FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Bodmer is gonna cost me 18m so is he worth it?? carrick off to newcastle for 12.5m happy to let him go. Also i can get aguero for 30m is he worth it i have ronney and tevez but would be nice to add a ST. hopin i can just get enough cash to but them both

Also any ideas for more CM and St would be ace, Have looked at rossi hes too much, toulalan not interested, dont fancy fernandez and i have no idea bout strikers

ST(i think you mean like a target man??)

Cavani

Huntelaar

Amauri

Benzema

Ashton

(IF not)

Aguero is one of if not the best

Mutu

Pandev

Van Persie

Villa

MC

David Silva can play there as can Aguero

Kim Kallstrom

Van Der Vaart

Pirlo

Alonso

Why not play Anderson and Bodmer (£18 million is a great price IMo)

Adman10

Thats a decent fee for Bodmer. As has already been stated by Evon, he perfroms excellently just about anywhere.

As for Agüero, my experience with him wasn't good so Id say no. But everyone else seems to think he is god, and would tell you to certainly buy him for that much.

alrite lads, started a man united save just before i went on hol and now i'm back and looking for suggestions to improve my squad.

This squad is season 3, and i've won 2 league titles and currently on a 76 game unbeaten streak in the league :) i've also won 2 cups.

GK; Ben Foster/Marco Amelia

DR; Daniel Alves/Wes Brown

DL; Gareth Bale/John O'shea

DC; Rio Ferdinand/Havard Nordtveit

DC; Nemanja Vidic/Jonny Evans

MC; Angelo Palombo,Michael Carrick/Owen Hargreaves

AMC; Anderson/Paul Scholes

ST; Guilherme/Wayne Rooney/Carlos Tevez/Sergio Aguero/Jozy Altidore

I have that many strikers because i use a formation where there is a striker up top and then 2 strikers in an AMC position with a farrow going up to the striking positions next to him.

I hope that makes sense :p

anyways, any suggestions on any positions would be helpful :)

Nothing on Aguero. And no better than Tevez or Rooney, worse in fact. If you bought him he probably should be 3rd striker. Though he has got similar pace to Tevez and much more aerial ability...but he definitely wouldn't fit into my system hence why I would never buy him.

You Aguero as a playmaker and Rooney as a Striker to run onto through balls and then ste to swap position because Aguer is faster than Rooney and can play that role aswell.

Rotate Tevez with them.

look for a bigger striker just incase things arent going to plan (I would suggest Huntelaar or Cavani)

Ok August season 2 and have signed bodmer for 18m and huntelaar for 19m, lookin to bring in a left winger am debating on fernandez not sure yet ideas would be ace have 24m to spend??? How good ia quearesma??

Have got rid of O'shea, carrrick, kuszchak and park so nice clear out of what wasnt being used and some cash so lookin forward to next season really

Ok August season 2 and have signed bodmer for 18m and huntelaar for 19m, lookin to bring in a left winger am debating on fernandez not sure yet ideas would be ace have 24m to spend??? How good ia quearesma??

Have got rid of O'shea, carrrick, kuszchak and park so nice clear out of what wasnt being used and some cash so lookin forward to next season really

You paid too much for Huntelaar and Bodmer tbh and Mati Fernandez is a lot better than Quaresma imo so go for him.

Fernansez is class a few other options are

Ban Arfa

Menez

Neves (Fluminese)

Maxwell (Inter LB food at LM)

Marcelo

Nani is good there too i would wait for Messi or Silva to become avaliable because the others arent much of a leap forward.

you could also retrain Anderson (Very good when retrained)

ANd you did over pay for Huntelaar (you wouldnt be United if you didnt over pay look at Berbatov £30 million)

True true i was a little scepticle of huntelaar's price but i was in a position to get him and needed him so went for it doin ok played 2 scored 1 so fitting in ok.

On the left wing side i already have marcelo and retrained him to AML and to be honest hes doing well and i have nani as number 2 really so i dont really need a LM just be wanting to spend my budget, so ill stick with what i have til jan and see how it goes Starting line up for season 2 is:

GK - Foster

RB - Clerc

CB - Rio

CB - Vidic

LB - Evra

RM - Ronaldo

CM - Anderson/Scholes

CM - Bodmer/Hargreeves

LM - Marcelo/Nani

SC - Tevez/Huntelaar

SC - Rooney

Have to admit first game of the season i drew 3-3 with reading away i cant decide how to play rooney and huntelaar i started that game with Huntelaar up front as target man and rooney behind with an arrow to him but it didnt seem to work but anyway ill see how it goes, Any comments welcome Cheers

True true i was a little scepticle of huntelaar's price but i was in a position to get him and needed him so went for it doin ok played 2 scored 1 so fitting in ok.

