FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, anyone got a good tactic that they could up load? I'm looking for one that is similar to the way United now play in real life, with Berbatov up front as the main striker with a Rooney/Tevez in the hole behind him and still get the attacking threat from Ronaldo! A sort of 4-2-3-1 formation, i think is closest to the formation that Fergie uses-with the two central midfielders sitting.

Well thats season 3 done and a good season .... it goes as follows

Team:

ManUtdteam.jpg

Tactics:

ManUtdtactics.jpg

Transfers:

ManUtdtransfers.jpg

League:

ManUtdtable.jpg

Cups wins:

Community sheild won 6-3 against Arsenal

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%203/ManUtdcommcup.jpg

Carling Cup won 2-0 Against Liverpool

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%203/ManUtdcarlingcup.jpg

Champions League won against Benfica 2-2 (won on pens)

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%203/ManUtdchampionscup.jpg

Euro Super cup won 3-0 against Newcastle

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%203/ManUtdsupercup.jpg

World Club Championship won 2-0

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/Season%203/ManUtdworldclubcup.jpg

the bad news:

Got beat in fa cup by Reading

so wot do you think?? starting to build for next season ... maybe looking at replacing Berbatov with a young striker and maybe another young cb to replace ferdinand what do you think? who would be best?

Howdy..

Loaded up FM08 over the past week after going months with having no time to play.

Currently in the year 2013 with loads of money to spend..some noticeable results so far this season:

10102008193511jl4.th.jpg

10102008193605tu6.th.jpg

10102008193656qe4.th.jpg

10102008193728sz4.th.jpg

Thinking of starting a new save with the weegie update if I get time..

Here is my team i am currently in the 2012/2013 Season

Goalkeepers

Ochoa

Casillas

Defenders

Chiellini

Ramos

Nordtveit (Legend)

Vidic

Evans (Jonny)

Rafael (Changed his PA to 180)

Midfielders

Fabregas

Messi

Nasri

Ronaldo

Millan

Anderson

Strikers

Aguero

Rossi

Rooney

Torres

I sold Ferdinand because he was making too many mistakes. I am currently trying to get my hands on some decent youngster and have Cruz Azul as a affiliate and i can sign there players for nothing so i am trying to get Galvan.

Can you recommend any decent youngsters that i should look to sign?

Board just sold Tevez to Arsenal for £35 mil in the January window of first season. Bit gutted with that, especially since i only got about £7 mil of the funds back (annoyingly, because this is a rare game i started where i have not spent stupidly, and am only in debt because i managed to get Bale offered to me for £12 million'ish.

I'm also gutted, because a few days before Inter had listed Adriano for £7 mil, but i need a Tevez replacement for around about £7 mil his price has gone up to £17 mil.

At the moment i'm flying high in the league, and my team looks like this

DL - Evra, Evans, Bale, Sakho

DR - Neville, Brown, Evans

DC - Vidic, Evans

DC - Rio, Brown, Sakho

ML - Nani, Bale, Evra, Giggs

MR - Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney

MC - Anderson, Scholes, Fletcher

MC - Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher

FC - Rooney, Bojan (Loan)

FC - Berbatov, Bojan

As you can see, i need a striker, but i also tend to play only one up top now and again in the difficult game and play two wing forwards, then i have 3 in midfield. This allows me to use Ronaldo as more of goal scoring threat yet still have a more defensive formation. Do i keep what i got for now, and use Ronaldo as a striker when i get desperate (as well as Welbeck and Saivet in the under 18's) while waiting for the next window a hopefully being able to afford someone like Aguero (who is unhappy, and price will only drop, just need to make sure no one else gets him.)

Or, do i play it safe and panic buy someone for about £7 mil. All it takes is for Rooney or Berba to get injured and that could be the season over (although i have a 10 point lead with 15 games left.) The good thing about it all means i get to use Bojan alot more, which will hopefully get me onto his favoured clubs list and make it easy for me to eventually purchase him.

Play it safe and panic buy don't really go together. Just try and sell some fringe players in your reserves. But how can you only have £7m? Weegie update? Anyway don't buy anyone unless it's under £4m and they're at least as good as Bojan. I'd try and get someone else on loan like Arouna Kone. He's usually available for loan for some reason.

Was the Weegie update yeh. I ended up not buying anyone, was not worth it considering who i bought i'd probably sell in the next window. It worked out well though, i still walked the league, and i'm currently in both cup finals (after an epic quarter final second leg against Roma where they went in front to put them through on away goals in the 90th minute, only for Rooney to score the equaliser and win the tie overall a minute later.)

I have Veloso coming now in the summer, just to get rid of the remainder of my budget for the season. I intend on getting rid of Brown and Hargreaves so that will cover Veloso's fee, then i will promote some youngsters as their back up replacements.

I will then spend whatever budget i'm giving this season on a quality striker to replace Tevez, and hopefully another striker that can also play wide to fill Bojan's role when his loan ends (thinking Agbonlahor just to keep the number of English players up in the squad)

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=82139185go3.jpg

Hi,

Im into my 3rd season and have won:

Premier league - twice

League Cup - once

I have a budget of 57 Million and am on the normal patch

My transfers this season have been:

In

Francesc Fabregas - 53 Million

Igor Akinfeev - 25 Million

Out

Fabio - 1.9 Million

John O'shea - 4.5 Million

Adrien - 4.5 Million

Mamadou Sakho - 7 Million + 50%

Craig Cathcart - 3 Million

I want to know what changes i can do to this team (if there is any)

can anyone recommend good youngsters i am in the 2012/2013 season

You're at the point of the game where there will be a lot of regens. Look around yourself for them and get your scouts to look for them aswell. There won't be many real youngsters by then.

