FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Im having a terrible time with Tevez, he's started in around 10 games and has scored 1 goal icon_frown.gif

He is unhappy as he doesn't supposidly doesn't get enough first team football. He would if he's perform to a decent standard. As a result he has been abscent from training and is tbh getting very close to making me mad!!!!!

Shall i sell him on or what do you suggest?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest andy_abdn

Hey guys, just starting a new game with Man u and struggling to get rid of some of the older players on massive salaries.

I'm talking about Scholes/Giggs/Neville/Van der Sar in particular. Even if you transfer-list them and set the asking price at 0 it seems impossible to offload them! This is just silly - I'm sure there would be a queue of clubs wanting the likes of Scholes and Giggs on free transfers IRL.

This used to work fine in FM2007 and previous versions. Is anyone else finding this? How can you sell players over 32?

I dno about treating them badly. It can destroy the team's morale.

I'm also trying to get rid of Giggs. Whenever Im buying a new player I try to offer him in a part exchange deal although he dosent want to leave and the other club wont take him. I wouldnt blame Giggsy either, he still picks up his 50,000 a week or whatever it is an contributes jack **** to the team lol

Originally posted by M1K3:

Just read the thread and I appear to be the only person who has signed Dean Ashton. Signed him for £10m and has turned out to be incredible.

10 goals in 11 games anyone?

He's a good target man to have and has strong technical stats. Gets a few assits and always seems to play the clever ball.

He reminds me of Sheringham for United when he played.

Would highly recommend him

I seriously considered getting him but his Pace stat was a bit low for my liking.

Originally posted by Kugle:

Whats a resonable price for Jolean Lescott, and is he any good icon_smile.gif?. Just sold silvestre for 12 million. So im looking for an backup for evra.

Lescott looks good and is quite versatile aswell. I's pay £10m max for him but it depends on your budget and how much you need him tbh.

i ended up selling saha for money and del piero and very glad i did.(in the first jan transfer window)

only used del piero as a backup for attacking mid and this is how he finished the season.

12(7) 7Gls 5Asts

anyway i finished the season and can't believe i managed to win the league and champs league.

beat valencia 3-0 in CL final

finished league with 80 points level with chelsea.

so i won the league on goal diff.(first time i've ever won league on G.D)

man u For77 Ag31 G.D +46

Chelsea For57 Ag30 G.D +27

*just in case u wanted to know

18thsunderland

19thmiddlesbrough and

20thbirmingham

got relegated.

can't wait to start new season.

if anyone wants to know who got what awards just ask and i'll let ya know.

"who the f*** r man utd,who the f*** r man utd,who the f*** r man utd,

AS THE REDS GO MARCHING ON,ON,ON!!!!!"

I've just sold Michael Carrick off to AC Milan for 15m pounds icon_frown.gif he is worth 11.5m, Milan came in with that much but I increased it to 15m, and they matched it. Two reasons to sell him: he doesn't tackle hard enough, and his wages are quite high. Fletcher will be his direct replacement, while I develop my other midfielders like Banega who's coming in in January.

Btw Tevez is my best striker this season, the guy scores goals for fun. Rooney had a nice run, but has hit a bad patch now and keeps desperately firing it over the goal, just like IRL.

Do not try to get rid of giggs, VDS and scholes.

Giggs and VDS only have 1 year left on their contract, Scholes has 2.

Giggs is a decent backup winger/striker. VDS is a good enough keeper until Season 2 when you can sign a better keeper if you have the money, or use Ben Foster as the main keeper.

Scholes is 2 seasons, and will provide a good rotation with Anderson, Nani etc.

Giggsy has been my main man, so intelligent on the pitch. People should give him a chance rather than hating. I do think he is slightly overrated in FM2008, mostly on the Physical attributes, I don't think he is 15 accel/pace anymore IRL. But I don't mind it one bit, he's keeping Nani on the bench.

I love the new debt/interest thing, makes managing Man Utd a bit trickier and you can't just go out and buy Kaka and Ronaldinho on your first or second season.

