FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last post was in reply to sniell

Originally posted by scottme01:

hi there, i'm caught in two minds about the whole goalkeeping situation at man united.

what do you guys do? do you keep van der sar for first season n then get rid of him? what do u do with tomas kuszczak and ben foster?

if you do bring someone in who are your likely targets?

thanks in advance icon14.gif

I think I'll keep VDS and Foster until VDS retires, then hopefully I can get Cech.

Originally posted by sniell:

Just finished season, with a clean sweep winning every competition and my defence perorming exceptionally well.

Table

Formation

Overview

Squad

As you can see I've made little improvement to the team, only buying Tuia and Wijnldum who are in my under 18s.

I'm not sure of my budget for next season but I'm looking for a winger, a right back and a striker. Any reccomendations?

If you need a winger, Silva from Valencia if you can afford him (62 million), he's the second best winger in the game, behind Ronaldo. A right back, Alves or De Silvestri, for a striker, Villa, Gyan, Aguero (should has a min fee of 29.5 mil)

hi there, i'm caught in two minds about the whole goalkeeping situation at man united.

what do you guys do? do you keep van der sar for first season n then get rid of him? what do u do with tomas kuszczak and ben foster?

In my game, like crazy gra, I kept VDS and used Kuszczak as back up before selling Kuszczak at the start of the second season (replacing him in the first team squad with the returning Foster).

I found VDS to be solid without excelling - he did appear to push a lot of shots straight back into the path of opposition strikers costing me in several key games. Kuszczak is very streaky for me, he goes through patches of brilliance before sinking back into the mediocrity his stats suggest. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to become a first teamer, so I'd sell him after the first season as you can get a decent price (I think I got 8m over 24 months). Foster's attributes are improving nicely this (my 2nd) season, but I'm yet to try him out in that many games. I'd definitely keep hold of him for a couple of seasons to see how much he improves.

In summary, I think that VDS is good enough to keep as a first teamer for the first two seasons, giving you a chance to look at Foster before deciding whether you want to bring in anyone else. If goalkeeper is a position that you want to be strong in from the word go, rather than wait for either one of the world class ones to become available (i.e. Cech) or one of the younger ones to sufficiently improve (i.e. Lloris), then I'd maybe have a look at Frey. I was hoping to buy him at the start of the second season as he didn't want to join me originally, but typically he had a phenomenal first season at Fiorentina and his expected cost rocketed up to 30m.

I finally have the chance to give Benny Foster a goos test. I'm around the start of March and he's just got fit (although in the last two weeks his injury status was "out for around a day" icon_confused.gif ).

I'm going to play him in every Premiership game from now on and possibly CL and FA Cup games too.

Same with Kuszcrap on mine. At the start of the season he was playing well in the LC and CL, but never replaced VDS as I wasn't completely sure about him and VDS was playing very well in the league anyway. After a while he did play some poor games that led me to concede two or three goals in some games that I don't expect him to let in.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

I finally have the chance to give Benny Foster a goos test. I'm around the start of March and he's just got fit (although in the last two weeks his injury status was "out for around a day" icon_confused.gif ).

I'm going to play him in every Premiership game from now on and possibly CL and FA Cup games too.

Same with Kuszcrap on mine. At the start of the season he was playing well in the LC and CL, but never replaced VDS as I wasn't completely sure about him and VDS was playing very well in the league anyway. After a while he did play some poor games that led me to concede two or three goals in some games that I don't expect him to let in.

it says out for around a day because the physios cant say exactly when the player is coming back

Guys, I bought Javi Martinez from Athletic in the summer (2010) as his stats suggest he will be a top midfielder. Also bought Matias Fernandez at the same time. Matias is performing wonders and the fans and board are praising the signing, however Javi is just not doing it at MC anyone else bought him and how is he playing for them??

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

New Signing \o/

01072008130937eb1.th.jpg

Lovely icon_cool.gif quite good deal at £7.75M aswell as i finally have someone who can win a header and has pace to burn

Banega also makes a suprisingly good right back aswell icon_eek.gif

although i'm sure i'll be singing his praises soon enough

Barneyboyz: Please don't say that!

