FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

19M for Hargreaves (suprised he wanted to go tbh) & 20M for Anderson.. both deal had all the money upfront which was a added bonus.. Hargreaves had a bad habit of gettign sent off

Hargreaves I can understand but Anderson?!?! He's awesome!! Crazy person!

Originally posted by red devilz:

thinking of buying benzema for goals...

any suggestions anyone???

currently playing chelsea for the fa cup semis

and my squad is seriously not looking good

help anyone???

Benzema looks brilliant but Lyon tend to want a good £30M+ for him. My scouts also said he looked a bit injury prone so I ended up going for Cavani. Also look at Pandev, Huntelaar, Aguero, Saivet and Bojan - all amazing

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, start of 2nd season, Tevez started disliking

Saivet so, Chelsea bid 58M and Arsenal 46.5M. So, he went to Arsenal. I got Matias Fernandes for 19M.

First 4 games, scored 15 goals so far, Rooney - 6, Ronaldo - 6, Nani - 2(5 assists), Huntelaar - 0(5 assists), and Tevez - 1.

Both Rooney & Ronnie are such fierce rivals(scoring wise icon_wink.gif ) If one scores, other scores two and vice versa!

And, Quireoz left after first season, for some strange reason, board didn't allow me to offer him higher wages. So, got Inter's Serbian coach as the new Ass. Man.

Also, tied up Giggsy, Gazza and Scholes' contracts. Cheers!!

Originally posted by b101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Slow answer, but basically I'd get a right back and a ST. Alves and Fernandez (retrain him), Owen or Aguero I'd go for.

Your squad's pretty big, so although some are still young, you probably don't need all of them. Keep giving Tevez a chance, he's probably your second best ST after Rooney.

Yeah Tevez so far this season just seems to have clicked - looking immense with 4 in 3 (bit early but looking promising). Still, I brought in Cavani (£30M) and Silva (£34M) just for fun icon_smile.gif - love the budget adjustment! So probably now going to send Sinclair out on loan, and think I need to get rid of one centre back but not sure who tbh.

Oh, also found this regen and snapped him up - had loads of big clubs chasing him but he was never going to go anywhere else:

ciscoyb1.th.png

So this is my squad now:

squadwx5.th.png

As I say, Sinclair's off on loan somewhere, and I'll lose a CB, probably Evans on loan again for one more season before I get rid of Brown. Overall quite happy with my squad though icon_smile.gif

Oh and here are Criscito (cost £10M in Jan Season 1), and Giovinco (£25M before start of season 2)

criscitops3.th.png giovincodk3.th.png

Criscito was a replacement for Vidic and to be honest I think he's about as good. Doesn't score quite as many from corners but in other respects he has formed a quality partnership with Rio and looks very solid generally. He made a few errors in his first season but seems to have cut them out of his game now. Definitely recommended!

I mainly used Giovinco as a second option for Rooney but seems to have done well. Last season he managed 10 goals, 9 assists and 5 MOM from AMC in 20 starts with a fair few sub appearances. Tends to score very important goals as well. He's been brilliant as an AMC just sliding Tevez through at will. Again, go for it if you've got the money - I haven't found a better AMC yet!

Hope that helps - cheers for the suggestions but had already splashed the cash icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Criscito looks very good except for his jumping, which is a bit low for a DC. Giovinco looks very good - like a toned down version of Fernandez.

That DR regen just needs more accel. to be a class full back. Don't sell Brown unless you find someone better who can cover DC and DR, which is unlikely.

I'm sure your squad's too big still, especially now you've bought Cavalli and Silva, but maybe that's just my preference on squad size. It's all well and good having quality youngsters, but if they are really good then they may as well be in your main squad.

Yeah I'd agree on the squad size - need to get rid of an MC, thinking Carrick, he never plays well, and Evans on loan in Jan hopefully. Just managed to put 10 past Arsenal in two games, 5-0 in Charity Shield then 5-1 at home. Started out with 6 wins so all looking rosy icon_biggrin.gif

Well I have now got an interesting dilema.

Having finished season 3 with the first clean sweep, winning the quad (won champions league 5-4 aet against barcelona after going 2-0 down in 12minutes icon_smile.gif )

Anyways, I can now sign Messi for a mere 40million. As much as I would love to have him in the team my midfield is absolutely packed with quality players, including the youngsters I want to start getting more first team experiance.

