FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by xx11:

My stadium is constantly packed, average attendance of 95396 across all competitions. Average attendance in league was 99710. Think 100k is indeed the limit on OT's capacity and though Im sure I could get alot more people into a larger stadium I wouldnt want to leave OT behind so I am not bugging the board about that situation.

I will try to display how some of the youth players have developed come 2014 later tonight, but the future looks good for my team icon_smile.gif

Just try it! Would be good to see if you get a new stadium as I've never heard it happen before. 2014? Must have got a few decent regens by now I'd hope.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Just try it! Would be good to see if you get a new stadium as I've never heard it happen before. 2014? Must have got a few decent regens by now I'd hope.

Didnt bug them in pre-season for the stadium, I see how it goes this season with attendances then annoy them mid season maybe.

Aye I got some decent regens now, both through my own youth and through those I have poached. Could have alot more but trying to dwindle my squad down. Just sold 9 players more then capable of being first team players, simply because I got to many. Arsenal have given me about 60m for 3 players, plus there about another 30million in goal clauses etc, and ofcourse my standard sell-on clauses icon_smile.gif

Still got some players I will ship of as the season goes on.

Now, as you talking about regens, I have got a few that will be in my teams this year. Going to put them in my next post.

I have decided to make it more challenging and have an all british team and a foriegn team. Cant decide how to split the games so I am tempted to just rotate them every game so they get an even share and the same team will never play 2 games in a row. Just call me Benetiz icon_razz.gif

Due to this decision a few regins coming into the team a bit earlier then they would have, however I reckon they can hold their own with a few experienced people around. Hopefully the uploads will be done in a decent time, but may get interupted by dinner so not sure how long it will take. Will also include a few promising youngsters that may form the bench for the team.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

Haha I've just a 'PR' from Rio Ferdinand on his personal screen saying:

"Glad to see his manager has a good sense of humour following his declaration of interest in Daniel Alves"

icon_biggrin.gif Cheeky.

Hah. Got to love Rio, such a character icon_biggrin.gif Thank god we got him. A comedian and a great player to cover a wandering keeper icon_smile.gif

carlos queiroz wont sign a new contract at the end of the season im offering him the maxium im allowed 25k p/w and 1.2m sign on fee.I cant adjust wadge budget either as im already 400k in budget.

He says he cant accept the basic wage

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

"Glad to see his manager has a good sense of humour following his declaration of interest in Daniel Alves"

icon_biggrin.gif Cheeky.

Hah. Got to love Rio, such a character icon_biggrin.gif Thank god we got him. A comedian and a great player to cover a wandering keeper icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That PR reaction seems to boost someone's morale so it's actually a useful thing to do.

Ok. Warn you now. This will have a long list of players (2 teams + backup players). Of course there be some that you can skip unless you wish to see what happening to them at this stage of the game in regards to stats or caps for national team. Will note down which teams youth squad players came from alongside the link.

It has been decided, I will rotate the 2 teams from game to game. Yes this will harm attempts for some player awards, but to be honest it team success and not individual success that matter. Hopefully it doesnt ruin my long run of unbeaten league games.

I will begin with the British team. All these players are eligable or have played for a British country, this includes Benega whom forms part of the England squad currently, well he has since I became manager and called him up to aid us in the world cup 2014. Though we only came runners up after losing to my former nation, Italy. Seems I left them with too good a side icon_frown.gif

British Team

GK: http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/153/benfosterprofilenx7.png]Ben Foster[/url]

DR: Danny Simpson

DL: Jon French - Man United Regen

DC: James Young - Man United Regen

DC: Jonathan Evans

MC: Ever Banega - English Citizen, called to national team.

MR: Matthew Brown - Norwich Regen

ML: James Miller - Man United Regen

AMC: John Fleck

AMC: Jose Baxter

FC: Wayne Rooney

Foreign Team

GK: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7459/eroscorradiniprofilegf8.png]Eros Corradini[/url]

DR: Loic Abenzoar

DL: Fabio

DC: Gerard Pique

DC: Namanja Vidic

MC: Lloyd Cruden - Feyenoord Regen

MR: Cristiano Ronald

ML: Lionel Messi

AMC: Giuseppe Rossi

AMC: Anderson

FC: Bojan

Backups, Substitutes and Regens

Goalkeepers

Sergio Arias Not an outstanding goalkeeper but seems to be ok when he gets a run out. Using him to bide my time to a decent young Englishman comes through

Gary Smith - Man United Regen. Hoping his mental and physical stats will improve and will be a good prospect

Paulo Cruzeiro Regen, hoping he will develop to decent keeper in early 20’s but still lacking in physical and mental areas so not looking too good icon_frown.gif

Defense

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/10/patriceevraprofilefq6.png - Getting old but still a great player. Just didnt want to drop Fabio. Year or two of playing from bench at most and hopefully he become a coach

Jamie Reynolds Man United Regen, why is he not in the British team? Hmm, even Im not sure why I didn’t give him the nod. Maybe it will change soon.

