FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive sold silvestre to spurs for 7.5mil, the board accepted a 10mil bid for brown and an 8mil bid for pique ive brought breno and piatti tried buying dos santos in a swap with evra evra rejected their offer saying he wanted more money

First Post:

Just started my second season with United, sold Vidic to AC Milan for £20 Mill upfront and another £10 Mill over 24 months!

However I just lost Community Shield to City. And so far a good start to Prem 2 wins in 2.

Team:

GK: EVS/Foster

RB: O'Shea/Borre

CB: Ferdinand

CB: Pique

LB: Evra/Baines

DM: Hargreaves/Carrick

RM: Ronaldo

LM: Rothen/Giggs

AMC: Tevez/Anderson

FC: Rooney

FC: Huntlear/Vagner Love

Originally posted by clonabanjo:

Im in a bit of a Financial problem the balance is 100k and Breno is already coming in January.

Im Planning to sell Vidic and a few others in Jan.

Same team as me mate except keeper, trying to get rid of Saha and Ferdinand bring in a load more youngsters. Fernandez coming through January, when scholsey retires got Piatti and him ;D Gonna sign Thiago and Breno January hopefully ;D

My first season with united

won FA cup and league cup, second place in champions league

here is the end table in the league

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6369/ligatr3.jpg

Players bought first season

Riquelme for £14M

players sold:

kieran lee, jonathan evans, lee martin, ji-sung park, danny simpsons for total £9.75M

First eleven

GK: Kuszczak

DR: Brown

DC: Vidic

DC: Ferdinand

DL: Evra

MC: Hargreaves

MC: Carrick

AMR: Ronaldo

AMC: Riquelme

AML: Tevez

FC: Rooney

Season 2.

just started the season but did a huge change.

Sold ronaldo for £38M to Inter after i got Maxi rodriguez from atletico on free transfer.

Ronaldo had a huge salary and i think maxi will be almost as good.

Lost wes brown on free transfer but signde rafinha from Schalke for 11.75M

also spended the ronaldo money on buying Frey from fiorentina for the sick amount of £31.5M

gonna be a interesting season. gonna focus on the league this year

got a problem im trying to buy saivet from bordeux i have a bid accepted offer him a contract of what he wants. but every time he accepts a contract from bordeux if even tried offering him stupid amount of moeny but he still accepts them

can anyone help?

just got aguero icon_wink.gif

2E_2006 im having that problem too trying to sign a 17 year old from everton flogged evra to arsenal for 40mil and fletcher and saha to villa for 15 mil each and put in bids for michael johnson and lee cattermole and james vaughn all wonderkids

Hey all...first time for me too...Ive got the game for some time already but due to an excess of coursework, ive only managed to get to the start of the second season. I won the PRM on the first season, with a 12 point lead, lost to Arsenal in the League Cup on penalties...Ronaldo (Of all people) missed his penalty! Got to the Semi Finals of FA cup losing to Arsenal (again on penalties! lost 7-6 this time neville missed) and reached the Finals of CL but lost to Inter because I had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out! Overall my board is happy coz i managed to really keep my finance up there.

Heres the summary of my first season transfer dealings

IN

First Team Squad/Rotation/Backup

Pablo Piatti

Sergey Ignashevich

Mika Aaritalo (£350k)

Kasper Hamalainer (£75k) (Delivering the goods as a Ronaldo backup - 13 assists and 6 goals in 21 appearances)

Future Players

Henri Saivet

Vincent Acapandie

Joris Delle

Niklas Barkroth

Bogdan Stancu

Ivan Obradovic

Alexandre (Fluminense)

OUT

None

Summary : Decent enough transfers with the main players i signed delivering. A little too quiet for Utd though.

-Througout the first season i pestered Udinese for Gyan alot and got him really unsettled-

For the second season, Still only 5th August, I lost to Arsenal for the CS again!! lost on penalties 5-4

Transfers:

IN

First Team/Rotation/Backup

Asamoah Gyan (£3M p/x)

Future Players

Andrea Gaspari

Bruno Formigoni

OUT

Tomasz Kuszczak (£4m rising to £4.5 to Aston Villa)

Mikael Silvestre (p/x to Udinese)

Louis Saha (£4.5 rising to £5M to Palermo)

And a horde of unneeded reserve players

Im currently bidding for Sergio Aguero for £28M, hes unsettled and he really wants to come but At.Madrid are holding on £30M

Thats it so far, anyone got any comments on someone really big to sign? As in an impact player, but im happy enough with my squad as it is for now.

