FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adiee:

When i previously downloaded a file similar to this one, a load of files appeared in a winzip folder??

I got fed up as I didn't know what to do.

Which file do i put in the graphics folder, and is it save game compatible?

most files downloaded for FM are normally winrar or winzip so its not that uncommon

and yes they save game compatible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which facepacks have you downloaded ?, i can only find that polaroid and aeroglass for whole premier league, and both of them sucks imo icon_frown.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kugle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adiee:

When i previously downloaded a file similar to this one, a load of files appeared in a winzip folder??

I got fed up as I didn't know what to do.

Which file do i put in the graphics folder, and is it save game compatible?

most files downloaded for FM are normally winrar or winzip so its not that uncommon

and yes they save game compatible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which facepacks have you downloaded ?, i can only find that polaroid and aeroglass for whole premier league, and both of them sucks imo icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man Utd Cut-Outs Pack

Originally posted by Adiee:

Cheers.

Sorry to be a nuisance mate.

no problems.. i'm here tp help icon_smile.gif

oh shat shat shat

Jesús Navas has just signed a new contract at Sevilla and only has a 14M minimum fee release clause and i'm so tempted to get him.. anyone had any experiences with him?

A Screenie

12132007160855hu3.th.jpg

the thought of him and Ronaldo on teh wings next season is just immense

Originally posted by NozEE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

How much was Owen?

9 mio I think. Great buy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Does he still have that as a min. fee clause then?

I've gone for Adriano on loan anyway. Might get Owen, but there doesn't seem much point in having two very injury prone strikers to rotate with each other.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NozEE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

How much was Owen?

9 mio I think. Great buy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Does he still have that as a min. fee clause then?

I've gone for Adriano on loan anyway. Might get Owen, but there doesn't seem much point in having two very injury prone strikers to rotate with each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't really have a 9 mio release clause at any point. It was just the selling price that Newcastle set, but I don't know if it's still that way after the patch, though icon_confused.gif

Adriano icon13.gif Owen is a goal machine and cheap too. Problem is, now that he's come, Rooney isn't the main striker so scores less goals. They've both stop scoring now though because of the patch. The tactics seem even harder in this patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Can anyone recommend a winger to replace giggs in the future icon_smile.gif? Im thinking of queresma and Rosina atm. I've already bought Giovinco, but his crossing/pace is grab, i've noticed :/.

How about Robinho? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aint he more of a fast striker, + his crossing is **** icon_wink.gif Long time no see btw.

Originally posted by Kugle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Can anyone recommend a winger to replace giggs in the future icon_smile.gif? Im thinking of queresma and Rosina atm. I've already bought Giovinco, but his crossing/pace is grab, i've noticed :/.

Aint he more of a fast striker, + his crossing is **** icon_wink.gif Long time no see btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Crossing 13 aint crap, but doing a search at the start of the game with criteria:

- No older than 25;

- Pace or accel. at least 15;

- Crossing at least 14;

- Dribbling at least 17;

- Technique and first touch both at least 16;

And I got: Messi, Robben, Silva, Fernandez, Quaresma, Maxwell, Cassano, Ribery.

I'd go for Messi or Fernandez. Messi should be the best, but Fernandez looks awesome - I'm now after him as he can play in the centre as well as on the wing and also looks like he should be an effing great ST (I nearly got him in 07 because of that).

And it's good to be back. So far.....

Aint he more of a fast striker, + his crossing is **** icon_wink.gif Long time no see btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Crossing 13 aint crap, but doing a search at the start of the game with criteria:

- No older than 25;

- Pace or accel. at least 15;

- Crossing at least 14;

- Dribbling at least 17;

- Technique and first touch both at least 16;

And I got: Messi, Robben, Silva, Fernandez, Quaresma, Maxwell, Cassano, Ribery.

I'd go for Messi or Fernandez. Messi should be the best, but Fernandez looks awesome - I'm now after him as he can play in the centre as well as on the wing and also looks like he should be an effing great ST (I nearly got him in 07 because of that).

And it's good to be back. So far..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naah not crap, but not really good either. Take a look at quaresma for example, he got 19 :O. True i will go for messi/silva in a few years when my transfer budget begins to rise. As for Fernandez he's pretty good as AMC, but i have VDV (best amc in game imo), anderson, scholes icon_wink.gif

Man is Zeefuik amazing. He's currently beating Rooney for a spot in the starting lineup as he's scored 8 goals in 2(7) performances.

Also Max Noble has been duing great and is currently third in my picking order for one of the two MC spots behind Kroos and Adrien but ahead of Hargreaves and Carrick.

Preston Edwards has beaten Ben Foster for the GK spot with some great performances.

John Fleck has established him self as a first team starter ahead of Nani and Sakho is fighting bravely for a place in the starting lineup at the expense of Evra.

