FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Well, my game is quickly going up in flames. Lose to Lyon in Semi-Final of Champions League, lose in Semi-Final of FA Cup to Aston Villa, lost Aguero to Inter for £42! MILLION! Rip off in my opinion. Lost Pique to Zarragoza for £8.6 mil as the BOARD ACCEPTED it. The jebs. And on top of that. the £6-8mil players I wanted are now costing 30 mil, 25 mil, 20 mil, ect. Stupid season 2.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rydo L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kickingbird:

Messi cost 44.5 million. Pique was my first choice right back this season but i sold him to Barca to recoup some of Messi's transfer fee.

u overpaid for messi

That's actually a good price for Messi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a really good price for Messi considering i sold Darren Fletcher for 20mil in the first season! It not that I dont rate Fletcher, I think he is a good player but he's no Messi.

O.k Thanks for the help. Well, this is my transfers for the start of the 2nd season:

Ins:

Bojan - Loan

Dani Alves - £36m(could'nt resist)

Matias Fernandez - £15m(he's doing awesome)

Outs:

Nani - £24m

Vidic - £40m(Was unhappy and was'nt playing well anyway)

Brown - £19m

As i said, thanks for the help and I'll give an update soon!!!

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sidnv:

I ned help to get rid of some players. I dont' know who to sell

I'm in my 6th season in 2012.

I need to sell 1 of these strikers

Rooney

Aguero

Tevez

Rossi

Huntelaar

Brandy

I wanted to sell Huntelaar but he is Everyone's favourite player so i'm worried it would harm morale

Attacking midfielders

Nasri

Diego

Matias Fernandes

Anderson

I'd sell at least 2 strikers tbh. Selling Huntelaar makes no difference to morale especially as he's so damn ****. And sell Brandy. For AM's, sell Diego and maybe Nasri though it depends on your wingers.

I need a right back i season 2 as i only have neville and brown. I can get M.Richards for £25m or Dani Alves for £30m. I can also get Behrami for £13.5m but not sure if he is better as a winger.

Which one would you choose or would you go for someone else.

Overpriced for both. If you want a right back, Richards is really not the way to go. He's hit attacking wise. Alves is better at both attacking and defending as a fullback. But £30m is steep. I got him for £16m. Try De Silvestri or Cassni. Look around. Maybe Lahm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sell brandy

O.k Thanks for the help. Well, this is my transfers for the start of the 2nd season:

Ins:

Bojan - Loan

Outs:

Nani - £24m

Brown - £19m

All good deals except for Dani Alves lol could have got him half of that cash!

I know mate, i got him for £15m in one of my Barca saves. Sevilla just were not budging this time even though he was unhappy and wanted a new challenge.

Tbh, i'm not that bothered as i had a good budget and wanted the best and Imo, he is the best.

Ins:

Bojan - Loan

Outs:

Nani - £24m

Brown - £19m

sold vidic icon_frown.gif he scores 20 goals a season for me id never sell him!

Originally posted by Dave Liddle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">O.k Thanks for the help. Well, this is my transfers for the start of the 2nd season:

Ins:

Bojan - Loan

Outs:

Nani - £24m

Brown - £19m

sold vidic icon_frown.gif he scores 20 goals a season for me id never sell him! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Brown for £19m?! Only someone like Chelsea would pay that much for him. Who did? And who bought Vidic and Nani?

Evon: Can't believe you still use near post for corners. Doesn't work at all now. Challenge CK is the best way now with no-one on near post.

Yeah sold Vidic, i feel i had to because he was unhappy about me rejecting bids plus he was being far out-performed by Rio and Barzagli who have been solid! I also have Pique and evans for back-up who coming along nicely.

Vidic went to Barca, Nani went to Blackburn and Brown went to newcastle. All were sold over 24 months icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rydo L:

Ins:

Bojan - Loan

Outs:

Nani - £24m

Brown - £19m

All good deals except for Dani Alves lol could have got him half of that cash! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i buy him i always have to meet his release clause of 41.5 icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi, I just started as Man U and looking for a tactic guide.

The only player I bought is Thierry Henry so far.

Anyway, I would like to play very offensive attacking with very fast tempo and lots of through balls. I would like as little cross as possible unless someone is really wide open. I also want to exploit Ronaldo and Nani's ability by putting them as wingers and them scoring lots of goals/assisting instead of crossing.

But I dont know what kind of slider setting or even formation I should use. I think I should use counter attack but what else? What individual/team instruction should I give with what formation?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well i just sold nani to arsenal for 40m. 1 time payment.. hehe.

WoW thats a great deal.

You better hope he doesnt come back to haunt you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With that kind of money he will be able to get a better replacement if required! Great deal!

quote:

well i just sold nani to arsenal for 40m. 1 time payment.. hehe.

WoW thats a great deal.

You better hope he doesnt come back to haunt you!

With that kind of money he will be able to get a better replacement if required! Great deal!

I meant he better hope he doesnt come back to score against him or something because he sold him to Arsenal.

Originally posted by xx11:

Bojan is a god. But I will let the screenshots do the talking icon_smile.gif

Man Utd vs Chelsea

Can you post your tactic please looks good, is it consistent though?Cheers p.s. wheres rooney?