I'm doing well with my Man Utd team (made a few signings but they won't be available 'til 01/08 or 07/08) but I'm starting to really worry about my set pieces - scoring very very few from DFK's or corners.

Looked at the skills of my players and the best free kick taker is a lowly 15.

any recommendations for a quality free kick taker?

Ive been using a great tactic that has brought me a very high success level throughout the first season. My Man U team is much as it was at the start of the season with my only signings being Pandev (I sold Saha) and De Rossi (who I got in Jan with hope that he will soon become my new team captain).

Its a variant of a 4(LR-W/DC/DC/DR-W)2(DM/AM)2(LW/AMR)2(ST/FC)

It was based on a starting line up as follows:

Neville - Ferdinand - V idic - Evra

Scholes - Hargreaves

Ronaldo - Giggs

Pandev - Rooney

but obvioulsy can be tweaked per rotation to allow Nani to come on for Giggs or Rossi for Hargreaves etc etc Also easy to tweak per situation i.e "Im 4-0 up so Ill just knock my slider towards defense and use counter attack for the rest of the game."

It has been wonderful overall and I am very happy with it. Champ.Shield win over Chelsea. 1st in Premier with an 11 point margin, Quarter finalist in the Champions.

Hope you all give it a go if your team has not been modified to much, I am sure you will grow to love it.

-E-

The -E- Man UTD Tactic

P.S I'll post a nice training set for Man UTD within the next day or two, just fine tuning it.

-E-

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to all this forum business but as soon as I saw this thread I had to jump straight in!

I’ve started my game with the original squad because I pretty much trust Sir Alex and I’ve been dead excited this season irl with the squad and the prospects.

Hey if its good enough for a knight its good enough for me!

For most of my games so far I’ve fielded the following starting 11.

GK - Van der Sar

DR – Brown/O’shea (rotating due to quieroz saying o’shea is best and me loving brown irl in place of injured G Nev)

DL – Evra (I’ve given the boy a free reign to go help the AML because he has blistering pace and doesn’t seem to get caught out not getting back in time.

DC – Ferdinand

DC – Vidic

MC – Hargreaves/Carrick (rotating with an arrow pointing behind central)

MC – Anderson (scholesy was injured for 2mnths and subsequently Anderson has turned out to be a hero!!)

AML – Nani/Giggs (rotating – with runs straight down the flank)

AMR – Ronaldo (with runs going into the box, trying to emulate him in real life, so far been ace)

FC – Tevez

FC – Rooney

Defence – Boy are we blessed at the back? Just like in real life we have one of the best centre back pairings of the new millennium! And with young Pique coming through and brown, o’shea and silvestre as superb utility defenders we have wonderful back up for times that evra and Neville are injured.

My one reservation being that I’ve read a couple of you having had bids accepted for pique by david gill come January and I desperately don’t want this to happen.

Midfield – I’m sticking with what we’ve got here. I know some of you guys have piled money into an extra winger or playing an AMC but I just can’t understand it. Like I said at the beginning, I wanted to maintain the current squad and try and build on last years success, having Sir alex himself spend over £50mill on players already I didn’t think it worthwhile piling more in and putting added pressure on myself of keeping a larger squad happy, especially as some guys will hate the fact Sir Alex has been fired and replaced by little old me.

When utd played wigan irl earlier on this season they brought on Anderson in almost the holding role in midfield, and although I know he is more attacking I was dead pleased with the strength on the ball he showed. So for me it was one of the first things I did when scholes got injured to have him play alongside carrick or hargreaves in the centre and let him loose with his creative freedom. So far he’s hit about 6 league goals from that position which has been amazing. Also since coming back Scholes has struggled with fitness a bit, I have brought him up to match fitness in the reserves but he still hovers around the high 80’s come match day. I might have to tweak his training a little bit perhaps??

On the wings I generally have nothing to complain about, Nani hasn’t scored for me yet but he has been averaging good scores and gigs has been doing his part, as irl again really. I seem to be one of the lucky ones when it comes to Ronaldo though as he has been a real solid player for me. I think its because I like to play attacking football and it suits his ethics as well as that of Rooneys.

