FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Adiee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adiee:

barnetboyz - I've just agreed to sign Richards, along with Johnson from City. Richards cost £16m and Johnson cost £11.5m.

Both will join on 1st july 2009!

that much?

christ getting a RB won't be cheap me thinks icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found a good young right back last night. If you got Dani Alves, and click on his favourite club, he should be there. He seems similar to Alves and is only 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers will have a look

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

who are people using/buying as a right back? or maybe your using Simpson?

as much as i'm fond of Neville he seems to be declining quite badly and in my game Simpson isn't progressing as much as i'd hoped.. Rafinha is at AC Milan icon_frown.gif and Richards would be far too much

any ideas?

I started my fourth season by using Simpson who's great going forward, but recently Neville has been claiming his stack for a first team spot and he's been great.

Although he's 35 years old, he's still great and still has 14 pace/acceleration. That said, it's noticeable that he's getting older, but he definately should be able to still cut it in your game.

If your looking to buy someone, however, I'd recommend Sergio Ramos or Miguel Torres who, in my opinion, are two of the best backs in the game.

just agreed to sell Nani for £20M & 10M after 1 portugal apperence.. good deal?

Amazing deal. Nani isn't consistent enough and isn't good enough physically. And Pique doesn't look that great to me. His tackling and his physical stats not being so good annoys me. Anyobdy who wants a RB could also do much worse than go for De Silvestri. Solid, young Italian defender.

pfft having to open the new season with games vs the top 3 in my first 5 games ffs icon_frown.gif

been given a nice 57M to spend and have a nice 16 year old regan target man type striker who could be good \o/

now to get that right back icon_mad.gif

Barnet mate how do you find your regens? Because i have immense trouble finding good ones icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by karllucas1991:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

pfft having to open the new season with games vs the top 3 in my first 5 games ffs icon_frown.gif

been given a nice 57M to spend and have a nice 16 year old regan target man type striker who could be good \o/

now to get that right back icon_mad.gif

Barnet mate how do you find your regens? Because i have immense trouble finding good ones icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the regen came through my youth setup.. i have yet to send my new scouts out for searching

Number 7 : Its Black-In 2

Originally posted by Hitchy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

I've started by playing a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1, so although I'm only using one striker, the FC and AMC positions will mainly be Tevez and Rooney with them swapping positions. I plan to play Saha, but feel I need someone else who's more reliable than the likes of Fangzhou and Campbell.

How much was Owen?

Owen was £9m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, tried £9m and then £12, but both were rejected. Doesn't matter too much I guess - Adriano, Rooney and Tevez will suffice with Saha getting a few games.

As for the right back debate: If Danny Simmo isn't good enough, then 3 options:

1. Like real life speculation, perhaps Alan Hutton at Rangers - looks quite good, is young and British.

2. Richards. Young and English, although positioning and decisions aren't great.

3. Stats-wise, surely the best right back in the game - Dani Alves. I imagine Chelsea usually go for him, but he looks amazing now that he's got excellent defensive stats as well as attacking stats.

anyone signed Jose Baxter before?

i managed to agree to sign him for the 2nd season (which i've just got into) and i must admit i was shocked to find him so good icon_biggrin.gif

Jose Baxter

12142007221416kx4.th.jpg

in his profile he is now touted as the next Rooney icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, he's great.

He was touted as the next Rooney on my game too, and now he's a wonderkid:

baxter2od5.jpg

Only my 3rd choice striker though, behind Rooney and Zeefuik.

Squad Improvements

12152007100522gx7.th.jpg

90M to spend.. anyone got any ideas?

Kerlon, Saha & maybe Anderson will go and was looking at Remy Riou as a possibly goalkeeper and Andreolli as a fulll back (looks fb) and also seen Rio's contract at AC is finished in teh sumemr so might have to do something about that icon_biggrin.gif

May as well let you know how my United game is going.

First season: Prem Champs, League Cup winner, Community Shield winner, and Champs League runner up.

Second season: Prem Champs, Champs League champs, FA Cup runner up and Community Shield winner

Third season: Only just began with Fraizer Campbell bagging 7 goals in just 5. I won the Community Shield 4-2 against Arsenal, 2 of my goals came in stoppage time. And I just beat the murderous Roma 5-1 in the Super Cup.

