FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of season one.

2nd in Premiership, 2 points behind chelsea..

Quarters of Champions League

Semi Final of League cup

Won the FA cup, 3-1 final over liverpool :D

Transfers && Squad

squados6.jpg

transfersmt2.jpg

Hoping to offload Scholes and Giggs in window. I dont play them, only sometimes as subs.... I'd Like to make some money off them while they are worth something, as i wont be needing them :)

Any other ideas on how to improve my squad?

Pretty decent season i thought, what are your thoughts?

BTW: Rooney was only a sub for the FA Cup final, i usually rotate between the three strikers.

End of season one.

2nd in Premiership, 2 points behind chelsea..

Quarters of Champions League

Semi Final of League cup

Won the FA cup, 3-1 final over liverpool :D

Transfers && Squad

squados6.jpg

transfersmt2.jpg

Hoping to offload Scholes and Giggs in window. I dont play them, only sometimes as subs.... I'd Like to make some money off them while they are worth something, as i wont be needing them :)

Any other ideas on how to improve my squad?

Pretty decent season i thought, what are your thoughts?

BTW: Rooney was only a sub for the FA Cup final, i usually rotate between the three strikers.

Matias Fernandez or David Silva I would suggest and maybe a right back.

Fernandez : 24mill? should i?

Alves: wont leave

Silva: wont leave

What about an ass man, i need one rather quickish :D;)

Also cant get rid of scholes && giggs...or neville :p

another edit ..lol...

i managed to get fernandez for 15M, and 20% buy back or something similar .. BARGIN :)

now i need a right back, and an ass man...

hi guys and girls ive started a new game 8.0.2 and im playing a 442 formation so im desperate for a out and out striker ive got 24 mill to spend. ive tested the water with a 13 mill bid for hunterlar but they have rejected but ive seen alot of people get him for that and alot less. is it because im playing 7-8 leagues so any ideas please would be fab cheers

hi guys and girls ive started a new game 8.0.2 and im playing a 442 formation so im desperate for a out and out striker ive got 24 mill to spend. ive tested the water with a 13 mill bid for hunterlar but they have rejected but ive seen alot of people get him for that and alot less. is it because im playing 7-8 leagues so any ideas please would be fab cheers

Guilherme is great get him ASAP

Micheal Owen. Always does the business for me.

You can pick him up for 8-9m, and that should leave you enough to get Fernandez as well.

jesus christ can som1 go to the previous page and reply or comment on my first season?? i spent 1 hour typing that !!

What do you want to know?

You did well won the league and European Cup go one better this year and win the lot!

I need a new keeper, I sold Kuszak (SP) for 7.5 million :D so im not sure wether to use ben foster etc, or just buy a new keeper.

8.0.0, season 2 :)

VDS is getting old, i think hes gonna retire soon :(

akinfeev, world class goalkeeper season 3 for me.

I'm coaching United now and i need a good tactic..

I was coaching Inter for 3 season and i saw United ended in 5th in 3 season and need manager. I had one CL 1 time and Seria A 2 times with Inter but i haven't start well with United so i need help with new tactic.

This is my team: http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unitedww7.jpg

Try my 'Kill Me' Tactic in the Tactics forums. Just go through the explananation of type players you need for respective positions. I've been using that tactic since beginning of the world.

I always have a knack of conceding a goal whenever dominating teams like this

ownagezm7.th.jpg

what tactic are you using, i hate tactics that makes the game look like as if you are cheating, common, this will never ever happen. chelsea lose 1-7.

for me i just use my own tactics.

what tactic are you using, i hate tactics that makes the game look like as if you are cheating, common, this will never ever happen. chelsea lose 1-7.

for me i just use my own tactics.

the tactic i used is from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=14883

I am so proud of this match that if anyone wants a copy of the saved match post your email and i'll send it to you to see for yourself if it was a cheat.

Yes please.
^^

yeah why not?

Ok, let's assume first you have a 4-4-2 formation for simplicity. Now what happens usually is your centrebacks are marking the lone striker, your fullbacks are marking their AML and AMR. And your centre midfielders are marking their centre midfielders. But what happens is, NOBODY is marking the AMC, which basically lets him run riot behind the lone striker and usually rip you apart (as well as them having alot of posession). So what you need to do is this:

- Take your MCd (the more defensive minded centre mid. So if your have Carrick and Anderson in the middle, you would take Carrick) and you go to his player instructions, click on marking, and then go 'specific' and mark him with the AMC. You have do this after you have submitted your team at the same time as your team talk.

