• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hartboi:

Sorry about that.

No major ones for my second season.

Here's my first season:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/441/transfersinout07vf4.jpg

You sold pretty much everyone for too little, especially Park and Carrick. I just sold Park for £7.5m in Jan.

I doubt you need Enyeama AND Grohe. £9m is way too much for Arouca and you could have got Sakho for free. £15m is quite a bit for Pandev, although he is good, I think there's some cheaper options than him like Amauri, Fernandez and maybe Owen. Any chance of screenshots of the new keepers?

£20m for Evra or Nani isn't good enough, no. You can certainly get a lot more for Nani and Evra is an awesome left back, don't sell him.

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

just post a pic of team instructions

Here... Tac.

The wide AMCs swap positions. All 3 AMCs are given long shots & through balls instructions.

MC(fletcher) is also having long shots freedom on a neutral mentality.

The FBs are set to cross from Deep towards TM.

CBs play ultra defensive, no non-sense instructions.

Hope it helps... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of the team instructions and instructions for each player/position?

And how much did you pay for Huntelaar? Do you use him as a TM and get him to head goals in?

Just finished the 1st season with United and it's fair to say it had its highs and lows alright. Here is my final squad for season 07/08:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedmay2008tx7.jpg

Of all the summer signings, Palacio was my favourite, clearly taking advantage of Tevez's broken foot. Another new player caught the eye as Nani exceeded my expectations as he was one to bed in but had to step up late on in the absence of Ronaldo. Tevez was disappointing before his injury so what I wanted to know was what instructions you guys set for him to get the best out of him?

As regards to transfer business, I've sold O'Shea (£5.5m) and Saha (£4.5m) to Portsmouth and Roma respectively. I've used some of that money to sign Valon Behrami from Lazio for £7.5m and another £7.5m over 12 months. He looks an absolute beast and my scouts strongly recommended him, has anyone else on here had him in their United team? He looks a future replacement for Giggs who is slowly declining. Im thinking about probably just one more signing which would be a striker to replace Saha next season.

If anyone thinks I should strengthen elsewhere and general changing of my squad, feel free to give suggestions icon14.gif

Here is what happened in the competitions:

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivision0re1.jpg

I don't know how I lost this title as I was 4 points behind Chelsea with two games in hand and a far better goal difference. But my team let a 2-0 lead slip late on at Everton and they were then too exhausted to beat West Ham a few days later. I was absolutely devastated! icon_frown.gif Hopefully next season I should reclaim the League back.

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdvrmadridchampionsik7.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a more tense and at times breathtaking European Cup Final. Both keepers were magnificent but van der Sar made two penalty saves to win the trophy. But getting to Moscow was also very difficult. My group contained Sevilla, Kiev and Sporting and although I did'nt win any games away, my home form was fortunately 100% strong. I easily disposed of both Marseille and Schalke in the last 16 and quarter-finals respectively. I got Barcelona and after narrowly winning the home leg, my side went to the Camp Nou and did this icon_cool.gif

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barcelonavmanutdbestresnt9.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutdvblackburncarlingaa6.jpg

My first trophy and it was just like watching United in their comeback days. Santa Cruz had scored two ridiculously good goals but my players pulled it back to 2-2 late on. I was just happy to get back in the final and was preparing myself for extra-time only for Rooney to score a stunning 30-yard winner in the 93rd minute! icon_biggrin.gif On the way to Wembley, highlights included an extra-time victory over local rivals City, victory over Arsenal at the Emirates and a wonderful semi-final win over Chelsea.

The FA Cup was my poor showing for this season and even then I got to the semi-finals where Aston Villa did exactly what I did to Blackburn in the Carling Cup Final. It was not a very good feeling I must admit but Villa fell to Arsenal in the final.

Some notable individual achievements:

English Footballer of the Year 3rd Place - Wayne Rooney

Players' Player of the Year - Cristiano Ronaldo

Players' Player of the Year 3rd Place - Paul Scholes

Manager of the Year 2nd Place - Faiz Khan

Team of the Year - Rio Ferdinand, Cristiano Ronaldo & Wayne Rooney

Champions League Best Player - Cristiano Ronaldo

Champions League Best Player 2nd Place - Paul Scholes

Champions League Best Player 3rd Place - Wayne Rooney

Champions League Golden Boot - Wayne Rooney

Champions League Dream Team - van der Sar, Vidic, Ferdinand, G Neville, Scholes, Ronaldo & Rooney

Originally posted by Marc Lister:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

just post a pic of team instructions

Here... Tac.

The wide AMCs swap positions. All 3 AMCs are given long shots & through balls instructions.