I sold Banega to Barcelona at the beginning of the current season (2011/2012) as I had Denilson and Johnson before him occupying the anchorman's role!

I have Dani Alves at right back, he's approaching 29 and I have yet to find a good young right back that could eventually fill in. I have retrained Pique at right back, but he's constantly moaning and looks as though he's off in the summer. Rafael is on loan at Sunderland and isn't doing very well. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Adiee:

Barneyboyz: Please don't say that!

I sold Banega to Barcelona at the beginning of the current season (2011/2012) as I had Denilson and Johnson before him occupying the anchorman's role!

I have Dani Alves at right back, he's approaching 29 and I have yet to find a good young right back that could eventually fill in. I have retrained Pique at right back, but he's constantly moaning and looks as though he's off in the summer. Rafael is on loan at Sunderland and isn't doing very well. Any suggestions?

Andreolli icon14.gif one of the best right backs in the game for me imo

Sounds good!

I've got this thing about players over the age of 30. 30's not too bad, but when they're turning 31 or 32, i like to ship them out and replace younger players. I don't do sentiment on my game.

End of Summer Transfer Window Update

Squad

01072008143140nw3.th.jpg

a nice wave of depth & quality although Ronaldo & Sakho are both out for a month each icon_frown.gif

Transfers In

John Obi Mikel - Chelsea - £2.7M

Nuri Sahin - Dortmund - Free

Hélder Barbosa - Porto - Free

Giovani dos Santos - Barcelona - Free \o/

César Arzo - Villarreal - Free

Darren Bent - Spurs - £7.75M

Transfers/Loans Out

Wes Brown - Spurs - £4M

Tomas Ujfalusi - Aston Villa - £1.2M

Jesús Navas - Real Madrid - £20M + £10M after 1 spain apperence

Georgino Wijnaldum - Zaragoza - £5M + £23M after 1 holland apperence

Mathieu Gorgelin - Wrexham - £90k

Nuri Sahin - Blackburn - £5M

Tomasz Kuszczak - Arsenal - £2.1M

Tranquillo Barnetta - Aston Villa - £5M + £10M after 1 swiss apperence

Rafael, Bryan, Bardsley, Eckersley, Cleverley, Woods, Strickland, Curran, Moffatt, Dudgeon, Gill & Drinkwater - Released

Camacho, Saivet & Lulinha - Sheff Utd (feeder club)

Bouzanis, Thiago & Assulin - Norwich (feeder club)

Results so far

Charity Shield Vs Chelsea Won - 4-1 (Obi Mikel, Rooney 2 & Tevez

EPL Vs West Ham Won - 2-0 (Silva & Tevez)

EPL Vs Notts Forest icon_biggrin.gif Won - 4-0 (Sakho, Ronaldo, Rooney & an OG)

EPL Vs Blackburn Won - 2-0 (Silva & Rooney)

EPL Vs Wigan Won - 2-0 (Ronaldo & Tevez)

ESC Vs Fiorentina Won - 4-1 (Rooney & Bent 3)

so far liking the defence not concededing many but face spurs next so that could change & it seems Arsenal will be my main title challengers again and face Reading in the league cup 3rd round

Champions League Group

Man Utd

Sporting

Fenerbahce

Spartak Moscow

shouldn't have any trouble there imo but you never know

yo fellas thought id finally post on here instead of just reading yours icon_smile.gif Nearing the end of my first season currently 1st in the prem losing only 1 game, just reached the final of the FA cup after beating everton 4-1 at goodison, and im about to play my 2nd leg vs barca in the CL after losing the 1st leg away. Only really bought 2 players so far, Bently and Fernandez, fernadez turning out to be an absolute gem netting 19 goals and 17 assists in 23 starts, also check out vidic's scoring record in the screen below - rivals most prem midfielders icon_smile.gif

Looking to buy a right back with 9 mil in the transfer kitty, altho simpson is doin a good job when neville is injured so i may stick with him.

