FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transfers

I am at the start of December. Currently in 3rd, after 15 games, 9 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses.

Behind Chelsea in 1st and Reading (lol) in 2nd.

Tevez and Rooney have been injured badly, Tevez has been out for 2 months and still has 2 months to recover from a torn calf muscle from a Argentina match, and Rooney out for 1 month, with 2 months left from a torn hamstring.

A few weeks ago, Saha had a groin strain and has bene out for 2 weeks, with 1 week left.

Formation/Tactic/Squad

be28d62d52.jpg

I use this formation home and away with very good results.

The amc is the playmaker Tevez/Anderson/Scholes/Nani

The MC needs high creativity

every player to long shots rare and if using fast striker changed to pass to feet for TM(not ticking TM box) and putting his name in the TM list, or if big striker same thing only ball to head

Originally posted by Deanosaurous:

What tactics are you using then DanielM_90? Have you got them uploaded anywhere?

tbh i hardly changed anything than what is was to being with, i still play 4-4-2 with rm and lm running to amr and aml.

Then all i done was made the mentaility attacking the tempo quick and a high line for the defence and so far is working a treat for me.

Now i believe there is a bug in my game as it says ive made 44m profit this season yet my bank balance is only just over 4m and after the sale of pique as i mentioned before its still just over 4m so i don't think that is changing. If that is the case then im buggered as i won't be able to compete in bidding wars.

This is odd, I played Liverpool, drew 5 - 5 >.>. The fans were upset at Rio, not played him since, nor have I conceded any since, that's about 7 games ago. Looking like I might sell him since it's hit January.

Reckon it's worth it if I get a good price?

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

This is odd, I played Liverpool, drew 5 - 5 >.>. The fans were upset at Rio, not played him since, nor have I conceded any since, that's about 7 games ago. Looking like I might sell him since it's hit January.

who is your replacement?

Originally posted by JC_CH07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpillBlood:

I don't really see a need, having Brown(who seems a bit too good on this) and Pique I could save my money for the big bored leakage.

First season January Transfers, Saha out for 12.25mil to Roma, and Chris Eagles.. has been bid on for 7.25mil by Middlesborough, just hoping it goes through now Park Ji-Sung is back.

who is your replacement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JC_CH07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpillBlood:

who is your replacement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really see a need, having Brown(who seems a bit too good on this) and Pique I could save my money for the big bored leakage.

First season January Transfers, Saha out for 12.25mil to Roma, and Chris Eagles.. has been bid on for 7.25mil by Middlesborough, just hoping it goes through now Park Ji-Sung is back.

well im 23 league games into my first season, top of the league and seven points clear.

what i really want to know is have you people been gettin much from Ronaldo he's played 26(2) 11 goals,8 assists and 3 man of match is that average or am i getting less out of him than what everyone eles is

well i strated off poorly 3 points off the top now

results so far

community sheild- chelsea 4-0 man utd very poor lool

man utd 1-0 derby carrick

sunderland 1-0 man utd

man utd 0-1 liverpool

aston villa 2-1 manutd rooney

next 2 results was quite starnge

man utd 6-2 arsenal kuranyi(3) rooney tevez(2)

west ham 2-5 man utd nani carrick(2) anderson saha

roma 1-1 man utd anderson fletcher missed pen

chelsea 0-1 man utd fletcher revenge is sweet

man utd 1-2 west brom league cup saha

not really fussed about carling cup but i domniated and had 2 goals dissalowed and they scored in the 122nd minute lool

had a bit of bad luck with injuries

ronaldo out for 2 months returning soon

giggs 1 month

nani 2 to 3 months broken ankle he has played well for me aswell

so im struggling with the wide areas although fletcher is perfoming quite well but i got de guzmen soo he will be making his debut next game i think

on the left side i think anderson or evra to be honest probably anderson hes been performing well so far

also hargreaves and neville is returning to fitness

champions league gruop is man utd

roma

marseille

spartak moscow

so not to har to be fair.

hows carrick perfroming for you hes been my best player so fat along with kuranyi who is keeping tevez out of the team

Originally posted by davidbowie:

Transfers

I am at the start of December. Currently in 3rd, after 15 games, 9 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses.

Behind Chelsea in 1st and Reading (lol) in 2nd.

Tevez and Rooney have been injured badly, Tevez has been out for 2 months and still has 2 months to recover from a torn calf muscle from a Argentina match, and Rooney out for 1 month, with 2 months left from a torn hamstring.