MC(fletcher) is also having long shots freedom on a neutral mentality.

The FBs are set to cross from Deep towards TM.

CBs play ultra defensive, no non-sense instructions.

Hope it helps... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of the team instructions and instructions for each player/position?

And how much did you pay for Huntelaar? Do you use him as a TM and get him to head goals in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paid 15M for Huntelaar in first season.

Here are the instructions:

Team Instructions

ST(Huntelaar/Saha)

AMC L

MC(Fletcher/Anderson)

Fullbacks

DC

The DM has the same intructions as DCs, except for a little less defensiveness and Zonal Marking ticked.

Cheers!!

End of Season Report (07/08)

transferskd7.th.jpg]Transfers[/url]

squadca2.th.jpg]Squad[/url]

-How can i improve this squad? Got 20mio to spend

Won the league cup and got to the fa cup final but lost to citeh in the final on a penalty shooutout. Won the league on the last day. I needed Chelsea not to win at home to Sunderland and i needed a win. Sunderland held Chelsea but it was still 0-0 in my game. 91st minute, Giggs crosses to Rooney and he scored!

gamecq7.th.jpg]All hail Rooney![/url]

plzk6.th.jpg]PL table[/url]

Hey guys, just entered July 2008 in my United career and here is my squad from the transfer business so far:

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedjuly200se5.jpg

After winning the Champions League and League Cup double last season, I obviously want to reclaim the Premiership from Chelsea.

Transfers In:

Valon Behrami £7.5m plus £7.5m over next 12 months (Lazio)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar £3.5m plus £6m over next 12 months (Ajax)

Transfers Out:

John O'Shea to Portsmouth (£5.5m)

Louis Saha to Roma (£4.5m)

Tomasz Kuszczak to Napoli (£3.6m)

Park Ji-Sung to Zaragoza (£5.25m)

Can anyone tell me how to get Tevez on fire with his instructions please? He was'nt playing very well until his injury last season and I consider him the 1st choice partner for Rooney with Palacio and Huntelaar also fighting for that slot.

Also has anyone tried to buy Lahm from Bayern Munich? He obviously looks a good enough replacement for Neville and may try to sign him soon. Are there any other alternatives that could replace Neville long-term as my target Rafinha looks like he's on his way to AC Milan?

Looking at my squad, is there anywhere else I can strengthen? I have £23m to spend on my squad. Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

I have trouble selling park

Me too. I even went as low as £5m icon_eek.gif Now I'm just going to play him from time to time until 2008 and then start the bidding again. Kuszcack is also putting up a fight. There were about 20 clubs interested and not one wanted to pay £5m. £5m!!!

quote]Also has anyone tried to buy Lahm from Bayern Munich? He obviously looks a good enough replacement for Neville and may try to sign him soon. Are there any other alternatives that could replace Neville long-term as my target Rafinha looks like he's on his way to AC Milan?

He won't come. I bought Alves instead who happens to be much better but not as versatile. I still haven't played him in an important match yet though. And you need a LB.

Get 2 fullbacks and a winger.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

I have trouble selling park

Me too. I even went as low as £5m icon_eek.gif Now I'm just going to play him from time to time until 2008 and then start the bidding again. Kuszcack is also putting up a fight. There were about 20 clubs interested and not one wanted to pay £5m. £5m!!!

Also has anyone tried to buy Lahm from Bayern Munich? He obviously looks a good enough replacement for Neville and may try to sign him soon. Are there any other alternatives that could replace Neville long-term as my target Rafinha looks like he's on his way to AC Milan?

He won't come. I bought Alves instead who happens to be much better but not as versatile. I still haven't played him in an important match yet though. And you need a LB.

Get 2 fullbacks and a winger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

After Carlos Queiroz repeatedly turned down improved contracts, I now find myself without an assistant manager.

Can anyone suggest top quality assistant managers that would replace if not be better than Queiroz? Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Ricardo Moniz from Holland is a great Ass. Man in my game. Here's a screenie: RicardoMoniz.jpg <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

I've got Lahm in my squad too. Pretty solid and can play both sides which is an advantage as he can replace/substitute/rotate with Evra as well.Cost me a hefty 26 Million pounds though.

Screenies:

PhillipLahmAttributes.jpg

PhillipLahmHistory.jpg

See the tactics forum.

