2011 - Michael Lea to Notts Co - £55K

14.01.2011 - Gavin Taylor to Torquay - £1K

14.01.2011 - Scott Moffatt to Plymouth - £20K

15.01.2011 - Wes Brown to Fulham - Loan

16.01.2011 - Conor Devlin to Colchester - £12K

16.01.2011 - Frazer Campell to Blackburn - £1M

16.01.2011 - Chris Curran to Notts Co - £130K

21.01.2011 - Theo Walcott to Tottenham - £10M

22.01.2011 - Richard Eckersley to St Mirren - £190K

22.01.2011 - Nicky Ajose to Leeds - £100K

01.07.2011 - Craig Cathcart to Hearts - Free

01.07.2011 - Matthew James to Aberdeen - Free

01.07.2011 - Joshua King to Kongsvinger - Free

01.07.2011 - Robert Brady to Celtic - Free

01.07.2011 - Federico Macheda to Fulham - Free

01.07.2011 - Ben Amos to Watford - Free

01.07.2011 - Tom Cleverley to Ebbsfleet - Free

01.07.2011 - Reece Brown to Scunthorpe - Free

01.07.2011 - Rio Ferdinand, Manucho, Heaton, Norwood all Free Transfer

01.07.2011 - Joe Hart to Reading - £3.4M

22.07.2011 - Guilherme to Barcelona - £10M

21.08.2011 - Wes Brown to Derby - £825K

01.01.2012 - Michael Barnes to Hibernian - £50K

01.01.2012 - Rafinha to Tottenham - £14M

01.01.2012 - Febian Brandy to Fulham - £2.5M

20.01.2012 - Jonny Evans to Aston Villa - £10M

01.07.2012 - Chris Fagan to Barnsley - Free

01.07.2012 - Daniel Galbraith to Portsmouth - £2.6M

01.07.2012 - Darron Gibson Free Transfer

02.07.2012 - Oliver Gill to Motherwell - Free

11.07.2012 - Jordan Davis to Southamptin - £160K

19.07.2012 - Marcelo to Inter - £20M

10.08.2012 - Michael Carrick to West Ham £5.25M

My team:

GK: Neuer / Schmeichel

DR: Richards / Simpson

DC: Vidic / Pique / Sahko

DL: Fabio

DM: Veloso / Possebon / Hargreaves / Zapater

AM: Moutinho / Anderson / Ramsey

MR: Messi / Nani

ML: Ronaldo / Auino

FC: Rooney / Bojan / Welbeck

I Won also World Cup with England in 2012..

What skin are you using?

My second season incharge of my beloved Manchester United is finally complete, which means another long post for you all to read! Though it should be quite enjoyable as this seaosn has been even more exciting than my first!

Premier Lague

We went top after the second game of the season and never looked back after that, remaining top the rest of the season. We won the title with 5 games to go, with a 1-0 away at Birmingham. After that though I started resting much of my first team to keep them fresh for other games, and therfore we missed out on 100 points, as we drew our last 3 games. We finished on 94 points, 14 ahead of second place Chelsea. Rather annoyingly we scored a massive 14 goals less than the previous season, though conceded 5 less. We also remained the whole of the league season unbeaten.

As was the same as last season, good results against the other "big 4" was a big help along the way. Against Arsenal we won 2-1 both home and away. A 3-0 win early on in the season at home to Chelsea was a big result, as was the 1-0 win away to them early on February. As against Arsenal, we beat Liverpool home and away 2-1. Wealso beat rivals Man City 2-0 home and away on the way to the title.

Premier League Table

We didn't perform quite aswell when it came to the end o season awards. But we still managed to scoop a couple of the awards.

