FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Keep this about FM and not real life or it will be closed also don't take **** of people who cannot spell, a lot of users do not have English as their first language. Also there could be other reasons too. So don't highlight people's mistakes its not funny nor clever.

I also don't care tha people left because OTT was closed, I only want people around who will contribute to he forums and have discussions. If by not having a OTT it means some people will stay away then so be it.

Finally don't come into this thread to post crap or to get a reaction or I'll straight up ban you.

Think I covered everyhing and everyone icon_wink.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transfers In

Riquelme / Huntlaaer / Mc Geady / John Terry /

Out

Eagles Simpson Eveans And 2 Players On Loan

Silvestre And Saha To Spurs

Here is my question carrick and hargraves i DO NOT LIKE these 2 players

is it worth giving them away do they make a big impact in the team i have a good midfield

How much would i get for both i transfer listed them and hargraves is wanted by a few teams

Originally posted by KeanosRedAndWhiteArmy:

yea its my first season i have not started them once in the 7 games i played in

hopefully looking into the possible transfer of lampard or gerrard in january

chelsea accepted 15million and 2 players for lampard but he turned me down

you can get javier mascherno for free after end of 1st season =)

i hav started with man utd, just playin 442 attacking. but i lose stupid games and dont hav possession well.

i hav:

mentality - attacking

tempo - quick

passing - mixed or direct

i play wide.

but nothin works home or away,

cud someone advise me some stuff to change and essentionally hav??

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swordsaman:

is henri saviet good ? is he worth 4.2m ?? im being offered 4.2 m for him

He's one of the biggest prospects in the game, don't ever sell him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply. how about menez.. his club is asking for 8.25m

I've also started a new Utd game on the new patch, will keep ya'll informed as I think this one is going to be my 'big' save.

So far I've drafted in new coaches, scouts and physios. Also, I've brought in Wijnaldum (personal favourite), Barkroth and Sakho. Also in the process of grabbing Saivet. Tactics I'm undecided on, I want to use a AM, and a CM behind him as it worked ffffb on the last game, and I want to try and get the wings working so I'm think 4-3-1-2. However I might revert back to the 4-2-1-3 I was playing last time.

i'm very very disappointed icon_frown.gif i played from November till March.. today when i want to complete the season it says can't load the save file .. and the back up save was in October ,, so i prefer to start over..

so i have 12 milloin where should i spend it..

hi all.

Ive just completed my 1st full season with manutd on fm 2008, which I pretty enjoyed.

won the EPL on the last day of the season. Was level on points with Chelsea but had 1+ GD better. I played Fulham at home. They played Man City away.

I won 4-0, they lost 1-0 icon_biggrin.gif thanks man city! anyway here are a few screens.

Prem table

Fixtures towards the end.

stats + squad

As you can see I lost to chelsea in the semi's of the champs leauge. and arsenal in the 6th round of the fa cup.

Still I think I had a succesful year. bearing in mind I dont use the 2d pitch at all.

hope the layout isnt too bad.

rich.

Originally posted by Rich_Millers:

hi all.

Ive just completed my 1st full season with manutd on fm 2008, which I pretty enjoyed.

won the EPL on the last day of the season. Was level on points with Chelsea but had 1+ GD better. I played Fulham at home. They played Man City away.

I won 4-0, they lost 1-0 icon_biggrin.gif thanks man city! anyway here are a few screens.

Prem table

Fixtures towards the end.

stats + squad

As you can see I lost to chelsea in the semi's of the champs leauge. and arsenal in the 6th round of the fa cup.

Still I think I had a succesful year. bearing in mind I dont use the 2d pitch at all.

hope the layout isnt too bad.

rich.

I was lucky enough to get Saivet but the fans thinks that he is an "economical purchase" so are not too happy. Anything i can do to change that?

Can't seem to get Wjinildum ( i think thats how it's spelt). The club is accepting but he keeps on rejecting my offer. Any tips?

Also, i'm looking for an aerial striker that can give competition to Saha. Any opinions on either Huntelaar or Asamoah Gyan?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

hi guys, i started again with united, and got the youngters thathave ben mentioned on here, thanxsguys, i knew about wijnadum? cant seemto find alex from brazil on new patch? is he at vasco?

I won the premship with ease in first season only losing once and drawing once, also won champions league and fa cup.

I sold rafina to chelsea so i could buy richards and also sold tevez cause we always seem to play worse when he was in the team and he was bit hit and miss for me.

this my sqaud for 2nd season

sqaud2jm8.th.jpg

I am very happy with it theres 9 wonderkids in that squad, tell me what u think.

I know i need a new keeper but van der sar has been good for me so not in a rush to get one yet.

But i think it need triming a bit tell me who you would sell.

Hello everyone...

Well am kindda new to this forum but not to FM. Tried my hand at FM07 1st time and loved it. now, like so many of us, am addicted... icon_smile.gif

I have a question that relates to a lot of ppl's woes, tactics.

In fm7 I had 4-4-2,very very attack minded,ARM/ALM pushing up,high tempo,slightly direct pass and it worked BRILLIANTLY.

The reason for this tactic was to be able to field all/most of my 'big' players in big games.

I applied the same tactics to FM08 on my 1st season-my team (after reading this forum) consists of:

GK:VDS,Kuzack

Defense:Brown,Simpson,Rio,Vidic,Pique,Evans,Marcelo,Evra,Oshea

Midfield:Ronaldo,Gyan,Hargeaves,Banega,Fletcher,Hewson,Anderson,Scholes,Nani,Giggs

Attack:CT,Roon,Pandev,Campbell,Saivet

Reserves:

Injured: Foster,GNev,Park

Loaned out:Gibson,Cathcart,Brady,Richie Jones,Shawcross,Michael Lea.

