FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Fernandez is much better than Menez trust me. Menez's stats don't match up to Fernandez's and his performances for me were poor. Fernandez is brilliant on either wing and in the middle. Especially since he's one of the best dribblers on the game. Good crosser too. Fernandez is right footed btw so can definitely play on the right well.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27th october 2007. Top goalscorers: Anderson (7) Fernandez&Aguero(6)... VIDIC (5) !!!

Hes ahead of rooney & saviet....Rooney plays every game, saviet gets a game in champions league and if one of the others are injured.

Im quite impressed by vidics goal tally, anyone had similar results?

I'm having a poor second season. After winning the league and champions league in the first season I strengthened the sqaud and set about the 2nd season.

Got a draw in the first game and due to the early euro super cup game game against the winners of the UEFA cup I ended up mid table after about three games (though I had a game in hand).

A lot of my squad seemed upset with this (though we had a game in hand and it was very early in the season), and as a result have played poorly ever since. We scraped through the champions league group stage and are about 4 in the league (just 3 points off the top) but have lost loads of games and have been down to about 9th (with 2 games in hand).

Does anyone else find that their players get upset if they are not top of the league even though they have games in hand?

I'm having a poor second season. After winning the league and champions league in the first season I strengthened the sqaud and set about the 2nd season.

Got a draw in the first game and due to the early euro super cup game game against the winners of the UEFA cup I ended up mid table after about three games (though I had a game in hand).

A lot of my squad seemed upset with this (though we had a game in hand and it was very early in the season), and as a result have played poorly ever since. We scraped through the champions league group stage and are about 4 in the league (just 3 points off the top) but have lost loads of games and have been down to about 9th (with 2 games in hand).

Does anyone else find that their players get upset if they are not top of the league even though they have games in hand?

Yep, i find that. I've had many games in hand before, but the players and board are both on my back about it. It's quite annoying, actually!

what you mean corner trick?

I use my own tactics if thats what you mean :D

The corner trick is an exploit in the match engine that enables players to score loads of goals from corners, if the corners are set up correctly.

I signed Jose Rafael Alamo ( the GK ) with my 200k transfer money that i had left.

Didnt buy to play him, hes a -9 PA and i may play him if he gets better than kuzshack (sp :))...

Im probably going to train him up && sell him for a profit in a few seasons, but i'd like to play him in some cup matches against lower league teams.

i ve got him in my team but he has a WP next to his name.

I know how to solve this, offer him a new contract, but he wont sign it and im not told in my inbox that he wont sign it :(

Is he too young or something?

I signed Jose Rafael Alamo ( the GK ) with my 200k transfer money that i had left.

Didnt buy to play him, hes a -9 PA and i may play him if he gets better than kuzshack (sp :))...

Im probably going to train him up && sell him for a profit in a few seasons, but i'd like to play him in some cup matches against lower league teams.

i ve got him in my team but he has a WP next to his name.

I know how to solve this, offer him a new contract, but he wont sign it and im not told in my inbox that he wont sign it :(

Is he too young or something?

How old is he?

You could try loaning him out for a year.

Just finished the 2nd season where I won the League Cup, Premier League (by 1 point) and the Champions League (4-1 against Bayern Munich).

I've never lost so many games in a season before though - losing 3 prem games in a row just after returning from the world club championships.

In this season I've had Tevez miss training a couple of times (which I've never had on any previous games). I think I will have to sell him over the summer. Though not sure whether to sign Agureo or see if Zeefuick or Saivet are ready.

Hey all well finished a rather up and down season .... it goes as follows

Team:

ManUtdteam.jpg

yes that is wayne rooney with 41 goals in a season... finally sorted him to score... and you may see a striker with a name similiar to mine( not cheated honest lol... ok i like to add myself into the teams i play)

Tactics:

ManUtdtactics.jpg

Transfers:

ManUtdtransfers.jpg

League:

ManUtdtable.jpg

Cups wins:

Community sheild won 4-1 against portsmouth

World Club championships won 2-0 against boca

Fa Cup win 3-0 against Newcastle

the bad news:

got beat in carling cup final by chelsea

got beat in champions league semi final by real madrid (who one)

so wot do you think?? starting to build for next season ... need a good goalkeeper and strong cb i think... who would you suggest for either position

why is it when you are a big 4 club that every team expects you to pay way over the odds for players

Gareth Bale for £40m ..... i dont think so

Carlos Vela - £35m ... then went to Juve for £17.5 when i offered £22.5m

whats it all about?????

I find that too. Might be that you are their rival though so they want extra cash from you. Though they wanted double for Vela!

Start of season 2, Won the league 1st season and the comunity shield.