PFA Player Of The Year; Deco (Chelsea)

PFA Young Player Of The Year; Anderson (Manchester United)

Football Writers Association Player Of The Year; Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Premier League Golden Boot Award; Afonso Alves (Middlesbrough) - 28 goals in 38 apps

Barclays Manager Of The Year; Thomas Lewis (Manchester United)

We also had 6 players in the PFA Team Of The YEar

FA Cup

We had a much better season in the FA Cup this season after last years disappointing quarter final exit. We actually managed to win the trophy. We didn't have the best of runs to the final though, performing rather poorly in a couple the rounds, including the 5th round when we equalised in the 90th minute at Old Trafford to take Cardiff to a replay. We managed to get through the replay, and then in the quarter final struggled against Arsenal, but following another replay we came out on top.

3rd Round - Blackburn (A) 3-2

4th Round - Reading (H) 2-0

5th Round - Cardiff (H) 1-1

5th Round Replay - Cardiff (A) 2-1

Qtr Final - Arsenal (A) 1-1

Qtr Final Replay - Arsenal (H) 2-1

Semi Final - West Brom (N) - 3-0 (AET)

In the final we met Everton, but with the Champions league final just days away I decided to rest a few players. Nemanja Vidic who was just returning from injury was left out all together, Wayne Rooney was left on the bench, as was Michale Carrick. Owen Hargreaves was suspended for the game, as he would be for the Champions League final.

We struggled in the first half playing 4-4-2 and found ourselves 1-0 down. At half time I changed o my 4-1-2-2-1 system, and we equalised just 9 minutes into the second half through Carlos Tevez. Dimitar Berbatov was then subbed, and the man who replced him, Wayne Rooney, grabbed the winner with just 6 minutes remainig.

FA Cup Final

Carling Cup

Once again I used most of the games in this competiton to give my back-up and youth tema players some match time. Even doing this, I still had strong line ups out and this resulted in us again getting to the final of the competition, this was despite having a tougher run of games through to the final.

3rd Round - Arsenal (H) 1-0

4th Round - Bolton (A) 1-0

Qtr Final - Portsmouth (H) 2-0

Semi Final 1st Leg - Middlesbrough (A) 3-1

Semi Final 2nd Leg - Middlesbrough (H) 1-0 (4-1 on aggregate)

In the final we met Tottenham, and to make sure we retained the trophy, I sacrificed my my selection policiy to pick almost my strongest team.This resulted in us walking all over Spurs, thrashing them 4-0. Berbatov and Vidic bagged early on, and them Ronaldo helped himself to a brace to ensure we retained the trophy.

Carling Cup Final

Champions League

We once again strolled through our Champions League group, finishing in first place, 3 points ahead of second place Valencia. We did however have the odd struggle as we drew 2 of our games.

Shakhtar (A) 1-0

Fiorentina (H) 0-0

Valencia (H) 1-0

Valencia (A) 1-1

Shakhtar (H) 3-1

Fiorentina (A) 2-1

In the 1st knockout round we were drawn against Spanish opposition in the form of Atletico Madrid. The 1st leg was away from home and we struggled to a 1-1 draw, but in the home leg we cruised to a 4-0 thanks to goals from Berbatov, Ronaldo 2, and Vidic, to give us a 5-1 aggregate win.

The quarter finals saw us face Porto. The first leg was away from home and we performed terribly and were lucky to escap with just a 2-1 defeat, Wayne Rooney grabbing what could be a priceless away goal for us late on. That awy goal didn't prove all that important though, as demolished Porto 4-1 in the home leg, Ronaldo and Rooney grabbed 2 goals each to hand us a relatively comfortable 5-3 aggregate win.

We faced Barcelona in the semi final, the side who had knocked us out at the same stage last season. This season though, the first leg was at home, giving us a chance to take a good lead to Spain with us. We did take a win with us, beating them 3-1. The only downside was a late own goal from Wes Brown giving the Catalan side a bit of hope.

The 2nd leg kind of explains itself*

*Note - 4 of my goals did come after Xavi had been taken off injured, leaving Barcelona down to 10 men.

In the final we met league rivals Arsenal in Rome. I reverted to my usual 4-1-2-2-1 formation, meaning Berbatov was left on the bench. With Owen Hargreaves suspended I decided to play Paul Scholes into the side, to play alongside Anderson with Michael Carrick moving to the DM position.