For sale:Zieler,Chester

Will try to offload:Gnev,Oshea,Zieler,Chester

U-18 pretty much identical. Am trying to lure good youngsters from around the place!

Coming in next transfer window: lulinha,Jovetic(will be loaned for visa purposes)-am not sure whether their cost has come out of my budget yet, but if it hasn't then atm I dnt have enough money to clear their cost.

Am trying to lure Wijnaldum (personal fav from FM07). His club is not acepting any money am willing to pay.Any tips on that?

I sold Saha cheaply, 2.5 on the last day of the season as I wanted money to build my bakroom staff. Carrik for 10m. The rest went for anything up to a max of £4-I cleared the reserves. Got 29m from all sales and 28m for purchases.

Had to adjust budget to cater for other costs and for money for backroom staff.

I have personalised the training with each position having 'higher' training in the respective areas, i.e ST/FC hav high training on shooting,attacking and set pieces etc...

Brought in and sacked a few backroom staff including scouts. Portioned diferent training sections to the best coach in their respective areas, i.e Quieroz for defending etc...

And got another feeder club from US for selling merchandise. Next gona see if am offered one from far east-it worked wonders in FM07 wher my the club was rich and my transfer budget was £114m.

This one though,seems different as salaries are already quite high to key players.

Anyway, back to the main issue, what is the best attacking tactics for my team? 4-4-2(as my fm 07 tactics) doesn't work well. trying 4-3-2-1:4 at the back, 3 in md-with 2 wingers pushing up and 1 DM, 2 behind my lone striker.

In my first game against Spurs I only managed a draw after a goal in the last 15 mins. Anyone got any suggestions regarding my tactics? or anything else?

Wow...that was a long post. Thks to everyone on here. icon_smile.gif

I am playing a tactic that worked well on fm 06 and 07 its 4-4-1-1 i always adept it for each version it seems to be working well for me.

My advice would be to replay games against the big teams just to see the weak areas of your tactic then try to fix them. For example i found my tactic i would get exploited alot down the wings so i adjusted my fullbacks and cb instructions till i was happy with it. I usally start a game for about half a season or under just to tweak on work on tactics then start a new game once i am happy with my tactic.

Thanks moomoomoo-I totally understand what yr saying but since I have a lot of activity going on throughout the season,I can only try different tactics on 1 or 2 games then play them again.

Played 3 games since i started using 4-3-2-1.

Spurs 1-1

LFC 0-1 (I lost. Tried various tactics during the game to salvage a point.)

Levski Sofia 3-0 (not convincing though as they had around 4-5 players sent off)

Tried some tweaks e.g try through balls, long distance shot-mixed, free role for the 2 players behind the strikers etc then played West Ham-convincing 3-0 win.

Will report on that as I play more games.

U also have to be wary constantly changing your tactics big changes can effect the blance of your team so even if you do find a good tactic it might take awhile for your players to adjust to it.

Update on my game higuain has been amazing so far for me he has 10 goals in 6 games, i got him for 16 mill he had it as a release clause i'd highly recommend him. Aguero has been amazing too he was 10 goals in 6 games also. Rooney has been injured for most of the season and i hes not been missed cause of them 2.

Losing 6 mill a season money wise though so defenily gonna have to sell some players in the transfare iwndows

Thread seems a bit dead! wats happening...

Thx for the tips once again moomoomoo.

Regarding the tactics...its very complex as we all know it. Am trying to identify the best one to suit my needs-and probably most ppl's, pressure on opposition+goals galore, and accomodate my big players!

Its probably not gonna happe but am trying to replicate the real MUFC as much as i can.

I was very close to that on fm07!

I like to have a set first team and a 2nd one to play easier oponents.

ATM its not really happening!

I need a good target man.

I need a strong target man, who dominate in the air, with good heading and jumping.

Sample, Klose, Toni, Zigic.

I have 25mln pound.

Who is the best for target man role for this money?

Now I'm start new game.

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

Has anyone bought owen on the new patch if so

1) How much can you get him for

2) Can he play upfront on his own maybe in a 4-2-3-1 formation

Cheers for replies in advance

I can't seem to sign him, the club keeps refusing to sell him even though he wants to be transfer listed.

Just in transfer window before 3rd season, won premiership and carling cup last season. Here is my current squad:

manchesterunitedmanutdpuj2.png

In my reserves I have some quality youth, I have Baxter, Saivet, Torje and a few more.

Who do you reccomend I sign? What positions need to be improved? Any feedback welcome.

Cheers, harryseaess

Hi all,

Just finished first season. Have not loaded new patch yet but have the 2nd Beta (if that makes sense). Won the League and Champions League. The league went to the last day. and finished point ahead of Chelsea. The drew the 2nd last game of the season at home to Arsenal to pretty much hand it to me. Champions League - beat Chelsea on away goals in Semi's and Barcelona 3-2 in the Final.

After winning the board says delighted - then at end of the month board is unhappy I lost 2-1 away to Chelsea even though we went through on away goals. And no mention of winning the league or Champions League. Is this a bug - has it been fixed.

Players in:

Menez - good rotation player scouts say he has potential to be as good as Ronaldo.

Palacio - 18 goals in 26 games. Injured for two months but great upfront with Rooney.

Banega - good rotation DM.

Players out: Silvestre and some reserves nothing major.

Saha played incredible once Palacio got injured and had 18 goals also.

Also - finances struggled until I won the league and Champions League and if I did not win them I think I would have been sacked. I was surprised not to get any offers for players though.

Archived