FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

In my 5th season now, sitting joint top with Arsenal both played 14 won 12 drawn 1 lost 1. I'm ahead on goal difference. Need to beat Juventus to ensure qualification from the CL after losing in Italy and drawing away to Sporting Lisbon.

My current team

GK - Akinfeev - £13.5m

LB - Evra

RB - Richards - £40m

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Pique

CM - Hargreaves

CM - Javi Martinez - £37.5m

AML - Messi - £43.5m (min fee release clause)

AMR - Ronaldo

AMC - Aguero - £27.5m (min fee release clause)

CF - Rooney

Rest of 1st team squad

Amos

Evans

O'Shea

Alonso (regen??? Wonderkid)

Miguel Veloso

Thiago

Anderson

Sergio Mota

Trecarichi

Sortin Ninis

Guillherme

Marcio (regen AMC)

Marcio (CF)

I'm looking to restore my domination last year all i won was the FA cup, finished 2nd behind Arsenal in the league and lost to Ajax in the CL Semi Finals.

Also at the end of the season looking to bring in either Zapater or Camacho and going to sell Veloso i know people rate him but he just doesn't perform for me even when he gets a good run in the team.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Lads doing me proud after the charity shield crapness

icon_cool.gif

12072007135117pb5.th.jpg

Ronaldo also getting 3 assists \o/

How do you get footall manager to play in a window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i juse go to the preferences and untick full screen mode

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Lads doing me proud after the charity shield crapness

icon_cool.gif

12072007135117pb5.th.jpg

Ronaldo also getting 3 assists \o/

How do you get footall manager to play in a window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i juse go to the preferences and untick full screen mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It dont wanna work for me, its saying that my system dosen't support it, then it reverts back to fullscreen. icon_confused.gif

End of Transfer Window Update

Squad

12072007173806qq7.th.jpg

Transfers In (christ theres a few icon_biggrin.gif)

Thiago - £0

Georginio Wijnaldum - £0

John Bostock - £0

Alessandro Tuia - £0

Henri Saivet - £0

Mamadou Sakho - £0

Darren Randolph - P/Ex

Lloyd Sam - P/Ex

Adrien - £240k

Christopher Samba - £1.1M

Nacer Barazite - £190k

Rhys Murphy - £0

John Fleck - £0

Mathieu Gorgelin - £0

Preston Edwards - £85k

Jonathan Franks - £2M

Danut Coman - £1.8M

Mauro Zarate - £3M

Kerlon - £2.6M

Ever Banega - £2.6M

Andrea Barzagli - £5.25M

Transfers Out

Dong Fangzhuo - £900k P/Ex

Michael Carrick - £9.75M

Mikael Silveste - £1.8M

John O'Shea - £5.25M

Loans In/Out

Marco Cassetti - Roma (Cover)

Javier Chevanton - Sevilla (Cover)

Ignacio Camacho - Ath Madrid (Youth/Potential Signing)

Hewson, Sam, Campbell, Adrien, Randolph, Sakho, Martin, Lee, Evans, Banega - Gretna (Feeder Club / First Team Football)

Eagles - Southampton (First Team Football)

Results So Far

Vs Newcastle Won 6-0 - Ronaldo (2), Fletcher, Rooney & Tevez (2)

Vs Portsmouth Won 3-2 - Nani, Rooney & Tevez

Vs Reading Won 3-0 - Ronaldo (2) & Rooney

Vs Tottenham Won 3-1 - Ronaldo & Tevez (2)

Staff In

Patrick Paillot - Lyon

Claudio Gaudino - Inter

Fulvio Fiorin - AC Milan

Gianni Nanni - Bologna

Bojan Krkic - Barcelona

Ricardo Moniz - Spurs

Ayres Albuquerque - Sport Recife

Staff Out

Armer, Hough, Gill, Lee, Bushell, Langley, Solskjaer, Malvey

CL Group

Man Utd

Sevilla

Marseille

Red Star

could be a bit of trouble there away in france & spain

looking to replace Carlos as assistant next season and lookign for a good cup run with the youth icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tansiwei:

Hmm. You almost can't get those players in at those prices can you?

I never manage to get Saivet, Sakho and Fleck in for free! Hmm. Your prices do look quite low. Editor?

nope.. when i went to bid for them they are worth £0 so i bid £0 in which they normally reply £0 with some kind of sell on fee

i never ever pay compensation

Originally posted by tansiwei:

Woo.. Barnetboyz..

BTW. Does Kerlon turn out to be any good? He used to be godlike in previous editions.

i think he can be good but injuries are a problem iirc

had him at arsenal where he should a good few goals.. plus he was cheap (minimum fee release) and i needed strikers

Originally posted by Trigger_18uk:

Is this something I should get used too? Took two late goals to win this one. I just know I'm going to get another one where by I'll lose or draw and it frustrate the living hell out of me...

Wow that's alot of shots at goal, what formation were you using?

Won everything except Community Shield in first season.