Vidic:

vidicdj6.jpg

Transfers:

transferseg1.jpg

Table:

tablelc4.jpg

Just finished season, with a clean sweep winning every competition and my defence perorming exceptionally well.

Table

Formation

Overview

Squad

As you can see I've made little improvement to the team, only buying Tuia and Wijnldum who are in my under 18s.

I'm not sure of my budget for next season but I'm looking for a winger, a right back and a striker. Any reccomendations?

Just an update on this:

I have requested scout reports for all the players suggested (thanks for the advice) and am currently bidding for a number of players (Richards, Lahm, Aguero, Silva, Higuain and more) to see how much they'll cost, obviously I won't get all of them. I'll let you know the asking prices and stuff. Btw my budget is £36.7m

Originally posted by Marc Lister:

Dave Liddle - Very nice. How is Vidic scoring these goals? I presume headers from corners? I can't get FM08 to allow my defenders to score headers. Mind spilling your secrets?

I know this question wasn't aimed at me but from corners I have it set to aim for the six yard box with a player attacking each post, two attacking the ball, one on the far post and one on the keeper (Ferdinand, he scored 11 last season.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Lister:

Dave Liddle - Very nice. How is Vidic scoring these goals? I presume headers from corners? I can't get FM08 to allow my defenders to score headers. Mind spilling your secrets?

I know this question wasn't aimed at me but from corners I have it set to aim for the six yard box with a player attacking each post, two attacking the ball, one on the far post and one on the keeper (Ferdinand, he scored 11 last season.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sniell - Cheers. I shall give that a try. You say a player attacking each post and one on the far post?

I'd normally try Vidic on the keeper then as he's got better heading/jumping stats than Rio I think?

Originally posted by trundle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottme01:

In my game, like crazy gra, I kept VDS and used Kuszczak as back up before selling Kuszczak at the start of the second season (replacing him in the first team squad with the returning Foster).

I found VDS to be solid without excelling - he did appear to push a lot of shots straight back into the path of opposition strikers costing me in several key games. Kuszczak is very streaky for me, he goes through patches of brilliance before sinking back into the mediocrity his stats suggest. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to become a first teamer, so I'd sell him after the first season as you can get a decent price (I think I got 8m over 24 months). Foster's attributes are improving nicely this (my 2nd) season, but I'm yet to try him out in that many games. I'd definitely keep hold of him for a couple of seasons to see how much he improves.

In summary, I think that VDS is good enough to keep as a first teamer for the first two seasons, giving you a chance to look at Foster before deciding whether you want to bring in anyone else. If goalkeeper is a position that you want to be strong in from the word go, rather than wait for either one of the world class ones to become available (i.e. Cech) or one of the younger ones to sufficiently improve (i.e. Lloris), then I'd maybe have a look at Frey. I was hoping to buy him at the start of the second season as he didn't want to join me originally, but typically he had a phenomenal first season at Fiorentina and his expected cost rocketed up to 30m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks to you and crazy gra for your responses. ive extended VDS's contract until the end of the second season (i'm in January 1st season. going to keep kuszczak until the end of the season along with foster.

in terms of replacements i am looking into Lloris and can get him for about 9 mil according to my scout and he has been given a four star rating for the future which is decent enough for me.

just need to start looking for a gary neville replacement and a new 3rd striker instead of saha for my second season icon14.gif

Originally posted by Marc Lister:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Lister:

I know this question wasn't aimed at me but from corners I have it set to aim for the six yard box with a player attacking each post, two attacking the ball, one on the far post and one on the keeper (Ferdinand, he scored 11 last season.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sniell - Cheers. I shall give that a try. You say a player attacking each post and one on the far post?

I'd normally try Vidic on the keeper then as he's got better heading/jumping stats than Rio I think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The post before was from memory, to be precise:

GK default

RB back

LB needed

DC Keeper

DC St Far

DMC deep

MC lurk

AMR deep

AML At Far

AMC At Far

FC Near

and like I said the cross aiming for the six yard box.

Quick update from me now 2011/12 completed.

