FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Screenshots of Saivet, Torje, Cassani, Stancu and Kroos please

Kroos

12272007205301uo7.th.jpg

Can be better than Scholes icon_eek.gif

Saivet

Looks fb for a 16 year old.

Can be a leading PL ST in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

these are screenshot of them two on 01/01/11.

Saviet

Kroos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They look really good and are both just 20. Thanks for those btw icon14.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, Saha has been nagging me for a transfer and what I wanted to know was what the biggest fee that you got for him was?

And also, when he is sold, who can buy as replacement? Ive already got Palacio as well as Rooney and Tevez and I also have the likes of Saivet and Torje for the future.

Any suggestions as who to buy is very much appreciated icon14.gif

Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Screenshots of Saivet, Torje, Cassani, Stancu and Kroos please

Cassani

My scout thinks he can be better than Neville.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>He may have potential, but he's not going to unleash it at that age is he? The others look good, though icon14.gif

Get Sakho too. £0 + 10%

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Hey guys, Saha has been nagging me for a transfer and what I wanted to know was what the biggest fee that you got for him was?

And also, when he is sold, who can buy as replacement? Ive already got Palacio as well as Rooney and Tevez and I also have the likes of Saivet and Torje for the future.

Owen for Englishness, or Aguero for bestness.

Originally posted by wizkid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JawKam:

Hello everyone icon_smile.gif

Alright, so I'm in my 2010/2011 year.

Team

The team hasn't been playing as expected. Conceding goals as well as scoring, the formation seem as if it's cracking part. What kind of tactics do you think would work with the sort of players i have?

Ins Summer2010:

Banega- 9.5m

Bojan- Free

Akinfeev- 16.5m

Who else do you think would be a good addition to my team?

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

How do you get those extra panels such as condition, av. rating and form on to the tactics screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone know how to get this on screen? Very useful to have

Into my 3rd season now.

My Team:

GK: Ustari / Kuschaz

DR: Alves / Neville / Brown

DL: Evra / Marcelo / O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand / Vidic / Pique / Evans / Cathcart

MR: Ronaldo / Gyan / Welback

ML: Giggs / Marcelo

MC: Scholes / Anderson / Kroos / Carrick / Haegraves / De Rossi

FC: Gyan / Huntaler / Rooney / Okkaa (Roma - on loan)

Neville and Ferdinaned is still good for me.. though giggs is getting too slow for a ML ..

Rooney and Ronaldo is wonderful !

Any comments ?

Originally posted by alex1982:

Into my 3rd season now.

My Team:

GK: Ustari / Kuschaz

DR: Alves / Neville / Brown

DL: Evra / Marcelo / O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand / Vidic / Pique / Evans / Cathcart

MR: Ronaldo / Gyan / Welback

ML: Giggs / Marcelo

MC: Scholes / Anderson / Kroos / Carrick / Haegraves / De Rossi

FC: Gyan / Huntaler / Rooney / Okkaa (Roma - on loan)

Neville and Ferdinaned is still good for me.. though giggs is getting too slow for a ML ..

Rooney and Ronaldo is wonderful !

Any comments ?

Get a better backup keeper than Kuszcrap. Where's Foster?

Get a left winger to replace Giggs. Sell Carrick now you have De Rossi and get another ST.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

Cassani

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>He may have potential, but he's not going to unleash it at that age is he? The others look good, though icon14.gif

Get Sakho too. £0 + 10% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a screenie of him in my other game in 2009:

12282007110106xf5.th.jpg

Looks pretty good and has improved a lot tbh.

Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Cassani

Get Sakho too. £0 + 10% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a screenie of him in my other game in 2009:

12282007110106xf5.th.jpg

Looks pretty good and has improved a lot tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still not good enough mentally or technically for that matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Owen for Englishness, or Aguero for bestness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aguero went to Barca in January 2008 and Owen's a bit out of mt price range atm.

I've got around £12m to spend coming towards the end of the 1st season. Any other alternatives? Basically looking for a target man with some pace as I have many creative-type strikers already. Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Owen for Englishness, or Aguero for bestness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aguero went to Barca in January 2008 and Owen's a bit out of mt price range atm.

I've got around £12m to spend coming towards the end of the 1st season. Any other alternatives? Basically looking for a target man with some pace as I have many creative-type strikers already. Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO you don't need any

Well apparently so but Newcastle are challenging for 4th spot and that seems to have kept Owen happy, signing a new contract in the process. Adriano's way too expensive as he is lethal atm with Ibrahimovic and Gomez does'nt really appeal to me.

But Doyle, although he moved to Middlesbrough in January, could be bought as Boro are struggling to stay in the Premiership and I also like the look of Gyan and also Jo from CSKA.

I'm gonna see how the season pans out for now as my squad are going for the quadruple. A major obstacle has just been put in my way as Ronaldo has just broken his toe icon_frown.gif and is out for 2 months. In March 2008 now, will come back with an end of season update..............

Right, got a plan for 8.0.2 when it comes out (should be February). I'll hopefully finish my first season on my 8.0.1 game before that, but 8.0.2 will be my long term game and I'm planning - through lots of arse-kissing/bidding/general unsettling - to get a sqaud something like (using a 4-4-1-1):

GK: Cech, Foster (3rd choice will be someone like Amos or a regen)

Defenders: Alves, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Breno, Barzagli, Sakho, Evra

Centre Mids: Hargreaves, Lucas, Andy, Kaka

Wingers: Ronaldo, Messi, Andy, Fernandez

Strikers: Rooney, Tevez, Aguero.