Also Ferdinand is only 4th choice CB behind Evans, Cathcart and Pique with Krystian Pearce developing nicely at the moment and Tuia starting to look great.

It's definately the year of the youth icon_cool.gif

gah. Ronaldo out injured for 5months with broken leg. So dissapointed in that. Got plenty of young blood to fill in but playing without Ronaldo and Rooney in team is just so not right.... even though Rooney on yet another goal drought!

Piqué is starting to be a bit of a twat bag in his contract needs, he wants 39k a week and a first team status which tbh i don't wanna give him.. whats a decent price to get rid of him?

Don't sell Pique. He's IMMENSE. What year are you playing? Hes reasonable in his contract demands. I guess he don't like you.

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Piqué is starting to be a bit of a twat bag in his contract needs, he wants 39k a week and a first team status which tbh i don't wanna give him.. whats a decent price to get rid of him?

Don't sell Pique. He's IMMENSE. What year are you playing? Hes reasonable in his contract demands. I guess he don't like you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st season.. after putting him onto the transfer list he has since lowered his demands by 15k and now only wants 24k a week which i will give him before i sell him

End of Season Review 2007/08

Squad

12142007014912rd7.th.jpg

Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney & Evra so fb beyond words icon_cool.gif

Season Team Competitions

Champions League Final

12142007015115vc0.th.jpg

FA Cup

12142007015225vf0.th.jpg

Carling Cup

12142007015253ih1.th.jpg

Saha, Vidic, Foster/VDS/PIG, Park Ji-Sung, Eagles, Hargreaves and Anderson will be up for sale as they aren't needed imo

Adrien, Banega, Simpson, Murphy, Evans, Campbell will be promoted to the first team as back up as they all look quite good atm \o/

lookign to get rid of Gretna as a feeder club as they were relegated icon_biggrin.gif

Bojan still won't join icon_mad.gif also looking to get a national job as the euros are about to go on \o/ anyone have any idea where my team can improve/ anyone want any screenies?

roll on next seaosn

Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Has anyone had any luck selling Tevez. He doesn't play well for me and always causes disruption in my team, i even have Bojan coming which is another player who will be played over him.

Problem is i have great difficulty shifting him anyone had any luck?

I sold him for 23.5 mio at the end of 3rd season to Chelsea.

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

Has anyone tried playing FM with the current team. i.e. not buying or selling any one during the first season?

Well, I did buy some players the first season, but it was only youngsters, so I played the first season with the current Man Utd squad icon_smile.gif

just agreed to sell Nani for £20M & 10M after 1 portugal apperence.. good deal?

Actually I think it's a good deal. He never really shone for me. The first couple of season, Giggs was better and now Fleck is my starting left wing. I've still got him, Nani that is, but he isn't my best bet on the wing.

On the gameplay side, things are going well. Having managed to bag the Community Shield and Super Cup way back in August (I'm now in the middle of January - 2nd season), I've recently won the World Club Championship. played, and battered New Jersey 8-0, then went on to beat a Japanese team which I can't spell, and it's one of my feeder clubs, 3-1 in the final.

Micah Richards and Michael Johnson both wanted to be transfer listed and both were unhappy at my bids being rejected for them. As soon as January 1st came around, no less than 15 clubs were interested in both of them so, unless I wanted part of the future of English to be taken away, I had to get them. Luckily for me, they both accepted my contract offers and they will be unveiled on the 1st July 2009. Great, great signings in my eyes.

Ferdinand's contract is up at the end of this season and I am still undecided on what to do. I have the best defensive record in the league and his experience is second to none BUT, there is a but - my Assistant Pako Aysteran(sp) tells me in the past few months he's declined as a footballer, is that the sign to get rid? Should i sell now in order to get a little bit of money for him?

With Michael Johnson arriving in the summer, Michael Carrick will leave the club. Ever Banega will be back in action from a broken leg come the end of the season and i will also have Kaka, who has improved as the season's gone on for me.

I have David coming back from his loan spell from Antwerp, as too Alex, so there's another defender and attacking midfielder added to my squad. Pjanic, Zeefuik and Wijnaldun are all potentially quality players, and they must be given a chance, so I am considering on sending Wijnaldun and Pjanic out on loan to a premiership club (Chelsea have just enquired how much I'd sell Wijnaldun for!). I also have Lulinha staking a claim regarding a place in my squad.

So, 2nd place in the leage with 2 games in hand. Currently 10 points behind Arsenal. Approaching League Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg against Spurs, winning 3-0 from 1st Leg (Bojan hat-trick), 4th round of FA Cup. Entering the final part of the season with confidence. I will retain the title and champions league!

