FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hitchy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

How much does Baxter cost in the first season? He really looks like Rooney. Great touch, creative, he can pass, shoot from far, hold up the ball and he's got pace. Fffffb. Could be better. And why the **** is everybody selling Vidic. I can understand Ferdinand because he is pretty old and not very loyal but Vidic? Future captain and one of the best defenders around in the air?

I brought Baxter for £2.4m, but that was at the end of season one. May be cheaper at the start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is free at the start. Approach to sign him

Originally posted by nch:

I don't think we can sell them so much. Maybe he's not using pounds?

I sold him for 10 mil, Silvestre for around 6? And Saha for around 10... all to Portsmouth!

I dont use £ i use danish kroner. It was just some fast calculation in my head from danish kroner to pounds. I actually got 16 mill for him, i got 23-24 million before the patch icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Kugle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nch:

I don't think we can sell them so much. Maybe he's not using pounds?

I sold him for 10 mil, Silvestre for around 6? And Saha for around 10... all to Portsmouth!

I dont use £ i use danish kroner. It was just some fast calculation in my head from danish kroner to pounds. I actually got 16 mill for him, i got 23-24 million before the patch icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

double post + 10% of his next sale.

Euro Super cup won against a tough Marseille team with rooney getting 4 \o/

Gibson seems to be getting quite a bit of attention which i'm not too happy with as he looks a good player

anyone managed to break Sir Bobbys goal scoring record? Rooney needs another 126 for me icon_frown.gif

Anyone got that player or is it a regen?

Damn! he's got good some stats for a 16yr old!!! or am i just exagerating??

fm08tw6.th.png

Anyone who needs a good AML should go for Assaiti. Cost me no more than £10m (cnt remember the price) and has usualy an 8 rating.

Regarding the RWB debate...Simpson is average in my game. But how good is Hutton? or De Silvestri? Av had an offer of £7m accepted for Ratinho but am not sure whether to go for him or somebody else.

I will be selling Nani as he has not convinced. Won't renew Giggs contract. Whom should i go for?

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Anyone got that player or is it a regen?

Damn! he's got good some stats for a 16yr old!!! or am i just exagerating??

fm08tw6.th.png

Anyone who needs a good AML should go for Assaiti. Cost me no more than £10m (cnt remember the price) and has usualy an 8 rating.

First of all, that regen isn't that good. Stats like marking and jumping are no way near good enough for a defender, and he's not going to be a great DM if his marking, aggression and stamina are so low. Does he have flair of 0?!

And as for Assaiti, Matias Fernandez can be bought for £10m and is better. Go for him now you have no Giggs and Nani.

What do you guys change during a season/match in your tactics. The AI somehow counter my tactics atm, i cant score and my possession is dropping. Before i had 60% in most games, now i have like 40-45%. Which is embarrsing

It's probably more to do with the AI playing more defensive against you. More width, CF and getting the full backs more involved should help.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

What do you guys change during a season/match in your tactics. The AI somehow counter my tactics atm, i cant score and my possession is dropping. Before i had 60% in most games, now i have like 40-45%. Which is embarrsing

It's probably more to do with the AI playing more defensive against you. More width, CF and getting the full backs more involved should help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks m8, gonna give that a try.

Does anyone have experince with Jesus Navas ? hes unsettled and will very much like to join man utd.

Im getting mascherano on a free btw icon_wink.gif. So i'll sell carrick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Does anyone have experince with Jesus Navas ? hes unsettled and will very much like to join man utd.

Fernandez icon14.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He got to Arsenal icon_frown.gif, Guardado to Liverpool.

So im in a bit of a dilemma. Rosina, Navas, Quaresma or who :/?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Fernandez icon14.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He got to Arsenal icon_frown.gif, Guardado to Liverpool.

So im in a bit of a dilemma. Rosina, Navas, Quaresma or who :/? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe Giovani Dos Santos as a younger option ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

It's probably more to do with the AI playing more defensive against you. More width, CF and getting the full backs more involved should help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he gets injured.. alot

he has just got back to fitness in my squad but has lost his place to Young (who is supber) and Anderson who is suprising me with some great performances

Im getting mascherano on a free btw icon_wink.gif. So i'll sell carrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree about selling carrick

I've started a game with Man Utd, hoping it would be easy to win everything. I lost the Community Shield 1:0 to Chelsea and got knocked out of the Carling Cup by City. In the league I am 7 points in front of Chelsea after beating them at Old Trafford.

Only signed Saivet, with Aissati to join in December.