The game started off typically cagey, but in the 28th minute the deadlock was broken as Cristinao Ronaldo flashed in a free kick. Just nine minutes later though Arsenal equalised in similar fashion through Franck Ribery. After seeing that we struggled to keep the ball in the first half, I decided to slow the tempo right down for the second half, and this seemed to work as kept hold of the ball much better.

The second half though was rather dull, with very few chances created by either side, that was until the 81st minute. Arsenal had a corner, but we cleared it away. Rooney played it to Anderson who played it down the wing for him to chase, Rooney got their, whipped in a cross , and coming in at the near post was Ronaldo to make it 2-1, and seal us the Champions League crown! Fair enough, we probably didn't deserve to win, but I was suitably eccstatic.

Champions League Final

Despite the poor performance in the final, we of course we had great sucess in the tournament in general, and this is reflected in the fact that we had 4 players in the Champions LEague Dream Team. And once again Cristiano Ronaldo won the Champions League Best Player Award.

Top Scorers

Cristiano Ronaldo again was our top scorer. He didn't quite get as many goals as last term, but it was memorabke season for the Portuguese man. Dimitar Berbatov again had an extremely good goals to game ratio, but Carlos Tevez struggled hugely for goals. Manucho also chipped in with 8 goals from 16 appearances.

Cristiano Ronaldo - 55 starts 1 sub app - 38 goals

Wayne Rooney - 38 starts 2 sub apps - 25 goals

Dimitar Berbatov - 23 starts 7 sub apps - 15 goals

Carlos Tevez - 45 starts 2 sub apps - 12 goals

What Next?

Not much needs doing to my squad after such a great season, although i do need to start seeking replcements for my aging players. A new goalkeeper has already been signed in the shape of Oscar Ustari, but apart from that no other new signings have been secured thus far.

------------------------------------------

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always, And I'll be happy to upload any screenshots.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to read this!

What tactic are you using, could you post it please?

What tactic are you using, could you post it please?

If you look about a 3rd of the way down page 53 then you will see that I have already posted a link to my tactic that can be downloaded from Rapidshare.

I dont just use one tactic though, I use about 4.

And there was really no need to quote the whole of my post. :)

gandycoleuk

You are going along quite nicely, and not in too bad a position in the league, but from looking at your league table you seem to be conceding far too many goals. Id would advise using Brown at RB ahead of Neville. Gary Neville is a legend, but due to RM rating 30+ players o poorly, he really isn't up to it.

Great campaign in the Champions League so far, but beware of Roma, they could be a little tricky. And unlucky against Villa in the Carling Cup, unfortunately those things happen some times.

If looking to get rid of some players to raise fund, then try get rid of John O'Shea as you could get up to £8million if you're lucky, aswell as getting £35k p/w off the wage bill. And as much as what people dont like doing it, look to sell Pique if you desperately need funds as you should be abke to get a good deal for him.

JamieK2008

Where to start? You have some very strong players, and, in my opinion, some shockers.

Goalkeeper - Igor Akinfeev isn't bad, but there are much better options available. Juan Pablo Carrizo is a great keeper, and usually cheaper than other options. Allan McGregor is a competant back-up, but that is all.

Defence - Get rid of Petri Pasanen, Christophe Berra, and Miki Roque as non of them are good enough. Also loo to offload Angelo Palombo as he is not getting any younger. You need to look for a young CB as you dont seem to have any young quality there.

Midfield - Aaron Lennon is not good enough on FM for a side like Manchester United. I have never had Aaron Ramsey personally, but I have never seen him develop into anything more than good, and a side like United should have better thn just "good" in their squad. Also there are much better wide left players than Stewart Downing.

Attack - You are atleast one striker light. I cant judge Jamie Kerr as he is either regen, or I have never seen him. Steven Fletcher at Manchester United? You need someone who is atleast 3times better than him.

Crikey this thread isn't the most active of places is it? A bit strange despite this being the thread for the biggest club in the world. Oh well nevermind, I'll keep posting my updates and hope that interest increaes.