Lost everything else, 6th round of FA, semis of Champions league and final of league cup i think :)

so, i got 53M to play around with, and 1.9M per week..

Heres my team:

teamij2.jpg

The positions in the picture isnt my starting 11, that is just for the last game of the season for a run out as i had already won :)

I play..

GK: VDS

CB: Ferdinand and Vidic

WB: Ronaldo right, Nani left

DM: Veloso

AM: Fernandez left, Saviet/Scholes right, Anderson Middle further up the pitch

ST: Roooney and augero.

Hoping to Sell: VanDerSar, Giggs, Scholes, Saha, Park and Kuzshack.

Hoping to Buy: Frey

Team for next season..

GK: Frey // Alamo

CB: Ferdinand, Vidic // O'shea, Danny Simpson Sakho

DM: Veloso // Hargreaves

WB: Ronaldo, Nani. // Owen Heargreaves ( Need one more backup for the LEFT.)

AM: Fernadez, Anderson ( Need a right attacking Midfielder.) // Saviet

ST: Rooney, Augero.

I can obviously move it around according to injuries etc, such as have hargreaves on RWB and ronaldo as attacking midfielder if someone is injured.

So, im summary i need a Backup Left Wing Back or Winger and an Attacking Midfielder on the Right.

What do you think of my team and plan :)?

why is it when you are a big 4 club that every team expects you to pay way over the odds for players

Gareth Bale for £40m ..... i dont think so

Carlos Vela - £35m ... then went to Juve for £17.5 when i offered £22.5m

whats it all about?????

It's because you're their rival... I never play in England... however I play in Italy with Juve alot... Whenever I try to buy De Silvestri (RB from Lazio)... They always want 20-25 mil from me... while they sell him outside the league to other teams for 7 mil... They prefer less money and not sell him to rivals.

Start of season 2, Won the league 1st season and the comunity shield.

Lost everything else, 6th round of FA, semis of Champions league and final of league cup i think :)

so, i got 53M to play around with, and 1.9M per week..

Heres my team:

teamij2.jpg

GK: VDS - Not good enough, too old

CB: Ferdinand and Vidic Good

WB: Ronaldo right, Nani left Almost laughable. You're playing with two centrebacks, nothing else. For one, your wasting Ronaldo and Nani. For two, your leaving your squad very bare in defence.

DM: Veloso Fine, but you need someone like him to help save the rest of your team in that formation

AM: Fernandez left, Saviet/Scholes right, Anderson Middle further up the pitch Again ridiculous. All of those you mentioned bar Scholes are too attacking for CM

ST: Roooney and augero.Fine

That is the most ridiculous formation/squad that I have ever seen.

Not only are you wasting Ronaldo, Nani, Fernandez and Saivet, but you are also destroying VDS, Ferdinand and Vidic by only playing with two defenders!

Sorry to be harsh, but that line-up is crazy.

Not winning the league with Man Utd requires a high level of incompetence. Look at Nani and Ronaldo's condition! You're killing them and wasting their talent. Your formation is crazy and suicidal. Any half decent team or tactician can rip that apart. Arrows are to be used sparingly. You've given arrows to half your team and you're making them run miles.

I've finally got down to starting a new United save on original patch and this one is to be my last attempt to play a long-term United game:

I will be playing under my name which is Faiz Khan and I will turn 30 years of age on the 18th November in the 1st season. I have loaded up all English leagues as well as the Spanish, Italian, French, German, Dutch, Scottish and Portuguese leagues.

I have got to the end of August in my 1st season. Looking at the expectations of my board, I am expected to put up a decent fight for the Premier League crown and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League. I have also been expected to reach both domestic finals.

After notifying the board of my intention to at least challenge for the League, I have been given a decent if not unlimited transfer budget of £10m together with a £1.2m wage budget to strengthen a already a potential title-winning squad. The one position in the squad that really needed adding to was up front. With that, here are my transfer dealings before the end of August:

Players Out

Adam Eckersley - Crewe - £675k

Danny Simpson - Wigan - Season Loan

Players In

Michael Owen - Newcastle - £10m + 20% sell-on clause

Younousse Sankhare - Paris Saint-Germain - £0 + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint-Germain - £0 + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Eros Corradini - Parma - £22k + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Toni Kroos - FC Bayern - £20k + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Emilio Nsue - Mallorca - £0 + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Jukka Lehtovaara - Turun Palloseura - £20k + 40% sell-on clause (reserves)

Bogdan Stancu - Unirea Urziceni - £250k + 20% sell-on clause (reserves)

Gabriel Torje - Poli 1921 - £180k + 35% sell-on clause (reserves)

