FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive had this game since the day it came out, yet ive only just started second season .........

anyway, my team

gk. francisco ochoa, kuzsczak, foster

dr. neville, simpson, brown, o shea

dl. evra, o shea ( got bale coming in january )

dc. vidic, evans, vanden borre, o shea

mr. ronaldo, morais, cafu ( last resort, i use him to tutor youngsters )

ml. nani, giggs, morais

dm. hargreaves, vanden borre, o shea

am. anderson, morais, tevez, scholes

st. tevez, rooney, huntelaar, morais

any tips on improvements, also, please dont say " get rid of simpson" cus hes shaping up to be a brilliant successor to g.neville. thanks

Use AVB as a right winger, not a defender, especially not a centre half! Sell Kuszcrap and O'Shea and buy another DM/MCd. Why sell Carrick and Rio?

Originally posted by Swordsaman:

looks like i gtg find a good backup for ronaldo..

£40m for Nani is great anyway. Still have Martin? You can use him for cheap or else buy Fernandez.
He got unsettled as Barca and Milan were after him and he handed in a transfer request \o/
Excellent! I've got a network game starting soon. I'm Juve and my mates are Palermo and Fiorentina. I'd really like Barzagli and plan on unsettling him myself, but wouldn't mind too much if one of my mates gets screwed by him going elsewhere.

Originally posted by Swordsaman:

looks like i gtg find a good backup for ronaldo..

£40m for Nani is great anyway. Still have Martin? You can use him for cheap or else buy Fernandez.

ermm does you mean matias fernadez ?? i use him as amc..im looking for a good right winger backup for ronaldo.. i had andres guarado as left winger..

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Use AVB as a right winger, not a defender, especially not a centre half! Sell Kuszcrap and O'Shea and buy another DM/MCd. Why sell Carrick and Rio?

sold carrick cus he never performed well for me, ditto ferdinand, if i use avb on right wing, wheres ronaldo gonna play? who do u suggest to buy as a backup for hardgreaves??

Originally posted by lee_the_pea:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

sold carrick cus he never performed well for me, ditto ferdinand, if i use avb on right wing, wheres ronaldo gonna play? who do u suggest to buy as a backup for hardgreaves?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Use AVB as Ronaldo backup. Or put Ronaldo on the left.

Lucas looks very good to replace Carrick with. Perhaps Sunny or Mikel (even though he's a ****).

Originally posted by fmmatt:

has anybody had their stadium expanded to more than 100k yet+ Even though i get 96-98k average attendance and am in a good financial position the board refuse to expand?

IIRC on the editor it says Old Trafford can only be expanded to 100k.

Hey guys, halfway through the 1st season and here's my squad's progress so far:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedjanuaryxk5.jpg

Kuszczak and Park Ji-Sung should be returning soon and Tevez is still another month off after breaking his foot in October.

In the league, I'm 5 points behind leaders Chelsea after some needless draws against Derby and Birmingham, got Chelsea in the League Cup semis coming up and got Marseille in the Champions League knockout stages.

Palacio was my only signing and it's fair to say that he has been a decent signing, not just with his goals but his creativity shining through (12 assists so far).

Got some offers in for Silvestre and aiming to get Vasco's Guilherme as his replacement. This would be a good signing as all the major clubs (both Milans, Barca and Real) are after him.

What do you guys think of my progress so far and should I make any improvements in the transfer window as I have around £12m to spend?

Guys,

Just finished my first season and been given £35M to spend, and I've sold two players to raise another £7M on top of that. The question is though, Aguero has signed a new contract with a release fee clause of £25.5M, should I go for him? Normally I wouldnt take another look because I dont like signing players that everyone signs, but Aguero just looks too good to miss.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

Guys,

Just finished my first season and been given £35M to spend, and I've sold two players to raise another £7M on top of that. The question is though, Aguero has signed a new contract with a release fee clause of £25.5M, should I go for him? Normally I wouldnt take another look because I dont like signing players that everyone signs, but Aguero just looks too good to miss.

Definetly buy him at that price. He got 50 in 48 games for me as At.Madrid.

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Kuszczak and Park Ji-Sung should be returning soon and Tevez is still another month off after breaking his foot in October.

In the league, I'm 5 points behind leaders Chelsea after some needless draws against Derby and Birmingham, got Chelsea in the League Cup semis coming up and got Marseille in the Champions League knockout stages.

Palacio was my only signing and it's fair to say that he has been a decent signing, not just with his goals but his creativity shining through (12 assists so far).

Got some offers in for Silvestre and aiming to get Vasco's Guilherme as his replacement. This would be a good signing as all the major clubs (both Milans, Barca and Real) are after him.

What do you guys think of my progress so far and should I make any improvements in the transfer window as I have around £12m to spend?

Any suggestions guys? icon14.gif

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Don't know what Guilherme is like on your game but he doesn't look great on mine (might be a better winger). I'd go for Chiellini when you can afford him. Silvestre always does a good job as a backup.

And with Tevez out, you should be playing Saha a lot more. I've been using him in LC and CL games and he's been banging them in.

Hello everyone icon_smile.gif

Alright, so I'm in my 2010/2011 year.

Team

The team hasn't been playing as expected. Conceding goals as well as scoring, the formation seem as if it's cracking part. What kind of tactics do you think would work with the sort of players i have?

Ins Summer2010:

Banega- 9.5m

Bojan- Free

Akinfeev- 16.5m

Who else do you think would be a good addition to my team?