Rooney is brilliant, a true goalscorer, but gets a few assists as well. For the first few games Ronaldo has been weak, with practically no assists, but he has come to life in the last few games making at least 5 runs down the field per game. I switched him to a striker position against Chelsea and he scored 2 and almost netted a hat trick after being returned to the right flank.

On the other hand, Tevez and Saha are both capable of scoring a lot, but they seem to fail in crucial moments, so I think I'll give Ronaldo a few more games up front.

A piece of advice: Do not sell Dong Fangzhuo at the start of the game, unless you buy 1 or 2 new strikers, he played 7 games when the others were injured and scored 5 goals, with the best average rating in the clubicon_smile.gif

Just started with United really like the squad and the back up in the reserves just wanted some advice on signings.

Really fancy van der vaart or fernandez for midfield just to really add extra strength, and happy with gks and defenders situation.

My real worry is up front this year. Future plan is for aguero but i need one more to back up the three of tevez, rooney and saha. Reckon it needs to be a different player to tevez and rooney like a target man with gd strength , pace and finishing. Was going for huntelaar but not sure????

Let us know your thoughts going to make a decision tonight!!!

Originally posted by IanZG2:

A piece of advice: Do not sell Dong Fangzhuo at the start of the game, unless you buy 1 or 2 new strikers, he played 7 games when the others were injured and scored 5 goals, with the best average rating in the clubicon_smile.gif

Dong is really good for me. When I put him on as a sub, he scores at least once in every 3 games.

Shame he ain't like that in real life thought icon_frown.gif

End of Summer Transfer Window Update

Squad

12182007174122cg8.th.jpg

Transfers In

Jose Baxter - Everton - £0

Petri Pasanen - Werder - £0

Tranquillo Barnetta - Leverkusen - £0

Alexander Zahavi - Sporting - £22k

Jesús Navas - Sevilla - £14M

Tomas Ujfalusi - Fiorentina - £0

Gai Assulin - Barcelona - £1.3M

Fábio & Rafael - Fluminense - £2.4M

Ashley Young - Aston Villa - £7.5M

Lorenzo De Silvestri - Lazio - £9.75M

Rémy Riou - Auxerre - £7.5M

Género Zeefuik - PSV - £2.5M (FB player)

Andriy Shevchenko - Chelsea - £725k

Ignacio Camacho - At. Madrid - £5.5M

Lulinha - Corinthians - £3.2M

Transfers/Loans Out

Heaton, Barnes, Gray, Evans, Lea, Jones, Shawcross, Eckersley & Derbyshire - Released

Nani - Fiorentina - £20M + £10M after 1 international apperence

Owen Hargreaves - Pompey - £19M

Gerard Piqué - Valencia - £7.5M + £10M after 1 international apperence

Nemanja Vidic - Real Madrid - £17.75M

Ben Foster - Pompey - £5M + £2.5M after 1 international apperence

Chris Eagles - Derby - £2.8M

Barazite & Lulinhs - Gretna - Loan

Cathcart, Franks, Edwards, Brandy & Tuia - Cork City - Loan

Results so far..

Community Shield Vs Arsenal - 5-1 (Barzagli, Rooney 2 & Tevez 2)

Premier League Vs West Brom - 2-0 (Barzagli & Rooney)

Premier League Vs Wigan - 4-1 (Barzagli, Ronaldo, Rooney & Tevez)

Premier League Vs Arsenal - 4-0 (Young & Rooney 3)

Premier League Vs Chelsea - 3-0 (Barzagli, Young & Rooney)

Euro Super Cup Vs Marseille - 4-1 (Rooney 4)

and since the window has shut the team has won 4-0 & 4-1 against Southampton & Dinamo icon_cool.gif

Chamions League Group

Man Utd

Bayern

Dinamo

Basel

season has started well and hopefully it will continue \o/

Originally posted by R-dizzle:

On another note, those are some awful signings man... Tranquillo Barnetta?.. he's rubbish and Gai Assulin? what were you thinking?

Barnetta was on a free and he is a good crosser of the ball and fast hes not a first team player ffs icon_biggrin.gif and Assulin is 17 and already looking like he could be a very very good player icon_smile.gif

Started a game with this lot the other day, signed a couple of youth players plus Christopher Samba and Mauro Zarate, this is probably one of the few times I haven't spent all my transfer budget!

Results have been great; sitting top of the league in December, having just beaten Chelsea 1-0, who I was level on points with, thanks to a Darron Gibson goal.