Anyway, I bought Breno and compared him to Pique and here are the results:

12292007184642jj2.th.jpg

Clearly Breno has the upper hand in pretty much everything important and their value is the same. Well now, after I bought Breno and played Pique. That's why I'm loaning both Pique and Evans out and once they come back I'll see which one will be sold and which will replace Ferdinand or Brown. So basically, buy Breno icon14.gif

Oh and Akinfeev-actually decent now-for £12.5m and possibly some add-ons. Deal or no deal? I have apart from VDS: Foster, Rybka, Fraga and Corradini. None are really amazing. Or shall I buy Lloris or Ochoa instead for around the same price?

Definitely been improved but I've compared him to Ochoa and Lloris and Lloris hammers him at goalkeeping and physical stats and is slightly better mentally. Ochoa beats him just at goalkeeping and squashes him mentally and physically. It'll have to be Lloris for me though he's going to cost about £11m icon_eek.gif

First season treble icon_cool.gif

Unfortunately it was a Carling cup treble, Schalke beat me 4-1 in the Champions League.

Tevez has been shocking and I am going to sell him, 3 goals in 20 games is an appalling return.

Finances are approaching £20m now but don't want to spend any money, just to be safe. I'll buy a Tevez replacement (cheep) as he is already behind Pandev, Rooney and VP in the pecking order and the rest I will spend on youngsters

Originally posted by Evon:

Definitely been improved but I've compared him to Ochoa and Lloris and Lloris hammers him at goalkeeping and physical stats and is slightly better mentally. Ochoa beats him just at goalkeeping and squashes him mentally and physically. It'll have to be Lloris for me though he's going to cost about £11m icon_eek.gif

Yeah Lloris is fb but didn't improve much in my other game wheras Akinfeev improved a lot so he probably has a higher pa than Lloris. I'd go for Akinfeev but Lloris like I said is good aswell.

Really? Can I see a screenshot of Akinfeev? I'm just about to seal the transfer but if Akinfeev is that good...

Tevez was quite poor for me in the 1st season as well.

Can anyone suggest what instructions should be set for Tevez to start doing some damage? Thanks in advance

Well he's been on a bad run for me recently but has 16 goals in 14 starts and 9 sub apps.

I give him first notch of high on CF, mixed FWR, RWB often and TTB mixed. When not playing with Rooney HUB is ticked and vice versa.

I haven't posted on here for ages, having only recently purchased FM08. I think that reading through the majority of this forum is akin to repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eyes with a needle, but I sadly find it quite interesting how people approach the game differently, and it's a good place to share opinions and thoughts on players. I've had a few quick mess-around games with United trying to get used to all the new features, but now think I'm ready to get going on what will be my main 7.0.1 game.

The only position I'm looking to strengthen in the first transfer window is at striker. After looking through all the different options, I've decided to go after Berbatov, and have an agreed 20m fee in place. I'm fairly convinced that I'll seal the deal, but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has had any experience of him. To finance the deal I've sold Fletcher and Silvestre for 9m (plus incentives), each, as they were only going to be fringe players this season.

Originally posted by Arthur Li:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

After Carlos Queiroz repeatedly turned down improved contracts, I now find myself without an assistant manager.

Can anyone suggest top quality assistant managers that would replace if not be better than Queiroz? Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Ricardo Moniz from Holland is a great Ass. Man in my game. Here's a screenie:

I've got Lahm in my squad too. Pretty solid and can play both sides which is an advantage as he can replace/substitute/rotate with Evra as well.Cost me a hefty 26 Million pounds though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Moniz looks very good, but I doubt he's going to be a 7* coach as his mental coaching sucks.

Lahm has some dodgy stats: marking and anticipation mainly. Alves is a monster, plus he is versatile as he can play on the wing too.

Originally posted by trundle:

I haven't posted on here for ages, having only recently purchased FM08. I think that reading through the majority of this forum is akin to repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eyes with a needle, but I sadly find it quite interesting how people approach the game differently, and it's a good place to share opinions and thoughts on players. I've had a few quick mess-around games with United trying to get used to all the new features, but now think I'm ready to get going on what will be my main 7.0.1 game.

The only position I'm looking to strengthen in the first transfer window is at striker. After looking through all the different options, I've decided to go after Berbatov, and have an agreed 20m fee in place. I'm fairly convinced that I'll seal the deal, but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has had any experience of him. To finance the deal I've sold Fletcher and Silvestre for 9m (plus incentives), each, as they were only going to be fringe players this season.

£20m is actually a very good price for Berbatov I reckon. Only problem is that it takes all your money away to buy other players. Let us know how he gets on. I assume you'll play a 4-4-2 with him and Rooney upfront mainly?

id pay 20 mil for berb... especially what ive seen of him tonight!! FOUR GOALS! (and tbh i can see him going to utd soon irl... )

but yes.. 20 mil is good price imo.. the united team doesnt really need anyone else in .. its super strong anyways... just some youth maybe...

go for it trundle

Originally posted by Daneil:

Is Saivet good enough to be a 4th choice striker in the second season?