I have had to rotate a little in defensive midfield, at any one time I’ve had injuries to carrick, scholes, hargreaves and fletcher but even in my barest moments united have the ability to call on O’shea and Pique for that DM role so things aren’t too stretched.

Attack – This, I guess, is why FM is just an awesome game. From everything I have read, some of you are disappointed in rooney or tevez or can’t get one or the other playing well, or even well together. I am sure it is extremely frustrating and no doubt I will hit these drawbacks at some stage but that’s what FM is about isn’t it? Overcoming the obstacles put in front of you.

Admittedly in the summer I was one of the fans wanting us to sign another striker, with fears of tevez being too similar to rooney and no real replacement for saha while he’s on his treatment table. But now that we have the wealth of talent in midfield and especially a load of options at AMC I have decided to not sign anyone straight away and try and spend half the season (if not til the summer) scouting for a future superstar to bring up and mould to play my way.

Tevez and Rooney for me as working incredibly well. Rooney doesn’t score freely, but it’s just like real life, he’ll get MOM’s without scoring and then have a dry spell before getting a couple of brace’s and even one or two for England!

But Tevez!! He’s has been a machine, I’ve not given him any preferential treatment over any other player in training, and no different instructions to rooney (except that rooney has a free role) but he just cannot stop slotting them home.

Sadly im at work at the moment and not home on my laptop so I cant look at home many he has scored but I know he’s top in the prem.

Saha has just got back from injury and played a couple of reserve games too, he has scored for me once this season, got the third in a 4-0 win at home against Fulham. So it was definitely good to seem him get on the scoresheet especially with my decision to not buy a striker.

Rooney got injured as well for me recently and had 3weeks on the sidelines, but Tevez stepped up and played real well alone up front with Anderson sat behind him and ronaldo and gigs feeding from the wings.

Progress.

So far the lads are doing me proud!

My formation doesn’t differ between home or away, unless im visiting one of the other big boys, but lets face it we all have our changes we like to make for those games.

I’m top by the odd point in the league and I’ve just made it comfortably out of my ECL group, albeit one point behind sevilla after going down to them away from home and them forcing a draw at old Trafford.

I’ve yet to start the FA cup but im through to face Liverpool in the League cup, after using the superkids to get me results at Watford, Bolton and Everton.

I love playing the kids in the league cup, in a very Wenger/Sir alex way, it’s a great time to give them first team exposure and also ease in 1st team players returning from injury.

For each of my League cup games I have started the game as follows.

GK – Kusczack

DR – Simpson

DL – Silvestre

DC – Evans

DC – Pique

MC (defensive) – O’shea

MC (attacking) – Flethcer

AMR – Eagles

AML – Martin

FC – Fangzhou

FC – Saha (Tevez while saha was injured)

Don’t get me wrong though gang, as much as I love those players getting exposure, I always take the bench fully loaded with 1st team players ready to come on and make the difference if needed!

I’m currently going into December with a fully fit squad, which is something im delighted with, especially seeing as so far I have suffered injuries to Neville, Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, and Hargreaves.

Not really sure what else to say at this point. I just wanted to know really what you guys think.

Since writing that last part I’ve just started the 1st January. Top of the league at the moment but Liverpool have a game in hand to tie things up, Man Sh*tty are lurking close as well.

What does everyone think to the start I’ve made? Any questions or any feedback would be greatly helpful!

Happy FM-ing

Qr

Originally posted by Frankie 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ec$t@$io:

Sorry the link went pear shaped icon_frown.gif

Here it is again.

http://www.impeuro.com/The -E-.tac

here ya go.

E Tactic.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha Ha now am doing it.

E Tactic

QuinnRobot:

Well done - I ALWAYS find it impossible to not make any transfers, regardless of how amazing my team already is! And I couldn't resist buying Huntelaar, as that's who I was hoping we would sign in the summer, IRL.