A few weeks ago, Saha had a groin strain and has bene out for 2 weeks, with 1 week left.

Formation/Tactic/Squad

Where did u get your graphics at?

i had that problem with gerard pique almost leaving thanks to david gill accepting rubbish offers for him... I managed to bypass it (twice now) by offering him a new contract =)

anyway i just gotta whine about this... I beat barca 6-1 at old trafford in the Champions League 2nd Round with a defensive tactic. I used the exact same tactic in the away leg and lost 9-3 and went out with an aggregate of 9-10. WTF?!

ing wars.

Ignored post by DanielM_90 posted Oct 20, 5:19 PM Show Post

Kugle

Amateur

o guys whats the bests et up then before playing as man utd???

Which leagues to run?

which extra leagues to get players from to run???

Datbase size??

Originally posted by Frankie 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ing wars.

Ignored post by DanielM_90 posted Oct 20, 5:19 PM Show Post

Kugle

Amateur

o guys whats the bests et up then before playing as man utd???

Which leagues to run?

which extra leagues to get players from to run???

Datbase size?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went for, as Playable:

- England - League 2 + (only coz I like to see how the lower teams do)

- France - Ligue 1 Only

- Italy - Serie A Only

- Holland - Premier Division Only

- Scotland - Premier League Only

- Spain - First Division Only

Also load players from (doesnt really matter, but theres always some good youngsters in these countries):

- Mexico

- Portugal

- Brazil

- Argentina

- Germany

End of Season Review:

Manger’s thoughts on the season

This was a good enough season, althought probably more dissapointing than one would expect from just seeing how far we went in various competitions, but a deeper look shows us as a bit unlucky to not have made a bigger challenge for the competitions, but was a good, solid season.

Transfers:

Transfers

Alot of the transfer money was spent on 2 things:

Getting the best staff money could buy and

Klass Jan Huntelaar.

One of those things proved to be worth the money.

Squad:

First Team Squad

Best Eleven

Expectations for the season:

Cup competitions/Confidence

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/davidbowieWAU/Fm/Confidence.jpg

Premier League - We were very solid, but a few poor results and a some slightly bad runs caused us to be behind Chelsea for most of the year, and even with a 3-1 win against them with 7 games left, there was too much of a gap to make up. The bad run mainly came in the middle of the year, when Tevez and Rooney were out for 4 and 3 months respectively, it took a month or so before Saha and Giggs stepped up and took over scoring duties.

We finshed 2nd, which was outstanding IMO, especially with the fact my only big transfer was a complete waste of money.

FA Cup:

Progressed easily against some lower league teams, but then a brace from Roland friggen Bianchi stopped us at the 6th round.

Champions League:

We barely qualified, wining 3, drawing 1 and losing 2. We got drawn with Barcelona in the 1st KO stage. Messi scored a winner from (an offside) Henry cross, in the 96th minute of a 4 minute injury time in the first leg for a 3-2 loss at home, away we clawed a 2-1 win but could not land a knockout shot and went out on agg.

League Cup:

Lost 1-3 at Villa in the Quarters, conceeding twice in Extra time. We lost 1-3, two days later in an premiership match at Villa as well.

Player and Manager Awards

Me: EPL best manager 2nd.

C.Ronaldo - English Football of the Year, Players' Team of the Year, Portugese Best Foreign Based Player of the Year

N. Vidic - Players' Team of the Year.

L. Saha - Fan's Player of the Year

End of season league table:

End of Season Table

*M City qualify on FA Cup win icon_frown.gif

Portsmouth Qualify on Sporting Play.

Blackburn Qualify on League Cup Win.

Transfer targets:

I will be needing a keeper. VDS was never really solid this year, and he wants 40k a week, which is patently ludicrous. I will be signing a few young prospects in all areas, much less than I normally do because scouting in this version seems to be extremely biased towards playes who are already "Developed" unlike the young stars of the future I want scouts to find.

Originally posted by Kugle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

What tactic icon_biggrin.gif?

Too jonahno6 sry for missing qoute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fm08taticyo4.th.jpg

Also i can get Maxi Rodriguez on a free at the end of the season yay or nay ?

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

What tactic icon_biggrin.gif?

Too jonahno6 sry for missing qoute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fm08taticyo4.th.jpg

Also i can get Maxi Rodriguez on a free at the end of the season yay or nay ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool enough. I would say get him. You can allways sell him later. Im playing with Atletico atm he's amazin.