Here's another long read for those of you looking in....................

The summer transfer window has just past, and it has perhaps been my most inactive of my 3 summer's in charge of United. Despite such a huge transfer budget, I have only spent as much as I have brought in from sales. Once again, many players have gone out on loan though to get first team football.

Players Out;

Dimitar Berbatov - £12.5million - Newcastle

Eren Derdiyok - £2.2million - QPR

Fraizer Campbell - £2million (plus 30% sell-on fee) - West Brom

Federico Macheda - £1million - Sunderland

Evandro Brandao - £500k - Burnley

Possebon - £400k - Vicenza

Edwin van der Sar - Bosman - FC Twente

Dimitar Berbatov was getting a little unhappy towards the end of last season as he wasn't always in my first XI. He would also turn 29 this season and I wanted to recoup some of the money I spent on him while I could. Playing often meant that I had to change my system to fit him in too. All in all, this was a decent, if not great, deal.

Eren Derdiyok simply never developed as I had hoped. He had a decent season at relegated Preston last term and this wasn't a bad deal to get for him.

Fraizer Campbell had grown annoyed last term after a lack of first team football. I didn't have a use for him, and to get this money for him after he spent all of last season in the reserves was very good in my opinion.

Edwin van der Sar was no longer needed. Ben Foster had taken his place in the first team last season, and he is by now too old. Goodbye to a good servant.

Federico Macheda, Evandro Brandao, and Possebon were all sold as I couldn't see them ever developing enough to get in my first team.

3 other youth team players were released.

Players In;

Juan Pablo Carrizo - £8million - Lazio

Oscar Ustari - £4.1million - Getafe (Loaned Out to Racing Santander)

Manuel Martinez Sanchez - £2.8million - Racing Santander

Daniel Alvarez - £1.7million - Barcelona

John Bostock - £1.5million - Tottenham

Juan Carlos Olaizola - Free - Villarreal

Carrizo was only brought in after Ustari had had to be loaned out after still needing to spend time in Spain to get Spainsh citizenship, and therefore a work permit. I couldn't go into the season with just Ben Foster, and looking at Carrizo's stats and how he has played so far, £8million is a bargin.

Oscar Ustari had been signed to be my number one, but after failing to take up Spanish citizenship in time, he has had to be loaned out for now, and so far has been first choice at Santander.

The other 4 signings, have all gone straight into my under 18's side for now, although Martinez has already been on the bench in a couple of games.

Mario Balotelli, Sherman Cardenas, and James Tomkins have all returned from loan spells and will be in my first team squad.

Loans Out;

Freddie Sears - Bolton

Aquino - Burnley

Damien Plessis - Blackpool

Danny Welbeck - Colchester

Fagner - Flamengo

Alberto Paloschi - Newcastle

Manucho - Valladolid

Jimmy Bermudez, Sandro, Oded Gavish, Damien Le Tallec, Aurelien Teaudors, Michal Miskiewicz, Fabio, Kenan Kodro - All to Antwerp

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers;

1.Juan Pablo Carrizo

12.Ben Foster

Defenders;

2.Gary Neville

3.Patrice Evra

5.Rio Ferdinand

6.Wes Brown

15.Nemanja Vidic

19.Alex Silva

22.James Tomkins

25.Danny Simpson

30.Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders;

4.Owen Hargreaves

8.Anderson

11.Ryan Giggs

16.Michael Carrick

18.Paul Scholes

21.Sherman Cardenas

24.Darren Fletcher

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

7.Cristiano Ronaldo

10.Wayne Rooney

14.Mario Balotelli

17.Nani

20.Sean Scannell

32.Carlos Tevez

Reserve/Youth Team Players;

31.Mamadou Sakho (DLC)

33.Rodney Sneijder (AMLC)

34.Jack Wilshere (AMRC)

35.Manuel Martinez Sanchez (DRC)

36.Jose Antonio Heredia (CM)

38.Niklas Barkroth (AMLR)

40.John Bostock (AMC)

41.Ben Amos (GK)

42.Daniel Alvarez (ST)

43.Victor Moses (ST)

44.Andoni Saizar (CB)

45.Juan Carlos Olaizola (GK)

The Season So Far

Three seasons running now we have begun by winning the Community Shield. Once again we faced Chelsea, but we were missing a couple of players through injury. Carrizo, Nani, and Rooney were all missing, meaning I switched to 4-4-1-1 with Darren Fletcher player wide on the right. In the first half Chelsea absolutely dominated possession, but failed to create chances. We had the odd chance on the counter attack, but nothing more.