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Hi!

Finished my 1st season as Man Utd, a relatively successful one, but it could've been a lot better...

We won the league 4 with 4 games to spare, but in the last 4 we only won once. That is an issue I'll have to work with in the future. I don't know what happened towards the end of the season but after securing the league we managed to get kicked out of the FA Cup semis by Newcastle and the Champions League semis by Barcelona despite winning at Nou Camp in the first leg...

If you add to that that we lost in our second League Cup match against City and in the Community Shield, the fact that we won the league so dominantly only makes the season look decent, not great in any way...

In the first season I signed Saivet, Bouzanis and Aissati. The first two are in the youth squad (Saivet out for 6 months) and Aissati is a solid backup for the first team.

In the second season I sold Park Ji Sung and probably Kuszcak is on his way out aswell. I also wanted to sell O'Shea and Saha, but they are not wanted. On the other hand I bought Aaron Lennon and Oscar Ustari each for about 15 million and Jermaine Defoe as a backup for 1.6 million. Zaccardo came in on a bosman. I also want Aguero but he's too expensive

Originally posted by JawKam:

Team

The team hasn't been playing as expected. Conceding goals as well as scoring, the formation seem as if it's cracking part. What kind of tactics do you think would work with the sort of players i have?

Ins Summer2010:

Banega- 9.5m

Bojan- Free

Akinfeev- 16.5m

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

How do you get those extra panels such as condition, av. rating and form on to the tactics screen?

Got a chance to sign Alberto Zapater from Zaragoza for £7m in January 2008.

Is is worth buying him with Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Fletcher already vying for two spots.

AC Milan have just bid for him and it would probably be the best chance to get him.

What do you think guys?

Zapater's technical attributes aren't good enough for my liking.

Originally posted by JawKam:

Team

Ins Summer2010:

Banega- 9.5m

Bojan- Free

Akinfeev- 16.5m

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Get some better full backs. Brown is alright and Bale and De Silvestri might be OK, but you can certainly do a lot better. Alves and Chiellini/buy Evra back are your best options.

Heaton to Wycombe icon14.gif although you should have done the same with Evans.

You could have got Saivet and Sahko for £0 + 10%. Screenshots of Saivet, Torje, Cassani, Stancu and Kroos please. If Cassani's that good, then you may as well sell Brown.

And please don't tell me you purposely wrote "teh"?

Screenshots of Saivet, Torje, Cassani, Stancu and Kroos please

Cassani

12272007204850os5.th.jpg

My scout thinks he can be better than Neville.

Stancu

12272007205045ju6.th.jpg

Can be a good PL ST in the (icon_wink.gif) future.

Kroos

12272007205301uo7.th.jpg

Can be better than Scholes icon_eek.gif

Torje

12272007205630ds8.th.jpg

Good back up and looked brilliant in my other save in 2013. Can be a good player in the future.

Saivet

12272007205652mx6.th.jpg

Looks fb for a 16 year old.

Can be a leading PL ST in the future.

what are the best team instructions for United? I'm at the start of the first season and have conceded 10 and lost 2 while chelsea have only conceded 3 or 4. I want to keep a tight defence while having my attcking players mudering teams. How do i do this?

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

what are the best team instructions for United? I'm at the start of the first season and have conceded 10 and lost 2 while chelsea have only conceded 3 or 4. I want to keep a tight defence while having my attcking players mudering teams. How do i do this?

Chelsea seem to be able to keep shop shut in first season most times I have started a new game. No matter how strong I do they always seem to let in fewer goals. In one game they went till about 7 games remaining and had only conceeded 1 goal, so i wouldnt bother about compare yourself to them. As long as you keep the wins coming even if conceeding I wouldnt be too bothered.

My instructions are pretty standard.

DC play with sliders in middle for mentality, freedom and tackling. Passing is 4 from middle (believe it 2nd direct). FR, RWB, LS on rare, Through balls/cross mixed. Zonal marking with no tight marking.

Fullbacks are more attacking. Mentality is 3 clicks towards attacking (still on normal, 1 from attacking). CF is middle as is tackling. Passing is 1 click into short, FR often, RWB mixed, shots rarely, through ball mixed and cross often.

Mentality is indvidually set for the whole team but other then centre back/keeper it all towards the attacking end. This season (2010) I have only let in 9 goals in the league and currently undefeated in 17 games (16w, 1d).

I find a must is to either have a DM (get low ratings even if do good job) or a CM barrowed to DM. Seems to be a good way to limit the oppositions chances... that said, a good keeper is still a must but VDS should be plenty good enough in first season.

Originally posted by Hartboi:

Is buying Van der Vaart for 13M a good deal?

I got him on a free in 2010. He is part of my cup team. As such he has played 14(1) scored 6, assisted 7.

Not a bad return, but had a couple players that havent liked him. He appears to have a poor attituded. He was complained at HSV from the first season till he came to me on a free at end of his contract. Probably worth the 13mill, he worth 17mill almost on mine and doesnt play to much compared to what most would play him.

Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Screenshots of Saivet, Torje, Cassani, Stancu and Kroos please

Kroos

12272007205301uo7.th.jpg

Can be better than Scholes icon_eek.gif

Saivet

Looks fb for a 16 year old.

Can be a leading PL ST in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

these are screenshot of them two on 01/01/11.

Saviet

Kroos

Archived