I have Saivet in my reserves atm with many clubs chasing him but all I want is to loan him out. However that's impossible as the clubs after him are the biggest clubs in the world and they dont want to loan him.

Who are your other strikers in the squad? Who knows, maybe you could put him your squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daneil:

Is Saivet good enough to be a 4th choice striker in the second season?

I have Saivet in my reserves atm with many clubs chasing him but all I want is to loan him out. However that's impossible as the clubs after him are the biggest clubs in the world and they dont want to loan him.

Who are your other strikers in the squad? Who knows, maybe you could put him your squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Van Persie, Pandev and Rooney. With Tevez on his way out because he has been ****.

Get another keeper, obviously. Is Fabianski really that bad? Why did you sell Foster?

Get another DM instead of Banega who can tackle and sell a couple of wingers. If someone wants Zaccardo, then sell him and get Alves, likewise Pique for Breno if possible.

You might want to also think about another ST, although you're probably best retraining Matty to FC and playing someone else at AMC. You should also retrain some other people e.g. Anderson to ML and Rooney to AMC.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. To respond to a few of them:

w-Evon-s Trundle. Berbatov is good but there are players out there that are as good as him and are cheaper such as Pandev, Gyan and Amauri.

Cheers. Reasons for me liking Berbatov over those players:

- Pandev looks a great fast striker, but I'm looking for someone with more of an all-round game who has better stats at jumping and heading than Pandev posesses.

- Asamoah is a good striker but too poor/average in several stats for me to rate highly (most notably: first touch, anticipation)

- Amauri is a nice comparison. Similar players, with Amauri much better physically, and with higher attributes in the areas that I mentioned above (heading, jumping). I just think that Berbatov has an incredible all round game - I see him as a poorer version of Ibrahimovic, and I think that his superior first touch and anticipation stats should see him in more goal-scoring situations than Amauri would be.

- Lastly I like the fact that Berbatov should already have adapted to English football, and like welshace says, that he is a player that we have been strongly linked to in real life (a sad reason, but one that I use in my own games).

Regarding the fee, I don't think it's excessive for him, but you're certainly right to say that other options are available at a cheaper price. As crazy gra says, it's all of my budget, but I'm comfortable with how the rest of the squad looks so I'm happy to do it. Thanks for all the comments, sometimes I just need to physically outline the reasons for signing to justify it to myself. I'll post how he does.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swordsaman: I agree with what crazy gra says, keeping an eye out for a tough tackling DMC to eventually replace Hargreaves sounds like a good idea. I'd also maybe scout around for a decent TM-type figure (maybe a decent squad player if you can pick up someone on a free, or a young prospect depending on your situation) just to add something different to your attack. Probably obvious, but I'd look for someone with decent heading and physical stats, seeing what you can get with the important mental stats too (i.e. anticipation).

Originally posted by manu legend:

w-Evon-s Trundle. Berbatov is good but there are players out there that are as good as him and are cheaper such as Pandev, Gyan and Amauri.

Evon a bit late but heres a screenshot of Akinfeev in 2015 -

12292007220654zc1.th.jpg

2015 icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait that long and Lloris still seems better in quite a few points. I shall confirm the transfer now. And Saivet is probably good enough to be 4th striker. Campbell's my 4th striker atm and he's got 6 goals in 5 starts which isn't bad. I'd stick with Tevez though.

Fred's pretty good, how much was he? And Breno? And what did you get for Pique and Tevez?

Anyone got a screenshot of Lloris? He's not too young is he, so may not improve too much, especially if his potential isn't great like I think Evon said. Has no-one given Foster a good chance?!

Trundle: Anticipation is more of a defensive attribute. OTB is what STs need icon14.gif

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Anyone got a screenshot of Lloris? He's not too young is he, so may not improve too much, especially if his potential isn't great like I think Evon said. Has no-one given Foster a good chance?!

Foster is my league keeper and I am quite pleased with him. There are probably better keepers out there but they are not english and they have not come through my ranks. Thus Foster gets the nod.

Foster Profile 2011

Foster Career history

As for Lloris in 2011... here is a comparison between him and foster so you can decide what looks best for you.

Lloris Vs Foster

And Jiunnshuan, losing money is normal. You have to be really tight and try to avoid spending all the transfer budget. Better yet offload some of the deadweight from the team and that should keep your balance out the red.

Otherwise, just make sure you win a couple competition to just recover the balance at the end of the season.

Archived