FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by crazy gra:

Get another keeper, obviously. Is Fabianski really that bad? Why did you sell Foster?

Get another DM instead of Banega who can tackle and sell a couple of wingers. If someone wants Zaccardo, then sell him and get Alves, likewise Pique for Breno if possible.

You might want to also think about another ST, although you're probably best retraining Matty to FC and playing someone else at AMC. You should also retrain some other people e.g. Anderson to ML and Rooney to AMC.

thanks... cos foster unhappy at me for not playing him but ustari was on super form. ok will retrain anderson rooney and matias fernades ^^

Fred's pretty good, how much was he? And Breno? And what did you get for Pique and Tevez?

Well i set the asking price of Pique at 15M and Tevez at 30M. Arsenal made a bid of 23M for Tevez and my board decided to accept on my behalf. Inter made a bid of only 10M and again my board decided to accept the offer.

Breno cost me 11.25M and Fred cost only 12.5M

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Anyone got a screenshot of Lloris? He's not too young is he, so may not improve too much, especially if his potential isn't great like I think Evon said. Has no-one given Foster a good chance?!

Foster is miles BETTER

Foster is my league keeper and I am quite pleased with him. There are probably better keepers out there but they are not english and they have not come through my ranks. Thus Foster gets the nod.

Foster Profile 2011

Foster Career history

As for Lloris in 2011... here is a comparison between him and foster so you can decide what looks best for you.

Lloris Vs Foster </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Anyone got a screenshot of Lloris? He's not too young is he, so may not improve too much, especially if his potential isn't great like I think Evon said. Has no-one given Foster a good chance?!

Foster is BETTER!!!

Foster is miles BETTER

Foster is my league keeper and I am quite pleased with him. There are probably better keepers out there but they are not english and they have not come through my ranks. Thus Foster gets the nod.

Foster Profile 2011

Foster Career history

As for Lloris in 2011... here is a comparison between him and foster so you can decide what looks best for you.

Lloris Vs Foster </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You also seem to be having problems with reading people's replies to your questions. You've asked that question about Anderson three times now and I replied to the first one for fcuk sake. And where to play Gibson? Hmm, that's a toughie seeing as he's only an MC.

Foster Profile 2011

Foster Career history

Lloris Vs Foster </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Cheers for them and likewise to ML for his Lloris and Akinfeev pictures. Foster looks awesome so I'm defintely going to keep him. Lloris looks better overall, but he's French and Foster is English. Hopefully VDS will stay long enough until I get Cech, then him and Foster will be my keepers.

Just exited the transfer window in September 2008 and here is the squad I will take on until January at least:

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedseptembqs8.jpg

As you can see, I could'nt resist buying a right-back to replace Neville long term and Alves (£24m) was the only one I was going go for. I thought about Lahm but he didnt want to come from my scout reports and Alves rejected Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter to come to me icon_cool.gif. Also, Giggs and Palacio have been injured before the start of the season so they have'nt played yet.

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=romavmanutdsupercup2008ok2.jpg

Nice to start the new season with a trophy and it was a relatively easy win for my European champions over the UEFA Cup holders. Alves scored his first goal for the club with a stunning free-kick.

In the league, I've made an unbeaten start, winning 3 and drawing the other 2 games away to Arsenal and Liverpool. And I've been given the worst possible draw for the start of my League Cup defence - Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Anyway, what do you think of my squad and do you think I can achieve more than the Champions League and League Cup of last season? Could I have made any more changes to the squad? Any suggestions welcome icon14.gif

Originally posted by Mooono:

How do you guys get proper badges for Premiership teams? I just get like a red shield for Man Utd and blue shield for Chelsea. Is it a patch?

You need to download the logos etc. Go to the graphics forum or try www.sortitoutsi.net.

gandycoleuk

Great squad mate. Maybe get a LW as Giggs is declining and Nani hasn't impressed me and a GK to rotate with Foster.

I've started retraining Behrami so that he can rotate with Giggs now and then replace him in the future.

Nani's done alright acting as quality back-up to Ronaldo. I think I'll keep Foster as back-up to van der Sar as he looks good enough to be the only one to replace him atm.