First season signings:

Saivet,

Sakho,

Akinfeev,

Veloso,

Kroos,

Barzagli,

Joshua King (didn't want him)

Amauri

Total: 47 million

Transfer outs:

Lots of reserves (Dong, Heaton etc)

Silvestre,

Saha,

Fletcher

Kuszczak

Vidic

Tevez

And some loans out

Total: 85 million

In the second season, I was rich and signed Daniel Alves for 10 million, Maxim Rodriguez on free and Baxter and Fabio and Rafael.

I sold out Fagan and sent players on loan.

My current staff have got 7 star coaching for everything except set pieces(6) and my physios are good and scouts all have judging PA of at least 19

VDS, Neville, Giggs and Scholes will start off 2nd season as backups

Will update soon

I'v just had an offer of 30m for Vidic, from Barcelona, and im tempted to accept it.

I was just hoping for some opinions icon_wink.gif

Im currently in January of the first season, defense has been very solid so far. Iv got 7m of my transfer budget left and would have Pique, Evans, Brown and the new arrival Breno as replacements.

Ok sorry but this post is similar to before, just that I made it better! icon_smile.gif

In the first season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason1vr8.jpg

I got Daniel Alves when he requested transfer and after I failed to get Micah Richards sign a cheap contract ... Rodriguez arrived on free.

I will release Giggs, Neville, Scholes and VDS after the second season. Neville is worse than Brown and O'Shea now and is my 4th choice right back. Giggs is okay ATM, but his stats are dropping. Scholes loses his AM place to Anderson and Maxim Rodriguez, and can't fit into my DM position. I play 4 defenders, 2 DMs, 1 AML, 1 AMC, 1 AMR, 1 ST.

I got a new contract of 60k per week for two years, and stadium will be expanded by 16000 seats.

I got a cool regen at the end of 1st season, someone who can become as good as Igor Akinfeev (my best GK) in the future, and he's English!

I am now a world-class manager and stars like Ronaldo, Rooney all have me as favoured personnel. Will keep you guys informed icon_cool.gif

I mainly sold Vidic and got Barzagli so I can get a new captain to replace Neville who gets worse and worse towards the end of the season.

In January I sold Tevez and got in Amauri so as to reduce wages as I play a one-striker formation. I reduced Brown's wages by a lot icon_razz.gif

I won everything except the Community Shield, whereby Rooney and Ronaldo made a large impact.

In the second season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason2cm6.jpg

Ok sorry but this post is similar to before, just that I made it better! icon_smile.gif

In the first season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason1vr8.jpg

I got Daniel Alves when he requested transfer and after I failed to get Micah Richards sign a cheap contract ... Rodriguez arrived on free.

I will release Giggs, Neville, Scholes and VDS after the second season. Neville is worse than Brown and O'Shea now and is my 4th choice right back. Giggs is okay ATM, but his stats are dropping. Scholes loses his AM place to Anderson and Maxim Rodriguez, and can't fit into my DM position. I play 4 defenders, 2 DMs, 1 AML, 1 AMC, 1 AMR, 1 ST.

I mainly sold Vidic and got Barzagli so I can get a new captain to replace Neville who gets worse and worse towards the end of the season.

In January I sold Tevez and got in Amauri so as to reduce wages as I play a one-striker formation. I reduced Brown's wages by a lot icon_razz.gif

I won everything except the Community Shield, whereby Rooney and Ronaldo made a large impact.

In the second season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason2cm6.jpg

I got a new contract of 60k per week for two years, and stadium will be expanded by 16000 seats.

I got a cool regen at the end of 1st season, someone who can become as good as Igor Akinfeev (my best GK) in the future, and he's English!

I am now a world-class manager and stars like Ronaldo, Rooney all have me as favoured personnel. Will keep you guys informed icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by nch:

In the first season,

Transfers

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutransseason1vr8.jpg

In the second season,

Transfers

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutransseason2cm6.jpg

Third time lucky eh?

Took a break from the game and built a new PC during that time. Unfortunately that meant no FM for even longer as was giving the new system a workout on Crysis. Found out the rig is too good for Crysis to make a dent in it, much to the annoyance of my mates.

Anyways, now got back to FM08 and must say it makes me glad I upgraded. Quad core makes short work of the processing and getting through the game at a great rate.

As such I am just finished getting through the christmas period and into the January transfer window. Getting used to the latest patch has been awkward and the forwards are not doing as well as I could previous do (forgetting to backup previous tactics not help) however the rest of the team, especially the defence are making up for that in keeping the door shut more often then not.

The transfers in the summer window were made for future players and the "smaller" competition squad. With the exceptions being Zarate and Benega whom form part of my Champion league side. I did not unload any big names however have removed a number of younger players whom I don’t think will be quite up to scratch. The summer transfer action is shown below, however I am going to need to try shift a couple higher profile players in the January window so I can balance my accounts.