My Wingers consist of:

Ronaldo

Dos Santos

Anderson

Nani

Eagles

Kroos

Saviet

Esposito

Cerci

Matthew brown (good looking regen)

I have got more youngsters as well but I will deal with them in reserves and loan for another season. All I can think of doing is shipping out Nani as much as I would like to keep him and just reduce matches other players would get.

So is messi good enough to bring in and have less opportunities to get experiance for others?

Nani's a great performer, but not one for skills (underrated) in FM.

He has not a high potential but was a great performer. However I decided to sell him for 23 million and signed Messi and Silva, after selling Maxi Rodriguez and Amauri though.

My team looks strong, but they need bonding. Didnt' play really well in their first game - Community Shield against Arsenal (Won 3:1). Silva had a rating of 6 and Messi 7.

Originally posted by Kugle:

Gra. As for Fernandez, where do you play him ?, He can suit both AMC and wingers pretty well. And i have this VDV fetish, so he will be my AMC. But should i still sign Fernandez ? any thoughts ?

Matty is playing at AMC mostly for me. Giggs and Ronaldo are doing very well on the wings, Rooney's banging them in upfront and Andy's playing well at MC. Scholes hasn't done great since coming back, so he isn't 1st team atm.

I'm getting Rooney and Matty to swap positions during the game, which is working well too. So if you love VDV, then use Matty on the wing or upfront (or use 2 AMCs icon_wink.gif )

b101: Sell Carrick or Banega, you don't need both.

As for Arsenal, they gave me my first defeat in the league yesterday. Play OK in it and a draw was a fair result, but they scored a penalty in the 92nd minute icon_mad.gif I'm still a point ahead of them anyway.

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i need a proper class MC it seems to support my wingers as Adrien, Banega, Camacho & Gibson aren't good enough atm and came across this player called Nocerino and have been told by Palermo i will need to spend £12.25M to get him

Nocerino Stats

12222007210716lz9.th.jpg

worth it?

There's another guy who's much better at Juve. Pretty similar to him but better. He's called Marchisio. I haven't bought him but that's only because I've been trying to see if Gibson, Hewson and some of my other youth are good enough. Gibson's stats are going down though. And Anderson sucks balls. He's useless. Great at the start but now he's crap.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Gra. As for Fernandez, where do you play him ?, He can suit both AMC and wingers pretty well. And i have this VDV fetish, so he will be my AMC. But should i still sign Fernandez ? any thoughts ?

Matty is playing at AMC mostly for me. Giggs and Ronaldo are doing very well on the wings, Rooney's banging them in upfront and Andy's playing well at MC. Scholes hasn't done great since coming back, so he isn't 1st team atm.

I'm getting Rooney and Matty to swap positions during the game, which is working well too. So if you love VDV, then use Matty on the wing or upfront (or use 2 AMCs icon_wink.gif )

b101: Sell Carrick or Banega, you don't need both.

As for Arsenal, they gave me my first defeat in the league yesterday. Play OK in it and a draw was a fair result, but they scored a penalty in the 92nd minute icon_mad.gif I'm still a point ahead of them anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well can get one of each for around 9,5 million. So i'll do that.

Next question: Fred vs. Pandev Vs. Benzema ? first season

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i need a proper class MC it seems to support my wingers as Adrien, Banega, Camacho & Gibson aren't good enough atm and came across this player called Nocerino and have been told by Palermo i will need to spend £12.25M to get him

Nocerino Stats

12222007210716lz9.th.jpg

worth it?

There's another guy who's much better at Juve. Pretty similar to him but better. He's called Marchisio. I haven't bought him but that's only because I've been trying to see if Gibson, Hewson and some of my other youth are good enough. Gibson's stats are going down though. And Anderson sucks balls. He's useless. Great at the start but now he's crap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anderson > every other midfielder in the game

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Barnet

Matias Fernandez does the buisness there, Look at Gio Dos Santos, Sergio Aguero, Arjen Robben, Wesley Snjeider(SP) ,

JE

Dos Santos i'm signing on a free un the summer, Aguero i like but mainly as a striker and atm there is no way he would beat Tevez or Rooney, Robben is a winger? & Sneijder would be a perfect choice as i am holland manager but he loves madrid icon_frown.gif

Right boys,

Quick question, I've just reached January in my first season and Valencia have tabled a bid of £20M for Vidic. He hasnt been playing too great in recent weeks and I can buy Criscito for around £10M. Or I could see what City want for Richards, bringing in an Englishman would be better me thinks, but he'll no doubt be out of my price range. What do you reckon? Vidic leaving would mean (if Criscito or Richards came in) I'd have a defence looking something like:

Evra - Pique/Criscito or Richards (Rotating) - Ferdinand/Evans (Evans understudy for a few seasons) - Neville/Hutton

Hmmm.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

Right boys,

Quick question, I've just reached January in my first season and Valencia have tabled a bid of £20M for Vidic. He hasnt been playing too great in recent weeks and I can buy Criscito for around £10M. Or I could see what City want for Richards, bringing in an Englishman would be better me thinks, but he'll no doubt be out of my price range. What do you reckon? Vidic leaving would mean (if Criscito or Richards came in) I'd have a defence looking something like:

Evra - Pique/Criscito or Richards (Rotating) - Ferdinand/Evans (Evans understudy for a few seasons) - Neville/Hutton

Hmmm.

Criscito has poor jumping, and not the best heading either. I would play him as LB tbh.

But try barzagli instead of vidic then ?. Or simply just keep vidic he's amazin

1st Half Of Season Update

Squad

musquadml2.th.jpg

League

Leagues has been easy so far P20 - W18 - D1 - L1

Transfers

In

John Fleck - Rangers - 275K

Mamadou - PSG - Free

Christopher Samba - Blackburn - 1.1M

Ever Banega - Boca - 4M

Armand Traore - Arsenal - 3M

Out

Darren Flecther - Tottenham - 11M

Louis Saha - Barcelona - 9M

January Targets

I would like a new striker as i only have Rooney and Tevez, I can use Giggs and Ronaldo but a new one is needed. I would also like a new winger, not sure who though. And finally i would like a new keeper to replace Kuzcrap (Foster is replacing VDS) I would like everyone to be young so I'm thinking of

Striker - Briand

Winger - Any Help

Keeper - Ochoa ?

I have 15M to spend

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Squad

musquadml2.th.jpg

League

Transfers

In

Mamadou - PSG - Free

Ever Banega - Boca - 4M

Out

January Targets

I would like a new striker as i only have Rooney and Tevez, I can use Giggs and Ronaldo but a new one is needed. I would also like a new winger, not sure who though. And finally i would like a new keeper to replace Kuzcrap (Foster is replacing VDS) I would like everyone to be young so I'm thinking of

Striker - Briand

Winger - Any Help

Keeper - Ochoa ?

I have 15M to spend

andres guranado. ready made winger to replace giggs.

Just started season 5 in a very positive manor.

Rooney scored all my goals in a 4-1 victory over Chelsea in the Community Shield. He contineud his form by scoring twice against Sunderland and I won 2-0 once more against West Ham with Ronaldo scoring both goals. Next stop Chelsea, again. icon_wink.gif

I've also heavily improved my squad signing:

Ronaldinho £16m (31 now though)

Vela £3m (in compensation)

Van Persie (his contract expired)

Toni Kroos (expired contract)

Dominguez £12.25m (regan keeper)

Matias Fernandes £10.5 (he was unsettled)

And I still have a budget of over £100m.

icon_biggrin.gif

Andrea Pirlo (2.6 Million , 16 per weeks)Now worth 11 million at the tender age of 30 but signed when 29. Playing wonderful Football.

Amazing Bargain

Rafael Vander Vaart is up for sale for 5.6 another abousloute bargain but trying to negition his contract atm hard stuff

Rooney was lethal for me in my first season but after that he just lost his pop. I ended up playing him in AMC with Anderson in my last 5 games cause Briand has been... well, inconsistent to be honest. If he scores then he gets 3-4, otherwise he just doesn't bother.

And how do you get a budget of over 100mil? I'm lucky if they give me 30mil and thats when i get 2 trophies at least a season. I don't sell my top players because most of them are the best in the game so whats the point?

Originally posted by Sheps.:

Right boys,

Hmmm.

Another one trying to sell one of the best 'original' Utd players icon_mad.gificon13.gif

I can't believe Vidic isn't doing well for you. He got p!ssed off with me at the start of my game for not letting him get a transfer, but has played really well despite not having good morale. Because of his good form, I praised him and I'm now in his favoured personnel but he still wants to leave icon_confused.gif

In response to gandycoleuk. John Fleck and Henri Saviet are definate top class players. There's a brazialian who is supposed to be good beginging with L... i forget.