As for my squad I haven't really sold any notable players, or bought many. I decided to try using my youth players and making them good instead of buying the best.

Kerlon, Saha & maybe Anderson will go and was looking at Remy Riou as a possibly goalkeeper and Andreolli as a fulll back (looks fb) and also seen Rio's contract at AC is finished in teh sumemr so might have to do something about that icon_biggrin.gif

Never, ever sell Anderson! It should be considered a death sin just considering doing it! icon_mad.gif

anderson2ay0.jpg

You should keep Andy because he's one of the current crop.

Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

I sold saha to portsmouth for 1.3M

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Definitely a icon13.gif Selling price should be closer to £13m.

And Nozee: Please use thumbnails.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

You should keep Andy because he's one of the current crop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

I sold saha to portsmouth for 1.3M

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Definitely a icon13.gif Selling price should be closer to £13m.

And Nozee: Please use thumbnails. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do that from now on, then. Didn't realize it bothered people icon_smile.gif

Who's bought Aguero then? And how much/when?

Signed a new contract at the start of the game with a £32m min. fee clause, but he's got unsettled already. Hopefully he'll cost a lot less.

Is he as good as on 07?

he is immense.. if i didn't have Tevez i would have bought Aguero for whatever money has everything pace, strength, great dribbling/finishing and now good composure and this is at whn hes only 20 ffs icon_biggrin.gif

I've just sold Vidic to Barcelona for 23M plus 25% of next sale.

I've been reading through some of the posts in here were people are saying their selling pique because he's asking for a large contract. He's worth it in my opinion, he has been world class for me.

How much does Baxter cost in the first season? He really looks like Rooney. Great touch, creative, he can pass, shoot from far, hold up the ball and he's got pace. Fffffb. Could be better. And why the **** is everybody selling Vidic. I can understand Ferdinand because he is pretty old and not very loyal but Vidic? Future captain and one of the best defenders around in the air?

got a bit of a dilema at the moment. Just finish season 2 and have now received a £22million offer for anderson. My midfield is kinda over run at the moment with numerous quality players so I probably wouldnt miss him, but seems a shame to let him go. The fact he wants to be allowed to talk to them is pushing me towards accepting :s

Originally posted by wizkid:

NozEE: what training schedules have you got laid out?

They're in here in case you wanna see them icon_smile.gif

Link

Originally posted by Evon:

How much does Baxter cost in the first season? He really looks like Rooney. Great touch, creative, he can pass, shoot from far, hold up the ball and he's got pace. Fffffb. Could be better. And why the **** is everybody selling Vidic. I can understand Ferdinand because he is pretty old and not very loyal but Vidic? Future captain and one of the best defenders around in the air?

I got Baxter on compensation too. 220k.

Vidic I sold because Ferdinand is just as good, plus he's a devoted servant for many seasons now. And of course he's english. He's my captain now with Cathcart vice-captain. In my experience, Rio's a better captain than Vidic.

Originally posted by xx11:

got a bit of a dilema at the moment. Just finish season 2 and have now received a £22million offer for anderson. My midfield is kinda over run at the moment with numerous quality players so I probably wouldnt miss him, but seems a shame to let him go. The fact he wants to be allowed to talk to them is pushing me towards accepting :s

I wouldn't sell him for the world. Retrain him to cover both wings and you've got on hell of a player. I must refer to the screenshot I just posted of him.

Baxter can be bought for cheap compensation or for £0 plus a add on fee

Vidic is a cracking defender but if i'm honest he really didn't shine that well for me and i have a solid partnership in Samba & Barzagli and have quality youth

i know i should have got more then the 17M though but madrid are stingy bastards

Originally posted by xx11:

Have you still got Nani? If so, then I'd get rid of him before Andy. £22m is good, but you could get more and he's still young. Plus he is Scholes' replacement + pace icon_smile.gif

And Everton want £0 + 10% for Baxter at the start. I'm saying deal. I'm also trying to see if I can get Aguero before the transfer window shuts and if so then I think I might give Adriano back to Inter.

oh ffs buying Navas was a bad idea icon_frown.gif

just got his 2nd injury since joining icon_mad.gif thank god i signed Young.. still need a defensive minded MC as all i have is Banega atm and i don't think hes good enough atm

also is 13M a good price for a 30 year old (but suprisingly still fb) Henry? as i think i need another top class striker while my youth improve

Stupid Baxter has already signed a Pre-Contract so I've just bid 750k for him. And for some reason both Scholes and Anderson are performing like *****.