The only place I'm not sure on is defence. Is Sakho going to be good enough? Is there a better young DLC? And the four centre halves are probably too much, but Barzagli looks awesome and my scouts think Breno (going to Bayern in Jan IRL) could be immense.

Well apparently so but Newcastle are challenging for 4th spot and that seems to have kept Owen happy, signing a new contract in the process. Adriano's way too expensive as he is lethal atm with Ibrahimovic and Gomez does'nt really appeal to me.

But Doyle, although he moved to Middlesbrough in January, could be bought as Boro are struggling to stay in the Premiership and I also like the look of Gyan and also Jo from CSKA.

How about Amauri from Palermo? Looks like a very good STb.

nnever look at the advice to offload. It seems this is based on your current best people at the club, and as they will never be nearly as good advice be to let them leave.

What I look at is the "be a decent premiership player" type comments. If it mentions premiership I generally will keep them as there a chance they be a good player, and when they reach early 20s you can basically make a call on how much better they get yourself.

Originally posted by xx11:

nnever look at the advice to offload. It seems this is based on your current best people at the club, and as they will never be nearly as good advice be to let them leave.

What I look at is the "be a decent premiership player" type comments. If it mentions premiership I generally will keep them as there a chance they be a good player, and when they reach early 20s you can basically make a call on how much better they get yourself.

Gah, wrong thread. sorry about that !

Right, got a plan for 8.0.2 when it comes out (should be February). I'll hopefully finish my first season on my 8.0.1 game before that, but 8.0.2 will be my long term game and I'm planning - through lots of arse-kissing/bidding/general unsettling - to get a sqaud something like (using a 4-4-1-1):

GK: Cech, Foster (3rd choice will be someone like Amos or a regen)

Defenders: Alves, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Breno, Barzagli, Sakho, Evra

Centre Mids: Hargreaves, Lucas, Andy, Kaka

Wingers: Ronaldo, Messi, Andy, Fernandez

Strikers: Rooney, Tevez, Aguero.

The only place I'm not sure on is defence. Is Sakho going to be good enough? Is there a better young DLC? And the four centre halves are probably too much, but Barzagli looks awesome and my scouts think Breno (going to Bayern in Jan IRL) could be immense.

Sahko is nowhere near good enough. I've got him and he's good defensively but his attacking technical stats, mental stats and his physical stats aren't really good enough for me. Evra is the best LB I've ever had. Maybe Chiellini comes close. And I'd only buy Barzagli if I had to sell Vidic or Ferdinand because of the talent that's already there.

Anyway I've got 2 delayed transfers in Breno and Banega, both for £5m. Problem is that they both have alot of competition in their positions. Breno has Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Brown, Evans and Cathcart. The 2 expendable ones are Pique and Cathcart.

With Banega he has Hargreaves, Carrick, Gibson and about 3 youth players that I bought. Gibson isn't much mentally, Carrick can't get in the team and doesn't do anything much and the youth players don't look as good as Banega. But Banega isn't great defensively either. Mentally technically and physically. But I need someone to challenge Hargreaves and Gibson isn't good enough atm. Though Ritchie Jones looks ffffb defensively he can't contribute anything in attack. Any other suggestions? Apart from Gago.

Might get Chiellini instead of Sakho - I suppose he's young too. Might as well get Sakho anyway seeing as I can get him for free.

Breno looks great and is 19. Scouts rate his potential highly too, so I'm thinking of ditching Pique and getting him. I'd like to keep Evans seeing as he's British, so I recommend you do the same.

Likewise with Gibson, I don't want to sell him until he's at least 24 if he isn't good enough. He's more of an attacking midfielder, so don't compare him to DMs, even though he can do a job there if needed IMO. I doubt Ritchie Jones is (or will be) good enough. Gago is like Banega - both DMs, but don't have a good defensive side to their game and are more like AMs. Go for Lucas like I mentioned above. He might be at Liverpool, but I don't care if he's good enough. It'll also weaken them. My scout reckons he'd be interested, but I'll quite happily use Carrick until I unsettle him. If not him, then Cattermole to keep things English - good ability at the start and I think he actually has a decent PA unlike on 07.

Hmmmm...I'll just wait until the end of the season and see if Mascherano comes. Lucas really hasn't impressed when he's played against me. And Cattermole just isn't good enough sadly. I shall buy Breno though. I'll loan Pique and Evans out until I decide who to sell out of Ferdinand and Brown.

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

Has anyone had back to back fixtures with the other big 3 and citeh? How do you change it?

What are the best team instructions for replicating real life?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never heard of this before.

It all depends on what team you are

Has anyone had back to back fixtures with the other big 3 and citeh? How do you change it?

What are the best team instructions for replicating real life?

My tactic comes very close to replicating real life. Ronnie got 30 goals last season. This season, he's almost scored every game so far till January.

Uhmmm... Where can I upload the tactic? Anyone?

just post a pic of team instructions

Here... Tac.

The wide AMCs swap positions. All 3 AMCs are given long shots & through balls instructions.

MC(fletcher) is also having long shots freedom on a neutral mentality.

The FBs are set to cross from Deep towards TM.

CBs play ultra defensive, no non-sense instructions.

Hope it helps... icon14.gif

Page ruined, hopefully nearly on to another one soon anyway.

What were your transfers in/out? Mainly I'm interested in costs/prices.

Might as well have sold Kuszcrap if you bought Enyeama and you should have bought a MCd in if you sold Carrick. And you should have sold O'Shea instead of Silvestre.

Archived