Why was Gibson playing? Because I've had lots of injuries, all to my midfield. Ronaldo has been out since September and won't be back till the New Year, Scholes is out for a couple of months too, as now are Fletcher and Carrick. Saha has just returned from another injury (not the same one he starts off with), and I've also had Giggs miss a bit of the season but he's back now.

Luckily the rest of the team hasn't been affected by injuries, Rooney and Tevez making a good partnership with 29 goals between them (Rooney with 16, Tevez with 13), and Zarate being a useful supersub picking up his 5 goals in 6 sub appearances (ironically he's wearing the no.20 shirt!).

Went through to the next round of the CL having won all my games, my favourite being a 2-1 win over Lyon with 16-year-old John Fleck scoring a double icon_cool.gif. After the game he was also announced as the youngest player to ever play for Manchester United, so good all round.

Unfortunately knocked out of the Carling Cup in the Quarter-Final, lost 2-1 away to Arsenal, I blame it on Rooney being injured and VDS being a bit rubbish the game before so I played Kuszczak, who didn't do too well.

Will probably report back in January when I have hopefully strengthened my midfield slightly, or at least adding another left/right sided player, because if one of Nani/Giggs gets injured before Ronaldo gets back I'm screwed there.

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Anyone know any Decent strikers? I play 1 man up front and Tevez + Rooney are AMC's

Torres is really, really poor. I say use your reserve strikers, Fangzhou and Campbell espically. Those two play brilliantly on some occasions and OKish for the rest of the time.

Sold Fletcher to City for only 5.5mio coz there werent a club willing to bid higher. Now Michael Johnson is unhappy because he thinks too much comprtition. City have set an asking price of 7.75mio. This means im going to have to sell one of Hargreaves or Carrick

Who would you sell?

Trying to sell Silvestre to Spurs for £4m, but he wants me to pay him £5.25k a week compo, first time I've seen this on FM08.

Sold Evra to Roma for £18m, so looking to completely revamp my LB side. Brought in Leo Schwechlen for £2.7m as a future LB and signed Leighton Baines for £8m to be my new main LB.

End of Transfer Window Update (Aug 07)

Transfers In.

Thiago - FREE

Zeefuik -£750k

John Fleck - FREE

Henri Saivet - FREE

Boshtock - FREE

Sakho - FREE

Georginio Wijnaldum - FREE

Banega - £3.5M

Rhys Murphy - FREE

Michael Johnson - £7.75M

Transfers Out

Dong - £2.5M

Heaton - £85K

Silvestre - £4.5M

Gray - £80K

Sean Evans - £90K

Fletcher - £5.5M

Barnes - £100K

Carrick - £9M

CL Group

Man Utd

Roma

CSKA Moscow

Marseille

icon_eek.gif What a tough group!

So far in the league ive played 4, won 2, draw 1 and lost 1 which i think is quite good considering i had Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the these games

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Trying to sell Silvestre to Spurs for £4m, but he wants me to pay him £5.25k a week compo, first time I've seen this on FM08.

Sold Evra to Roma for £18m, so looking to completely revamp my LB side. Brought in Leo Schwechlen for £2.7m as a future LB and signed Leighton Baines for £8m to be my new main LB.

You sold Evra??? icon_eek.gif He's the best defender in the team! He's brilliant at attacking and defending. None of the others are like him in that respect.

wizkid-You could have got much more for your players and who's Fleck?

Hmm i cant adjust my transfer/wage budget. Has anyone had this "bug" before ?. I have to much money in my wage budget, and i would like to move them to my transfer budget. But when i press the adjust button im only allowed to move "0" :/ wtf ?

When i put on more width, should i use a more direct passing style or keep it mixed/short.

And how do i invlove my fbs more ? they have forward runs on often etc. what more can i do :p?. My possesion is still kinda poor.

Oh yes icon_cool.gif

Think I'll do well to get a better result in FM than this for some time:

12172007230314yy9.th.jpg

Matty \o/

Nice result away from home mate. I told you Matty iffffb whilst you were in the process of buying him icon_cool.gif

When i put on more width, should i use a more direct passing style or keep it mixed/short.

And how do i invlove my fbs more ? they have forward runs on often etc. what more can i do :p?. My possesion is still kinda poor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Against more defensive AI, you probably want to have shorter passing. I don't have it too high anyway as I have quality players so I can trust them to make short passes, but it's better for keeping the ball. I use around 6 and use it globally. You probably don't want your tempo too high either. 6-8 is a good value for that.

For full backs, give them a bit more CF and one or two notches more mentality.

Cheers Sheps icon14.gif Howcome you haven't got him on 08 yet, then? (Or Gago?)

Archived