Charity Shield vs Arsenal - 3-3 (Evans, Cerci x2). Won on penalties

European Super Cup vs Olympique Lyonais - 3-1 victory (Bojan, own goal, Buonanotte)

League Cup 4th Round vs Derby - 0-1 Defeat. What can I say? it was bad!

World Club Championship vs Saitama Utd - 5-0 (Bojan x 3, Saviet, Alfaro)

FA Cup vs Everton - 4-3 (Saviet x 2, Pique, Bojan)

Champions League vs Real Madriad - 3-2 (Anderson, Dos Santos, Fabio)

Premiership - Unbeaten, infact won every match for first time ever. Made up for league cup disappointment a little icon_smile.gif

Top 3 strikers: Bojan & Rossi - 22 goals each. Tevez 21.

Rooney only scored 15 this season, but topped the assist charts with 20.

Transfers during pre-season of 2012/13

Only limited transfers in:

Free - Adriano (Inter)

offered him 20k less then wanted and still wished to sign. Will get some matches but wanted him to tutor a little. Mind you, he may be a whiner so will have to be careful.

Free - Alessandro Tuia (Lazio)

Need to bolster my defence with youngster due to some getting on now (evra 30, rio 33 and declining rapidly icon_frown.gif )

Free - Loic Abenzoar (Olympique Lyonnais)

Decent looking youngster to replace Evans (most likely) in the cup team as he be moving up to the league team in rio's place)

600k - Fabio (Corinthians - regen) 18 year old CB. Looks like he may be a decent player with alot of training

So far no sales, only lots of loans to Antwerp. Need to look at my squad and assess who I want to let go. Turned down some 18million+30% offers for Fabio (the actual pre-arranged transfer one). Seems he may be better then alot of people say. He performed well, better then maybe his stats suggest but I think he still getting better.

One to watch

This guy looks like a good young player, just came into my youth team and at 16 he looking a strong prospect

Peter Moore

Additional information on my career.

I took control of Italy on 10 July 2011, more first dab into internation management. Not sure why, they had no manager even though apparently Capello was hired a year earlier. They were dwindling in the Euro qualifiers when I took over, however with a complete change in tactics and new players added, out of the blue, to help the squad they eased into 2nd qualifying spot just below Scotland. Following on to this the squad went all the way through to the final, where we won on penalties following a 4-4 thriller over spain. As a note, just to tell how drastic the team changed with me in charge, 2 players from Argentina, Left back Maxwell of Inter Milan and the other, a man many will know... Edison Cavani. If you ever Italian manager though, look up Alessio Cerci. I got him on a free from Roma in 08/09, and when I called him to the Italian squad he scored 7 goals in 8 games.

After less then year in charge I pulled the rabbit out the hat and saved their national game, but on the 362nd day in charge I resigned. The England job was available finally when McLaren was finally sacked for not getting out the group stage. They took their time firing him as he remained in Job even though not qualified for previous world cup finals.

Now I have command of the England team finally, and it is time to restore pride to our nation icon_smile.gif And you never know, I may one day have an England team made up of all Man Utd players. That is the day I look forward too

just need to start looking for a gary neville replacement and a new 3rd striker instead of saha for my second season icon14.gif

On the striker side I could not put Giuseppe Rossi forward as a option quick enough. May not be the cheapest option unless you can do a good job unsettling him. But he well worth the money in my opinion.

Another good option, if you can get hold of him is Bojan. Cracking little player. Had a goal ratio per match of 1:2 in 10/11 season and 1:1 in 2011/12 season.

For right back, how simpson looking on your game? He has been a rock for me on the right, maybe he dont get as many assists I like (only about 6 assists per league season) however he dont appear to make many mistakes. He been the full time right back since 08/09 season.

how badly do hip injuries affect players? are they just liek an normal injury or do they have long term effects? as Tevez has just been struck with one icon_frown.gif but thankfully Barca have just released Gudjohnson so have offered him a contract and for the first time Bojan is interested icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

how badly do hip injuries affect players? are they just liek an normal injury or do they have long term effects? as Tevez has just been struck with one icon_frown.gif but thankfully Barca have just released Gudjohnson so have offered him a contract and for the first time Bojan is interested icon_biggrin.gif

from what i seen it has no more effect then any other injury. To me there never appears to be long term damage to anybody, just the rapidly decreasing stats in old age (30+ in many cases :s )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