Tevez currently can't hit a barn door for me, let alone find the back of the net(!) so I may have to tweak the way I use him. Thank God that Rooney and Ronaldo are both playing out of their skins at the moment.

Good on you for using the youngsters/reserves in the league cup, I'm a big fan of doing the same as it has worked wonders for development of my prospects in the past.

Sounds like you've done well without making any signings. Have you got any planned for the January window or summer??

T.V.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

I recommend Valon Behrami to everyone, he's fast, great dribbler and crosser and a good tackler. Doing wonders in my team

yeah mate chelsea just signed him on my game for 19.5 mil

if i had the space i would have gone for him.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

I recommend Valon Behrami to everyone, he's fast, great dribbler and crosser and a good tackler. Doing wonders in my team

I had him in FM07 and he was fb!! Tried to get him straight away in FM08 but they wouldn't even accpet a bid of £18m! icon_mad.gif

T.V.

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

I had him in FM07 and he was fb!! Tried to get him straight away in FM08 but they wouldn't even accpet a bid of £18m! icon_mad.gif

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got him for 13Mil + 50% sell on as I won't sell him

I'm into my second season. Won the League, League Cup and FA Cup in my first season and lost in the semi-finals of Europe.

GK: Van Der Sar/ Foster (Trying to offload Tomas Kuszczak)

DR: G. Neville/Pique/Simpson

DL: Evra/ O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand/Brown

DC: Coloccini/Miguel Veloruso (sold Vidic to Barca for £20m)

MR: Ronaldo/Eagles/Park

ML: Giggs/Nani

MC: Scholes/Anderson

MC: Owen Hargreaves/Michael Johnson (sold Carrick to AC Milan for £17m)

FC: Rooney/Tevez

FC: Owen/Defoe (Had Pandev but sold him when Milan bid £35m, got Defoe for 3.5m and Owen for 10m who has been brilliant. 10 goals in 4 games)

Originally posted by ~Mancunia~:

I'm into my second season. Won the League, League Cup and FA Cup in my first season and lost in the semi-finals of Europe.

FC: Owen/Defoe (Had Pandev but sold him when Milan bid £35m, got Defoe for 3.5m and Owen for 10m who has been brilliant. 10 goals in 4 games)

Good team you've got there but you could do with strengthening your depth in wingers. Giggs is getting old now, and I'm not convinced Eagles or Park are good enough. You might want to take a look at the likes of Behrami and Quaresma.

T.V.

Im playing 5 at the back - with two as wing backs with my aroow set for them into attacking midfield

I play two in the middle of centre mifield

One central attacking midfielder

And two up front.

I am in february and have only lost one game and that was against Arsenal...

My starting line up is

GK - E.V.S

LWB - Evra

RWB - Zaccardo or O'Shea

DC - Vidic/Rio/Brown (sometimes Pique)

MC - Hargreaves and Anderson (Carrick is injured)

AMC - Ronaldo or Nani

FC - Tevez (sometimes Owen) and Rooney

I bought Owen for 10 Mil and he is a goal machine!! Also Nani as AMC instead of left scores lots for me!!

Chris Eagles is my suprise star! He has the best record of goals and assists!!

Sold Saha, Gibson and Fletcher!!

I use a training schedule that groups positions together and trains high on there positinal attributes and i also signed the best coach i could find for each training attribute Ie defence,tactics etc. I then made one coach resonsible for only training one specific attribute!

i dont mess wih the tactics except for set pieces and dont set any opposition instruction!!

See below

starting11yo3.th.jpg

Originally posted by Mia C:

Im playing 5 at the back - with two as wing backs with my aroow set for them into attacking midfield

I play two in the middle of centre mifield

One central attacking midfielder

And two up front.

I am in february and have only lost one game and that was against Arsenal...