He looks abit hit and miss, I'll just make a brief post about some of the area's of possible weakness:

Dribbling/Long shots – Only at 14, but he can improve has time on his side.

Finishing – At 9 at the moment, possibly could get to around 14/15 but I can’t see it being any higher than that.

Composure/Off the ball – Only at 11, time on his side to develop this stat though

Teamwork/Workrate – Both are very poor can’t see them getting much higher, which would be disappointing.

Decisions – At only 8 this is a worry, can only seeing this getting to around 13 possibly 14.

If you are planning on playing him at left wing or AML then two area's of concern, along with those mentioned above ofc:

Crossing – Isn’t that great at 10, time to develop though.

Balance – This is a real worry, his balance is awful and I doubt it will improve a lot possibly get around the 10 mark not much higher though.

Looking for a replacement for Rio, third season , Criscito and Pepe seem options. Any others?

Man Utd 2009/10

GK Lloris

DR Rafinha

DL Bale

DC Ferdinand

DC Brown

ML Anderson

MR Nasri

MC Hargreaves

MC Martinez

FC Tevez

FC Rooney

Hello oh wise people!

I need some help with my United game. I'm playing with the most recent weegie update and am half-way through my first season after deciding recently to start a new game.

So with it being the current United squad with Berba in my squad I've decided to try and go through the first season without buying anyone and seeing if i can bring through some of the youngsters at the club. (I've edited Welbeck, Fabio, Rafael and possebon to have -9 potential as i feel that its a more realistic potential rating for them). So i'm hoping to bring them through slowly over the next few years and maybe save myself a few quid in the long term!!(Economic crisis and all ya know!!!)

I'm doing well at the moment still in all the cups, won the charity shield and super cup, but i feel that my strike force isn't performing well enough at the moment. I'm playing a 4-4-2 with Berbatov and Rooney or Tevez as my front pairing. I want to try set up my tactic so that Rooney will play where he is most effective in the "hole" and i'm having trouble figuring out how to best utilize him. sometimes i play him AMC and others i play him FWD with a back arrow. Neither has really been effective, so i was wondering if you wise people would be willing to tell me how you set up your strike partnership, what individual player instructions you's give to them and what results you's have achieved with your settings.

Look forward to hearing peoples solutions,

Thanks guys!!

win.jpg

Champions League final. Take note of goals scored times. Easily the best game i've had on football manager ever. All out attack weren't the words for both the last minutes of normal and extra time. I think i need better penalty takers mind.

On the wing? With those instructions? Never. You're asking him to do too much. I would push his passing style up to direct, long shots rarely, through balls rarely, cross ball often/mixed whichever way you think he plays best and cross from byline. If you wanted him to score goals then maybe put an arrow from AMR, less creativity and a shorter passing style.

Well thats season 4 done and not a good season .... it goes as follows

Team:

ManUtdteam.jpg

Tactics:

ManUtdtactics.jpg

Transfers:

ManUtdtransfers.jpg

League:

ManUtdtable.jpg

Cups wins:

Carling Cup won 2-0 Against Arsenal

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/ManUtdcommcup.jpg

Euro Super cup won 3-1 against Genoa

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/ManUtdsupercup.jpg

World Club Championship won 4-1 against Racing

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/ManUtdworldclubcup.jpg

FA Cup won 4-0 against Blackburn

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/Jamie_K2008/ManUtdfacup.jpg

the bad news:

Got beat in the champions league semi by Liverpool

Got beat in Comm Shield by Chelsea

so wot do you think?? My best team so far i think so wont need to strengthen my squad this seasin unless i have enough cash for fabregas haha

I refuse to believe you actually managed to get Aguero for free. Especially in 2011 as if Inter signed him they would almost certainly give him a long term contract and they would never let his contract run down that much in any case.

Yeah zapata is gonna feature more this season with ferdinands advancing years and gonna bring in young cb for backup

Nordtveit would be best.

Other options include Vidal, Eduardo(Bahia)

I refuse to believe you actually managed to get Aguero for free. Especially in 2011 as if Inter signed him they would almost certainly give him a long term contract and they would never let his contract run down that much in any case.

I don't, AI aren't exactly what they're called - intelligent!

Evon, have you posted in the Awards yet?

Sell:

Schmeichel

Possebon

Fabio

Evans

Ramsey

Unless you improved their PA's.

Schmeichel - just my backup keeper.

Possebon, Evans and Ramsey are just squad player, I use them in League Cup and Champions League only.

Fabio - he is fantastic, i sold Evra in season 2 or 3 Because Fabio was must better than Evra... http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fabiozw9.jpg

And no i didn't do anything with PA's

Yeah, here's some...

- Benoit Costil

- Remy Riou

- Lukasz Fabianski

- Oscar Ustari

- Jose Rafael Alamo

- Antonio Adan

- David De Gea

- Dean Bouzanis

- Marcelo Grohe

- Juan Pablo Carizzo

- Vincent Enyeama

- Scott Carson

- Ben Foster

Also try the following as rotation or even first choice...

- Igor Akinfeev

- Francisco Ochoa

- Hugo Lloris

- Sebastien Frey

Hope this helps:) BTW, have you voted in the Awards yet? If not, please do:)

Archived