Aquino - Murcia - £0 + 40% sell-on clause (under-18s)

Henri Saivet - Girondins Bordeaux - £0 + 40% sell-on clause (under-18s)

Luca Santonocito - Celtic - £10k + 40% sell-on clause (under-18s)

So, with just the addition of Owen, my squad for season 2007-08 looks like this:

Goalkeepers

Edwin van der Sar

Tomasz Kuszczak

Defenders

Gary Neville

John O'Shea

Patrice Evra

Mikael Silvestre

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Wes Brown

Gerard Pique

Midfielders

Cristiano Ronaldo

Park Ji-Sung (out for around 4 months)

Ryan Giggs

Nani

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Carrick

Paul Scholes

Anderson

Darren Fletcher

Darren Gibson

Strikers

Wayne Rooney

Carlos Tevez

Michael Owen

Louis Saha

Progress So Far

Community Shield

The traditional curtain-raiser for the new season, as well as my 1st competitive game in charge, was won on penalties by my players at Wembley. Joe Cole gave Chelsea the advantage midway through the first half and they looked like hanging on for a narrow victory until Gibson came off the bench to force a penalty shoot-out where many players missed their chances until Carvalho was the last player to misplace his penalty and the first piece of silverware this season belonged to my players.

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdvchelsea2007commusn3.jpg

Premier League

The defence of our League crown has begun with an unbeaten run, gaining 10 points from the first 4 games. The only team keeping up with my players' form at the start of the season is Tottenham Hotspur while Chelsea and Arsenal have started reasonably well. The big shock is Liverpool at the foot of the table early in the season although that should change over the course of the season. Bolton and Middlesbrough are the two sides with the Merseyside outfit in the relegation zone. Here are my club's league results so far:

West Ham (A) - D 2-2 (Anderson 2)

Newcastle (H) - W 2-1 (Anderson & Rooney)

Fulham (A) - W 3-0 (Gibson, Rooney & Giggs)

Birmingham (H) - W 2-0 (Rooney & Giggs)

Premier League Awards:

August Player of the Month - Johnson (Everton)

August Young Player of the Month - Rooney (Man Utd)

August Manager of the Month - Khan (Man Utd)

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionehb3.jpg

Champions League

As defending League champions, my team was given a bye into the group stage of the Champions League and we have been given what looks like a tricky group:

Man Utd

Werder Bremen

Olympique de Marseille

Olympiakos

Now into September, and you will know about the season's progress in my mid-season update which will be posted in January.

What do you think of my squad and also my overall transfer dealings even this early into my United career and also what do you make of my start?

Any suggestions and advice much appreciated.

you are on the original so i would try to get Breno in in december and also Luliniha as they were both brilliant on the original release.

If you can get over £ 7 million for Fletcher i would take it and bring in Alberto Zapater (7 million release clause)

I would bring in Anichebe on loan as he would be great cover for Saha as a target man as you are lacking 1 if Saha gets injured (very likely).

I would look to bring in a cheap left back cover and get rid off Silvestre (as he is getting on and you probably wont get a good price for him.) i would suggest Dante of Standard Liege.

I would also be scouting for a potential replacement for Van Der Sar as i dont think Kuszczak is up to the job and Foster could be a back up, Akinfeev, Usatri, Lloris or Ochoa

other than that you have a strong squad

Right guys i need help of when to start introducing my youngsters... i think its getting close to the time that i start forcing youngsters through and start saving this club some money..... i have a reserve squad full of so called talent...

ManUtdreserves.jpg

as you can see some good names... they have spent at least a year and a half in reserve and going out on loan

can anyone help?

Right guys i need help of when to start introducing my youngsters... i think its getting close to the time that i start forcing youngsters through and start saving this club some money..... i have a reserve squad full of so called talent...

ManUtdreserves.jpg

as you can see some good names... they have spent at least a year and a half in reserve and going out on loan

can anyone help?

Start of by playing them in the league cup and group stage of the CL (when you've qualified).

Also, try one on the bench in league matches and bring them on if 2-0 up. Or try a couple when you play the poorer teams in the league.

Saviet always scores for me from the bench.

You may want to trim your first team squad down a bit to force yourself into playing a few of them.