Sold Pique for 24 million.

Barca offered 10 mil, I'm pretty sure I changed it to 20 million over 12 months, and they changed it again to 24 million over 24.

tbh I was going to start him as the main CB this season, getting rid of vidic or rio, but no one has come in for either of those, and I'm sick of his whinging.

Actually guys, i found out something after reading the posts you guys made. Most of us have trouble at the start of the season like maybe the CS den after maybe like 4 games into the EPL, suddenly our team start booming.. anybody have this problem ? my game have tis funny characteristic is that if i choose to play in England league, Chelsea definitely bid for pandev and i'm a big pandev fan and i always only able to get him 24m, tts expensive compared to some of u guys actually could get him for 12.. DAMN! rooney got injured at the start against chelski.. den bad results for 5 games.. draws and losses and oni 1 win.. pandev was like a bystander for almost all.. den the 5th game, played liverpool at anfield. won 6-0 including a 1st 10 min hattrick by pandev, fletcher got sent off shortly after but i continued to play attacking football wif pandev alone and managed to score 3 more. after tt match, i was winning almost everygame since and is now on a 11 match winning streak, anybody experience that ?

My team:

GK: VDS/Foster

RB: Neville/Brown/Simpson

LB: Evra/Joe Mattock/O'Shea

CB: Ferdinand/Vidic/Pique/Evans

Wingers: Ronaldo/Giggs/Eagles/Nani

CM: Hargreaves, Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick

Att Mid: Scholes, Anderson, Aquilani

ST: Rooney, Tevez, Lavezzi, Saha, Derbyshire

I play a modified 4-4-2 with the central midfield shared by an attacking mid and central midfield, with fullbacks bombing down the flanks. I'm on my second season, and I've gotta say that Lavezzi and Aquilani are brilliant. Of course, it's tough that Scholes, Giggs and Neville have to be eased out soon, but I think that Simpson and Anderson/Aquilani will do just fine!

Also, at the end of the season, Anton Ferdinand will be joining the team, providing a long term replacement for his older brother. VDS is still class, with Foster being a capable no.2.

Any players that you guys might recommend for my team? Thanks!icon_smile.gif

I bought Van Der Vaart for 10million, Breno for 4million and Rafinha for 9million. I also bought Pires for 1.2m who's acted as great cover to Ronaldo and Giggs, and allows Nani more time to grow before he takes on a first team place.

Also got Derek Boateng, who is playing realy well, and Aaritalo, who's scored some nice goals.

Toward the end of first season, sitting 8 points clear of Chelsea and Arsenal, after 19 games undefeated at the start of the season.

F.A Cup Third Round I drew ARSENAL, and lost in penalties.

Champions League First Knock-out round, I drew Real Madrid, and after beating them 2-0 away from home, I was pretty comfortable going into the Home leg. I was 1-0 down after 3 minutes, and then went 2-1 up just after half time with two goals from Van der Vaart. In the 89th minute, Tevez got injured and I had a choice between bringing on Aaritalo as a second striker, or Breno as a fifth defender. I figured I just needed to last the 2 minutes and I'd get the win, so I was happy with clogging the defense to secure thw win. In the last 15 seconds of the game, Breno makes a mistake and costs us the game.

Now everyone in my team is "angry at Breno for his costly mistake" and Breno feels he's being forced out of the club by his teammates.

Hargreaves, Saha, Silvestre and Vidic all dislike Tevez for whatever reason, so I'll have to get rid of him next season.

I'm loving the new FM, but I'm shitty that I got knocked out of both cups so early, by big teams, in **** circumstances.

about half way through second season and its all going wrong..again.But still on course to retain CL, the team always plays out of its skin in it. think bad league form is to do with me trying to keep a big first team squad happy is having a Rafa effect.