In the second half I slowed the tempo down, and put Ronaldo in the striking role instead of Tevez, who went to AMC. Just 7 minutes later the reward came as Tevez smashed home from distance. Ronaldo later added an excellent free kick, and wrapped it up in the last 10mins with a counter attacking goal, and my 9th trophy was in the bag.

Community Shield

Once again we have started our league campaign brilliantly, winning all our first 6 games. We have banged in 16 goals, second only to Fulham who have smacked in 19. We also have the joint best defence with Chelsea and Man City, having conceded just 3 goals. Surprisingly enough though, all the goals we have conceded have come at Old Trafford.

Newcastle (H) 2-1 - (Vidic, Tevez)

QPR (A) 3-0 - (Giggs, Tevez, Balotelli)

Everton (H) 2-1 - (Ferdinand, Ronaldo)

Burnley (A) 4-0 - (Nani, Balotelli 2, Rooney)

Fulham (H) 3-1 - (Silva, Nani 2)

West Ham (A) 2-0 (Ronaldo 2)

League Table So Far

In the middle of all this we have also played in the European Super Cup, which was against UEFA Cup winners, (of course), Lazio. We absolutely cut them to shreds, thrashing them 4-0. Wayne Rooney bagged 2 and Carlos Tevez and Ronaldo got one each. And the aging skipper Ryan Giggs turned in a classy performance.

European Super Cup

The draw for the Champions League group stage has been made, and we have been handed what should be a relatively simple group for us to progress from.

Manchester United

CSKA Moscow

Ajax

CFR Cluj

Trips to Moscow and Amsterdam to face CSKA and Ajax repectively could be slightly tricky, but Im expecting 6 wins out of 6 games.

And as we look to win the Carling Cup for the third time in a row, we begin our campaign away to Premier League side Newcastle. Thankfully Alberto Paloschi wont be able to play against me!

------------------------------------------------

Any comments or suggestions you have are welcome, and I'll be happy to upload any screenshots you wish to see.

Many thanks to those of you who took the time read this.

And thanks in advance to any of you who comment.

Decided to do a different United game than usual, joining them in 2026 after Vialli got them relegated. Started off at Bolton, then managed Ghana, Aston Villa, England, Milan, Barcalona, England again then United.

Ferguson resigned in June '08. His successors were Steve Coppell, Thomas Doll, Mark Hughes, Ruud Gullit, Jason Dodd, Marcelinho, Peter Beardsley, Mirko Slomka, Fat Frank Lampard, and Gianluca Vialli. Utd won no league titles, 3 European Cups, and 1 FA Cup.

Finished 5th in 1st season in the Champioship, losing in a playoff semi. Won the league by 4 points in 2027/28 despite being deducted 10 points for going into administration. Got a new chairman called Tom Burge and a load of directors to replace the yanks. Hired Quinton Fortune and Nicky Butt as coaches and Giggsy as ass man.

Finished 7th in 1st season back in the prem, Bolton won the league. Finished 4th in 2029/30, 5th and European Cup winners in 2030/31 then finished 2nd and retained European Cup and won the FA Cup and am currently 5th in 2032/33. Only 2 and a half season until the loan is payed off.

Goalkeeper - Igor Akinfeev isn't bad, but there are much better options available. Juan Pablo Carrizo is a great keeper, and usually cheaper than other options. Allan McGregor is a competant back-up, but that is all.

