FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great my game has just begun to **** up. First i couldnt save the game. I therefore deleted my old saves and tried to save on a new name. It worked but after reloading the save all my fixtures are gone. Like the season has just end :/.

Can i somehow restore a save game i've already deleted ?

Originally posted by Kugle:

Great my game has just begun to **** up. First i couldnt save the game. I therefore deleted my old saves and tried to save on a new name. It worked but after reloading the save all my fixtures are gone. Like the season has just end :/.

dont know how you went about deleting it... maybe check your recycling bin if you not cleared it, could be stored in there if your lucky.

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

dont know how you went about deleting it... maybe check your recycling bin if you not cleared it, could be stored in there if your lucky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing there arrrgh hate these issues

Well i cant help you with your bad luck icon_frown.gif Hope you get it sorted though. Horrid trying to restart a game and not being able to get your team back how you had it.

Just had one the most tense matches since I started FM08. Was a semi final match against Real Madrid in champions league

Semi-final Leg 1 - Home

This first leg at home was a horrid result. I was losing 2-0 after 60 minutes even though it was a very tight game. I just had no luck infront of goal whereas they did. In the 91st minute the score was pulled back to 1-2 with Vidic getting up at the back post from a Nani corner. This did not have the feel of good things to come though, conceeding 2 away goals was bad enough, however it was worst because amoungst the numerous bookings was Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand, 3 key players. The bookings meant missing the 2nd leg away.

semi final leg 2 - away

Was hoping for the best, but really didnt think the luck would be with me, my fears were right. The first 30minutes both teams going at each other relentlessly. Knowing we needed at least 2 goals my team really attacked. However things looked bad when Pique tripped Robinho in the box.

30minutes gone, 1-0 down in the Bernabeu. I was not liking this.

Come Half time it didnt look like I was going to get the result I needed. Especially with my patched together team, as not only was I without Ronaldo in midfield, I had lost Dos Santos to injury also. My attacking prowess was deminished without Rooney, Ronaldo and Dos Santos. All whom pull it out in big games.

Second half was away and finally got the breakthrough, Rossi intercepted a pass and played Tevez through who lobbed the ball over Casillas. Looked like we may yet have a chance. 1 more and we talking about extra time.

We hit the 60 minute mark and Rooneys replacement, Zarate was slightly injured and needed treatment, however Madrid were not easing up and at this point Robinho put the ball in the back of the net from a rebound of his original shot. At this point all hope had gone out of me. Needed 2 goals in 30minutes against a Madrid side that seemed to strong to get through.

Well due to Zarate injury, and my deminished team the young Buonanotte came into the rotating forward line.

less then 10 minutes later he had us on level terms for the night. All 3 attacking players linked up and Buonanotte slotted in a parried Rossi shot.

Once again, hope was returning. But it didnt last any more then 5minutes. Robinho eased past Pique and buried the ball in the back of the net. 15minutes to go and required 2 goals. Seemed impossible to me, but the team kept pushing just 2 minutes later and after a wonderful passing move Hargreaves slotted Buonanotte through and the youngster send the crowd wide by hitting a 25yrd scorcher.

Real Madrid were furious, demanded on offside decision but it wasnt given. Miguel Torres kept pestering the ref, and on top of the match on the night being level, Torres saw Red for a 2nd yellow. 14minutes to go and I had the advantage. Now the final felt possible.

We kept attacking, but Casillas just wouldnt be beaten again, and we reached the 90minute mark. 3minutes went up on the board and the noise level went up a notch. into the 92nd minute and it just seemed all too late, but Rossi popped up on the right wing and powered a cross into the 6yrd box where tevez was lurking. He volleyed the ball from 3yrds out straight at Casillas but from that range Casillas could only get in the block. Tevez pounced and put it in the back of the net. 4-3 up on the night, and for the first time in the tie managed to be in pole position due to away goals. Madrid argued the legitimacy of the goal but it stood anyways.

We made it, but I tell you what, from my heart rate anyone would have thought it was the real thing. Now I get to look forward to a final against Barcelona. Let hope this year I can complete the quad having won the League and Carling Cup already, I be facing arsenal in the FA cup (whom are currantly joint 2nd with chelsea in the league but with a much better goal difference) as well as Barca in the champions league.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

I'm surprised it's not in your recycling bin. Just try searching for the name of it in search from the start menu.

Nothing in the bin, and i cant restore my comp from a previous point :/.

Guess thats the end of my fm08 carrer for now

Come on I got him for 10mil and has been a revelation since he joined the club (fans).

Just won the quadruple!!! Beat Real 1:0, Rooney scoring in 70+ mins.

My board said I managed the finances so well they are considering sacking the accountant and hiring me instead?!

And I am signing Silva for 50+ mil and selling Nani for 23 million.

Just won the league cup in fourth season, thats the third time I've won it.

I went 2 goals down after just 11 minutes thanks to Liverpool's Torres and Gerrard. With things looking grim I went all out attack before Welbeck was fouled and Ronaldo scored the penalty.