Other than that the rest of the kids you could want are already at Utd. Maybe steal some ones from Real if you want quicker results cause they're already first class.

If you're really into the nurturing process like most of us here then best thing to do is get the Genie scout/Mini Scout and find some regens. They will be the ones with most potential cause the game throws up some crazy kids all the time

Just had a bid of £4.5m for Fernando Belluschi accepted. Just wanted to know if anyone has bought him for United on FM08 and how well he did for you?

Also that would leave me around £8.5m to spend on a much needed striker for the squad. Any suggestions on who I could buy for immediate results? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Hartboi:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9979/teamnov08ct9.jpg

Here's my current team in my 1st season.

Sold a couple of players (Fletcher, Carrick etc) and bought a few in (Pandev).

Any must have players? to improve my current team

and, anyone know any decent youngester that will be excellent in couple of seasons (2-3)

Get someone to replace Carrick and get another winger unless you play Andy there. May as well buy Fernandez and sell Saha.

Originally posted by Hartboi:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9979/teamnov08ct9.jpg

Here's my current team in my 1st season.

Sold a couple of players (Fletcher, Carrick etc) and bought a few in (Pandev).

Any must have players? to improve my current team

and, anyone know any decent youngester that will be excellent in couple of seasons (2-3)

Hey mate, what tactic are you using for united?

hey guys,

just a quick question here.

How do you guys set up personal instruction for rooney and tevez (both playing at FC position)..

because i constantly getting 6 for both of them unless they score of course.

i would like to have them sometimes drop deep to get the ball but from all the highlights they just sitting ducks in front line..

any idea on mentality,CF,and other instruction?

thank you in advance..

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD

Originally posted by Vcys86:

hey guys,

How do you guys set up personal instruction for rooney and tevez (both playing at FC position)..

i would like to have them sometimes drop deep to get the ball but from all the highlights they just sitting ducks in front line..

thank you in advance..

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD

When i play as united i set them up so one is making runs and the other drops depp and then have them swap positions. If they are playing too advanced like you say then drop their forward runs and mentality, or do this to one and leave the other and then get them to swap positions.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Squad

musquadml2.th.jpg

League

Transfers

In

Mamadou - PSG - Free

Ever Banega - Boca - 4M

Out

January Targets

Striker - Briand

Winger - Any Help

Keeper - Ochoa ?

I have 15M to spend

What tactic are you using mate?

hmm even though I came on here yesterday saying I think I have too many centre-backs - I just found this guy available on a free, labelled as a wonderkid

pichuso1.th.png

Just wondering if any of you have any experiences with him, and if so, is he better than Pique? I've already decided against Evans as apparently he won't improve any further

Originally posted by b101:

hmm even though I came on here yesterday saying I think I have too many centre-backs - I just found this guy available on a free, labelled as a wonderkid

pichuso1.th.png

Just wondering if any of you have any experiences with him, and if so, is he better than Pique? I've already decided against Evans as apparently he won't improve any further

I'd get him, looks as good as Pique if not better. Doesn't look as good in my game, but I'm scouting him. I'm also trying to see what a young DC called Breno is like as Arsenal are after him.

Originally posted by wizkid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Squad

musquadml2.th.jpg

League

Transfers

In

Mamadou - PSG - Free

Ever Banega - Boca - 4M

Out

January Targets

Striker - Briand

Winger - Any Help

Keeper - Ochoa ?

I have 15M to spend

What tactic are you using mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

----GK----

-DR-DC-DC-DL

-MR--MC--MR-

----AMC----

--FC--FC--

Originally posted by crazy gra:

I'd get him, looks as good as Pique if not better. Doesn't look as good in my game, but I'm scouting him. I'm also trying to see what a young DC called Breno is like as Arsenal are after him.

Breno's mint - get him icon_smile.gif - cheers for advice again

End of Winter Transfer Window

Squad

12242007165547bd4.th.jpg

Transfers In

Juan José Martínez García - Real Madrid - £0

Gabriel Torje - Poli 1921 - £3.8M

Javier Mascherano - Sevilla - £10M

Henrik Larsson - Derby - £0

Jozy Altidore - NY Bulls - £0

Silva - Valencia - £34.5M icon_cool.gif

Transfers/Loan Out

Anderson - Braca - £20M

Petri Pasanen - Aston Villa - £5M

Louis Saha - Pompey - £2.5M

Mauro Zárate - Arsenal - £3.9M + 20M after 1 international apperence

Camacho - Brondby (Feeder club loan)

Altidore - Antwerp (WP Needed)

Corry Evans - Scunthorpe (first team action)

Brandy, Edwards, Cathcart, Franks & Lansbury - Cork City (Feeder club / first team action)

Future Transfers In

Giovanni Dos Santos - Barca - £0 icon_cool.gif

League becoming a piece of pish atm but teh champions league could be tough with a tie against Real Madrid and face Watford (FA Cup 5th Rnd) & Chelsea in a league cup final icon_mad.gif

looking to blood a few youngsters into the team (mainly Zeefuik)

looking to get Fabregas in the summer as he is upset about not being able to join my united team icon_biggrin.gif i guess about 70M will get him

Unfortunately I got a few days away so no FM for me. But thought I will show my team. It will display only those in the starting lineups and not the many great players out on loan currently who could fit in my team if I had space.

League Side. Cup Side

GK: Foster Corradini

DR: Simpson Bardsley

DL: Evra Fabio (Actually doing quite well)

DC: Ferdinand Jonathon Evans

DC: Vidic Pique

MR: Ronaldo Nani

ML: Messi Dos Santos

MC: Hargraeves Benaga

AMC: Rooney Van Der Vaart (Free transfer this season)

AMC: Tevez Bojan (Free transfer this season)

FW: Rossi Buonanotte

Backups

Gibson (may sell hargraeves if can get near 20mill in january and get gibson a starting position)

Kroos (Lost out due to the Messi transfer)

Saviet (May actually take VDV position if he dont pick up soon as 4 goals in 3(1) games covering injuries)

Anderson (lost out due to free transfers)

Currently a little annoyed. Cathcart was meant to be getting some first team games this season when westham came in for him. Told them I wanted 15million + 50% thinking they would not agree to it. Unfortunately I didnt pay attention to the fact that they did and the board accepted it (he was only worth 2.5mill at time.) and he went before i could give him another offer. Still, decent money for him but was gonna be part of the majorly english team I was going to try get going in a few years for European games.

I got quality all through my team and so far so good in this 4th season. Undefeated in all competitions, scoring 3 goals or more in 10 of 13 games. This includes 4-1 against arsenal in charity shield, 3-1 against arsenal in league (popular score for me as 6 games I won 3-1), and the highest scoring game is the cup team in europe. 7-1 against Spartak Moscow.

I sold Zarate to Chelsea as I wanted to see how well he could truelly do and knew Bojan would be taking his spot. he went for 10mill + 10mill after 10 league goals + 50% sell on. Well he scored 6 in 8 games, if include the 2 european matches it is 10 in 10. So he truelly is a great, but I made a nice profit on him and Chelsea are weak in the forward line so Im not worried about them too much.

Carrick went to Everton for 12million + 50% sell on as just no space for him and it the older players losing out.

Rio would go but no one interested in paying decent money and Vidic I like to much to let go. Also like my league team to resemble the current players for a bit longer anyways icon_smile.gif

It be hard to better the quad of last year, but with extra european/world club games it is possible. Already won the super cup 3-1 against zaragoza so well on the way icon_smile.gif

Have a good christmas everyone and i try hop on a pc some point in next few days to see how everyone else is doing.

Originally posted by Vcys86:

hey guys,

thank you in advance..

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD

to fully maximise the potential of ur 2 forwards, get rooney to play amc role and move to FC position when attacking. for tevez, just leave him in front of rooney. everyone knows rooney like to go deep into the midfield. this works weel for mi. they can seriously work well with one another. 2 of them scored about 24 each in the league.

lol sry forgive my bad english. i come from a foreign country.

i've just finished my season with man utd. won the premier league and FA cup. sold fletcher to sevilla for 20.5mil pound and also vidic to barcelona for 34.75mil. bought huntelaar for 9mil. regretting it cos he only acored 2 in 10 appearances. perhaps he has not settled into man utd. tevez won european player of the year and golden boot award. rooney, anderson, giggs and ronaldo won some other award too. 8 of my players got into the team of the year list and of this group, 7 was in first team. i won manager of the year. stadium was expanded to 100,000 plus seats. i also came from behind to win real madrid 5-2 when i was 0-2 in half time.

have over 70 mil pound of transfer kitty for my next season. gonna buy kaka soon. fabregas is amazing but arsenal wouldn't sell him cos of my bad relationship with arsene wenger.

this was what i have achieved during my first season with man utd.

Archived