Akinfeev is in the top 5 goalkeepers in the game far better than Carrizo

Akinfeev does turn out to be world class, in fairness the GK stats are quite similar as are the physical with Akinfeev being better on mental stats.

Quick update on my game, just starting my 4th season with utd, last season won the league and fa cup, semis on the champs league & quarters on the league cup.

GK - Foster/Ustari/Bouzanis

RB - Ramos/Simpson

LB - Evra/Sakho

CB - Rio/Evans

CB - Vidic/Pique

DCM - Hargreaves/Sankhare

ACM - Carrick/Fletcher

AMR - Ronaldo/Wijnaldum

AML - Nani/Aquino

AMC - Kaka/Anderson

FC - Rooney/Tevez/Balotelli

Got good backup in the reserves with youngsters coming through.

Possibly a few problem areas though, no left back coming through, have promoted Sakho as backup to get experience as he will replace rio at the end of the season, any suggestion on a young left back? Chiellini is in the frame, Traore won't move as yet, Bale hasn;t developed that well for some reason.

Also the right of midfield, Wijnaldum doesn't like Nani or Ronaldo so am going to loan him out for a bit as sometime this cures the hatred! Have been playing Tevez therr as backup and Balotelli as backup striker, really want a good youngster to backup that righthand side, any suggestions who? Had Ninis and sold him wasn't that good, got Assulin but he's not developed enough yet.

Cheers

gandycoleuk

You are going along quite nicely, and not in too bad a position in the league, but from looking at your league table you seem to be conceding far too many goals. Id would advise using Brown at RB ahead of Neville. Gary Neville is a legend, but due to RM rating 30+ players o poorly, he really isn't up to it.

Great campaign in the Champions League so far, but beware of Roma, they could be a little tricky. And unlucky against Villa in the Carling Cup, unfortunately those things happen some times.

If looking to get rid of some players to raise fund, then try get rid of John O'Shea as you could get up to £8million if you're lucky, aswell as getting £35k p/w off the wage bill. And as much as what people dont like doing it, look to sell Pique if you desperately need funds as you should be abke to get a good deal for him.

After looking at the squad right now, O'Shea probably would'nt be sold just yet as he so versatile that he is always first on my bench. After thinking it through, I have decided not to change my squad at the moment because Pique is still developing. But thanks all the same for your advice mate.

Campbell :( Carrizo isn't much of a goalkeeper tbh, he's even worse than VDS. He's better than Akinfeev but that's because Akinfeev isn't very good that said he's a good backup on a freebie though. The best young goalkeeper is Lloris. He's got the lot. Ochoa is also decent but has low rushing out. You should see Scannell on my game. He's bloody ffb.

Campbell :( [/Quote]

I know. :(

I didn't realy want to get rid of him, but there was no point having him decaying in my reserves.

Carrizo isn't much of a goalkeeper tbh, he's even worse than VDS.

To be fair, in the 3rd season he's not word thatn van der Sar. :D

He is very good. My screenshot kind of illustrates this. The only thing he seems to be poor at is "punching."

gandycoleuk

JamieK2008

Where to start? You have some very strong players, and, in my opinion, some shockers.

Defence - Get rid of Petri Pasanen, Christophe Berra, and Miki Roque as non of them are good enough. Also loo to offload Angelo Palombo as he is not getting any younger. You need to look for a young CB as you dont seem to have any young quality there.

Midfield - Aaron Lennon is not good enough on FM for a side like Manchester United. I have never had Aaron Ramsey personally, but I have never seen him develop into anything more than good, and a side like United should have better thn just "good" in their squad. Also there are much better wide left players than Stewart Downing.

Attack - You are atleast one striker light. I cant judge Jamie Kerr as he is either regen, or I have never seen him. Steven Fletcher at Manchester United? You need someone who is atleast 3times better than him.

Hey tomtuck do u have any suggestions on good signings... i know i am 6 seasons in but all the young players will be only bout 25 or 26 ??? HELP!!!!

Hey tomtuck do u have any suggestions on good signings... i know i am 6 seasons in but all the young players will be only bout 25 or 26 ??? HELP!!!!

Two players that stand out in myopinion would be Younousse Sankhare and Mamadou Sakho, both are excellent players. Victor Moses is another who usually turns out very good.

If you look about a 3rd of the way down page 53 then you will see that I have already posted a link to my tactic that can be downloaded from Rapidshare.

I dont just use one tactic though, I use about 4.

And there was really no need to quote the whole of my post. :)

Cheers Mate, got the one on page 53, are any of the others you use posted?

Just thought Id do a little midseason, (well mid December), update as my side have just competed in the FIFA World Club Championship....................

In the semi finals of the tournament we faced Mexican side Cruz Azul, who had knocked out Nigerian outfir Enyimba in the previous round. My side cruised to a 2-0 win, depsite not fielding my strongest line up. Though it was Wayne Rooney that bagged both the teams goals in the 28th and 38th minute.

FIFA World Club Championship Semi Final

In the final we would face the Argentinian's, Independiente. I fielded a very similar line-up to the one in the semi final, and one again we secured victory. It was only by a 1-0 scoreline after a Mario Balotelli strike, but the opposition rarely troubled us and the victory was nevr in doubt. And nnother trophy was in the bag.

FIFA World Club Championship Final

The league campaign is not going as planned so far. After remaining unbeaten throughout the whole of last season, we have already lost 3 league games in 16 games so far. We sit 4th in the table, and what looks like a massive 7 points behind leaders Arsenal. Fortunately we have a game in hand, which is away to West Brom.

League Table So Far

We have qualified for the knockout phase of the Champions League, and are once again into the semi finals of the Carling Cup. But more on the progress in those competitions in my end of season review.

TomTuck- any chance you could upload the other tactics that you use please? I've been using the tactic that you've already uploaded to great success so far, so i'd be extremely keen to try out your other tactics.

Also Tom since i know you're such a mad United fan and like to play pretty much like they do in real life, are you going to create a tactic like we're (hopefully if we sign Berba) going to play at times this season. A 4-2-3-1 with Berba as the target man and WR+CT+CR all running wild behind him??

Aguero is the best player EVA! He just scored yet another hattrick. That makes it 11 goals and about 4-6 assists in 7 games. Shame Rooney's suffering because of his brilliance now. He's going to be knocked off the top of the Premiership top goalscorers chart.

simonbyrneno.4

No problem uploading my tactics, I'll do them asap. :)

As for creating on specifically for Berbtov on FM, I have sold him so there's no need. Plus I dont think United would use all 4 of them in one formation, it would be suicide. I also sincerely hope that we dont sign him. As usueful as he is to United on FM, in real life, he is simply not what we need, I hope Im proved wrong, but I dont think I will be.

Aguero is the best player EVA! He just scored yet another hattrick. That makes it 11 goals and about 4-6 assists in 7 games. Shame Rooney's suffering because of his brilliance now. He's going to be knocked off the top of the Premiership top goalscorers chart.

Couldn't get Aguero to do well when I had him in a pevious United save. :(

simonbyrneno.4

Here are my other tactics;

4-1-2-2-1 System no.2 - The difference with this system is that the wingers and striker are set in their positions, so no interchanging. The tactics are ever so slightly different aswell.

4-4-1-1 System - Traditional wide men, (Usually Nani and Giggs), with Ronaldo playing behind Rooney/Tevez. The AMC and ST swap positions.

4-4-2 System - Ronaldo plays from the right cutting into the strikers, who are given "free role" instructions. I often play Ronaldo on the left when I use this system, which means switching the instructions for the left and right winger.

4-3-3 Sysyem - I only use this if Im say 2-0 down at half time. It doesn't always work, but sometimes, (see Blackburn result a quarter of the way down page 54), it comes off. Ronaldo is used as the central of the 3 attackers by me.

Feel free to use them if you choose, and tweak them as you wish....................but dont come back moaning at me if they dont work! ;)

So i started as United on the WeeGIE update and although the squad looks very small due to all the transfer budget more than makes up for that.

my transfers...