Man Utd vs Chelsea Match stats & Formation

Bojan

Bojan Form

Must say I enjoyed that result against Chelsea. It looks like revenge of the superkeepers! Good old Corradini

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

Well that dant work, what tactics do you use and would you be able to post it cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

Bojan is a god. But I will let the screenshots do the talking icon_smile.gif

Man Utd vs Chelsea

Can you post your tactic please looks good, is it consistent though?Cheers p.s. wheres rooney?

Man Utd vs Chelsea Match stats & Formation

Bojan

Bojan Form

Must say I enjoyed that result against Chelsea. It looks like revenge of the superkeepers! Good old Corradini

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Shanksie1975:

@Evon - corners aimed @ 6 yard box, with both CB's on their keeper. Both Rio and Vidic score a decent amount this way.

Similar to mine but I don't aim the corners anywhere in particular. I've only scored 5 goals from corners so far this season and I'm in April icon_frown.gif

Guest wade1020

has any one found miguel tevez....i had him in my under 19s... and improved very well... my game got deleted in the first season last night decided to start again but cant find him..... i got 8.01 update... does anyone know if robert brady on the next update

@Evon - try this thread mate, it's pretty close to mine, tho ofc as mentioned i've got both my CB's on their keeper

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9602060673

I've just hit Jan and i'm on 15 goals from corners in all competitions (11 PL, 2 LC & 2 CL)

Rio scored 3

Vidic 6

tho ofc other players have scored from corners aswell icon_smile.gif.

My problem is that Tevez isn't scoring and Saha is :|

I bought Cavani just after the transfer window so now i've hit Jan he's just arrived.My theory was that i'd sell Saha (probably my least fave MU player IRL), but if anything it'll be Tevez i get rid of icon_frown.gif.

My corners are set as. Aim 6 yard box. Gk default. Dr needed dl needed dc rio fwd dc vidic keeper mr deep ml deep mc lurk mc needed fc near fc st far i get about 45 goals a season from this ps my corner takes is a mc on needed

Originally posted by Shanksie1975:

@Evon - try this thread mate, it's pretty close to mine, tho ofc as mentioned i've got both my CB's on their keeper

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9602060673

I've just hit Jan and i'm on 15 goals from corners in all competitions (11 PL, 2 LC & 2 CL)

Rio scored 3

Vidic 6

tho ofc other players have scored from corners aswell icon_smile.gif.

My problem is that Tevez isn't scoring and Saha is :|

I bought Cavani just after the transfer window so now i've hit Jan he's just arrived.My theory was that i'd sell Saha (probably my least fave MU player IRL), but if anything it'll be Tevez i get rid of icon_frown.gif.

I shall try that out. Looks well thought out.

My New United Game

Ins

Aguero £25m

Zarate £3.2m

Outs

Fletcher £7.5m

First XI

GK VDS (Kuzsczak Backup)

LB Evra (O'Shea Backup)

CB Vidic (O'Shea Backup)

CB Ferdinand (Pique Backup)

RB Neville (Brown Backup)

LAM Nani (Nani Backup)

CAM Anderson (Scholes Backup)

CDM Hargreaves (Carrick Backup)

CAM Tevez/Rooney (Rotation) (Zarate Backup)

ST Aguero (Saha Backup)

Originally posted by clonabanjo:

My New United Game

Ins

Aguero £25m

Zarate £3.2m

Outs

Fletcher £7.5m

First XI

GK VDS (Kuzsczak Backup)

LB Evra (O'Shea Backup)

CB Vidic (O'Shea Backup)

LAM Nani (Nani Backup)

ST Aguero (Saha Backup)

game too easy so you only using 10 players in a lopsided midfield? icon_razz.gif

I assume you got RAM: Ronaldo? Also assume LAM is giggs backed up by nani, and not nani backup form himself?

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clonabanjo:

My New United Game

Ins

Aguero £25m

Zarate £3.2m

Outs

Fletcher £7.5m

First XI

GK VDS (Kuzsczak Backup)

LB Evra (O'Shea Backup)

CB Vidic (O'Shea Backup)

LAM Nani (Nani Backup)

ST Aguero (Saha Backup)

game too easy so you only using 10 players in a lopsided midfield? icon_razz.gif

I assume you got RAM: Ronaldo? Also assume LAM is giggs backed up by nani, and not nani backup form himself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Giggsy backup to Nani and Ronnie RAM.

Giggsy may rotate with Nani tbh.

i need a left back/ wing back to take over evra for 3 seasons. i had tried bidding georgio chellini, clichy, traoe, lamm and critisco. ally my bids had been rejected..budget aroun 30m left and had no luck in signing cech.. he wanted to leave chelsea but that stupid grant just won't let him leave..icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Swordsaman:

i need a left back/ wing back to take over evra for 3 seasons. i had tried bidding georgio chellini, clichy, traoe, lamm and critisco. ally my bids had been rejected..budget aroun 30m left and had no luck in signing cech.. he wanted to leave chelsea but that stupid grant just won't let him leave..icon_mad.gif

you tried bale?

Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swordsaman:

you tried bale? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bale joined arsenal last season in my game..nevertheless i will give it a try.

Archived