GK VDS Foster

RB Neville Simpson

LB Evra Fabio Emaneulson

CB Rio Evans Pique Coloccini

RM Ronaldo Farfan

LM Nani Giggs

CM Carrick Anderson Scholes Gibson Veloso Banega

ST Rooney Tevez Defoe Bojan

Tevez and Rooney Haven't scored in over 6 games and only kept a handful of clean sheets. Have Ageuro and Saviet coming in at end of season and gonna let Scholes and Giggs go, that is if i am still there...

m00ney88 im doing the same as you trying to keep my 1st team happy,oh well i'll just have to upset a few of em. James vaughn seems crappy wonderkid status though got aguero for 33 mil and sold tevez for double his value(got 50 mil) for him

Originally posted by m00ney88:

about half way through second season and its all going wrong..again.But still on course to retain CL, the team always plays out of its skin in it. think bad league form is to do with me trying to keep a big first team squad happy is having a Rafa effect.

GK VDS Foster

RB Neville Simpson

LB Evra Fabio Emaneulson

CB Rio Evans Pique Coloccini

RM Ronaldo Farfan

LM Nani Giggs

CM Carrick Anderson Scholes Gibson Veloso Banega

ST Rooney Tevez Defoe Bojan

Tevez and Rooney Haven't scored in over 6 games and only kept a handful of clean sheets. Have Ageuro and Saviet coming in at end of season and gonna let Scholes and Giggs go, that is if i am still there...

your team looks strong... no reason why you shouldn't be winning though...

I'm coming towards the end of the Jan Transfer window. I'm top of the league playing a 4-2-2-1-1 fromation (Was my difficult away game formation but Hunttleer just cant stop scoring under it so have stuck with it) but the 2 DM's needed have caused me problems. Hargreaves and Carrick have been riddled with injures and have barely played together all season, meaning Pique has had to fill the void.

Hes been stellar in truth and has a 7.42 average rating but Gill's just accepted a 10.5mill bid from AC Milan for him. Couldn't have come at a worse time as I lost Hargreaves for 4 months on Boxing Day and Carrick for 2 Months just last game.

Theres a couple of other DM's on my short-list based on recommendations on these forums and my scouts rate them but even if I get all the money from the transfer to spend my scouts dont think I'll get them for 10.5mill icon_frown.gif

VDS is once again *****, whoever does our research clearly doesn't watch Premiership football.

Just clinched the tittle and the Carling Cup's been wrapped up too, got knocked out early in the FA Cup and am probably going to go out of the Champions League as well.

Little bit disappointed with some of my signings Berba and Aguero have been ***** but dos Santos has been fb so has Cassani when he is needed.

well, i see that most of you have sold vidic to milan...

i passed by to tell you this...i am still trying to find my way and i keep making a new game . MILAN ALWAYS COMES TO BUY VIDIC AND ALWAYS ACCEPTS MY OFFER (Even 25m + 30 for 24 months !!! (or something like that!))..so try some things. you may earn a lot of money...

(how much money does milan have for transfers?)

The united squad is filled with treacherous traitors!

Vidic -> Barcelona and Milan kept knocking. Refused to sell as I can't get a decent defender to replace him with the kind of money Barcelona and Milan are offering. And I have no intention of helping my CL rivals beef up their squad. Now Vidic is unhappy, and it's been half way through the season already. Hates Ignashevic who's my backup.

Ferdinand -> Hates Ignashevic, probably because Ferdinand is playing crap. Ferdiandn is always slipping and falling thus allowing strikers to get past, or he's falling asleep during corners. Can't blame me for dropping him in favor of Ignashevic.

Hargreaves -> Hates Ignashevic. Can't understand why. In fact, I find it unaccpetable coming from a player who can't even stay fit to save his life.

Carrick -> Constanly whining about lack of first team place. Can't shoot, can't pass, can't play football. No pace, no power. Can't blame me for dropping him in favor of other midfielders.

Tevez/Rooney -> These two can't score for the love of god

Ronaldo -> Another treacherous prat. Constantly whining about wanting to go to Barcelona and Real.

