FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone recommend a good DM?

I've just finished my first season, won the Premiership and FA Cup, but lost in the Semi's of the Champions League to Chelsea, and also lost to Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Someone other than Banega plz, who has already moved to a different club?

Originally posted by gtavicer9:

Can someone recommend a good DM?

I've just finished my first season, won the Premiership and FA Cup, but lost in the Semi's of the Champions League to Chelsea, and also lost to Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Someone other than Banega plz, who has already moved to a different club?

Veloso?

Well all I know is Hargreaves is great ... and Banega will be much better in the future.

If Veloso is too slow, I trust you need someone with speed?

How about this guy with potential and not too expensive IMO (I dunno your kitty) - Marek Hamsik will be a great choice

Ilsinho and Juan Manuel Torres?

How on Earth did you sell Joh Oshea for 10mill? Evra for 40??

£10m for O'Shea I can just about swallow but £40m for Evra? Madness. Even using the trick of offering him around for nothing and then negotiating a high price over 24 months it's impossible. randy and Gibson for that price is is...tbf though he did over pay massively for Aguero and Guardado.

Every player i sold was over 24 months. As for Evra i did'nt offer him to clubs Barcelona made a bid of £18m so i negotiated to £40m over 24 months, simple as that. I have also just sold Vidic for £40m over 24 months as he was unhappy about not being able to move clubs.

I find it much easier to sell players for high prices compared to FM07.

As for Aguero the cheapest i have ever got him was £30M that was even after him being unhappy.

I think the prices of players in this game are quite unrealistic.

How do you sell the players for so much? i only managed to get 16.25 for evra. nobody wants my other players. i feel like selling saha and co.

Right, players that you want to sell that you probably won't get offers for e.g O'Shea, Gibson etc. What you do is transfer list them for £0 and you will get a load of teams enquiring, so you neqotiate the offers to price you want over 24 months and you always usually get at least 1 team who will accept.

As for players like Evra,Vidic etc, you are better waiting until someone puts an offer in for them first and then neqotiate it over 24months.

Originally posted by gtavicer9:

Too expensive and too slow.. I'm looking for someone with pace.

Why would you need somone with pace for DM. It's one of the few positions on the field where a player doesnt necessarily need pace. I have Veloso, got him rather cheap and he is fine. Atm I'm in the process of rotating him with Hargreaves and Carrick. I expect him to be a key player by the end of the 2nd season.

saivet was sent to antwerp with bogdan stancu i played them for half the season they was scoring brilliantly due to wayne rooney being injusred n sold tevez foe 45 million

y doe yours look so diferent ot mine

Originally posted by Got_Talent?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b101:

Right, finally done with first season. A 31-match unbeaten streak carried me to the Premiership title, seven points clear of Arsenal. I had to win my players' confidences back after a poor start but once you get the tactics sorted it's alright....then beat Chelsea in an absolutely EPIC Champions League Final:

uclxw3.th.png

And a few more screenies:

Squad - squadyp3.th.png

Transfers - transfersip3.th.png

Thinking of getting rid of Saha (he's been terrible for me) and possibly bringing in Vaughan from Everton...couple of others I'm keeping tabs on but feel free to suggest

I lost to Chelsea in Champs league final icon_frown.gif 2-3 but i had Tevez, Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo, Fernandez, Vidic all out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just smashed Chelsea 3-2. The goals we conceded were soft and it really should have been 5. Owen scored right after coming off the bench with a beauty. £10m. Bargain. Tevez and Rooney scored before that too. All 3 of my strikers managed to score icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Rydo L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you sell the players for so much? i only managed to get 16.25 for evra. nobody wants my other players. i feel like selling saha and co.

Right, players that you want to sell that you probably won't get offers for e.g O'Shea, Gibson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gibson!? He's fb you fool. Plus O'Shea is nice to have as he supplies backup for the whole of the defensive area.

I'm doing well in the league, spesh as Owen is an absolute goal machines. Dessena is also doing well.