Half time score: Liverpool 2-1 United

15 minutes into the second half a Ronaldo corner was headed in by captain Rio. Then stupidly I made all substitutions meaning that when Lulinha got injured I was reduced to 10 men. Luckily after Torres missed a sitter I made it into extra time only for Gerrard to injure Ferdinand making me play the remainder of the game with 9 men.

However I made it into penalties and won them 3-1.

icon14.gif

Hey guys - been a while (uni work meant FM has been on the backburner for a while) but restarted my United season this morning - ended up winning the league on the final day whilst serving a touchline ban (complained about a goal that was blatantly offside icon_mad.gif), beating Newcastle 4-0 to pip Arsenal to the post.

So anyway, I've let a lot of players go (end of season 2), mainly Neville, Giggs, Scholes and VDS as they had passed their peak. Hopefully bringing in a very promising regen RB but this is my squad at the moment:

mufcdq7.th.png

Basically, I would like another striker as well as I'm not totally happy with Carlos - could move him on if need be. I'm looking at Cavani, Aguero and Benzema - all around £30M, but what else do you think I need? Budget of £62M icon_smile.gif

Quick answer much appreciated! Cheers, Ben

Just finished the 1st season winning everything. I created my own '2-3-1-3-1' tactic and didn't change

it throughout. Rooney ended up 2nd highest goal scorer in EPL, Ronnie 3rd. First was that over-rated Darren Bend icon_mad.gif

This is how we faired.

1st season.

My tactic helps me win even if none of Rooney, CR, Tevez, Huntelaar or Saha play.

Got 51M to spend, thinkin abt buying Riquelme! Any suggestions for a young World Class AMC?

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

Just finished the 1st season winning everything. I created my own '2-3-1-3-1' tactic and didn't change

it throughout. Rooney ended up 2nd highest goal scorer in EPL, Ronnie 3rd. First was that over-rated Darren Bend icon_mad.gif

This is how we faired.

1st season.

My tactic helps me win even if none of Rooney, CR, Tevez, Huntelaar or Saha play.

Got 51M to spend, thinkin abt buying Riquelme! Any suggestions for a young World Class AMC?

good looking tactic, as for your AMCs, don't go for Riquelme - much better options would be:

Van Der Vaart, Giovinco (pricey but SO good), Matias Fernandez, Lulinha, Pandev, Nasri, Modric, Renato Augusto - whoever you like the look of, just make sure they're faster than old Roman

Thanks sniell & b101. icon14.gif

And b101, I'd suggest you get someone like Huntelaar, fast and good in the air. I got him for 15M in first season. He's probably, the most intelligent striker in the game.Got 25+ assists for me all season. And why did u let those 4 legends go? icon_frown.gif I'd keep'em untill they retire and hire Giggsy and Gazza as coaches.

BTW, Johnny Evans is Awesome! icon14.gif

I might be a first time poster here, but I'm not new to this thread.

I always play as United (the team I have always supported - I remember celebrating the Champions League win in 99 at the age of 8) first on a new FM game, and sometimes decide to change for later games. Having said that, despite having won the quadruple with United on both 06 and 07, I have never played beyond the first season on those games, and have completed a grand total of 4 seasons on the last two installments on FM. This is because I tend to get a bad result and then give up. However, I'm enjoying this version infinite times more, having completed the first season in record time and looking forward to the second season.

I'm in pre-season at the start of the second season on my game. I won the quadruple in the first, having beaten Liverpool in the Champions League Final with Gerrard being sent off.

Squad

Tactic

Champions League Final

League Table

Rooney played fantastic - Champions League Golden boot with 12 goals, at least 10 in the League and assists aplenty. I've never had him play so well so consistently - I normally struggle to get him average above 6.

I have a £35million transfer budget,and would greatly appreciate some suggests for improvement at Right back, Left back, and Wingers. Long term improvements would be Akinfeev in goal, and a new central and defensive midfielder.

Originally posted by sniell:

Nocerino looks pretty good, definately worth the money although on my game when he's 26, his stats are worse than on your version. Strange.

other options involve the likes of Obi Mikel (his stats are shockingly good icon_eek.gif) Bruins, Pirlo (frozen out at Milan), Toulalan (looks amazing but expensive icon_frown.gif)

go for Nocerino I'd say, looks awesome - that being said, how much do Lyon want for Toulalan? Never go for Obi Mikel on the principle that he's an absolute pecker (so many other words I wanted to say icon_frown.gif)

To Mickyttudes: Sadly Huntelaar's at Madrid and they don't look like letting him go...damn

Originally posted by b101:

go for Nocerino I'd say, looks awesome - that being said, how much do Lyon want for Toulalan? Never go for Obi Mikel on the principle that he's an absolute pecker (so many other words I wanted to say icon_frown.gif)

Lyon want about 30M+ and as much as i hate Obi Mikel irl in the game he looks amazing