Originally posted by Adiee:

On the gameplay side, things are going well. Having managed to bag the Community Shield and Super Cup way back in August (I'm now in the middle of January - 2nd season), I've recently won the World Club Championship. played, and battered New Jersey 8-0, then went on to beat a Japanese team which I can't spell, and it's one of my feeder clubs, 3-1 in the final.

Micah Richards and Michael Johnson both wanted to be transfer listed and both were unhappy at my bids being rejected for them. As soon as January 1st came around, no less than 15 clubs were interested in both of them so, unless I wanted part of the future of English to be taken away, I had to get them. Luckily for me, they both accepted my contract offers and they will be unveiled on the 1st July 2009. Great, great signings in my eyes.

Ferdinand's contract is up at the end of this season and I am still undecided on what to do. I have the best defensive record in the league and his experience is second to none BUT, there is a but - my Assistant Pako Aysteran(sp) tells me in the past few months he's declined as a footballer, is that the sign to get rid? Should i sell now in order to get a little bit of money for him?

With Michael Johnson arriving in the summer, Michael Carrick will leave the club. Ever Banega will be back in action from a broken leg come the end of the season and i will also have Kaka, who has improved as the season's gone on for me.

I have David coming back from his loan spell from Antwerp, as too Alex, so there's another defender and attacking midfielder added to my squad. Pjanic, Zeefuik and Wijnaldun are all potentially quality players, and they must be given a chance, so I am considering on sending Wijnaldun and Pjanic out on loan to a premiership club (Chelsea have just enquired how much I'd sell Wijnaldun for!). I also have Lulinha staking a claim regarding a place in my squad.

So, 2nd place in the leage with 2 games in hand. Currently 10 points behind Arsenal. Approaching League Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg against Spurs, winning 3-0 from 1st Leg (Bojan hat-trick), 4th round of FA Cup. Entering the final part of the season with confidence. I will retain the title and champions league!

I wouldn't sell Ferdinand. I'm in my fourth season and he's still brilliant. Even though his pace and acceleration might start to drop (I don't believe that they will in your second season - or third for that matter) he's one of the best defenders in the game in my opinion. Even though he's slower than at the start of the game his other attributes will make up for that.

Anyway, who are your other defenders?

Trust me, Wijnaldum and, especially, Zeefuik becomes amazing if trained well. Don't consider selling either for the moment - wait and see how they turn out as their PA's might differ from game to game. Good idea sending them on a loan spell.

And yes, Lulinha is a player you can't overlook - he's simply amazing and will definately be in your starting lineup within not long.

Nice to see you buying english players - one question though: how did your fans react seeing as you bought two players from your greatest rival?

Originally posted by NozEE:

I wouldn't sell Ferdinand. I'm in my fourth season and he's still brilliant. Even though his pace and acceleration might start to drop (I don't believe that they will in your second season - or third for that matter) he's one of the best defenders in the game in my opinion. Even though he's slower than at the start of the game his other attributes will make up for that.

Trust me, Wijnaldum and, especially, Zeefuik becomes amazing if trained well. Don't consider selling either for the moment - wait and see how they turn out as their PA's might differ from game to game. Good idea sending them on a loan spell.

And yes, Lulinha is a player you can't overlook - he's simply amazing and will definately be in your starting lineup within not long.

Nice to see you buying english players - one question though: how did your fans react seeing as you bought two players from your greatest rival? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly Lulinha is poor on my game. At the start my scouts say he has potential to be a good player, then next season they say he cannot get a work permit. He was even sent to a noober team by Corinthians to train?!

Opted for Kroos instead icon14.gif

Ferdinand dropping stats in second season? Never happened to me icon_confused.gif

He only improved in flair lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NozEE:

How much was Owen?

I've gone for Adriano on loan anyway. Might get Owen, but there doesn't seem much point in having two very injury prone strikers to rotate with each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I brought owen at the start of the game. In fourth season now and he had two completely injury free seasons and was only injured slightly in season one (obviously at the start and then slightly over xmas period).

Wow, that's weird about Lulinha. Here he is in my game in the fourth season - note that he was injuried at the start of the season hence his many appearances as a sub:

lulinha2vu2.jpg

Anyway, Kroos is just as good so a good buy too.

Also take a look at his value - I bought him for 450k icon_biggrin.gif

kroos2zd4.jpg

Nice to see you buying english players - one question though: how did your fans react seeing as you bought two players from your greatest rival?

I am very tempted in giving him a 3 year extension to be honest. He has been fantastic for me since i became manager.

My other defenders are: Brown, Breno, Pigue, Bale, Vidic, Evra, and Dani Alves. Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson and Craig Cathcart are available for loan and are in my reserves. I have got the young Brazilian, David returning from Antwerp in the summer, add Richards to the pool of defenders, I need to sell a couple at least!