I'm not sure whether it's their instructions but they're really not creating anything and leaving it to Rooney who now can't get a goal for love nor money. What does everybody else have for Scholes and Anderson's instructions?

Stupid Baxter has already signed a Pre-Contract so I've just bid 750k for him. And for some reason both Scholes and Anderson are performing like *****.

I'm not sure whether it's their instructions but they're really not creating anything and leaving it to Rooney who now can't get a goal for love nor money. What does everybody else have for Scholes and Anderson's instructions?

Just spent 4million on him at start of season 3. Probably a waste but helps with all the english collection.

Mind you Inter Milan want one my young english.. an offer worth 26million for Jonathon evans

I just finished my season with Ronaldo netting 41 goals from AMR so he definately can score icon_smile.gif

Andersons instructions when playing AMC, are FWR often, RWB often, TTB often, rest on mixed, attacking mentality, much creative freedom and a free role - works a charm!

I've signed Baxter now for just 10% of next fee, but have to wait a year anyway.

Vidic is p*ssed off at saying I won't let him go to Milan despite not rejecting a bid for him (i.e. just negotiating for £100m).

Atletico aren't letting me have Aguero for small money (I have £14m), but my scout says I could get Matias Fernandez for about £10m, so I'll probably just get him and tell Adriano to go back to Inter.

As for Scholes/Andy instructions, what formation are you using, Evon? I'm using a 4-4-1-1, with 4-2-3-1 (just wingers pushed up) for my attacking version. At the moment I'm playing Rooney at AMC and getting him to swap with Tevaz at FC. Andy is my main MCa atm, but Scholes has just got back to full fitness.

Here's the instructions for my "4-2-3-1 Attack":

12152007214805yt2.th.jpg 12152007214852df9.th.jpg

And these are for my "4-4-1-1 Balanced":

12152007215009ie4.th.jpg 12152007215026rz3.th.jpg

If you're using a 4-4-2, then the MC instructions are probably more what you want for Scholes/Andy.

Also, if anyone has a winger injury crisis then play a Chelsea style (i.e. narrow midfielders) 4-3-1-2 with sarrowed FCs. The FCs drag the oppositon DCs out with them and gives the AMC loads of space and chances. It's good, but doesn't incorporate Ronaldo very well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

I've signed Baxter now for just 10% of next fee, but have to wait a year anyway.

Vidic is p*ssed off at saying I won't let him go to Milan despite not rejecting a bid for him (i.e. just negotiating for £100m).

Atletico aren't letting me have Aguero for small money (I have £14m), but my scout says I could get Matias Fernandez for about £10m, so I'll probably just get him and tell Adriano to go back to Inter.

As for Scholes/Andy instructions, what formation are you using, Evon? I'm using a 4-4-1-1, with 4-2-3-1 (just wingers pushed up) for my attacking version. At the moment I'm playing Rooney at AMC and getting him to swap with Tevaz at FC. Andy is my main MCa atm, but Scholes has just got back to full fitness.

Here's the instructions for my "4-2-3-1 Attack":

12152007214805yt2.th.jpg 12152007214852df9.th.jpg

And these are for my "4-4-1-1 Balanced":

12152007215009ie4.th.jpg 12152007215026rz3.th.jpg

If you're using a 4-4-2, then the MC instructions are probably more what you want for Scholes/Andy.

Also, if anyone has a winger injury crisis then play a Chelsea style (i.e. narrow midfielders) 4-3-1-2 with sarrowed FCs. The FCs drag the oppositon DCs out with them and gives the AMC loads of space and chances. It's good, but doesn't incorporate Ronaldo very well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play a pretty basic 4-2-2-2 which is basically the same as my usual tactics. I play Anderson just like NozEE does but it clearly doesn't work very well as he's got a 5 and a 6 in his past 2 games. Though he got 8's and 9's just before that though that was Pre 8.01 patch.

I suppose I'll just try and reduce Anderson's creativity but leave him on a free role with TTB often and FWR often. Scholes'll probably just get more CF than Anderson without the free role. I'll see how that goes. It's most probably just a case of them both having too much freedom. But I play Rooney up front so the other screenshots won't help but cheers anyway.

Archived