Obi Mikel

12222007215049im6.th.jpg

i'm hoping i'll try and get him on a free but i expect he will sign a new contract icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Lyon want about 30M+ and as much as i hate Obi Mikel irl in the game he looks amazing

Obi Mikel

12222007215049im6.th.jpg

i'm hoping i'll try and get him on a free but i expect he will sign a new contract icon_frown.gif

mm does look very good, him and Nocerino look very similar though, only major differences are Nocerino's pace vs. Mikel's heading, although Obi's mental are slightly better. If you can get him on a free you may as well, better than the £14m Chelski paid us for him in the first place!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

Nocerino looks pretty good, definately worth the money although on my game when he's 26, his stats are worse than on your version. Strange.

other options involve the likes of Obi Mikel (his stats are shockingly good icon_eek.gif) Bruins, Pirlo (frozen out at Milan), Toulalan (looks amazing but expensive icon_frown.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nocerino looks very good in that screen shot. His only poor stat is flair. I was looking to see if I could get a better MCb than Carrick and he could be the one. Other people I was looking at were Lucas, Cattermole or Mikel.

I'd say Nocerino is worth £12m.

Originally posted by b101:

Hey guys - been a while (uni work meant FM has been on the backburner for a while) but restarted my United season this morning - ended up winning the league on the final day whilst serving a touchline ban (complained about a goal that was blatantly offside icon_mad.gif), beating Newcastle 4-0 to pip Arsenal to the post.

So anyway, I've let a lot of players go (end of season 2), mainly Neville, Giggs, Scholes and VDS as they had passed their peak. Hopefully bringing in a very promising regen RB but this is my squad at the moment:

mufcdq7.th.png

Basically, I would like another striker as well as I'm not totally happy with Carlos - could move him on if need be. I'm looking at Cavani, Aguero and Benzema - all around £30M, but what else do you think I need? Budget of £62M icon_smile.gif

Quick answer much appreciated! Cheers, Ben

Slow answer, but basically I'd get a right back and a ST. Alves and Fernandez (retrain him), Owen or Aguero I'd go for.

Your squad's pretty big, so although some are still young, you probably don't need all of them. Keep giving Tevez a chance, he's probably your second best ST after Rooney.

also Mascherano worth a 10M bid?

can just imagine a midfield of

Ronaldo - Mascherano (MCd) - Nocerino (MCa) - Navas

icon_cool.gif

Don't need Mascherano if you have Hargreaves and especially if you get Nocerino.

A midfield of

Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Scholes/Andy, Andy/Giggs

is better.

Originally posted by sniell:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Hargreaves is at Pompey & Anderson has just joined Barca icon_biggrin.gif

Giggs & Scholes just too old now icon_frown.gif

How much did ya sell em for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

19M for Hargreaves (suprised he wanted to go tbh) & 20M for Anderson.. both deal had all the money upfront which was a added bonus.. Hargreaves had a bad habit of gettign sent off

Hi people I have got Silva and sold Nani for 23 mil. Might buy Messi for 44.5 mil and sell Maxi Rodriguez for 30 mil, and Amauri for 18.75 mil.

I play two wingers, so might retrain Messi into a striker? I play 4-2-3-1. Rooney's the striker.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Slow answer, but basically I'd get a right back and a ST. Alves and Fernandez (retrain him), Owen or Aguero I'd go for.

Your squad's pretty big, so although some are still young, you probably don't need all of them. Keep giving Tevez a chance, he's probably your second best ST after Rooney.

Yeah Tevez so far this season just seems to have clicked - looking immense with 4 in 3 (bit early but looking promising). Still, I brought in Cavani (£30M) and Silva (£34M) just for fun icon_smile.gif - love the budget adjustment! So probably now going to send Sinclair out on loan, and think I need to get rid of one centre back but not sure who tbh.

Oh, also found this regen and snapped him up - had loads of big clubs chasing him but he was never going to go anywhere else:

ciscoyb1.th.png

So this is my squad now:

squadwx5.th.png

As I say, Sinclair's off on loan somewhere, and I'll lose a CB, probably Evans on loan again for one more season before I get rid of Brown. Overall quite happy with my squad though icon_smile.gif

Oh and here are Criscito (cost £10M in Jan Season 1), and Giovinco (£25M before start of season 2)

criscitops3.th.png giovincodk3.th.png

Criscito was a replacement for Vidic and to be honest I think he's about as good. Doesn't score quite as many from corners but in other respects he has formed a quality partnership with Rio and looks very solid generally. He made a few errors in his first season but seems to have cut them out of his game now. Definitely recommended!

I mainly used Giovinco as a second option for Rooney but seems to have done well. Last season he managed 10 goals, 9 assists and 5 MOM from AMC in 20 starts with a fair few sub appearances. Tends to score very important goals as well. He's been brilliant as an AMC just sliding Tevez through at will. Again, go for it if you've got the money - I haven't found a better AMC yet!

Hope that helps - cheers for the suggestions but had already splashed the cash icon_biggrin.gif

Archived