I'd normally try Vidic on the keeper then as he's got better heading/jumping stats than Rio I think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The post before was from memory, to be precise:

GK default

RB back

LB needed

DC Keeper

DC St Far

DMC deep

MC lurk

AMR deep

AML At Far

AMC At Far

FC Near

and like I said the cross aiming for the six yard box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's pretty much how I set my corners up, except I always try to make sure that no two players are in the same position as the engine doesn't seem to like that, especially with the challenge keeper headers. That seems the best way to score from corners in 08. Not as prolific as the 07 near post, but still a icon14.gif

it says out for around a day because the physios cant say exactly when the player is coming back
I realise that, but two weeks for one day is a bit rubbish considering the quality of my physios. it was just also really annoying as I thought he'd have made his debut a few games back. Only conceded one goal and played well in his debut, though.

would you accept 8.5 million for john O'Shea? (1st season in january)

Very much depends on how much cover you feel you'd have left in your squad, as you don't want to leave yourself short when it comes to the fixture congested run-in. I think he's a great squad player to have due to his versatility, but 8.5m's more than a fair price for him.

ive accepted bid for o'shea but i made it so he goes at the end of the season rather than straight away.

i could do with him helping secure the title and i like to rotate the squad too and hes been solid in his appearances.

gonna give kieron lee a chance in second season and see how he does

thanks again guys icon14.gif

I should probably look in the tactics thread, but I'm going to use my constant insightful posting as an excuse for any possible misplacement.

I'm looking to tweak my tactics and one of the individual settings I'm unhappy with is the DMC. The only slider I'm not sure about is Closing Down. I seem to remember wwfan suggesting a high setting in his 07 theories to prevent the player from dropping back into the defence, but the re-naming of the slider puts me off slightly, as I don't want him straying too far out of position closing players down all over the pitch. Also, do people give him man or zonal marking please? I'd instinctly go for zonal to protect the whole area, but again I seem to remember wwfan recommending man marking.

I always use zonal marking as man marking seems to be a bit flawed.

As for the DM, I give my MCd CD of 9, with the MCa on 11, so that the MCa starts closing down just before the half way line and the MCd just after the opposition break into my half. For a DM, you'd probably want to lower this to 7 or 8. I think it's more to do with his mentality and FWRs that make him go back into the d-line.

Re closing down values: Thanks very much, that's nice and logical.

I just got a goal of the month award

Berbatov for four consecutive months icon_cool.gif Just had Ronaldo score his first hat-trick for the club too in a 4-0 win against Liverpool icon_cool.gif

Boring you with mundane facts from my game with cool smilies attached icon_cool.gif

You'll be pleased to hear crazy gra, that Jo gave Ferdinand a tough 90 minutes in my recent 0-0 draw with CSKA. He seemed to be able to roll him with ease on the odd occasion it was played forward. I think I'll be buying Akinfeev on the strength of that game - 18 bloody shots he saved.

Originally posted by trundle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottme01:

Very much depends on how much cover you feel you'd have left in your squad, as you don't want to leave yourself short when it comes to the fixture congested run-in. I think he's a great squad player to have due to his versatility, but 8.5m's more than a fair price for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sell him and buy borre

Originally posted by xx11:

Quick update from me now 2011/12 completed.

Charity Shield vs Arsenal - 3-3 (Evans, Cerci x2). Won on penalties

European Super Cup vs Olympique Lyonais - 3-1 victory (Bojan, own goal, Buonanotte)

League Cup 4th Round vs Derby - 0-1 Defeat. What can I say? it was bad!

World Club Championship vs Saitama Utd - 5-0 (Bojan x 3, Saviet, Alfaro)

FA Cup vs Everton - 4-3 (Saviet x 2, Pique, Bojan)

Champions League vs Real Madriad - 3-2 (Anderson, Dos Santos, Fabio)

Premiership - Unbeaten, infact won every match for first time ever. Made up for league cup disappointment a little icon_smile.gif

Top 3 strikers: Bojan & Rossi - 22 goals each. Tevez 21.