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdtransfersxf1.jpg

i also have a few coming in over the next couple of years.

Lucas Trecarichi - £725K - 1.7.2008

Martin Galvan - £625K - 19.7.2010

Rafael Forster - £425 - 23.7.2008

Gerson - £400K - 1.1.2011

The Games

First Portsmouth in the Community Shield

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=communityshieldks1.jpg

onto the Premiership

Middlesbrough - 4-0 (Ferdinand, Evra, Anderson, Bojan)

Sunderland - 2-0 (Fazio, Ferdinand)

Newcastle - 3-1 (Bojan,Bojan, Rooney)

Tottenham - 2-0 (Vidic, Bojan)

So i won Manager Of The Month for August and im top of the Prem by 2 points.

UEFA Super Cup

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uefasupercupti2.jpg

I got a quite easy Campions league draw as my group consists of Me, Galatasaray, Werder Bremen (still have Diego) and Bordeaux.

so heres the team

GK - VDS/Foster

RB - Brown/Neville

LB - Evra/Silvestre

CB - Ferdinand/Evans

CB- Vidic/Fazio

RM - Ronaldo(inj)/Park

LM - Nani/Giggs

(A)CM - Dont know yet as Scholes' stats are plummiting and anderson hasnt preformed when played there but Banega has so maybe him.

(D)CM - Veloso atm but with Carrick and Hargreaves comming back will be lots of competition.

ST - Adriano, Rooney, Tevez and Bojan fighting for two places with Saha and Campbell looking games going to be hard to chose but with 3 injured (Tevez, Saha (supprisingly) and Campbell with Rooney coming back to fitness its currently Adriano and Bojan and as you can see from the results Bojan has been better. (In Pre-Season Adriano was unbelieveable playing with Tevez so that might have something to do with him not scoring many.)

TomTuck- Thanks for uploading them. Greatly appreciated. I'll give them a go tonight and let you know how i get on.

(off topic---On Berbatov, TomTuck, who would you sign cause i really do believe that he's perfect for us. He's got that swagger and arrogence about him that just makes you believe that if he does arrive at Old Trafford, he will have arrived at the platform for him to strut his stuff-very ala Cantona in the 90's. Now i'm not comparing the impact that he could have to the impact that Eric had i'm just comparing the similarities in their characteristics.)

Sorry for going a bit off topic there

simonbyrneno.4 - No problem, happy to help.

About Berbatov, you say his arrogant, exactley why I dont like him. He is simply not good to enough to behave like he does. The scene he put on when he was on the bench against Newcastle last season was an absolute joke. He is a god player, but when things don't go his way, out comes thebottom lip and just sulks.

I dont at all think that he is what United need. United need a big strong striker who is good in the air, can hold up the ball, and can bring others into play. He can only do 2 of those things. He is not good enough in the air, and is not strong enough.

Last season it was obvious at times, (both Man City defeats especially), that United lacked something different when it was needed. Berbatov wouldn't give us anything different. He is just a taller, lazier, and slower version of Tevez. I honestly dont know who I would sign, but I wouldn't pay upwards of £15million for Berbatov, nevrmind the £28million fee that is been banded about.

a la Huntelaar.

No, not t all. The fee been reported for him is what, £20million? For that what do you get? Someone who has proved nothing, except he can score score in the Dutch league? Yes I know van Nistelrooy came across and was brilliant.....................but for every van Nistelrooy, there is a Kezman.

Back to FM................

croaker

Nice start to the season wrapping up the 2 trophies.

Some very shrewd signings, though you perhaps over paid by £2/3million or so for Veloso as he is usually available for £7million after some buttering up of him and the Sporting Lisbon boss. Nevertheless a good buy.

I think you have too many strikers, and after signing Adriano, the loan of Bojan wasn't really necessary. And Id look to offload Silvestre as you can get around £6million for him if your lucky, aswell as Jonny Evans as there are much better CB's aroud than him. And where ever John O'Shea is, get rid of him as he is carrying around £35k p/w.

Archived