Ahhhh, everybody trying to make me feel bad about buying Lloris. He's fffb. Got a MoM first game. Lloris has both Foster and Akinfeev ****ed over tbh. Foster may be English but he's taking forever to recover from his injury. I need someone to compete with VDS now and Kuszczack is getting annoyed so I'm going to sell him in the summer. Then once Lloris deposes VDS, Foster, Fraga and Rybka will battle it out to be No. 2 and challenge Lloris. Simple.

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Just exited the transfer window in September 2008 and here is the squad I will take on until January at least:

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedseptembqs8.jpg

As you can see, I could'nt resist buying a right-back to replace Neville long term and Alves (£24m) was the only one I was going go for. I thought about Lahm but he didnt want to come from my scout reports and Alves rejected Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter to come to me icon_cool.gif. Also, Giggs and Palacio have been injured before the start of the season so they have'nt played yet.

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=romavmanutdsupercup2008ok2.jpg

Nice to start the new season with a trophy and it was a relatively easy win for my European champions over the UEFA Cup holders. Alves scored his first goal for the club with a stunning free-kick.

In the league, I've made an unbeaten start, winning 3 and drawing the other 2 games away to Arsenal and Liverpool. And I've been given the worst possible draw for the start of my League Cup defence - Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Anyway, what do you think of my squad and do you think I can achieve more than the Champions League and League Cup of last season? Could I have made any more changes to the squad? Any suggestions welcome icon14.gif

Great signing in getting Alves, although I'd have thought he could have been bought for less with more unsettling. Still, icon14.gif Also:

- Might as well sell Fletcher.

- Why do people like Behrami?! He's tried to be clever by thinking he can play full back and on the wing but won't be great at either position due to crap marking, positioning, anticipation, decisions (defensive ones), first touch, creativity and flair (attacking)!!

- So don't use him anywhere and sell post haste. Retrain Andy so he can play on the left wing and Neville will still be good so use him at right back with Alves on the wing in some games. Then you mainly have Ronaldo, Alves, Nani and Andy to rotate on the wing with Giggs and Evra to backup if needed.

- Start unsettling a keeper like Cech to be able to buy when VDS retires.

Originally posted by Evon:

Ahhhh, everybody trying to make me feel bad about buying Lloris. He's fffb. Got a MoM first game. Lloris has both Foster and Akinfeev ****ed over tbh. Foster may be English but he's taking forever to recover from his injury. I need someone to compete with VDS now and Kuszczack is getting annoyed so I'm going to sell him in the summer. Then once Lloris deposes VDS, Foster, Fraga and Rybka will battle it out to be No. 2 and challenge Lloris. Simple.

Where are you in your game? I'm in Jan 07 and he's only 2 months away so should make the last couple of months of the season. And VDS is very good anyway.

Is it just me but are the utd players improving less in comparision to pre patch????

VERY FUSTRATING

thoughts?

All players progress slower now, it good in many ways, but the fact no regen that comes through appears to be an exception makes it bit poor. Most players dont show their best till closer the mid 20s whereas it used to be 17yr olds on fm. Seemed to have gone to far to the extreme now.

And Im now in a sticky situation. Benega is looking amazing at the moment, however I have now received a offer for 50million and 50% sell on for him. I dont need the money, and he only 22yrs old. But it such a big offer I am having to think about it :s

Stalled their offer for now and given him a new contract offer, lets see what happens there and if he would happily stay instead of getting annoyed. But would you folks sell even if you did not need to purchase players anymore? (midfield is packed solid - gonna try offload Hargraeves so gibson can play in cups, and offload Van Der Vaart if i can as he a whiny git after a single season.)

And Im now in a sticky situation. Benega is looking amazing at the moment, however I have now received a offer for 50million and 50% sell on for him. I dont need the money, and he only 22yrs old. But it such a big offer I am having to think about it :s

Stalled their offer for now and given him a new contract offer, lets see what happens there and if he would happily stay instead of getting annoyed. But would you folks sell even if you did not need to purchase players anymore? (midfield is packed solid - gonna try offload Hargraeves so gibson can play in cups, and offload Van Der Vaart if i can as he a whiny git after a single season.)