Rooney only scored 15 this season, but topped the assist charts with 20.

Transfers during pre-season of 2012/13

Only limited transfers in:

Free - Adriano (Inter)

offered him 20k less then wanted and still wished to sign. Will get some matches but wanted him to tutor a little. Mind you, he may be a whiner so will have to be careful.

Free - Alessandro Tuia (Lazio)

Need to bolster my defence with youngster due to some getting on now (evra 30, rio 33 and declining rapidly icon_frown.gif )

Free - Loic Abenzoar (Olympique Lyonnais)

Decent looking youngster to replace Evans (most likely) in the cup team as he be moving up to the league team in rio's place)

600k - Fabio (Corinthians - regen) 18 year old CB. Looks like he may be a decent player with alot of training

So far no sales, only lots of loans to Antwerp. Need to look at my squad and assess who I want to let go. Turned down some 18million+30% offers for Fabio (the actual pre-arranged transfer one). Seems he may be better then alot of people say. He performed well, better then maybe his stats suggest but I think he still getting better.

One to watch

This guy looks like a good young player, just came into my youth team and at 16 he looking a strong prospect

Peter Moore

Additional information on my career.

I took control of Italy on 10 July 2011, more first dab into internation management. Not sure why, they had no manager even though apparently Capello was hired a year earlier. They were dwindling in the Euro qualifiers when I took over, however with a complete change in tactics and new players added, out of the blue, to help the squad they eased into 2nd qualifying spot just below Scotland. Following on to this the squad went all the way through to the final, where we won on penalties following a 4-4 thriller over spain. As a note, just to tell how drastic the team changed with me in charge, 2 players from Argentina, Left back Maxwell of Inter Milan and the other, a man many will know... Edison Cavani. If you ever Italian manager though, look up Alessio Cerci. I got him on a free from Roma in 08/09, and when I called him to the Italian squad he scored 7 goals in 8 games.

After less then year in charge I pulled the rabbit out the hat and saved their national game, but on the 362nd day in charge I resigned. The England job was available finally when McLaren was finally sacked for not getting out the group stage. They took their time firing him as he remained in Job even though not qualified for previous world cup finals.

Now I have command of the England team finally, and it is time to restore pride to our nation icon_smile.gif And you never know, I may one day have an England team made up of all Man Utd players. That is the day I look forward too

How old was adriano?

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trundle:

Very much depends on how much cover you feel you'd have left in your squad, as you don't want to leave yourself short when it comes to the fixture congested run-in. I think he's a great squad player to have due to his versatility, but 8.5m's more than a fair price for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sell him and buy borre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who has some crap defensive stats? icon13.gif

Berbatov for four consecutive months Just had Ronaldo score his first hat-trick for the club too in a 4-0 win against Liverpool

Boring you with mundane facts from my game with cool smilies attached

You'll be pleased to hear crazy gra, that Jo gave Ferdinand a tough 90 minutes in my recent 0-0 draw with CSKA. He seemed to be able to roll him with ease on the odd occasion it was played forward. I think I'll be buying Akinfeev on the strength of that game - 18 bloody shots he saved.

You probably have more people on long shots mixed/often than I do - I only have my AMC on mixed, everyone else on rarely.

And I'm pleased, but not surprised. You're tempting me to ditch ideas of buying Aguero in favour of STbs like him and Amauri. I do feel I could do with some aerial prowess up front, although I'll never get a WP for Jo atm.

Don't too heavily judge keepers until you've seen them on 8.0.2 as hopefully they'll have much harder shots to deal with.

Can somebody please give me an explanation for this:

I signed David Beckham from LA Galaxy due to his experience and to also tutor youngsters such as John Bostock and John Fleck. During the summer, (2011) his contract expired and at the time, he was in my reserves as he had been injured for a while. He was very interested in taking coaching up before going into management, but he's vanished!! When i went to offer him a new contract, he'd gone! I couldn't believe it!

Why is this?

Archived