On the hindsight, here are a few good men

- Pique -> Stepped up in DM nicely

- John Evans -> Filled in Center Def

- Aritalo -> Keeping giggs busy

- Anderson -> Working his socks off and cleaning up Carrick's mess

- Nani -> Keeping ronaldo on his toes

Started a new game last night. Signed Dani Alves and Frederic Kanoute from Sevilla. Also brought in Govan Pandev from Lazio. Sevilla made a bid for Saha on transfer deadline day of around £12/13m which I accepted. With a deal to bring Bojan in from Barcelona signed and sealed (arrivs at the end of the season), I wasn't that bothered about losing Saha as he'd probably be injured for the majority of the season anyway. Amazingly, Rooney got injured on THAT day and subsequently left me with Tevez and Pandev. I made a bid of £15.7m for Kanoute, and now I've got him on board. Breno is coming is coming in January, Giovanni Dos Santos, Banega, Alex, Lulinha and Mezenga (returning from Antwerp) are all arriving in the summer of 2008.

With regards to the season, Anderson has been the one my brightest players so far. I lost 2-0 in the Community Shield, Amauri scoring twice. In the Premier League, I'm a couple of points clear of Chelsea. Played Already played Arsenal (away) and Liverpool at home. Drew 2-2 with Arsenal, beating Liverpool quite comfortably 3-0 at Old Trafford. Battered copenhagen 5-2 away in the first game of the Champions League.

I have opted to assign the captaincy to Owen Hargeaves and keep Giggs as the vice-captain. Not players, I think it was only Scholes, said they were unhappy that Neville is longer captain. Ferdinand and Rooney are have also been given the armband during games. Pandev is my top scorer so far, with 7 goals.

Ronaldo (Arsenal), Ferdinand (Barcelona & Real), Vidic (Inter and Milan) and Carrick (Real and Milan) have all been subject to enquiries, which were immediately thrown out!

Half way through my first season with Man Utd, played 21 games, won 19, drawn 2, scored 62 goals, conceded 6. Beating Arsenal and Liverpool 5-0 away and Chelsea 6-0 at home as well.

I would recommend just sticking with the original team and bring in youngsters for the future. Rooney and Tevez don't really work well upfront together, but since I sold Saha, my only other backup strikers are Aaritalo and Zarate (just came in Jan). They scored tons of goals, but that's more due to the insane amount of chances Anderson, Nani and Ronaldo made for them (they miss at least 3 sitters each every game).

Ferdinand and Vidic hasn't put a foot wrong all season, Evra has been great, but I will need to replace Neville as soon as possible. He for some reason likes to pretend to be a CB and mark the striker I told Ferdinand to mark, thus leaving the opposition's winger completely free to cross. Fortunately for me, Neville does block the cross more often than not. Barragan from Deportivo looks like a good replacingment.

The times when Carrick and Hargreaves have both been injured, Gibson has been able to make the step up and fill in CM (CM with a down arrow to DM). But I am thinking about buying Javi Martinez (wonderkid CM from Athletic) to replace Carrick with Gibson rotting in my reserve. Anderson has been nothing but Superb for me, he starts every game ahead of Scholes.

VDS has been doing well for me, make vital saved when called upon, but didn't really need to do too much each game. Kuszczak is not too bad, although he has conceded alot more goal, but I blame myself for using a weaker defence when he plays, which is only in the league cup (lost my first game 3-1 to Bolton) and the FA cup (won my first game 4-3 vs Reading).

I have not experience any bad selling from my chairman yet, but I have to negotiate a 14m deal to 20m for Evra from Barca (they refused). Other than that, noone has seriously tried to take my players.

Just won the treble icon_biggrin.gif Prem,league cup,FA cup and final of the Champs league. Woulda won that too if Rooney, Tevez, Nani, Vidic weren't injured >.<

In: Fred - £19m

Thiago - £6m

Hobbs - £4m

Breno - £8m

Looking for a world class winger for cover to Nani and Ronaldo.

Out:

Kuzsack - £6m

Pique rejected Arsenal for 15m icon_frown.gif

Evra rejected Barca for 20m.

I have so much depth and wonderkids the prem should be a breezeeee again. Won 14 pts clear last season icon_biggrin.gif Fernandez tutoring Piatti icon_biggrin.gif Got a new contract so can't wait till next season and look where my wonderkids are! hehe

let me tell u ppl loser something straight man. u ppl cant play fm for nuts. vida and rio is the best CB u can ever have. i dun see the point in sellin them off. really u guys r plain 2puid. i onli bought martinez , taiwo, barragan, jovetic... thats all i need and i gt a treble in 1st season... i read on with this bloody thread man. even if they r useless wheres ur sense of pride for uniteed? i even keep fletcher oshea and all for the likin of manu...

Archived