Are you using Banega as a DM/MCd? I can't understand people using him there as even without unmasking all his stats I can still see that his tackling and marking are crap. If he's a great technical player and you play him there and he plays well, then don't sell, but I'd rather use Gibson as an MCd than him. Hargreaves should be your first choice. And I'm sure £50m would be useful to anyone.

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Ustari has just signed a new contract at Getafe and only has a 10M minimum fee release..

comparing my current keeper & Ustari i'm not sure who is better and if i should get him icon_frown.gif

Comparison

12312007141330nh9.th.jpg

I wasn't really thing about getting Ustari as I wasn't sure his reflexes were that good, but that pic has proved me wrong! He looks better than Riou. And Riou's French so that's icon13.gif , although it's perhaps better than an Argy as they have internationals at stupid times.

Did you sell Foster? Also, that screenshot above doesn't work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Where are you in your game? I'm in Jan 07 and he's only 2 months away so should make the last couple of months of the season. And VDS is very good anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same. And VDS will retire soon so I'm preparing for that. It's a battle royale among my young goalkeepers.

And I wouldn't buy Ustari if I were you. He just isn't good enough mentally though he still has ffffb goalkeeping stats. And £5m for Foster isn't good enough. You can easily get £7.5m+ for him I reckon.

Ustari isn't bad mentally. Concentration is poor, but I didn't think it was that bad in my game. Positioning 17, decisions 14 and anticipation 15 is good.

I reckon VDS may have a few years in game time, but it probably depends how much he gets played.

BB: I meant the screenshot above that with 6 away goals doesn't work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

Are you using Banega as a DM/MCd? I can't understand people using him there as even without unmasking all his stats I can still see that his tackling and marking are crap. If he's a great technical player and you play him there and he plays well, then don't sell, but I'd rather use Gibson as an MCd than him. Hargreaves should be your first choice. And I'm sure £50m would be useful to anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Decided to keep him in the end. 170million in the transfer kitty, and hargraeves at 30 didnt have long left in team. He headed to Barcelona instead of benega for 12.5million + 50% (not that expect him to move again).

Benega is solid, only play a single MC in my tactic, and it barrowed to dmc. He got avg rating of 7.32 last season and was solid.

Reason I kept him is he has improved alot in defencive areas compared to initially, and appears to be still improving.

benega profile

I mean with the training, my utd players arent progressing as fast. it only says so and so has made some improvement.

Im not happy with this aspect

1st time im so unhappy with FM

Why couldn't that of been in one post?

Come on mate, show some common sense, lets keep this thread tidy eh?

Well said, James. Obviously a post whore trying to boost his status.

postwhore.gif

Are you using Banega as a DM/MCd? I can't understand people using him there as even without unmasking all his stats I can still see that his tackling and marking are crap. If he's a great technical player and you play him there and he plays well, then don't sell, but I'd rather use Gibson as an MCd than him. Hargreaves should be your first choice. And I'm sure £50m would be useful to anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Decided to keep him in the end. 170million in the transfer kitty, and hargraeves at 30 didnt have long left in team. He headed to Barcelona instead of benega for 12.5million + 50% (not that expect him to move again).

Benega is solid, only play a single MC in my tactic, and it barrowed to dmc. He got avg rating of 7.32 last season and was solid.

Reason I kept him is he has improved alot in defencive areas compared to initially, and appears to be still improving.

benega profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He has improved a lot, I'll give you that, but he still isn't as good as Hargy IMO. He does look like a pretty good MCa, though. Long shots is the only low-ish stat for an MCa (maybe OTB too). He could even do a job on the wing. Hargreaves is another one that I just couldn't sell, so a big icon13.gif for that. Others are probably:

- Foster, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Neville, Scholes, Giggs, Andy, Ronny, Rooney and Tevez.

Those are all with the exception that they play well enough e.g. Tevez, there's something up with him in everyone's game it seems and mine is no different. He just doesn't seem consistent enough icon_frown.gif Same with Nani, he's on trial too.