But I seem to be getting raped by crippling debt. My wages are under the budget, but match day costs are more than I MAKE on a match day, which seems silly because in reality Utd make about 2.5 million on a match day. Probs get the sack soon because it's -10 million. ****.

Originally posted by Evon:

Hello, evsky. Why the new account? And as you can see, most of the old crowd have left. Sheps is still hanging around like a bad smell though icon_razz.gif

icon_frown.gif *showers*

Finished my Utd season btw, and just brought Michael Johnson in from City for £18m, after I unsettled him (he wanted to move to a bigger club) and barterd them down from £22M.

Also, just got the Holland job after van Basten was sacked for a poor performance in the Euro Championships. Big update coming when I reach the end of the summer c'os I cant be arsed doing it now.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Hello, evsky. Why the new account? And as you can see, most of the old crowd have left. Sheps is still hanging around like a bad smell though icon_razz.gif

icon_frown.gif *showers*

Finished my Utd season btw, and just brought Michael Johnson in from City for £18m, after I unsettled him (he wanted to move to a bigger club) and barterd them down from £22M.

Also, just got the Holland job after van Basten was sacked for a poor performance in the Euro Championships. Big update coming when I reach the end of the summer c'os I cant be arsed doing it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 mio is way too much for Johnson. I got him for 4.5 mio approaching the 4th season with my Leeds team.

(Sorry to be writing in here when I'm not currently playing as Man Utd, but I'll definately have a game with the Red Devils sometime soon, so I'm keeping up in here icon_smile.gif)

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

icon_frown.gif *showers*

Also, just got the Holland job after van Basten was sacked for a poor performance in the Euro Championships. Big update coming when I reach the end of the summer c'os I cant be arsed doing it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad, wish i could get Holland job, i got an offer from Greece w/o applying so i gladly accept it. Now i am facing a huge problem as i dont know anything about greece except they've won European Championship couple years ago... lol to myself...

Originally posted by Rydo L:

quote:

How do you sell the players for so much? i only managed to get 16.25 for evra. nobody wants my other players. i feel like selling saha and co.

Right, players that you want to sell that you probably won't get offers for e.g O'Shea, Gibson

Gibson!? He's fb you fool. Plus O'Shea is nice to have as he supplies backup for the whole of the defensive area.

Did i say Gibson and O'Shea were'nt good?(NO)

I said you probably would'nt get offers in for them so if you wanted to sell them then you would transfer list them for £0 and sell over 24 months.

Try reading the post first!

Tbf you did put:

"players that you want to sell"

That would suggest that these are players that you sell, hence coming to that you dont think they're good enough for Man Utd.

I was just using them as an example mate.

Sometimes i do keep Gibson and O'Shea as they are good but i decided to to sell them this time just for a change.

Originally posted by Sheps:

Why would you need somone with pace for DM. It's one of the few positions on the field where a player doesnt necessarily need pace. I have Veloso, got him rather cheap and he is fine. Atm I'm in the process of rotating him with Hargreaves and Carrick. I expect him to be a key player by the end of the 2nd season.

I guess the reason is that the rest of my team is quite fast. My aerobic training is pretty intense, and the only slow position I have is AMC. The reason I want a DMC is because Carrick has gone to Arsenal after they offered 20m and the board accepted on my behalf. I have Benzerga, but he's way too young. I just need an experienced DMC as I play with 2 DMCs as my away tactic.

Might try to bargain down Veloso. He's valued at 12m now, and I have some money from the Carrick sale. Would prefer someone under 10m though.. icon_smile.gif

Just started a game and Vidic is unhappy that I rejected an offer for him from AC Milan. He now won't sign a new contract.

Is there anyone I can do to keep him happy. I'm also worried that the board will accept an offer for him in the January window as quite a few people mention that that has happened in their games. What can I do to stop that as well?

Cheers

Hitch - This happened to me. AC Milan and Arsenal both enquired about Vidic which I immediately rejected. he became unhappy about this and was angry with me for not allowing him to move clubs. I had just signed Breno (January 2008 transfer market), so I dropped Vidic in place of him for a few games. In the end Vidic has given up and is now happy at the club and proud of the league position (1st). I'm currently approaching Schalke in the Champions League first knock-out round.

i just have had a rollercoaster champions league... i never lost yet.. but quite alot draw.. now 1st ler.. 4 points clear.. >.<

i drew barca...

1st leg at nou camp lost 1-2

at home..

they score 1st.. halftime 0-1..

then halftime i put where's ya pride, rooney and ronaldo make a difference... den sub those tired ones out at 64min.. and i turn it around! won the match 3-1

aggregate 4-3 WEEEEEE. damm that messi. must show onto wrong foot would be e right thing =X

semis- here i come icon_biggrin.gif

My squad for FM this season (currently top of league in February. 6 points clear. Got knocked out League Cup by Reading 6-1 away haha!

GK – Edwin van der Sar, Tomasz Kuszczak, Tom Heaton

DF – Dani Alves, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, john O’Shea, Gerard Pique, Jonny Evans, Breno, Danny Simpson

MF – Cristiano Ronaldo, Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Ji-Sung Park, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes

FD – Wayne Rooney, Carlos Teves, Goran Pandev, Freddy Kanoute.

Transfers that have already been agreed for the summer are:

David – Centre Back – Palmeiras – 20 – Brazilian

Alex – Attacking Midfielder (dubbed next Ronaldinho on the game) – Santos – 17 – Brazilian

Ever Banega – Defensive Midfielder – Boca Juniors – 19 – Argentine

Giovanni Dos Santos – Attacking Midfielder – Barcelona – 18 – Mexican

Bojan – Striker – Barcelona – 17 – Spanish

Lulinha – Attacking Midfielder – Santos – 18 – Brazilian

Rafael – Right back/wing back – Fluminese – 18 - Brazilian

Fabio – Left back/wing back – Fluminese – 18 – Brazilian

Other players who are on my shortlist:

Gianluigi Buffon – GK – Juventus

Andreas Iniesta – AMF –Barcelona

Sergio Aguero – AMF/FD – Atletico Madrid

Javi Martinez – AMF – Atletico Madrid

Kaka – AMF – Milan

Players that I will sell/listen to offers for:

Van der Sar – End of contract. Looking into the possibility of signing Buffon from juventus. He’s currently unhappy and wants to leave

Gary Neville – Sell – Ageing and behind Dani Alves. Also have Brown, O’Shea, Pique and Simpson who can play Right back

Mikael Silvestre (stuck in reserves all season) – Sell.

Michael Carrick – Listen – defensive Midfielder is Hargreaves, Attacking Midfielder is currently Anderson – Carrick is neither of these.

Goran Pandev – Sell – Has problem with Nani and have since changed my system. Will play a 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-3-2-1 formation next season. Don't want to overload my front men as I'm only going to using 1 at the start.

Ji-Sung Park – Sell – Not needed

Ryan Giggs – End of contract – Ageing and behind Nani on left hand side. Dos Santos is coming in and can play on the left. Ronaldo is more than capable there too.

Paul Scholes – Sell. Fitness is terrible. Takes a couple of weeks to recover from a match. Anderson, along with Lulinha and Alex will play AMF.

I am looking to sign an AMF i.e Kaka, Iniesta which ould allow me to rotate with Anderson. Bringing one of the two mentioned would then allow me to loan out Alex and Lulinha to progress and to learn invaluable first team experience.

Originally posted by Adiee:

My squad for FM this season (currently top of league in February. 6 points clear. Got knocked out League Cup by Reading 6-1 away haha!

GK – Edwin van der Sar, Tomasz Kuszczak, Tom Heaton

It seemed to me you are getting a huge squad ... What I am scared is that in the second season your finances will cripple but from what I see you are selling people like Neville, Scholes and Giggs but they are home grown and Neville and Giggs are the captains so what are you gonna do about that?