Sean Winters Man United Regen, could be good, if only makes his way to the gym and also learns to mark.

Peter Moore Man United Regen, could develop into a great player, but needs to pick up in training a bit to get there. Still does a good job when he plays any match, at any level.

Maximiliano Oliva Solid defensive except for him never finding the gym!

Fabio - Corinthians Regen, looked a great prospect but not developing quite as well as would have liked

M Midfield and Attack

Alessio Cerci - Ruled the world cup, been amazing from the moment I called him into the Italy squad and even after I resigned he still fires them in.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5808/tonikroosprofileyf1.png]Toni Kroos[/url] Well he is a quality player, but wants a new challenge and has done for half a season. If the right offer comes in he will be sold but he on a long term contract so until an offer comes in he can play of the bench. What he gets for not being commited.

Giovani Dos Santos Quality player, just where can he really fit in? For now he probably continue to come of the bench into any midfield or forward position.

Nani Decent enough, but he as good as can get and just not got that edge. Good performer at times but mainly in the team due to liking him.

Aaron Lennon - signed for 20k due to Newcastle administration icon_smile.gif

Abou Diaby - Signed for 20k due to Newcastle administration

Paul Marples Man United Regen, versatile looking player. Could come in handy.

Dave Varney Performs well as an AMC, certainly doing the business for England

Paul Thomas - Arsenal Regen, looking like he may become a very good player

Adam Cook - Man United Regen, may be decent in a year or two.

Adam Webb - Man United Regen, may be decent in a year or two.

Daniel Davies - Millwall Regen – Solid all round midfielder, slight let down physically

Darren Grant Man United Regen, slowly improving and may turn out very good

Ian Deakin Man United Regen, may be decent in a year or two.

Jeffrey Platten Chelsea Regen, his let down is mainly in physical area.

Marcelo - Corinthians Regen, Solid looking player, shame he cant mark, this is his biggest weakness when it comes to defensive side of his game.

In closing

I am praying this post has come out correctly, if not I think I pull my hair out. I do apologise for the long post, unfortunately I dont do things by halfs!

With these regens they are not all great but show some potential. For every decent player I got 4 awful players. There multiple quality players from the outset that are not here because they are either about to be sold, or attempting to sell them, ie Lulinha. Didnt want to bore you any more then I have.

Hopefully this is an indication of some of the quality that can come through the youth team.

I may soon carry out a "where are they now" investigation to see where players transfered early on are now. For instance:

Louis Saha went to Tottenham in 08/09 for 10million. He remained there until the completion of 2012/13 season when he retired from playing. For the last 2 seasons he hadnt played a game and he is now an unemployed coach.

Originally posted by red devilz:

behrami or bellushi???

hopin to offload nani as he is nt playing well

giggs is getting older and his stats are declining...

Nani didn't play too well for me but did well at the end of the season where ,most of his stats went up a notch and he nearly made it into the FA Cup starting line up. Keep him.

xx11: Some good regens there, mainly the wingers, although I didn't look at all of them. Nice to see how good Foster and Evans are looking now.

I may soon carry out a "where are they now" investigation to see where players transfered early on are now. For instance:

Louis Saha went to Tottenham in 08/09 for 10million. He remained there until the completion of 2012/13 season when he retired from playing. For the last 2 seasons he hadnt played a game and he is now an unemployed coach.

I was going to ask you what happened to ex players as I often do that a few seasons into the game. Just don't make Saha your fitness coach icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by red devilz:

behrami or bellushi???

hopin to offload nani as he is nt playing well

giggs is getting older and his stats are declining...

Nani didn't play too well for me but did well at the end of the season where ,most of his stats went up a notch a

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

icon_biggrin.gif Cheeky.

Hah. Got to love Rio, such a character icon_biggrin.gif Thank god we got him. A comedian and a great player to cover a wandering keeper icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That PR reaction seems to boost someone's morale so it's actually a useful thing to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except it ****es off the professional players. Twats.

xx11-You've got some ffffb regens but also pretty **** ones.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

icon_biggrin.gif Cheeky.

Hah. Got to love Rio, such a character icon_biggrin.gif Thank god we got him. A comedian and a great player to cover a wandering keeper icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That PR reaction seems to boost someone's morale so it's actually a useful thing to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except it ****es off the professional players. Twats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't notice that when it happened to me.

I was going to ask you what happened to ex players as I often do that a few seasons into the game. Just don't make Saha your fitness coach icon_razz.gif

Got him as a coach, but aint letting him do fitness. Felt sorry for the unemployed gimp and the board let me sign him even though would not allow others to sign. Heh.

The strange thing is, he got a rating of 16 in fitness coaching. Guess he teaches with a "what not to do" method

That fella named illdisposed on pages 5,6,7 etc is clearly a cheat...He has posted images which are clearly edited using any of the image editing software out there.

