FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Im in my 1st seasonn and im in the quarter final of the Champions League, Quarter Final of the FA Cup and 2nd in the league behind West Ham who are 3 points ahead of me!!

Ive signed Ochoa, Garay, Guilherme, Van Der Vaart, Banega and Huntelaar... And ive sold Silvestre, Carrick, Fletcher, Vidic, Eagles, O'Shea, Bardsley.

My youth team is unstoppable, released nearly all of the youth team that started at United bar Eikrem, Welbeck and brought in Zeefuik, De Gea, Saunier, Sakho, Tuia, Wijnaldum, Saivet, Torje and Dalla Valle/

Zeefuik has 22 goals in 30 games for reserves and 18s and Saivet has 34 in 35 for reserves and 18s!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NozEE:

On the SC issue you have a few options:

a) You could play and retrain Ronaldo as a striker and he'll do an equally good job as Tevez or even Rooney.

b) You could use your youngster. You have some decent - especially Febian Brandy - and it'll help them develop too.

c) Loan in a player. Usually you should be able to get in Adriano, Julio Baptista or someone like them on a loan deal.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

Cheers looks like Ronaldo it is . Was thinking Dong but not sure he is up to it

I thought I wanted to update on my second season. As mentioned, only 4 games left of the season and it started so well:

vsarsenalmangp0.th.jpg

What a game!

And next up was Middlesbrough:

vsmiddlesbroughby9.th.jpg

A new record high win! And even better: it secured my league title!

Next game, the F.A. Cup final vs Chelsea:

vschelseamanzl7.th.jpg

Nothing much to say, unfortunately.

Then the Champions Cup final against Newcastle:

vsnewcastleio8.th.jpg

I don't think I've ever lost a game against Newcastle before - this wasn't the best time to start...

So a great season ended in dissapointment - but we still got the league title.

Start of season 3

No new signings in so far - only Yoel Goldstein a 17 year-old AMC who looks really promising.

Also only sold Kieran Lee for 3.8 mio so far.

It's still only start of august so I might offload a couple other players.

First game of the season my bad run continues:

vschelseaman2qf7.th.jpg

Ben Foster had a great game... Unfortunately, so had Petr Cech.

I'll report later when I have more time icon_smile.gif

I'm currently in 2010 with £96million to spend and need an excellent DL, DC, DR and DM, all under 25yo, preferably English and not from Liverpool FC.

Any suggestions? They will replace Evra, Rio, Brown and Hargreaves.

Here's my current team:

---------------------Akinfeev/Ochoa----------------------

Richards/Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic/Pique----Baines/Evra

--------------- ---Hargreaves/Banega---------------------

Ronaldo/Nani----------------------------Guardado/Anderson

------------------------R.VDV/Kaka-----------------------

------------------ --Rooney----Tevez/Aguero--------------

Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

me thinks its time for my FM08 man utd game.. how much money do that get at the start of the game?

haven't seen you for a long time icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only really played as a couple of teams on FM then remember that none of them have been united yet icon_biggrin.gif

well how much moolah do they get icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by hitmann:

I'm currently in 2010 with £96million to spend and need an excellent DL, DC, DR and DM, all under 25yo, preferably English and not from Liverpool FC.

Any suggestions? They will replace Evra, Rio, Brown and Hargreaves.

Here's my current team:

---------------------Akinfeev/Ochoa----------------------

Richards/Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic/Pique----Baines/Evra

--------------- ---Hargreaves/Banega---------------------

Ronaldo/Nani----------------------------Guardado/Anderson

------------------------R.VDV/Kaka-----------------------

------------------ --Rooney----Tevez/Aguero--------------

For the DR spot you've got Danny Simpson who's great and for the DC spot, you've got Cathcart and Evans - no need for strengthening these spots in my opinion.