Wijnaldun did really well for me when half of my first team were away at the bleeding Olympics at the start of the season. Played very well on the right hand side. I recently drew 2-2 with Villa at home. I was 2-0 down so i decided to bring on Zeefuik and he scored 2 in the last 10 mins to rescue a draw! Looks a great prospect.

I've had reports saying that fans are yet to see why i signed Breno and Banega? They're labelled as wonderkids and have done well (especially Breno) when they've come in.

Because Richards and Johnson don't arrive until the summer, there has been no media news on the fans' views etc etc. They're both quality players so the fans should have no reason to moan.

I can't believe Lulinha isn't good too! I just downloaded MiniScout and discovered he was better than Kroos in PA!!!

Scouts blunder? And what's more no one found him good?! On loan to a team called Caxais and no one interested. Second season I'm in. Weird

I've started by playing a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1, so although I'm only using one striker, the FC and AMC positions will mainly be Tevez and Rooney with them swapping positions. I plan to play Saha, but feel I need someone else who's more reliable than the likes of Fangzhou and Campbell.

How much was Owen?

Owen was £9m.

Pique is a must keep offer him that contract, i took a risk and gave him captincy in the second season and he was banging out 8/9's. I played him, Vidic And Corluka as my back 3, In a 3-4-1-2 and its working. As for Lulinha, He went too HSV for 9.5m Second Season , but i see it as a loan because as soon as he starts getting good im gonna swoop in and snatch him.

Torje was the only sort of "youngster" too break into my first team, i promoted numberous other players but Torje made that impact and keep on going. Later i'll post a screenshot of my team in Jan 08/09 and i'de like some feed back on who too buy thanks icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by karllucas1991:

Sorry for Double post, I have TERRIBLE luck with regens but i think i just found "My Regen" :p i <3 it.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=regensf5.jpg

Does he look like he has potential or is it just me? icon_razz.gif

he looks like he could be a good player.. make sure you sign him quick icon_wink.gif

Pique has again raised his contract demends again F F S icon_mad.gif he can kindly go **** himself

Pique > All your other defenders :p. na i'de offer him Anything up too £60,000 but thats as high at it would go... any higher and "he can kindly go **** himself" icon_biggrin.gif

tbf he is asking for 41k a week and a first team place which atm he doesn't deserve or warrant because he is never gonna dislodge Samba/Barzagli partnership (unless one of those gets injured ofc) but even then Evans will be put in his place icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea sniffing around Tevez now and i just noticed he has a minimum fee release of only 35M icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karllucas1991:

Pique > All your other defenders :p. na i'de offer him Anything up too £60,000 but thats as high at it would go... any higher and "he can kindly go **** himself" icon_biggrin.gif

tbf he is asking for 41k a week and a first team place which atm he doesn't deserve or warrant because he is never gonna dislodge Samba/Barzagli partnership (unless one of those gets injured ofc) but even then Evans will be put in his place icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea sniffing around Tevez now and i just noticed he has a minimum fee release of only 35M icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evans is Awful on my game, if teves is that important offer him a new contract - Minimun Fee release, Samba hasn't done much for me either =/

thankfully Barca have come to the resscue and have bid £17.5M for Pique \o/.. Vidic will also go to Real Madrid for £17M as thats seems all they can bid icon_mad.gif

Atletico Madrid want Hargreaves but will only bid £13M

the Tevez matter won't be a problem as concerning transfers the AI aren't that smart so i don't expect Chelsea to bid the £35M unless i asked them to \o/

have a few players coming on frees which will add depth & experience with a few players going.. but hopefully the clubs financial 'trouble' will be over for a while

who are people using/buying as a right back? or maybe your using Simpson?

as much as i'm fond of Neville he seems to be declining quite badly and in my game Simpson isn't progressing as much as i'd hoped.. Rafinha is at AC Milan icon_frown.gif and Richards would be far too much

any ideas?

as much as i'm fond of Neville he seems to be declining quite badly and in my game Simpson isn't progressing as much as i'd hoped.. Rafinha is at AC Milan icon_frown.gif and Richards would be far too much

any ideas?

Wes brown, Samba , O'shea , Simpson its all good :p

any ideas?

Wes brown, Samba , O'shea , Simpson its all good :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brown couldn't hack it at RB for me so i really would liek a out and out RB, Samba is my CB god, O'Shea currently at Pompey, Simpson back up

barnetboyz - I've just agreed to sign Richards, along with Johnson from City. Richards cost £16m and Johnson cost £11.5m.

Both will join on 1st july 2009!

that much?

christ getting a RB won't be cheap me thinks icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found a good young right back last night. If you got Dani Alves, and click on his favourite club, he should be there. He seems similar to Alves and is only 18.

Archived