FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Take your pick from Costil, Ochoa or Adan etc. I'd go for Costil tbh as he is cheap, has a good potential and does not complain about being back up. Likewise with Adan.

However if you need someone who you could rotate with Neuer then Ochoa is your man. What happened to Ben Foster btw?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take your pick from Costil, Ochoa or Adan etc. I'd go for Costil tbh as he is cheap, has a good potential and does not complain about being back up. Likewise with Adan.

However if you need someone who you could rotate with Neuer then Ochoa is your man. What happened to Ben Foster btw?

Sold him to Man City! 7M + Joe Hart in season 2. Then i sold Hart in season 3 :)

Anyway i think my team is good enough for next 3-5 years. I'm gonna try to get Fabregas and new backup gk, maybe i get Foster back.

Fabregas would be excellent, also try for Martinez, Bodmer, Anderson and Toulalan. They are all world class.

Out of those I mentioned above, I'd go for Fabianski. He's very good, perhaps not good enough to be a certain choice for first choice, but he never complains if he doesn't play much and shouldn't cost too much. I'd pay up to £8mil for him if you need to, perhaps £10mil.

Currently in first season as Man U and was wondering whether to sell Febian Brandy, Danny Welbeck, Sam Hewson and Lee Martin.

Do they turn out to be any good?

Any other youngsters i should definatly keep?

Cheers.

Like Manu Legend said, both Welbeck and Brandy can turn into decent players so they are worth keeping hold of for a little while :).

Hey there folks! Am visiting the forums after an eternity!. Just resumed my legendary Man. United save. In March (14th season). Everyone but Rooney is retired. He's 34 and virtually finished in terms of stats. But I still play him as a sub in every match. Ronaldo is 35 and on loan at CSKA Sofia, He's playing in the Champions League for'em.

Henri Saviet is the captain. I've a squad full of players with CA 190+. AI hasn't figured out any way to tackle my 'Kill Me' tactic still. Will give updates whether I am able to talk Rooney, fletcher and Ronnie in becoming coaches at the club. Already have Rio & Ronaldinho there! Bye..

Very start of 1 season with Weedgie update and i've got a problem with fitting in my best players attacking wise.

Rooney

Berba

Tevez

Ronaldo

Nani

Anderson

Scholes

Giggs

Carrick

Was just wanting some opinions on what players you would pick/leave out and what formations you would use.

Also, any recommendations on who to buy in the first season,not all the young guns sakho, saivet ect...Any first teamers?

Thanks

MCd: Rotate Carrick and Hargreaves

MCa: Rotate Scholes and Anderson

AMR: Play C.Ronaldo

AML: Rotate Giggs and Nani

ST: Rotate Berba and Tevez

ST: Play Rooney

Thats how I'd line up in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

As to who to buy, the squad doesn't need much improvements in the first season but you might need cover for Ronaldo and long term you need a RB. How much have you got to spend on the weegie?

Hugo Almeida is pretty decent but not good enough for Man Utd. Never I repeat never sell Vidic as he alongside Ferdinand are probably the best DC partnership in the game. As for midfield what happened to Scholes, Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani? If you still got them then you don't need anyone except maybe a winger.

I might make it, I'm writing a starting guide atm, hopefully I can get something put up, or I'll just tack it onto the end of whoever does.

edit - Actually, I'll just tack it onto someone else post, my guide is not really similar to what the other club threads are like.

• 10 months later...

i dont believe this i am playing mancity in the last 10 mins and i get a penalty inthe 80th min then berbatov steps up, given saves !

then in the 84th min Berbatov shirts get pulled, ref looks at his assisant and award the penalty, then i quickly go to my penalty tackers and set owen hargreaves and the penalty taker with an attribute of penalty taking of 16 by the wayronaldo was injured so couldn't use him to take the penalty kicks, anyway by the time i select hargreaves to take it nani screw the kick wide, then only afterward the line making tactical changes come !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived