FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Swordsaman:

think most proably i will target these 4 players micard richards, aguero akineev and silva to stregnthen the squad

If you've just started your game and want these 4 players immediately you have no chance mate. They will cost a bomb!

Originally posted by Adiee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swordsaman:

think most proably i will target these 4 players micard richards, aguero akineev and silva to stregnthen the squad

If you've just started your game and want these 4 players immediately you have no chance mate. They will cost a bomb! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im into my 2nd season half more way to go. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by glory utd:

I agree with CB, ST and GK but dint think you need Silva. HE would be far too expensive and you already have Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani and Guardado. Not to mention Anderson, Fernandez, Aaritalo and Rafinha who can all play on the wing too.

giggs is too old. 35 yrs of age. i only use him as emergency backup. whats the min price i can get for akifeev ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adiee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swordsaman:

If you've just started your game and want these 4 players immediately you have no chance mate. They will cost a bomb! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im into my 2nd season half more way to go. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies then. Will make me learn to read earlier posts then.

I'm currently in March 2008. Ronaldinho has asked to leave Barcelona! Major news throughout the footballing world. I've sent every single one of my scouts, one after another to watch him and they have all said to sign him at any cost. I'm starting negotiating with Barcelona very soon. They've recently shown an interest in Carrick, so I may use him as bait!

if you only have anderson and paul scholes as am, go for ronaldinho. how much would he cost ?

Well I'm going to sell Scholes at the end of the season. van der Sar, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are all going to leave. I have Lulinha, Alex, Banega, Dos Santos, Bojan and David all coming in the summer. Breno joined in January.

I currently have Kaka and Iniesta on my shortlist (well, before this Ronnie). Next season i plan to use a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 formation and I think Ronaldinho would fit the bill perfectly behind the front man.

Originally posted by Adiee:

if you only have anderson and paul scholes as am, go for ronaldinho. how much would he cost ?

Well I'm going to sell Scholes at the end of the season. van der Sar, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are all going to leave. I have Lulinha, Alex, Banega, Dos Santos, Bojan and David all coming in the summer. Breno joined in January.

I currently have Kaka and Iniesta on my shortlist (well, before this Ronnie). Next season i plan to use a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 formation and I think Ronaldinho would fit the bill perfectly behind the front man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow how did u managed to sign dos santos and bojan ? and which david are you refering to ? david villa ?

wow how did u managed to sign dos santos and bojan ? and which david are you refering to ? david villa ?

I offer Bojan £40k a week and told him he'd be used in the squad rotation system. He wasn't interested in a role below that. With Dos Santos, I told him he'd be used in the squad rotation system and offered him good terms. David is a 20 year old centra back who plays for Palmeiras in Brazil. He's a fantastic player. I suggest you sign him.

Hello again All.

After exchanging my corrupted file in Woolies, I have started another United game.

First Season Transfers In:-

Banega

Wijnaldum

Barkroth

Aaritalo

Adriano (loan)

Podolski (loan)

Banega was about £2 mil whilst Wijnaldum and Barkroth were cheap. Adriano was a beast on loan and was a good back up to Rooney & Tevez.

Podolski came on loan in January as Rooney injured himself for 3 months.

Players Out:-

Fletcher

Bardsley

Dong

Eagles

Fletcher went to Newcastle for £15 mil over 24 months!

Community Shield - won on penalties

League - won on last day of season

FA Cup - lost is Quarters to City!!

League Cup - lost in Quarters to Arsenal

Champs League - lost in Semi's to Barca who played well and beat me in both legs.

Barca went on to beat Velencia 7-5 in the final within 90 minutes!

As my finances were great I was offered £53 mil transfer budget at the start of the second season.

Second season transfers in:-

Aguerro £33 mil but worth every penny.

Lulinha

Transfers out:

Aaritalo £10 mil to City over 24 months plus 25% sell on fee. I know he becomes a good player but I wasn't playing him and he was unhappy.

I am in the January (2009) transfer window and am still in all cups plus I am second in the league.

I used budget adjustment so I still have £40 mil transfer budget.

My targets are Akinfeev or Ustari (GK), Marcelo or Bale (LB).

Who is best out of Akinfeev and Ustari?

Who is best out of Marcelo and Bale? I really just want back up for Evra but someone who could play straight away (Evra is unhappy) if I sell Evra.

Regards,

Darrell

Originally posted by Powermonger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD-Ronaldo:

Checkout this goal from Huntelaar in the Champions League vs Roma.

Scored from behind the halfway line. Haven't done that for a few years...

Put the file in your Matches folder which is In My Documents/FM2008/Matches

The select View Match on the main menu & you'll see it.

>>Download File<<

Is that the right PKM? Huntelaar didnt even score in that match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the right PKM. Huntelaar scores in added time..

Can anyone recommend or upload a decent 4-2-3-1 tactic? iv'e played two games and in the first season i made two 4-2-3-1's and they both won the double but when it get to the second season team's star working it out and i'm not getting the results i want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Swordsaman-You need some better strikers definitely. Aaritalo and Mezenga aren't Man Utd quality. You should sell alot of players too. And Tevez is fine for me. He rarely plays anyway icon_biggrin.gif

evon please give some good advice, who should i sell beside Aaritalo and Mezenga ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I haven't seen Mezenga's stats but I wouldn't sell him yet. Loan him out to get him out there and sell him. Sell either Carrick or Hargreaves too. Buy a CB too. Why the hell did you sell Vidic? And Brown!!!!!

Red Star vs Man Utd

The first goal in this is amazing. It came a few seconds in and the passing in that was just amazing. Ronaldo's goal was special too. All the goals were great in fact. 4 goals in 13 minutes *drools*

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Swordsaman-You need some better strikers definitely. Aaritalo and Mezenga aren't Man Utd quality. You should sell alot of players too. And Tevez is fine for me. He rarely plays anyway icon_biggrin.gif

evon please give some good advice, who should i sell beside Aaritalo and Mezenga ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I haven't seen Mezenga's stats but I wouldn't sell him yet. Loan him out to get him out there and sell him. Sell either Carrick or Hargreaves too. Buy a CB too. Why the hell did you sell Vidic? And Brown!!!!!

Red Star vs Man Utd

The first goal in this is amazing. It came a few seconds in and the passing in that was just amazing. Ronaldo's goal was special too. All the goals were great in fact. 4 goals in 13 minutes *drools* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because some clubs try to poach them away and i refuse to sell, then they became unhappy because i don't allow them to transfer so i got no choice to sell them.

hi there!!!!

im currently in dec,08.right now just won 13 game streak in epl...i have used 4-3-1-2 with

gk-van der sar/akinfeev

dr-neville/barzagla(valencia's player)/wes brown

dl-evra/o'shea

dc-ferdinand/jonathan evans

dc-vidic/pique

mr-ronaldo/nani

ml-park ji-sung/nani

mc-Wijnaldum/owen/scholes

amc-anderson/aguero

st-rooney

st-tevez/aguero

anderson doing great if u put him as amc...wijnaldum also hv a great future..i bought him only for 1m in 1st season and now he become a wonderkid n done very well for me..pls keep jonathan evans because he will become a wonderkid in 2nd season...

player sold

carrick to spurs again icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif-30m

fletcher to everton-17m

kuszhak to reading-7m

saha to aston villa-17m

right just waiting permit for wonderkid breno(dc)...because i want to sell ferdinand... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by MD-Ronaldo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD-Ronaldo:

Checkout this goal from Huntelaar in the Champions League vs Roma.

Scored from behind the halfway line. Haven't done that for a few years...

Put the file in your Matches folder which is In My Documents/FM2008/Matches

The select View Match on the main menu & you'll see it.

>>Download File<<

Is that the right PKM? Huntelaar didnt even score in that match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the right PKM. Huntelaar scores in added time.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm something must be bugged then because he didn't score in extra time at all when I played it back.

Coming to the end of my 4th season and with 5 games left I am 3 points clear of Chelsea. only problem is this season my defence has been very leeky. Rio and Pique are my main pairing with simpson RB and Marcelo Lb. Thinkin of bringing in Ramos for 40M to replace Rio in long run but provided competition at Rb til Rio retires(he's 32 atm)

Originally posted by devilskeeper:

I don't know why but Rio is shocking in the game despite his stats. He makes a mistake every match in my game and it's really annoying. So now i use Pique, who is unsettled as he is whining i didn't let him go to barca and real madrid.

Clearly your tactics as he doesn't make any mistakes for me.

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CPS:

Pretty chuffed with this result. Even Gary Nev scored 2 mins after coming off the bench.

milanclqfjo4.th.png]Man U vs Milan CL QF[/url]

What formation did you use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Used a 4-4-2 with width slider up to max. Milan have a narrow nidfield so their full backs were getting exposed by Ronaldo and Nani time after time. Saha as target man with both full backs and wingers on cross to target man (wingers from byline). Thought i'd try and keep it tight for the 2nd leg - it ended up 3-3!

Originally posted by CPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CPS:

Pretty chuffed with this result. Even Gary Nev scored 2 mins after coming off the bench.

milanclqfjo4.th.png]Man U vs Milan CL QF[/url]

What formation did you use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Used a 4-4-2 with width slider up to max. Milan have a narrow nidfield so their full backs were getting exposed by Ronaldo and Nani time after time. Saha as target man with both full backs and wingers on cross to target man (wingers from byline). Thought i'd try and keep it tight for the 2nd leg - it ended up 3-3! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you get the epl badges and kits please? thanks.

i have a tip for people in the first season January window i bought Beckford SC from Leeds Utd for £500,000 i just wanted to spend money but i had to play him in a few games due to injury and he scored 9 goals in 5 appearances

2 vs wigan

3 vs newcastle

1 vs inter milan

1 vs barcelona (my worst game as utd manager got thumped 8-1)

2 vs birmingham

Just about to start the 2nd season i got Michael Owen in the first season but he didnt do too well Saha was top scorer with 26 and then Rooney with 24. Just sold Tevez for 30 million as he is complete crap for me. I need another striker and have around 20 million to spend on one any recommendations?

Started with United and im currently unbeaten,won 3 drawn 1!

Team is VDS,Brown,Evra,Vidic,Rio,Carrick,Ronaldo,Giggs, Anderson,Rooney,Tevez.

Subs are Kuszack,Emanuelson,Nani,Scholes,Huntelaar.

Others include Neville,Pique,Hargreaves,Saha!!

Any thought on how i could improve my team?...Have ten million left for the trasfer window in January!

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilskeeper:

I don't know why but Rio is shocking in the game despite his stats. He makes a mistake every match in my game and it's really annoying. So now i use Pique, who is unsettled as he is whining i didn't let him go to barca and real madrid.

Clearly your tactics as he doesn't make any mistakes for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't possibly be as Pique and Vidic and even young Cathcart and Evans don't make mistakes and they have the same instructions.

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

What formation did you use?

Used a 4-4-2 with width slider up to max. Milan have a narrow nidfield so their full backs were getting exposed by Ronaldo and Nani time after time. Saha as target man with both full backs and wingers on cross to target man (wingers from byline). Thought i'd try and keep it tight for the 2nd leg - it ended up 3-3! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you get the epl badges and kits please? thanks.

www.sortitoutsi.net - tons of kits, backgrounds, facepacks, badges, etc on there.

Just finished 4th season winning 3rd title in a row and although yet to get new contract starting to plan ahead. don't plan on signing anyone big as have Wijnaldum and Kerlon returning after spending the season out on loan. Wijnaldum got Prem young player of year for 2nd year running with Fulham and Reading. Hope to offlaod tevez as he's constantly moaning bout not playing

Current Squad

GK Akinfeev Lloris Grohe

DF Simpson Emanuelson Marcello Rio Pique Evans Coloccini Cathcart Woodgate

MF Ronaldo Veloso Zola Banega Anderson Dos Santos Iago Gourcuff

ST Rooney Aguero Bojan Walcott Tevez

Just started with Utd.

Ive brought in Barzagli and Aaritilo but im just trying to sell the likes of O'Shea, Silvestre and a few reserve players to afford Matias Fernandez and another striker?

Anyone got any recommendations on a cheap but good back up striker for utd?!?!?

Originally posted by callum100:

Just started with Utd.

Ive brought in Barzagli and Aaritilo but im just trying to sell the likes of O'Shea, Silvestre and a few reserve players to afford Matias Fernandez and another striker?

Anyone got any recommendations on a cheap but good back up striker for utd?!?!?

Dong Fangzola did well for me as back up in the first season.

Or you could try bringing in Adriano on loan.

Just starting game with United, is there any position that needs strengthening??

Should i play ronaldo on the right and nani on the left or other way round?

And is there any must buys that could really help my team in the future??

Cheers.

Originally posted by rolo:

Just starting game with United, is there any position that needs strengthening??

Should i play ronaldo on the right and nani on the left or other way round?

And is there any must buys that could really help my team in the future??

Cheers.

Breno

Bojan

Dos Santos

Lulinha

Alex

David

Just a few to start with!

Originally posted by devilskeeper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilskeeper:

Clearly your tactics as he doesn't make any mistakes for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't possibly be as Pique and Vidic and even young Cathcart and Evans don't make mistakes and they have the same instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either Ferdinand lost confidence because of his **** performances with tactics which you changed that still didn't make any difference or the tactics simply aren't suited to him. Clearly all those defenders are very different to Ferdinand. The key thing is, they're all slow and not as composed. Buy someone similar to him like Albiol and it'll probably be the same.

Basically...your tactics. Because he's absolutely fine for me. My best defender apart from Evra in fact. Only because Vidic faces harder opponents though.

Archived