My starting line up is

GK - E.V.S

LWB - Evra

RWB - Zaccardo or O'Shea

DC - Vidic/Rio/Brown (sometimes Pique)

MC - Hargreaves and Anderson (Carrick is injured)

AMC - Ronaldo or Nani

FC - Tevez (sometimes Owen) and Rooney

I bought Owen for 10 Mil and he is a goal machine!! Also Nani as AMC instead of left scores lots for me!!

Chris Eagles is my suprise star! He has the best record of goals and assists!!

Sold Saha, Gibson and Fletcher!!

I use a training schedule that groups positions together and trains high on there positinal attributes and i also signed the best coach i could find for each training attribute Ie defence,tactics etc. I then made one coach resonsible for only training one specific attribute!

i dont mess wih the tactics except for set pieces and dont set any opposition instruction!!

See below

starting11yo3.th.jpg

mate i use the exact same tactic and won the prem and cl

the only difference is i have an attacking arrow for the AM running between the strikers.

i also do the training thing too, have a seperate training catergory for all positions.

GK: van der sar

RB: Gary Neville

LB: Patrice Evra

CB: Rio Ferdinand

CB: Nemanja Vidic

DM: Owen Hargreaves

DM: Michael Carrick

CM (sometimes AM): Paul Scholes/Anderson

RAM: Wayne Rooney

LAM: Christiano Ronaldo

CF: Carlos Tevez

Basically I've kept the same team and brought in cover by signing Guy Demel, James Vaughan, Darijo Srna and Gabriel Obertan as well as offloading players like wes Brown, O'shea and Fletcher.

vds

Rafinha-Rio-Superman-Marcelo

----Hargreaves--Banega----

Ronaldo---------------Nani

--------Amauri---Tevez----

Amauri and Tevez are keeping rooney on the bench. Tevez has 14 in 12 for me and amauri has 7 goals 10 assists.

I've got the lads scoring as well. Only problem is ronaldo is not performing. He's getting 7's everygame, how do i get him to tear it up?

Originally posted by QuinnRobot:

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to all this forum business but as soon as I saw this thread I had to jump straight in!

I’ve started my game with the original squad because I pretty much trust Sir Alex and I’ve been dead excited this season irl with the squad and the prospects.

Hey if its good enough for a knight its good enough for me!

For most of my games so far I’ve fielded the following starting 11.

GK - Van der Sar

DR – Brown/O’shea (rotating due to quieroz saying o’shea is best and me loving brown irl in place of injured G Nev)

DL – Evra (I’ve given the boy a free reign to go help the AML because he has blistering pace and doesn’t seem to get caught out not getting back in time.

DC – Ferdinand

DC – Vidic

MC – Hargreaves/Carrick (rotating with an arrow pointing behind central)

MC – Anderson (scholesy was injured for 2mnths and subsequently Anderson has turned out to be a hero!!)

AML – Nani/Giggs (rotating – with runs straight down the flank)

AMR – Ronaldo (with runs going into the box, trying to emulate him in real life, so far been ace)

FC – Tevez

FC – Rooney

Defence – Boy are we blessed at the back? Just like in real life we have one of the best centre back pairings of the new millennium! And with young Pique coming through and brown, o’shea and silvestre as superb utility defenders we have wonderful back up for times that evra and Neville are injured.

My one reservation being that I’ve read a couple of you having had bids accepted for pique by david gill come January and I desperately don’t want this to happen.

Midfield – I’m sticking with what we’ve got here. I know some of you guys have piled money into an extra winger or playing an AMC but I just can’t understand it. Like I said at the beginning, I wanted to maintain the current squad and try and build on last years success, having Sir alex himself spend over £50mill on players already I didn’t think it worthwhile piling more in and putting added pressure on myself of keeping a larger squad happy, especially as some guys will hate the fact Sir Alex has been fired and replaced by little old me.

When utd played wigan irl earlier on this season they brought on Anderson in almost the holding role in midfield, and although I know he is more attacking I was dead pleased with the strength on the ball he showed. So for me it was one of the first things I did when scholes got injured to have him play alongside carrick or hargreaves in the centre and let him loose with his creative freedom. So far he’s hit about 6 league goals from that position which has been amazing. Also since coming back Scholes has struggled with fitness a bit, I have brought him up to match fitness in the reserves but he still hovers around the high 80’s come match day. I might have to tweak his training a little bit perhaps??