DF – Dani Alves, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, john O’Shea, Gerard Pique, Jonny Evans, Breno, Danny Simpson

MF – Cristiano Ronaldo, Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Ji-Sung Park, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes

FD – Wayne Rooney, Carlos Teves, Goran Pandev, Freddy Kanoute.

Transfers that have already been agreed for the summer are:

David – Centre Back – Palmeiras – 20 – Brazilian

Alex – Attacking Midfielder (dubbed next Ronaldinho on the game) – Santos – 17 – Brazilian

Ever Banega – Defensive Midfielder – Boca Juniors – 19 – Argentine

Giovanni Dos Santos – Attacking Midfielder – Barcelona – 18 – Mexican

Bojan – Striker – Barcelona – 17 – Spanish

Lulinha – Attacking Midfielder – Santos – 18 – Brazilian

Rafael – Right back/wing back – Fluminese – 18 - Brazilian

Fabio – Left back/wing back – Fluminese – 18 – Brazilian

Other players who are on my shortlist:

Gianluigi Buffon – GK – Juventus

Andreas Iniesta – AMF –Barcelona

Sergio Aguero – AMF/FD – Atletico Madrid

Javi Martinez – AMF – Atletico Madrid

Kaka – AMF – Milan

Players that I will sell/listen to offers for:

Van der Sar – End of contract. Looking into the possibility of signing Buffon from juventus. He’s currently unhappy and wants to leave

Gary Neville – Sell – Ageing and behind Dani Alves. Also have Brown, O’Shea, Pique and Simpson who can play Right back

Mikael Silvestre (stuck in reserves all season) – Sell.

Michael Carrick – Listen – defensive Midfielder is Hargreaves, Attacking Midfielder is currently Anderson – Carrick is neither of these.

Goran Pandev – Sell – Has problem with Nani and have since changed my system. Will play a 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-3-2-1 formation next season. Don't want to overload my front men as I'm only going to using 1 at the start.

Ji-Sung Park – Sell – Not needed

Ryan Giggs – End of contract – Ageing and behind Nani on left hand side. Dos Santos is coming in and can play on the left. Ronaldo is more than capable there too.

Paul Scholes – Sell. Fitness is terrible. Takes a couple of weeks to recover from a match. Anderson, along with Lulinha and Alex will play AMF.

I am looking to sign an AMF i.e Kaka, Iniesta which ould allow me to rotate with Anderson. Bringing one of the two mentioned would then allow me to loan out Alex and Lulinha to progress and to learn invaluable first team experience.

It seemed to me you are getting a huge squad ... What I am scared is that in the second season your finances will cripple but from what I see you are selling people like Neville, Scholes and Giggs but they are home grown and Neville and Giggs are the captains so what are you gonna do about that?

I am all to aware of that mate and it's something that I am a little concerned about.

I have actually taken the captain's armband from Neville and passed it to Hargreaves. Giggs remains my vice-captain however.

With regards to them being home-grown, i will have Danny Simpson, Jonny Evans and Darron Gibson in my first team squad, as well as Darren Fletcher.

I just think that, the players that are coming in the summer are, without doubt, top top class youngsters and I find it very hard indeed to not sign these kind of players when the chance comes. Rafael and Fabio are going to be loaned out that's for sure. Depending on whether i can bring in another attacking midfielder, then Alex and Lulinha will be loaned to gain experience, possibly after Christmas.

Well if so carry on but what I am scared of is Man Utd seemed to lose money easily and I got into heavy debt in my first game halfway thru the second season and my transfers are controlled by the board and deducted 9 points.

I'm really narked off.

My first United game I deleted by accident after winning the league and CL first season.

I started a new game and won the com shield, prem with 4 games to go and also won the league cup.

I was in the final of the FA Cup (due to play Reading) and had just reached the final of the CL (due to play Valencia).