Hello all, just looking for some advice.

I'm currently playing as Man U in the January transfer window. I'm top of the league by 9 points with a game in hand. Doing well in all other competitions.

Heres my current lineup:

Here's where I have the dilemna now...

Barca just offered me 15 million for Evra. Evra's been one of my top performers but I think 15 mil is just too good to turn down. Should I take it or not? And if I take it, what kind of left back can I get for my 15 mil?

So, I've finally finished got through the transfer period after 2 days of having the new game. I've made a few signings, some of whihc I'm happy with, and some of which I cant wait to see develop.

In

- Francois Wade - £250K

- Niklas Barkroth - £200K

- Mika Aaritalo - £150K

- Mamadou Sakho - Free

- Diego Buonanotte - £24K

- Sergey Ignashevich - Free

- Georginio Wijnaldum - £275K

- Adrien - £1.1M

- Henri Saivet - £450K

Total - £2.4M \o/ The lowest amount I've ever spent in the summer transfer window in any FM game.

Sold a couple of youngsters, and a few went out on loan. However, I did sell Darren Fletcher and Mikael Silvestre for £4M each.

Now my transfer budget is about £6M more than what I started with, which is always good, specially if I need a player in January.

I also have an American feeder club, hopefully this will help my clubs finiances grow.

It has been a bad start to the Prem so far, with only 1 win and 2 losses out of 3 games. I put it down to tactics, this game seems to get harder each year for making good tactics, especially away ones. My champions League group contains the following:

- Valencia

- Spartak Moscow

- Marseille

I should qualify, but my tactics need a serious re-think first.

For now, auf wierdesehen. icon_cool.gif

1st Team Squad:

Tomasz Kuszczk

Edwin Van Der Sar

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

Gary Neville

Mikaél Silvestre

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Gerard Piqué

Owen Hargreeves

Darren Fletcher

Darron Gibson

Nani

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ryan Giggs

Anderson

Paul Scholes

Rafael Van Der Vaart

Carlos Tevez

Wayne Rooney

Sold Carrick and Louis Saha as they are surpluss to requirements.

At the moment I'm playing 4-1-1-3-1.

----------Van Der Sar----------

--Brown---Vidic---Rio---Evra--

------------Pique--------------

------------Anderson-----------

-Ronaldo--Van Der Vaart--Giggs-

------------Rooney-------------

Ronaldo and VDV both have free roles and VDV is the play maker.

Pique will be replaced by Hargreeves when he's fit.

Anderson replaced by Scholes when fully fit.

Giggs will be rotated with Nani often.

Rooney and Tevez rotate.

Lost the Charity shield 3-2, which I'm not too bothered about as all my players weren't fully fit.

Since then Van der Vaart has been AMAZING, he has 10 goals in 8 games. He is the best signing you can possibly make, I reccomend him to everyone.

Pique has also been amazing, doing solid in front of the back four and has all 7's.

Anderson has been good aswell when he has played, all 7's.

Also, I reccomend everyone has Fraizer Campbell on their subs bench, he has been banging them in for me in pre-season and has 2 in the league from the bench, very good.

I'm looking at suring up the right back position, I'm looking at Eduardo Ratinho or Sergio Ramos, I'll have to wait untill next season for them though.

Originally posted by 2E_2006:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enda89ie:

sorry, forgot to post my team (and it wont let me edit post)

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3585/98231084gd7.jpg

can i ask why you have pique ahead of brown hes class for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pique's just filling in for Brown who is recovering from Injury. His condition is only like 65%. Pique's done a decent job at right back though, better than O'Shea

i have just played my first big game which was chelsea in the community shield.

I was really shocked with the final result. 6-1 with Cristiano Ronaldo getting a hat-trick and anderson getting 2 and michael carrick with the other.

I played Ronaldo as a lone striker and played exceptionally well with a player rating of 9.

Next up, blackburn in the premiership.

Originally posted by lanky123:

i have just played my first big game which was chelsea in the community shield.

I was really shocked with the final result. 6-1 with Cristiano Ronaldo getting a hat-trick and anderson getting 2 and michael carrick with the other.

I played Ronaldo as a lone striker and played exceptionally well with a player rating of 9.

Next up, blackburn in the premiership.

Interesting. I've noticed a few people playing Ronaldo up front, all with good results (I think he got 33 goals in the first season for one guy!). Might give it a try and not buy another striker.

T.V.

Archived