On the wings I generally have nothing to complain about, Nani hasn’t scored for me yet but he has been averaging good scores and gigs has been doing his part, as irl again really. I seem to be one of the lucky ones when it comes to Ronaldo though as he has been a real solid player for me. I think its because I like to play attacking football and it suits his ethics as well as that of Rooneys.

I have had to rotate a little in defensive midfield, at any one time I’ve had injuries to carrick, scholes, hargreaves and fletcher but even in my barest moments united have the ability to call on O’shea and Pique for that DM role so things aren’t too stretched.

Attack – This, I guess, is why FM is just an awesome game. From everything I have read, some of you are disappointed in rooney or tevez or can’t get one or the other playing well, or even well together. I am sure it is extremely frustrating and no doubt I will hit these drawbacks at some stage but that’s what FM is about isn’t it? Overcoming the obstacles put in front of you.

Admittedly in the summer I was one of the fans wanting us to sign another striker, with fears of tevez being too similar to rooney and no real replacement for saha while he’s on his treatment table. But now that we have the wealth of talent in midfield and especially a load of options at AMC I have decided to not sign anyone straight away and try and spend half the season (if not til the summer) scouting for a future superstar to bring up and mould to play my way.

Tevez and Rooney for me as working incredibly well. Rooney doesn’t score freely, but it’s just like real life, he’ll get MOM’s without scoring and then have a dry spell before getting a couple of brace’s and even one or two for England!

But Tevez!! He’s has been a machine, I’ve not given him any preferential treatment over any other player in training, and no different instructions to rooney (except that rooney has a free role) but he just cannot stop slotting them home.

Sadly im at work at the moment and not home on my laptop so I cant look at home many he has scored but I know he’s top in the prem.

Saha has just got back from injury and played a couple of reserve games too, he has scored for me once this season, got the third in a 4-0 win at home against Fulham. So it was definitely good to seem him get on the scoresheet especially with my decision to not buy a striker.

Rooney got injured as well for me recently and had 3weeks on the sidelines, but Tevez stepped up and played real well alone up front with Anderson sat behind him and ronaldo and gigs feeding from the wings.

Progress.

So far the lads are doing me proud!

My formation doesn’t differ between home or away, unless im visiting one of the other big boys, but lets face it we all have our changes we like to make for those games.

I’m top by the odd point in the league and I’ve just made it comfortably out of my ECL group, albeit one point behind sevilla after going down to them away from home and them forcing a draw at old Trafford.

I’ve yet to start the FA cup but im through to face Liverpool in the League cup, after using the superkids to get me results at Watford, Bolton and Everton.

I love playing the kids in the league cup, in a very Wenger/Sir alex way, it’s a great time to give them first team exposure and also ease in 1st team players returning from injury.

For each of my League cup games I have started the game as follows.

GK – Kusczack

DR – Simpson

DL – Silvestre

DC – Evans

DC – Pique

MC (defensive) – O’shea

MC (attacking) – Flethcer

AMR – Eagles

AML – Martin

FC – Fangzhou

FC – Saha (Tevez while saha was injured)

Don’t get me wrong though gang, as much as I love those players getting exposure, I always take the bench fully loaded with 1st team players ready to come on and make the difference if needed!

I’m currently going into December with a fully fit squad, which is something im delighted with, especially seeing as so far I have suffered injuries to Neville, Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, and Hargreaves.

Not really sure what else to say at this point. I just wanted to know really what you guys think.

Since writing that last part I’ve just started the 1st January. Top of the league at the moment but Liverpool have a game in hand to tie things up, Man Sh*tty are lurking close as well.

What does everyone think to the start I’ve made? Any questions or any feedback would be greatly helpful!