Well thats season 2 done and a reasonably good season .... it goes as follows

Team:

ManUtdteam-1.jpg

Tactics:

ManUtdtactics-1.jpg

Transfers:

ManUtdtransfers-1.jpg

League:

ManUtdtable-1.jpg

Cups wins:

Community sheild won 2-0 against Chelsea

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%202/ManUtdcommcup-1.jpg

Fa Cup won 3-3 against Arsenal (won on pens)

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%202/ManUtdfacup-1.jpg

Champions League won against Chelsea 2-0

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%202/ManUtdchampionscup.jpg

the bad news:

got beat in carling cup semi final by liverpool

so wot do you think?? starting to build for next season ... looking to start using my youth a bit more and try and make a bit of money for the club as you can see i have a good reserve squad

Reserves:

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%202/ManUtdreserves-1.jpg

A day or two off December in the game I started on 8.0.2. Brought in Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Henri Saivet, Mamadhou Sakho and Dor Malul. Not sure how good the last one is but willing to give him a try. Currently 1st in the Prem and 2nd in my CL group with 1 game left. Lost in the League Cup to City playing fringe players and youngsters against their first team. Second in the CL grou because I was trying to sort my tactics out and ended up drawing games I should have won and similar in the Prem as I'm tied on points with Arsenal but with a better goal difference. Will be looking to finish off the season before the demo for FM09 comes out. Screenshots soon.

BTW Vidic is gun on corners if you set it up right. Ronaldo is top scorer with 10. If you let him play just as a normal winger he won't score much so you have to fiddle with him a bit if you want him to play as a winger but still score goals. Will show how he's set up when I get time. He was just good at the start of the season for me but then as I said before I changed tactics and he's been awesome since as well as the team.

A day or two off December in the game I started on 8.0.2. Brought in Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Henri Saivet, Mamadhou Sakho and Dor Malul. Not sure how good the last one is but willing to give him a try. Currently 1st in the Prem and 2nd in my CL group with 1 game left. Lost in the League Cup to City playing fringe players and youngsters against their first team. Second in the CL grou because I was trying to sort my tactics out and ended up drawing games I should have won and similar in the Prem as I'm tied on points with Arsenal but with a better goal difference. Will be looking to finish off the season before the demo for FM09 comes out. Screenshots soon.

Donovan and Dempsey aren't any good for a team like Utd. No where near the quality.

JamieK would the Jamie Kerr playing for United by any chance be you?

Judging by the quality of the player, yes, I think it is;)

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Its all change in the Man United boardroom during the summer of 2009.

BreakingNews.jpg

BreakingNews2.jpg

BreakingNews3.jpg

Depending on whether your happy with the Glazers or not it looks like they are on their ay out starting at the top. Never had this happen before but lets see how Martin Edwards does as my new Chairman

As above no transfers just used players available on Weegie update. Would need replacements for Giggs Scholes Neville and VDS. Evans stepped in when needed as did O'Shea, Fletcher played well and used Tevez and Rooney out of position at times.

Won the Community Shield ,Super Cup, World Club Cup and League Cup against Arsenal but lost semi ECC against Barcelona and lost FA Cup Final to Arsenal, which may have been to squad fatigue without Giggs and Scholes being up to it late in season.

hi... jus started this game... using the weegie patch...

transfer in

adrien 1m

clerc 10m

fazio 2.9m

agliardi 2.7m( nxt xfer window)

transfer out

fletcher 6m

carrick 8m

the rest of the team stays the same...

won the community shield... and 5 games into the season... with manucho playing incredibly well in the last 3 games...

lying in the 2nd position now

hi... jus started this game... using the weegie patch...

transfer in

adrien 1m Good

clerc 10m Good

fazio 2.9m Great

agliardi 2.7m OK, there are better

transfer out

fletcher 6m Good, could've got a little more

carrick 8m Could've got more

the rest of the team stays the same...

won the community shield... and 5 games into the season... with manucho playing incredibly well in the last 3 games...

lying in the 2nd position now

Also get the good youngsters, Aquino, Wijnaldum, Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare, Nordtveit. Bostock, Moses, Scannell, Wilshere, Lansbury, that CB from West Ham if you want British.

Please try and refrain from the 'txt' talk, though:)

hey guys im going into season 2012-2013 with united but im in need of a gk who would be backup (3rd choice behind akinfeev & carrizzo) hopefully english or homegrown for the champs lge, any suggestions would be welcome. im playing on the 8.02 patch .

hey guys im going into season 2012-2013 with united but im in need of a gk who would be backup (3rd choice behind akinfeev & carrizzo) hopefully english or homegrown for the champs lge, any suggestions would be welcome. im playing on the 8.02 patch .

What happened to Ben Foster? Maybe look at Dean Bouzanis or Scott Loach?

What happened to Ben Foster? Maybe look at Dean Bouzanis or Scott Loach?
Foster would be the best choice. Carson, Loach, Edwards would also be good.

foster left coz he was 2nd choice so i cant see him coming back to be third choice. bouzanis is valencia no1 i will look at loach i aint heard of him before is he top class?

Archived