Not only is Danny Simpson potentially great, he's a really nice man (he goes in the same pub as me occasionally, don't "know" him as such but he seems sorted and has stayed down to earth despite getting a few first team appearances)

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

who do people normally sell? as i'm tryign to get some money in as i need a few players and no one seems to want Rio icon_frown.gif

but for once i have my staff & training sorted \o/ granted it will probably fail but meh \o/

I sold sivestre, fletcher, eagles, and lots of reserve playes raised fair bit of cash, if i were you i wouldn't sell rio, he's immense.

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

who do people normally sell? as i'm tryign to get some money in as i need a few players and no one seems to want Rio icon_frown.gif

but for once i have my staff & training sorted \o/ granted it will probably fail but meh \o/

I sold sivestre, fletcher, eagles, and lots of reserve playes raised fair bit of cash, if i were you i wouldn't sell rio, he's immense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a fan of Rio tbh plus i would have Samba coming for about a million and he is more then good enough to replace him (from past experiences)

trying to get rid of Carrick but again not much luck

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

fair do's, i had samba on my ajax game an he turned into a quality player, who you looking at to replace carrick?

carrick won't be playign anywhere as i'll be playign a diamond so thast a AMC & DM

AMC - Anderson & Scholes

DM - Hargreaves & Pique

and Adrien might be joing for about 250k which would be nice

Originally posted by Evon:

Pique isn't a DM. Banega's better. And why would you sell Rio and then replace him with Samba? Samba's much too slow. Barzagli or Breno would be much better.

oh christ not all this again..

Piqué can play DM and has done very well for my old Arsenal team when needed.. i dislike Banega as a DM as he is far too creative, i have had Samba many times before and his pace has never been an issue with me plus i dislike Rio

Originally posted by Evon:

Pique isn't a DM. Banega's better. And why would you sell Rio and then replace him with Samba? Samba's much too slow. Barzagli or Breno would be much better.

Pique is amazing at DM, he played awesome there for my Man Utd team

Hiya,

anyone got any advice as to the best formation for my team!

Got a few big teams to play in a row so had to settle for draws in a few as I have a lead in the EPL.

But playing semi for CL against Barca and semi for FA cup against Chelsea, all within a few days.

I have been using 4-3-2-1

4 Defenders

3 -1 DM, 2 on the wings

2-AMC

1-ST

The problem is that even though i have won most games so far, I have found my midfield to lose the ball too often.

Somehow I am doing something wrong. And I often find my DM having to run here there and everywhere as my team is exremely atacking.

Anyone got any advice for me plz?

here's my current team:

68264729fy4.th.png

Zeefuik is in there but u cnt see him.

my reserves:

17464664tu8.th.png

I have Alex Tex coming-but he will be shipped to Anderlect for WP. Also have lulinha on the way.

What I need is a good LWB and a good AML...Being quoted a good few millions for Assaiti. and Eduardo does not have WP.

Btw, who is Joshua King? Never heard of him except on FM, was he bought by United for real? or was it just me? Coz I cnt rememba but I saw someone had Joshua King as well!!!

Cheers

I meant shipped to Antwerp... icon_smile.gif

I have a tip as well (I guess it has been mentioned before though), when somebody asks for a better contract, put the player status down as the lowest category, backup or sth.

I tried it with Pique after he wanted better contract.

A few games later and his wage demands had gone down.

is it odd that i have danny welbeck as my fav player?

He was on learning from all my best players since he is at start and STOLE all their moves.

Then i played him consistently.... he was at above 7 for all four seasons i played with MAN UTD. The latest season, he scored like 27 goals in all competition with 7 MOM.

Anyone with similar experience? I am trying to understand how to groom young people. His players stat is quite shitty though... i can't seems to make his stat look great.

anyone ever had any experience with Danut Coman as i am looking for a good cheap keeper and tbf his stats do look very very good and i'm a bit unsure of VDS

VDS is actually a good keeper. Play him for the first year and then slowly nurture Ben Foster in after he recovers from his injury - that's what I've done and Foster is great.

That said, Coman looks ace on your game. He isn't nearly as good on my game.

anyone ever had any experience with Danut Coman as i am looking for a good cheap keeper and tbf his stats do look very very good and i'm a bit unsure of VDS

No, sorry mate, never heard of him but his stats do look good.

kusziak (sp) is fantastic though, better than VDS in many peoples opinions.