Happy FM-ing

Qr

Nice post man

Im doing pretty much the same thing as you with the kids in the league cup beat west brom and ipswich so fat also got liverpool next

what do you think to dong hes got 4 in 2 for me got a hat rick against ipswich

Originally posted by ~Mancunia~:

You havent really strengthened your team just made it weaker , Vidic is ireplacable

my.php?image=manchesterunitedrecordvp5.jpg

In case the direct link doesn't work, then It's a picture of my FIFTY NINE UNBEATEN record in FM08 ! I Haven't used editor, or anything dodgey, my tactics are my own, (homemade) and i haven't used any knowledge from any other Manchester United gamers.

All players are bought legit, and for a fair sum, i haven't gone nuts for the likes of Ronaldinho and Daniel Alves. But I'll say Buffon is my highest fee paid for, and it's well worth it.

My team is:

GK: Buffon

CB: Barzgali

RB: Daniel Alves

DMC: Carrick

DMC: Hargreaves

AMR: Cristiano Ronaldo

AMC: Sergio Aguero

AML: Ronaldinho

AC: Rooney

SUBS: Foster, Tevez, Anderson, Pique, Evans, Miguel Veloso, Vidic, Nani, Quaresma ..

Fifty Nine games in a row without a loss, that's pretty good In my opinion :p - Just terrible i lost to DERBY of all teams icon_frown.gif Was going for 100 games...

Originally posted by Illdisposed:

In case the direct link doesn't work, then It's a picture of my FIFTY NINE UNBEATEN record in FM08 ! I Haven't used editor, or anything dodgey, my tactics are my own, (homemade) and i haven't used any knowledge from any other Manchester United gamers.

All players are bought legit, and for a fair sum, i haven't gone nuts for the likes of Ronaldinho and Daniel Alves. But I'll say Buffon is my highest fee paid for, and it's well worth it.

My team is:

SUBS: Foster, Tevez, Anderson, Pique, Evans, Miguel Veloso, Vidic, Nani, Quaresma ..

Fifty Nine games in a row without a loss, that's pretty good In my opinion :p - Just terrible i lost to DERBY of all teams icon_frown.gif Was going for 100 games...

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedrecordhz9.jpg

LINK.. Proof icon_smile.gif

rooney is the best player in the game by far plus i have him and tevez working together as they should be, rafinha is extremely solid at RB, just bought jovetec and moutinho in the jan transfer window, moutinho is absolutely amazing at AMC his passing is top notch, oh yeah dont buy fred hes a complete waste of money icon_wink.gif

My team is:

Actually 59 is not tat impressive compared to you having aguero ron alves and buffon being the most expensive.

How much did you u pay for them ?

Quick question over here. Used the search tool but cannot find any.

my players never seems to go past rating 8, i always manager only to get 7 and sometimes 8. So far i've only seen couple 9s, and never accually saw a 10 like FM 07 before.

Is it really intent to do that? Or my tactic is just not working?

It's def. harder to get 10's and 9's now. I don't think I've seen a 10 yet(only played a few games so far though). Ronaldo managed a 9 after he scored a hattrick(He deserved the rating as he didn't do much besides score, so I think the rating system is better/more accurate now).

Some questions. United only has about 10-12 million pounds in transfer. How did you guys outbid Chelsea who would bid at 13.5 to 15 million pounds for him. It happened in the demo, it happened in my real game. Also, how did you get Jovetic? I don't see him in my game and I'm using a large database...

Anyway, sold Fletcher for 6.75 million pounds, brought in Ignashevic, Aritalo and Arshevin (from Zenith Petersburg). Total transfer fees received: 6.75m, Total transfer fee spent: 6m. I'm saving my 10m for rainy days.

First team:

(GK)Van Der Sar

(LB)Evra

(RB)O'Shea

(CB)Vidic

(CB)Ferdinand

(DM)Pique

(CM)Giggs

(CM)Carrick

(FR)Ronaldo

(FL)Rooney

(FC)Tevez

Alternative First Team:

(GK)Van Der Sar

(LB)Silvestre

(RB)Brown or Neville

(CB)John Evans

(CB)Ignashevic

(DM)Carrick

(CM)Arshavin/Gibson

(CM)Nani/Anderson

(FR)Ronaldo/Nani

(FL)Giggs/Rooney

(FC)Arshavin/Dong/Campbell

Used my first team for the charity shield game with Chelski. Final score:2-0. Scorers Ronaldo, Rooney. Tevez can't hit the barn door from two feet, as usual.