-Then take your FCd, and specific mark him in the same way to one of the centre midfielders. If your MCd plays as the MCR (the right-sided MC), then you specific mark your FCd to THEIR LEFT-SIDED centre midfielder. This is so your MCa and your FCd aren't marking the same centre midfielder and then letting the other centre mid roam free!

If your MCd plays on the left, then your mark your FCd to THEIR RIGHT-SIDED centre mid. So in this example:

chelseanx8.th.png

If Carrick was my MCR. I specific mark Carrick to Joe Cole. Then I specific mark Tevez with Lampard.

Now my centrebacks are marking Anelka. My left back is marking Rosina. My right back is marking Malouda. My MCd is marking Cole. My FCd is marking Lampard, and my MCa is marking Essien.

Hope this helped! Now they won't rip you apart and have free roaming AMC's!

Oh and if you're up against a lone striker (as here), make sure your centrebacks have zonal marking instead of man marking.

Well i have just finished my first season with ManUtd. The season was strong overall, as i won the UEFA Champions league, The F.A cup and the league. The first season i was just looking to sign all the youngsters i normally get when i am a big club, e.g Sakho, Sankhare, Wijnaldum, Ninis, Adrien... you get the point, with the only major, 1st team signing being Nihat for 13.75 mil as backup. Here are a few pics of my 2007/2008 Season:

End of season table;

tablexn1.jpg

Transfers In & Out;

transferspw7.jpg

I have also signed Alex Tiexeira for 5m, Lassana Diarra for free; with Ben foster going the other way plus 5m for me. Also, Lansbury for 1.2m and Nordtveit for 3.2m.

Just about to start my new season, have 75 million to spend, this is my squad;

mysquadja1.jpg

Just signed a few more people so only have 50mil now to spend.. here are my 08/09 transfers so far;

manutranfsers08rc3.jpg

I reckon i need a new right back? And a new goalkeeper, have bidded for so many but it is so hard to get a good one, especially word class! What do i need to improve on in my squad? Many thanks.

you go on imageshack upload your file, file size thumbnail, wait for it too load then scroll to the bottom and you will see some links to paste into the forums.

Thanks for some info on right backs, clerc has only got 3 star for me and i am looking to build a 4 star team and beyond, so quality full backs please.

takes a year or so. also depends how many trophies you win in the first season and the affiliate clubs your linked to.

I think he means the £600m loan. That takes a lot longer than a year!

It will tell you how many months are left of the loan repayments, but I don't think there is any way of paying it off sooner with any spare cash.

started the 2011-2012 season (prem and euro champions the season before), by winning my first 13 league games, next game was liverpool (at home) who were also unbeaten but i was 6 pts clear, something had to give. after a tevez red card , ronaldo injured (month out now), the scouse b******s stole the points 2-3 after i had battered em for the entire game (reina mom). SO BLEEDING ANNOYING !

anybody think the game is so damn easy? you are NOT supposed to win the premiere league each damn year nor the CL not even the league cup ffs, everybody here including me posting about winning the premiere league an the CL

I know man utd have arguably the best squad around but surely it must be harder.

Not if you rule. Like me. Seriously though that's usually why I don't bother with Man Utd after a season or two. Too easy for me. The AI are just rubbish. Only the top four are any challenge. It also helps when Man Utd can harvest practically any player.

Hello people, quick question. Approaching second season and deciding whether to buy Matias Fernandez or Jeremy Menez. Fernandez would cost around 9m while Jeremy Menez would probably go over 10m. Can Fernandez play on the the right as well, cause I would like the player to be able to play across the field.

Fernandez or Menez???

Starting my second season as Man utd:

Season 1:

League: 2nd. 3pts behind Arsenal Drawing too many games. Only conceding 8 goals

Champ lge: Qtr finals knocked out away goals

Carling Cup: 2-1 win over Liverpool

Fa Cup: 2-0 win over Tottneham

Super Cup: 4-2 win over Zenit

Club Championship: 2-0 win Boca

Com Shield: 2-0 Porstmouth

Too many injures at the end of the season.

Season 2:

Com Shield: 1-0 win over Arsenal

League: Currently 1st

Champ Lge: 2nd in group

FA cup: not started yet

Carling cup: 4th round

Archived