He could even do a job on the wing. Hargreaves is another one that I just couldn't sell, so a big icon13.gif for that. Others are probably:

- Foster, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Neville, Scholes, Giggs, Andy, Ronny, Rooney and Tevez.

Those are all with the exception that they play well enough e.g. Tevez, there's something up with him in everyone's game it seems and mine is no different. He just doesn't seem consistent enough icon_frown.gif Same with Nani, he's on trial too.

Tevez been pretty good for me, and seems to be getting better. That said, he now moaning about a couple my future stars so he needs to sort his attitude out, because at 27 he is one of my oldest players.

Season Apps Goals Assists

07/08 - 37(4) 16 11

08/09 34(14) 26 8

09/10 43(6) 33 17

10/11 32(3) 25 15

His history actually shows him as a more influencial player in my team then what Rooney is, only striker that out does Tevez is Rossi, whom is just amazing icon_smile.gif

And generally I am slow at getting rid of some the original team. But Hargraeves isnt an old timer really, and though he is good I wanted my youth to come in and he would have got annoyed at not playing, with about 3-5 seasons left in him I didnt want to leave him to rot. As for the others in your list, they gone nowhere. Neville, scholes, Giggs are all coaches now for me. Foster, Rio, vidic, evra, ronaldo, rooney and tevez are the core of my league squad. Nani and anderson are part of my cup/europe squad. None of these guys will be going, which is why I struggling with my youth currently. Got about 19 midfielders fighting for 6 spots in the midfield. 4 of which have people that wont be removed leaving 15 going for 2 spots (messi, ronaldo, anderson, nani have the wing spots in the 2 squads.)

7 league games to go and another title is won.. the likes of Baxter, Saivet & reserves will get games while the moany **** that is Wijnaldum will never play for me again \o/

looking to sell for a small fee but to add a huge international apperence fee icon_cool.gif

have Barca in the CL semis as my team continue to **** me up with the performances icon_frown.gif

Finished the second season today. Won Everything.

Ronnie - 35 goals/ 11 assists.

Rooney - 25 goals/25 assists.

GingerHead - 19 goals/18 assists(Got the only goal in CL Final)

Huntelaar - 19 goals/21 assists.

English Player of the year - 1.Ronaldo, 2.Rooney, 3.Scholes.

Players' Player of the year - Huntelaar(Twice in a row).

Probable Signings

Need a RB coz its been raining red cards for Neville & Brown and both of'em make two many defensive Errors.

Surely a GK. Was bidding around 17M all season for Akinfeev, got rejected all the time. Now, Arsenal have bidded 28.5M for him, so, will have to bid the same. Is he worth it?

Otherwise, Banega will be back from loan. Hargo, Andy & Fletcher are doin fine. Hewson looks like a good prospect(Next Paul Scholes icon14.gif)

Gio Dos Santos coming on Free.

Saviet may replace Saha.

Thatz the progress so far. Cheers nd Happy New Year!! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

Got to get Alves for a DR icon14.gif

Alves is with Che$ki already icon_frown.gif Does anyone of Danny Simpson ot Rafael become any good. BTW, Chel$ki are interested in Danny icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

simpson is solid, been in the starting 11 of my league side since 08/09 season and seems to rarely make mistakes. Been more then happy with him and sure it would cost at least 12million to buy someone of his quality.

He is valued at 6million at start of 11/12 season for my squad.

Won't work. Alves is fffb though. Great attacking full back. My team are faltering now though. Just scraped wins over Birmingham and Everton, 1-0 and 2-0 respectively. I just found something out which really surprised me though. Owen is the second top assist make in my team behind Ronaldo. I would have thought Rooney was. Just goes to show what a great all round player he is. Top scorer and second top assist maker. And Rooney's faltering again icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Evon:

Got him on my shortlist. But there's no point getting now I have Alves. I prefer left footed left backs too.

well the LB bit is only for a last ditch thing.. as the only LBs i have atm are Evra & Sakho (but he will be soon playing at DC as he is starting to look like a younger, frencher Barzagli) icon_cool.gif

Archived