If you want someone cheap, Costil or the young brazialian GK Carlos are good buys.

Originally posted by wayne787:

is it odd that i have danny welbeck as my fav player?

He was on learning from all my best players since he is at start and STOLE all their moves.

Then i played him consistently.... he was at above 7 for all four seasons i played with MAN UTD. The latest season, he scored like 27 goals in all competition with 7 MOM.

Anyone with similar experience? I am trying to understand how to groom young people. His players stat is quite shitty though... i can't seems to make his stat look great.

Wellbeck looks decent. If you're getting your young players to go on various mentor schemes as you state, then you're going about it right. Try then stepping them up gradually, U18s, Antwerp, Reserves, First Team, maybe skipping the Reserves step. Also, only loan them out to teams that will play them as first team regulars, they are better off training with you and not playing, than training elsewhere and not playing!

When all's said they wont all make it, but if you adaopt a strtegy of trying to sign 8-10 of the best under 18s each season, you'll spend about £3million, get one top player and end up selling the rest for more than £3million in total.

Why the hell did Carlos Queiroz leave?.. Has this happened to anyone else?

Somehow Carlos will request more wages than the budget allows. And there's no way we can adjust staff budget unfortunately.

Meulensteen dones a great job for me, his stats are better than Carlos anyway. Just have to get a new defensive coach in to replace Carlos.

My first post in a 'very' long time.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone as managed to replicate the way Manchester Utd play, especially this season with Tevez etc. I've only played the friendlies and 3 league games so its difficult to see if my ideas are working yet. Hopefully some of you can give me some pointers which I could implement.

Been unable to get another striker, so going with the starting squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

oh christ not all this again..

Piqué can play DM and has done very well for my old Arsenal team when needed.. i dislike Banega as a DM as he is far too creative, i have had Samba many times before and his pace has never been an issue with me plus i dislike Rio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i second barnetboyz he speaks much more sence than most of you :picon_biggrin.gif

PART III:

My last post ended at jan 31st in the second season.

Lost the premier league by 9 pts to chelsea. Nothing went well in the end with all the injuries. Lost the FA cup in the 5th round to the scousers. Board was completely ****ed off.

However i won the CL beating bayern in the finals with paul scholes scoring the only goal of the game in the second half of extra time.

so by the end of two seasons i have won,

1 PL

1 CL

2 League cups

2 Community shield

No FA cup till now. I have got a warning from the board regarding the poor performance in the FA and that it wont be tolerated in the future.

At one point of time i feared i wont be offered a contract. Luckily (or rather deservedly) i got a 2 yr contract extension.

I started my third season yesterday. Had a transfer budget of 100M USD. After i adjusted the budget i could bring it up to 146M USD.

I set out clear goals this season around. Win everything in sight and make the team the best in the world. I also wanted to build a rock solid defence.

TRANSFERS:

----------

sold

Nani to everton $10M

carrick to tottenham for $16M

bought

Quaresma $50M

sergio aguero $63M

veloso $30M

Eduardo Ratinho $14M

Artur Boruc Free

Promoted Adrien to the first team.Looks like the new fabregas. Now foster will be my first choice GK.

Wanted to sell Ferdinand/vidic and get another DC. But couldnt manage that.

Saivet is developing into a great prospect so are alex and lulinha. All of them are on loan.

Iam into 4 games in my 3rd season. won them all.

won the supercup against sevilla in the penalties. One funny thing about that win is that, of the first five penaltis of both the sides only one goal was scored. Eventually I won with rooney's penalty.

Hopefully will finish the 3rd season this weekend and update you guys on Monday.

Just started a united game, thought it was about time and it was out of them and col u icon_smile.gif.

i've only made 1 first team signing and thats samba for 1 Mio. other than that i've signed all the "regular suspects" for my under 18's team tuia, torje, ect.

Any other players i should buy ? areas that need strengthening?

Archived