On the left wing side i already have marcelo and retrained him to AML and to be honest hes doing well and i have nani as number 2 really so i dont really need a LM just be wanting to spend my budget, so ill stick with what i have til jan and see how it goes Starting line up for season 2 is:

GK - Foster

RB - Clerc

CB - Rio

CB - Vidic

LB - Evra

RM - Ronaldo

CM - Anderson/Scholes

CM - Bodmer/Hargreeves

LM - Marcelo/Nani

SC - Tevez/Huntelaar

SC - Rooney

Have to admit first game of the season i drew 3-3 with reading away i cant decide how to play rooney and huntelaar i started that game with Huntelaar up front as target man and rooney behind with an arrow to him but it didnt seem to work but anyway ill see how it goes, Any comments welcome Cheers

How's Clerc been playing for you? I'm also at the start of season 2 (no patch v8.00) and am thinking about a right back.

Ok things are not goin well im scoring but not a huge amount i went out first round of league cup to liverpool at anfield i was 3-1 up for them to come back in second half and win 4-3 not a happy chap. Also its end of september and i just lost ronaldo and huntelaar for 4 months what the hell am i gonna do i realised my only back up to ronaldo is nani and im not too fused bout huntelaar because he has only got 1 in 8 maybe a slow starter but we wont no till jan now.

Doin ok in the league am second with a game in hand buts it all been 1-0 and 2-1 so not really anything to shout about, i have fraizer campbell and am wondering what everyones experiences of him are i know hes quick but still?? cause i think im gonna need him

Oh and Bodmer is playing immensely he has 7 in 11 and is playing out of his skin best 18m think ive ever spent

hi, this is my first post,

On my FMH 08 man u game i bought berbatov for 20mill and i play a 4-1-3-2 formation which scores me mainly 4 goals every game.

Akso who do you reccomend as a replacement for neville as im not sure whether to keep brown or buy someone else

no play both as ST

in the player instructions change thier attacking Mentality 1 should be dropping off the CB's to link up play and the other be looking to get in behind.

Ok i cant find those options in player instructions anywhere??

Ok guys i am in January 2012 and have signed Pirlo (to rotate with Fabregas in CM) and Ochoa (to rotate with Casillas because Riou is extremely inconsistent despite having a high consistency stat) but don't know if i am missing something here is my current squad:

squadgj3.th.jpg

Money is no option nor wages anyone think i need to improve anywhere?

Ok im doing so bad in the league im 5th and im 9 points behind arsenal who are top, mainly due to ronaldo out for 4 months so took it upon myself to get in fernandez because i needed some fresh class and he is wicked been playing him with bodmer and his second game ronaldo was back and the midifeld of ronaldo,bomder,fernandez and marcelo is awesome now so hopefully can shoot up league fingers crossed, huntelaar back 2 games still no goals

Hi everyone. Just into the second season with United my first team is this:

GK: Van der Sar/Kuszchak

DR: Neville/O'shea/Brown

DL: Evra/O'shea

DC: Ferdinand/Brown

DC: Vidic/Evans

MR: Ronaldo/Park

ML: Giggs/Nani

MCd: Carrick/Hargreaves/Fletcher

MCa: Scholes/Anderson

FC: Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov/Campbell

Any suggestions? Don't want to change my team too much as I buy youngsters and build them up. I think I need a goalkeeper. What about Akinfeev?

Oh and 26.5 mill.

Akinfeev is a decent GK. But I find that Foster and Kuszhak are good enough. I normally sell VDS 2nd season to still get a decent fee for him.

Vincent Enyema (sp) is very good - and cheap if he is still at his original club.

I would probably buy some youngsters - saivet, sakho, wjindilum, zeefuick etc

Or splash the lot on a RB - Alves is quality.

Due to some recent, (and much needed), maintenance on my computer, all my FM games have for some unknown reason become corrupt, with one exception, (an 11 season Lyon game), for some weird reason! My Manchester United game was therefore one of those to be destroyed, and I will not be starting a new one anytime soon.

Thanks to those of you who chose to voice your opinions when I was updating my game, much appreciated.

If any of you would like to view/use my tactics, then please read my posts on the previous page(s) as Im sick of being inundated with PM's for my tactics! :D

yes i can vouch for rafinha, i have him and alves and rafinha has been quality, he`s been keeping alves on the bench !

You might be able to get Richards from Man City, but you may have to raise extra funds first. Are there any reserves you could sell?

Failing that do a search on players using key attributes. You can find some quality youngsters this way (as long as you have 'masked attribrutes' unticked.

Or you could scour some top countries U19's etc. Portugal always seem to be producing players in my game - but I'm not sure if these are regens.

Archived