My biggest annoyance was not securing the signing of Marcelo, he was not interesting in coming to united as a key player on max wages so instead he went to Inter for just 5.5k a week. Ah well next time maybe.

Transfers in ( £ ):

Eros Corradini – 22k

Edu Valle 20k

Henri Saviet – 450k

Simone Esposito – 400k

John Fleck – 375k

Vincent Acapandie – 400k

Ever Banega – 3.7m

Mauro Zarate – 3m

Christian Pasquato – 500k

Diego Buonanotte – 350k

Transfers Out ( £ - note all have 50% future transfer)

Tom Cleverley – 75k

Tom Heaton – 75k

David Gray – 100k

Keiran Lee – 750k

Christopher Fagan – 100k

Richard Eckersley – 100k

Lee Martin – Loan

Fraizer Campbell - Loan

So, my current squad are shown in the following screenshots as per the competition they play.

Hopefully I get my way in the January changes though and Fletcher and Saha will be sold, though unsure who will take their positions, especially Saha whom is actually scoring goals, but in the bigger picture he is not all that important. But I don’t want to make a purchase unless I make a decent profit on the outgoing people.

Anyways, the teams are displayed in a manner so that you can see the competition stats. Only recently settled on these lineups fully though and thankfully injuries have not hampered me to much at this point.

League Lineup

Champions League Lineup Champions League Lineup

Cup Lineup

So success so far? Well, the league is going well but expected as much due to fielding a very strong side for it. Table shown below will display how well we doing, but Arsenal have been in touch with us up till mid November when since I beat them they dropped points by picking up draws. The most interesting aspect of the league has been Liverpool. Saying they are underachieving would be an understatement. No doubt they will pick up in the new year but ever hopeful it goes from bad to worse and they will not be an issue in future.

League Table

In all the cups still, my primary youth side have had some results, including beating a Liverpool’s first team. Hopefully they will do the business, I am going to let them take it all the way for a change instead of bringing the strong team to play in semi’s/finals.

Coming towards the end of January in the first season. Doing ok, 2nd in the Prem, through to the League Cup Final and through to the Champions League knockout stage.

Transfer wise though not having as much success as you. Signed Veloso and a handful of prospects but haven't managed to sell anyone. I get awful offers for my players that never exceed their listed values. My financial status is poor given that the club is paying off two loans.

Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Here's the situation -

Around 3 members of my squad dislike Tevez.

To be fair he has been nothing special but performed alright.

I have too many strikers (including Pandev, Rooney and Saivet)

Shall i sell Tevez, what are your views?

Sell and get Aguero.

Ive just started my second season and im currently top of the league with 4 wins out of 4.

In my first season i done the treble which included the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.. and just won the Super Cup.

My team is:

Ochoa/VDS

Brown/Neville

Evra/Guilherme

Ferdinand/Cathcart

Garay/Pique

Banega/Hargreaves

Ronaldo/Nani

Aguero/Van Der Vaart

Giggs/Anderson/Torje

Rooney/Tevez

Huntelaar/Zeefuik/Saivet

Going to strengthen the right back area come January even thought Brown is playing brillant for me, also could do with another versatile midfielder!!

Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Here's the situation -

Around 3 members of my squad dislike Tevez.

To be fair he has been nothing special but performed alright.

I have too many strikers (including Pandev, Rooney and Saivet)

Shall i sell Tevez, what are your views?

Sell him and bring through a youth player. Campbell, Brandy, Welbeck. Take your pick.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

I felt I just had to show all of you this... icon_biggrin.gif

Not good enough icon_razz.gif 27 shots and only 4 goals? I'm disappointed...though you did have Ronaldo up front...too many injuries? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, was just an experiment game trying to create a good tac so i didnt buy anyone and had tevez and saha out so had to play ronaldo there. The next week Ronaldo broke his leg which left me with nani upfront icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

Any one had any success with keeping queiroz

I kept CQ and actualy paid him £500 less, i.e £24500. (part of my money saving measures). I paid a small sign on fee as well-I try to keep it below £100k for everyone. CQ is tied up till 2012.

Try sackin the firness coach, Strudwick. His stats r crap! ATM the board won't let me as we will have to fork out too much for compensation.

Regarding players on free transfer:

Mascherano becomes a free agent at the end of season 1.(atleast on my game) I sent Banega on load and kept Mascherano.

Somebody asked about Kusczak, I sold him for around £10m to Villa. Everytime they put in a bid, I rejected it saying that it wasn't value for money. Then I would put up his price by a million and offer him to clubs.

Also, the majority of the £10m is to b paid over 24mths.

Just made the signing of the season for my squad. Fan of Rossi and think he should never have been sold, but anyways I managed to unsettle him and been working on his signing since the January Transfer window. Just approaching the end of the season and he was more then a little annoyed with with Villarreal, and is now finally going to be joining me for next season icon_cool.gif

Now I have to decide which of my fowards I am going to offload as I got more then enough. Most been performing very well at some point in the season so it will be a tough decision. Guess when the summer comes in I will make that decision.

Archived