Anyways i cant seem to find a decent tactic to suit my team (start of first season, no purchases yet). Someone point out a good tactic that i can download? Preferably something that is as close to the way Man Utd play in real life.

Thanks

Originally posted by MDFC Manager:

oh and by the way i'm using the 8.0.0 version if thats important

Since your not far into your season and havent purchased anyone I'd suggest downloading the new patch and starting again to get rid of any possible bugs in game icon14.gif And as for tactics have a look in the Tactics and Training forum, theres guides on how to build tactics, how to implements different syles in game, and if you dont wanna build your own tactic theres always a new one to download it seems.

Not played in the 2nd season yet, but I reckon Neville and Scholes will do jobs in the second season. Giggs might be OK but I reckon Nani, Andy or even Martin will be better, especially later in the season when Giggs' pace has really dropped.

Fcuking **** game engine if you ask me.

hello people, im in 4th season, just coming up to january sales, what i need is a world class right back fairly cheap, ideally micah richards would be my first choice, but man city wont settle for anythin less than 35 mil. no matter how good he is,

i dont wanna spend that much on one player, i aint bothered too much bout age, just as long as they good enuff at that level, any ideas?? also a top class central defender is needed aswell as backup? cheers for your help

Well tbf mate, Richards can cover both DC and DR, and hes world class. So you've got your right back, and your DC cover in one for just £35M, whereas if you were getting two separate players I can guarantee you it'll cost more than £35m for two world class players. Go for Richards icon14.gif

How much will Alves cost? For a cheap option, go for Hutton.

alves is valued at 18.5 mil, ill make a few enquiries n bids, see what i can do, otherwise, ill try hutton, is he really good enuf?

sheps , good advice i might reconsider my options icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by lee_the_pea:

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=my1stteamxf4.jpg

thats the link to my first team, i personally dont think i need any more players at the moment apart from the right back, but i will always be open to any advice from you experts lol

Will post my first team later tonight as I am at work to get some feedback icon_smile.gif

In regards to right back, how's Danny Simpson in your game? I bought Eduardo Ratinho when he was 21 for about $Au17m which has helped the transition from Neville retiring in the next few seasons.

Originally posted by kevieyang:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lee_the_pea:

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=my1stteamxf4.jpg

thats the link to my first team, i personally dont think i need any more players at the moment apart from the right back, but i will always be open to any advice from you experts lol

Will post my first team later tonight as I am at work to get some feedback icon_smile.gif

In regards to right back, how's Danny Simpson in your game? I bought Eduardo Ratinho when he was 21 for about $Au17m which has helped the transition from Neville retiring in the next few seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simpson, Brown and O'Shea have all played well at right back when I've played them there.

Originally posted by lee_the_pea:

hello people, im in 4th season, just coming up to january sales, what i need is a world class right back fairly cheap, ideally micah richards would be my first choice, but man city wont settle for anythin less than 35 mil. no matter how good he is,

i dont wanna spend that much on one player, i aint bothered too much bout age, just as long as they good enuff at that level, any ideas?? also a top class central defender is needed aswell as backup? cheers for your help

You could see how much de Silvestri is! You may also want to retrain Kieran Lee as he is a good LB & RB in my game. Also VDB is a very steady RB who you should be able to pick up relatively cheaply.

How good is Evra? Is he has good has Dani Alves is at RB? I need a fast pacey LB who is good going forward for my Milan team.

I haven't started my Man Utd career game yet and won't do til the patch is out so don't know how good or bad he is.

cheers

Originally posted by adonis:

How good is Evra? Is he has good has Dani Alves is at RB? I need a fast pacey LB who is good going forward for my Milan team.

I haven't started my Man Utd career game yet and won't do til the patch is out so don't know how good or bad he is.

cheers

Evra is probably the best LB in the game.

Ooh just asked the board for a new feeder club. However since I've been boss for "some time now" (18th December 2008) they have given me a choice of which feeder club type. So I can choose from:

Any type

National loan/First option

Work permit

Commercial link

International loan/First option

Which type of club link should I go for? What would benefit me/Utd the most? I have the following clubs as my feeder teams and their link type in brackets:

Aberdeen (national loan/first option)

Antwerp (work permit)

Bury (no benefit)

Connah's Quay (first option)

Fluminese (first option)

Gamba (Japan) (commercial link)

New England (USA) (commercial link)

Newport Co (first option)

Paramatta Eagles (Australia) (first option)

Shelbourne (first option)

Sporting CP (first option)

i wouldnt go for commercial. I found that once got 2 commercial links they wont give anymore. Generally I just tell them any, think the option only comes handy if they cancel the link to a permit or commercial link. Until then it kinda pointless

Originally posted by Evon:

You can choose???????

And just to run down the page Hutton looks OK but not amazing, De Silvestri is better and Evra is the best defender in the game icon_cool.gif

Aye once you are established in a club they give you option of the type of feeder you would like. Often though they come back with "nothing suitable" if you got commercial and work permit clubs already. Hence say "any"

Archived