I'm calling shenanigans on Illdisposed.

There is NO CHANCE you would have enough money to buy Buffon, Ronaldihno, Barzgali, Alves, Aguero and Quaresma.

You would barely have enough money to buy like 2 or 3 of those players.

If you are going to cheat, then cheat all you want, but don't come into threads talking about majestic unbeaten runs like.

--------------

2008\9 January Transfer Window Update

Transfers

Hugo Lloris

Valon Behrami

It's been mostly smooth sailing so far. We have only dropped a handful of matches, I've made some seemingly astute transfer purchases, my tactics have remained viable and working, the squad remains solid and tight.

Squad

Ronaldo is just killing it with my "arrow to striker" tactic (posted a few pages back). He has the all-round finishing and heading to complete practically any chance that might come to him, and is on target to hit 30 competative goals possibly.

League Table

We are chasing Chelsea yet again, who just won't die, whose defence seems ridiculously over-rated only conceeding 15 goals so far. Liverpool are miles off in mid-table and are up to their 4th manager in 2 seasons, City might not make europe.

Cup competitions

Confidence

We made the League Cup final which we play Fulham in late January, and have progressed realatively easily through the FA Cup (5th round coming up against Everton) and Champions League (finished top), we Drew Steaua Bucharest for the 1st KO stage (as opposed to Barcelona last season), so we should make the 2nd KO stage at least. As long as the team remains focused for the League Cup final, we should win that.

Player and Manager Awards

Ronaldo - 2008 World Player of the Year, 2007/08 European Midfielder of the Year, 2007/08 European Football of the Year.

Rio Ferdinand - 2007/08 European Defender of the Year 3rd

Wayne Rooney - 2007/08 European Striker of the Year 3rd

Ffs, this thread is getting popular. I need advice on something quickly. I'm pondering over striking options to backup Rooney and Tevez or replace/rotate Tevez.

I'm wondering whether to go for a) Pandev-as I did in the demo where he did just as well if not better than Tevez in the month or so I was on the demo, a month as in FM month btw-, b) Some other striker yet to be determined but preferably a natural frontman in the build of Saha without the fragile body ofc or c) nobody at all and stick with Campbell.

And btw, Lloris looks ffffb. Mental stats aren't good enough yet and kicking could do with improving but essentially a much better version of Kuszczak.

Originally posted by uberownage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Illdisposed:

My team is:

Actually 59 is not tat impressive compared to you having aguero ron alves and buffon being the most expensive.

How much did you u pay for them ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest. Even with the players, then 59 is pretty awesome in my eyes. You buy the same players as me, start a game, and see for yourself if you get close to the 59 games. If you can't then don't comment on it, if you manage to do it. Hands up for you, well done icon_smile.gif

I'm not saying how much it cost me, but I'll say it wasen't just giving my Full Transfer budget for one player, it requires some patience, timing and luck icon_smile.gif

but again. You're lucky I'm in a happy mood, otherwise I'd call you names cause of you're comment on my 59 unbeaten run icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uberownage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Illdisposed:

My team is:

How much did you u pay for them ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest. Even with the players, then 59 is pretty awesome in my eyes. You buy the same players as me, start a game, and see for yourself if you get close to the 59 games. If you can't then don't comment on it, if you manage to do it. Hands up for you, well done icon_smile.gif

I'm not saying how much it cost me, but I'll say it wasen't just giving my Full Transfer budget for one player, it requires some patience, timing and luck icon_smile.gif

but again. You're lucky I'm in a happy mood, otherwise I'd call you names cause of you're comment on my 59 unbeaten run icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show us your transfer history.

Archived