FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

I bought Dimitar Berbatov for £22.5million, but that meant that I had to use the second 4-1-2-2-1 system I uploaded with the wingers striker staying put and not moving all over the place. After 2 seasons I sold him as I didn't like messing about with my system just to suit 1 player.

Now I just use Nani in the system and dont have another regular striker.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the reason i signed Adriano was because i was in need of a good target-man type ST and i thought he was a good option (i will sell him next season and look to bring in some-one better hopefully a nice profit) and Bojan has been the top preformer so far and with all my strikers sitting in the treatment room becoming best buddies with Saha thought i needed him.

O'shea will be sold dont worry about that and Silvestre will be out alongside him plus even though they are legends Giggsy and Scholes are on £60K a week but i just cant sell them.

i have Been saying Scholes will make a good coach hopefully he does but everytime i say it he says he wants to Concentrate on playing(Does he become a coach).

im thinking of getting new wingers im having to play Anderson at LM because i have Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo and Martin out Injured.

any suggestions on improvement

i was bidding for Kalouda at the start but his club were being prats .

some team had a £350K offer accepted i offer £350K rejected next i offer £500K rejected so i got p....off and didnt bid.

Ben Arfa at Marseille as i am on the weeGIE and doesnt want to come.

dont know what Traore the Arsenal one looks to be a decent LM (set to natural or accomplished on weeGIE) if abau raziak im not a big fan.

never heard of Ilsinho so will give him a look when im on

the others are good shouts thanks for them.

Is'nt it annoying to have a big brother who is the childish one? Not only did he delete my United save but deleted FM08 altogether from my laptop! Absolutely gutted, was losing the league but was in both FA Cup and Champions League finals against Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.

As a result, I may just take a little break from United on FM and try another team. Thanks for reading everything, which was not much, that I wrote and hopefully back on here soon.

Is'nt it annoying to have a big brother who is the childish one? Not only did he delete my United save but deleted FM08 altogether from my laptop! Absolutely gutted, was losing the league but was in both FA Cup and Champions League finals against Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.

As a result, I may just take a little break from United on FM and try another team. Thanks for reading everything, which was not much, that I wrote and hopefully back on here soon.

Hey guys, I've decided to start yet another new United save on FM08. I will be starting later on and will be back with updates every September, January and end of season of each season. Thanks for reading.

McGann10

Good signings so far, especially the acquisition of Vela. He'll be a great long term investment. I personally wouldn't go for Guardado or Mikel as they will both cost ridiculous amounts of money that could be invested much more wisely.

As for selling players, Id look to offload Silvestre and O'Shea. Both of which are on quite high wages for back-up players, and you should be able to get around £5million for each of them.

How much goals a season does Ronaldo score for you people playing a Manchester United save?

In the 2 seasons I have completed so far with United Ronaldo has got over 40 in both seasons.

But that is without using other people's tctics, so I feel it's a bit more of an achievement, especially when you look at an above screenshot where one player has got over 60 goals, and a CB has got 22 goals.

i took over United in Season 2 and Ronaldo's record looks like this:

Season 2 - Played 59 - Scored 51 - Assisted 28

Season 3 - Played 66 - Scored 42 - Assisted 25

Season 4 - Played 53 - Scored 30 - Assisted 22*

*Current Season with 8 Games left but really its 9 because i have Inter in the Semi's of the Champions League

Im about to start another game with Man Utd but i want to know who you always buy at the start because i never know who to get

United are light in the strikers department at the start, so I suggest Owen, Pandev or Amauri. It depends how much you have to spend.

Depends on the patch too. I'd recommend buying a cheap backup for the first season. Then in the 2nd when you have enough money you can buy Aguero and Campbell, Brandy and Manucho are back from loan. On 8.02 Manucho is back anyway. I bought Salvador Cabanas. He's been solid if not spectacular which is what I wanted.

With just days until the last game of the season, I had my game in hand against Liverpool to play. Victory would take us top, one point ahead of rivals Manchester City. Anything less would leave us hoping that City would slip on the final day. The boys were tired after a hectic schedule of 6 games in 2 weeks, where as Liverpool had only played twice in same time.

A 4-4-1-1 fpormation is NOT defensive, and I can safely say that my side perform best when tired, and under pressure to get a result.

Sunderland await at Old Trafford on the final day, aswell as a full season update later on! ;)

Rooney just scored a hattrick against R. Madrid after I said his form was **** :D But then again Aguero wasn't playing next to him. I think he hates Aguero but loves Tevez. Tevez laid on 2 assists and scored the other in a 4-0 thumping :cool:

Hey guys, just about to start the 1st season in my United save against Chelsea in the Community Shield and was thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with these players:

van der Sar

O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra

Fletcher, Carrick

Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs

Rooney

I was just wondering what overall team instructions you would employ in this formation to achieve success. I saw a similar formation on the very first page of this thread so any help much appreciated.

Archived