FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in first season i ended up goin for Marcelo got him for 5.5 and retrained him as AML seems to be doin very well i got rid of saha and didnt bring anyone in so only have rooney and tevez im thinking i would like someone young to bring in prob 19 under any ideas not sure of money yet just ideas would be great??

start of third season my team is looking like this

GK - Foster / Costil

RB - Brown / Behrami

LB - Evra / Miguel Torres

CB - Ferdinand / Nordviet

CB - Vidic / Fazio

DM - Veloso / Diarra(Portsmouth 1)

RM - Ronaldo / Dos Santos

LM - Messi / D'lasandro (sp??)

AM - Van Der Vaart / Mountinho

ST - Benzema / Huntelaar

ST - Rooney / Tevez

I loaned Anderson to Zaragoza to get games if anybody is wondering where he was.

Players i am looking to sign are...

GK - Lloris, Akinfeev, Neuer

RB - Sergio Ramos, Daniel Alves

LB - Crisitco (Back up)

CB - Zapata (Fast CB Rio replacement)

AM - David Silva

Bojan is qualitiy i had him on loan 1st season and after his loan spell with me in the second season he was regarded as a first teamer/indespenceable to the club.

start of third season my team is looking like this

GK - Foster / Costil

RB - Brown / Behrami

LB - Evra / Miguel Torres

CB - Ferdinand / Nordviet

CB - Vidic / Fazio

DM - Veloso / Diarra(Portsmouth 1)

RM - Ronaldo / Dos Santos

LM - Messi / D'lasandro (sp??)

AM - Van Der Vaart / Mountinho

ST - Benzema / Huntelaar

ST - Rooney / Tevez

I loaned Anderson to Zaragoza to get games if anybody is wondering where he was.

Players i am looking to sign are...

GK - Lloris, Akinfeev, Neuer

RB - Sergio Ramos, Daniel Alves

LB - Crisitco (Back up)

CB - Zapata (Fast CB Rio replacement)

AM - David Silva

Bojan is qualitiy i had him on loan 1st season and after his loan spell with me in the second season he was regarded as a first teamer/indespenceable to the club.

Great team, Nordtveit is a quality player, so I would seriously consider using him as your first choice CB if Ferdinand is getting slower.

As an Arsenal fan, I've had him often and he always becomes great.

Good squad mate

IMO, Sung, Giggs and O'Shea arent good enough in FM. Giggs should be kept for tutoring though. Neville, VDS and Scholes will also be getting worst, but will all make good tutors.

On first glances I reckon you need a top class keeper. Frey, Lloris, Neuer, Ochoa are good choices.

You could also do with a new RB. Sagna, Alves, De Silvestri would be good, all are top players.

Other than that, I see a very good squad. I presume you have the Sakho's, Saivet's, etc etc.

Good squad mate

IMO, Sung, Giggs and O'Shea arent good enough in FM. Giggs should be kept for tutoring though. Neville, VDS and Scholes will also be getting worst, but will all make good tutors.

On first glances I reckon you need a top class keeper. Frey, Lloris, Neuer, Ochoa are good choices.

You could also do with a new RB. Sagna, Alves, De Silvestri would be good, all are top players.

Other than that, I see a very good squad. I presume you have the Sakho's, Saivet's, etc etc.

Nah i don't have Sakho and Saivet but am trying to get saivet

Also barcelona have made a non-negotiable £16 mil bid plus 15% of next-sale for Evra

as much as i dont want to sell him i think that this deal could be a decent bit of business and I'm already trying to buy bale so what do you lot reckon

Dont sell Evra, there arent many better than him, especially for that money.

I wouldnt accept the Foster offer. Your Man Utd, you dont need £10mil and he is great, especially if you have someone ahead of him. Best backup keeper in the game IMo.

I ended up selling them both because they were both unhappy (i dont know why, im unbeaten in the league, won the community shield, super cup and Club world Championships)

£16m???? Are you crazy? Ridiculous crazy decision. I've just sold Pique for £5m with £40m after 1 international appearance and Nani for £0 and £35m after 1 international appearance. I could easily get more for Evra. FFS, £16m...

2nd Season to Barca. Too slow for me. So I bought Vidal who is much better defensively, faster and probably the best CB aerially. Only £5m too. And Nani is pretty useless creatively so I sold him like a shot. And bought Fernandez for £10m. Fffffb player.

Yeah i find nani is so hit and miss really frustratting, everytim i look at vidal scout says he is not worth buying at all?? How good a left winger is fernandez the raves on here are insane? I have marcelo as LM and he is awesome not a bigscorer though

Vidal has good potential and far better stats than Pique who has more potential but still won't be as good as Vidal no matter what. And Fernandez is a great winger but does tend to drift inside because of his preferred moves. On 8.00 he's one of the best players in the game and on 8.02 while he's been toned down he still is one of the best wingers.

i sold Nani for £35 mil to juventus (Board did it) ut i replaced him a season later with Messi for £39.5 mil so i took a bit of a loss, next up david silva for AMC

probably have to wait till he signs a new contract though as he signed 1 with over 100 mil release.

Sorry for double post im thinkin i could do with probably a CM end of the season any ideas people not sure on money yet playin 8.02?? Oh and first season

Another thing how does everyone play rooney and tevez one target man if so who one running on what???

What type of CM are you after??

Bodmer

Toulalan

Fabregas

De Rossi

Zapater

i have one set up to run onto through balls by putting his mentality to attacking and Forward runs to often and the other put his mentality a bit lower than normal so he will drop of and play like Tevez did against portsmouth and have them swap position.

Cheers Croaker great list thinkin maybe toulalan loved him on my lyon game im just feelin that carrick just doesnt cut the mustard anyone agree?? whats a reasonable selling fee end of first season for carrick?

Im having a cracker of an end of season:

1 - Chelsea - Played 36 - Goal Dif +63 - Points 88

2 - Man Utd - Played 36 - Goal Dif +59 - Points 85

3 - Arsenal - Played 36 - Goal Dif + 52 -Points 85

I have fulham H and Pompey A to go and chelsea have to play arsenal at the emirates to fingers crossed i can win both and that the gooners beat chelsea then hopefully the title is mine just need to score a bundle as well, also rooney is scoring for fun he has 40 in 51 hes been immenese, tevez has 27 in 43 and ronaldo has 30 in 51 so doin great there will let y ano how it ends

Carrick is rubbish. I'd recommend Veloso. Such a ffffb player. Possibly the best DM on the game. Actually, definitely. I don't see anybody topping him. Also, Bodmer is a ffffb all-round player. He can play absolutely everywhere except in goal.

Archived