My squad was great and I had plenty of money in the bank and my game crashed. I tried to reload and carry on from my last saved point (previous month) but it keeps crashing so I am going to have to delete it.

How annoying is that???!!!

Plus, my PC is so slow I probably played for about 14 hours just to get to near the end of the first season!

I am well peeved!

Duds

Dunno.

I bought in Van der Vaart, huntelaar, Marcelo, Lloris, a lot of young players and sold Fletcher, Silvestre, Saha and some random reserves and U18s

Next season bought in Silva. And this happened.

Not sure too.

Well I shall bear that in mind anyway. That'd be a nightmare should that happen!

There's also going to be an overhaul of my scouting and coaching staff and with a decent preseason programme as the one you start with isn't the best.

How many pre-season games are recommended? I always have around 8 games. I mix the squad up so around 5 games will be for my first team, a couple of mixed reserves and first team and 1 for the youngsters.

i am just 5 games into season 2. I sold Saha in the January transfer window, sold Fletcher at the beginning sold Dong, Campbell, Evans kept Gibson as he turns into a great player i somehow lost out on Ignashevich to Deportivo still don't know how.... I did but Jo from CSKA(my mind went blank hope this is right and i don't look like a prat) for £6.5m also tryed for Vagner Love but i wasn't prepared to pay £14m his team demanded should i have pushed my buget? i also got Petri Pasanen for cover a posable long term replacment for Neville so far he's been a great buy for £4.5m but you need to bid for him as soon as the game starts. I also got Van Der vaart for £10m and in his 17th apperance he got injured and is out till March 2009 (he's out for just over a year - knee ligament) Danny Simpson is also doing well he played 3 league games for me as Neville, Pasanen and Brown are all out for but back soon. Pique after 3 games was my top goal scorer with 4 in three, but Jo put him in his place scoring 6 past Sunderland in a 8-2 win. Also keep Foster he is great, Van Der Sar got injured with 6 league games to go and he came in kept 6 clean sheets, including a penalty save that won the league with 2 games to go.

Just started my second season and i have signed

Vanden Borre (3mil)

Beuno (2.5mil)

David (1.9mil)

Guardado (15mil)

Nasri (12mil)

Benega (3.5mil)

the 2 rubbish brazilians fabio and rafael (1.2mil each)

Oscar Ustari (10mil)

Cavani (20mil)

Sergio Aguero (25mil)

Got over 60mil from board plus money from sales to spend in my second season (got as i won everything in my first season also sold:

Fletcher (9mil)

Foster (8mil)

O'shea (6mil)

Silvestre (5mil)

and other rubbish reserves e.g. Tom Heaton

Glazer is ****ing me off with 4mil loans per month it ruins my finances

in jan 2010 and my form in the 3rd season has been great. After scraping the league title in '09 and a job saving Champions League '08 i am on course to challenge on all fronts this season. Letting Neville, Scholes, Giggs and VDS all leave at end of 2nd season worked out well as the oldies were struggling imo. Average Spuad Age of 22 now.

GK Akinfeev Lloris Foster

DF Rio, Simpson, Pique, Cathcart, Evans, Coloccini, Marcelo, Emanuelson.

MF Ronaldo, Dos Santos, Capel, Gourcuff, Carrick, Veloso, Banega, Anderson,

St Rooney Tevez Aguero Bojan Walcott

Would love Pato but can't fit him in at the minute tevez attracting interst from Juve see where that goes

Halfway through the second season ...

Signed Urby Emanuelson (sp) ot replace Evra and Pique replaced Vidic.

Done pretty well and I signed Barnes in the Jan transfer window. Pique and Barnes scored their firs goal for Man Utd in the recent two matches respectively.

Pique a total fluke goal! From his own half, delivers a cross way too long which left Reina wondering why it had been a goal!

Barnes scored from near the corner spot, a meant to be cross which entered the goal!

Cool!

Originally posted by Evon:

I tried to log in on my old accounts, it appears they got deleted :O lol

Archived